Notices

August Sobriety 2009 Part 11

Old 10-24-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

HI AUGUSTIES!

It's Bubba, on the computer during her little pass... took me weeks to coordinate this

So... I wont' be back any time soon but I will be back.

I'm still in rehab, still doing okay. Well, maybe better. Dunno yet... I'm still in the process hehe. We'll see how I am in a year's time

Take care y'all--didn't have time to read everything past the time zone thing on page one and something about tennis (or am I just projecting without proof... Zebra and Brent back and forth? Tennis? Badbubba. )sorry. So I hope everybody's okay ((Augusties)).

TB
Old 10-25-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

BUBBA!!!! So glad you checked in with us. It sounds like you are in a good place. I can't wait to hear more about your progress when you can check in again. Keep going Bubba.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

(((((TB)))))
Thank you for checking in with us. I have often wondered how you were doing. Please know we miss you, and look forward to when you can be back with us! We love ya Bubba!

Zebra, you are right, what a great football weekend for our teams. We just might actually meet up in a bowl game this year.

I hope everyone is doing well this Monday.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey Bubba! Thanks for checking in!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey Jason, how about a sobriety update from you?

Hello everyone else. Well, winter is officially coming our way in South Dakota. We are in a high wind advisory here with 50 mph winds today and tomorrow with gusts higher than that. Chance of snow tonight. Good thing I bought a snowmobile on Sunday. Bring it on.

Hope you all are well. Hugs.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

267 days, Brent.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Way to go GoFish!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Did you just call Jason a Go Go fish? haha. Is that like a stripper fish? OOOOKKKKKK, back to work.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Snowing in SD today.....And 45 mph winds.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

It's been really windy here the past 2 days, I swear the air in your town arrives here about an hour later.

School's were closed around here because of the wind yesterday which I've never heard of before. It's because it wasn't safe for high profile vehicles like semi's and school buses to travel (plus there were tornado watches and warnings all day long).

If it's snowing with 45 mph winds you are going to have some really large snow drifts. I hope your snow mobile starts up!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

The snow is already gone. It is about 36 degrees so it is melting as soon as it hits the ground. However I did go and buy a snowmobile helmet today, so I am ready when there is enough snow to get out there. Vroom Vroom!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good Evening Gang,

Well, I am back from the state volleyball playoffs. We made it to the Elite Eight, but, lost our match.

It was very exciting to play in the state championship. It was even more exciting to see my daughter play with confidence and ease. She has come along way from the beginning of the season.

Zebra, we had lunch at PF Changs. Started off with the lettuce wraps..yummm.

A week from today we head to Aruba. I am really looking forward to getting away with my husband. The resort we are staying at is all inclusive. Back in the day, I would be so excited that this included alcohol. Now....I am just looking forward to some lazy days in the sun.

Hoping everyone is doing well this hump day...
Old 10-27-2010, 07:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Oh, and not to rub it in, but today our high was 89 with a low of 68. It is raining now, and we are supposed to get a cold front behind the rain.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:53 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

ANEW, sounds like a great vacation! In years past the all-inclusive part would have been a problem for me too.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Congrats to your daughter Anew, and have fun on vacation! You deserve it. Although since it is so warm where you live it seems almost kind of wasteful to go somewhere warm doesn't it? Come to SD and you will really appreciate your weather. haha. It was 24 at my house this morning, shooting for a high of 35 today! Woo Hoo! And I hear you about the all inclusive thing. Unlimited everything. Not good for an alcoholic. Last May when we went to Mexico it was all inclusive and it really wasn't that hard. On past vacations I felt like I had to drink all I could to "get my monies worth". How stupid! I ended up feeling like crap the whole vacation. Oh yeah, I really showed them, eh? lol.

We are going to St. Lucia In march with three other couples. Really looking forward to that. Again, all inclusive but I have been there, done that before so I know I will be OK. And by March I am really sick of the cold, so it will be good to get away.

Have a great rest of your week friends. Sunday is Halloween.... don't eat too much candy. My daughter is going to be a fairy this year.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I just walked into my office today, and my assistant said" why are you so damn happy all the time, and what are you smoking?" haha. That made my day. I just said it is a great day to be alive. Some people just don't understand.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:28 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

bdiddy, enjoy Halloween with your daughter, our kids are well best the trick or treating stage. My family is now at the stage where we buy a bunch of candy a week early, eat it all ourselves, and then have to make a special trip to the store on Halloween so that we have something to pass out.

I remember a few Halloweens where I drank to much, glad that won't be the case this year.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I must plead guilty to "drunk or treating" myself a few times.

We purposely buy the candy we like to eat, you know, just in case there is any left
over, waste not, want not
Old 11-01-2010, 07:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hello friends. Another good weekend. Went to my in-laws for the weekend and did some pheasant hunting. Always a good time when hunting is involved. Our daughter got to trick or treat two nights in a row because the town my wife is from does not allow trick or treating on Sunday's, so she went out there on Saturday night and our town on Sunday night. She had a blast! I remember last year I was at the end of my drinking career and was taking shots just to "maintain" while out trick or treating. My goodness, how sick! Well not this year. Had an awesome.... SOBER!

Have a great week everyone.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

bdiddy,

I remember some of my Halloween drinking. It's funny, if the weather is could and nasty it's the husbands job to take the kids around. If the weather is warm and pleasant, it's the husbands job to stay home and pass out candy.

When I took the kid's around in nasty weather, I used that as a reason to drink a little something to keep me warm. When I stayed home alone and passed out the candy, that was a good excuse to drink also (I guess because I was home alone and missing out on the fun).

This year was a sober Halloween and I went to my Sunday night men's group meeting. Many of us had similiar stories of drinking on Halloween. The meeting was one of the best I've been to in a long time.