SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   August Sobriety 2009 Part 11 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/210152-august-sobriety-2009-part-11-a.html)

Dee74 09-28-2010 11:00 PM

August Sobriety 2009 Part 11

and the journey continues :)

old part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-10-a-20.html

D

Zebra1275 09-29-2010 04:16 AM

Hey, I get to do the first post in the new thread! Whoopee!

bdiddy5522 09-29-2010 07:05 AM

DANGIT! I wanted to be the first posted. :(

Hey, Endzoner made another post updating everyone on TB. She is still in the re-hab place and doing well.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ate-bubba.html

Here is the link if you guys want to read it. I am so glad she is in a place that is getting her the help she needs. The most recent update is on the second page of the thread.

Have a great Wednesday everyone. :)

Zebra1275 09-29-2010 07:08 AM

Bdiddy, thanks for the update on bubba. (You gotta get up earlier in the morning if you want to have the first post in a new thread, I'm a time zone east of you).

ANEWAUGUST 09-29-2010 07:53 AM

Well, I am not the first poster on the thread, and that is just fine with me!

Thanks for posting the link on the Bubba update. I am so glad she is doing well. I was so worried about her, as it seemed she was headed further downward.

Its a beautiful hump day here, I think I will make it a beautiful day!

Gofish 09-29-2010 08:08 AM

So glad to finally get some news on Bubba! I think of her often.

bdiddy5522 09-29-2010 08:35 AM

Yeah, I was glad she contacted someone and let them know how she is doing.

I guess you will just always beat me Zebra since there is no way I am going to start getting up earlier just to make the first post. :)

ANEWAUGUST 09-30-2010 09:51 AM

Hello all...

Well, this morning, our german shepherd, who had epilepsy died. He was a faithful, sweet dog who suffers no more.

A year ago almost to the day, our little chihuahua died.

So, today, I am just in a blah, sad mood.

Zebra1275 09-30-2010 10:09 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss.

bdiddy5522 09-30-2010 12:18 PM

I'm sorry Anew. Losing a pet is never easy. We have a six year old Boston Terrier, and I have already thought about the day she leaves us and how hard it will be. Keep your head up, and again sorry for your loss. :(

traderjane 09-30-2010 12:35 PM

So sorry for your loss, Anew. Dogs are very much part of the family and it's a huge loss. My thoughts are with you today.

PurpleCat 10-01-2010 08:25 PM

(((Anew))) I'm sorry. Our Chas was diagnosed with lymphoma three weeks ago and it has been a bit of a roller coaster around here. Pets (and especially dogs) are such a huge part of our lives and it is hard when we have to lose them. :(

Dee74 10-01-2010 08:42 PM

(((Anew)))

D

bdiddy5522 10-04-2010 06:39 AM

Hellllllloooooooooo? Anyone there? :)

Happy Monday everyone. Had another great, sober weekend. Went to the cage fights on Saturday night with a few friends. They were awesome. Then went to some friends house that were having a "naughty T-shirt" party. Pretty funny. My wife got there before I did as we went to the cage fights. The party was pretty low key. Only a couple of the guys were a little "over-served" haha. One of them poured a beer and put it in front of my face and said "come on, a perfectly poured beer, drink it." I just looked at him. He had obviously forgot that I don't drink anymore as I have hung out with him numerous times since I quit. I said sternly "I don't drink"! Then he remembered and felt pretty stupid and apologized. It's all good. My disease is my problem, not theirs.

Yesterday I spend the day watching football. It is definitely fall here. It was 40 degrees here this morning when I woke up. Our new carpet is getting installed today and tomorrow. It will be nice to finally have my basement back!

Have a great, sober week my friends.

ANEWAUGUST 10-04-2010 07:27 AM

Happy Monday Morning All,

Our little corner of the world here on SR sure has slowed down.

My weekend was a busy one, yet a good one.

We finally have a nip on fall in the air here....hurray!

Zebra1275 10-04-2010 09:31 AM

Checking in, still sober.

My college age daughter wants to study abroad in Australia for a semester next year. It only costs an additional $20,000 above what I'm already paying for college. I'm going to have to look between the couch cushions or take some pop bottles back to the store to come up with the money. (This would also be the year that her younger sister starts college). I'm sure I'm saving money by not drinking, but I didn't drink that much!

ANEWAUGUST 10-04-2010 01:28 PM

Zebra, that sounds like an exciting opportunity for your daughter, yet, an expensive one
for you!

Is there any finanacial aid available to offset the semester?

bdiddy5522 10-04-2010 01:51 PM

I would suggest planting a money tree Zebra.... :) And then go ride a unicorn and hunt Bigfoot.

Zebra1275 10-04-2010 02:39 PM

Yes, studying abroad sounds like a wonderful opportunity for my daughter. However, I'm having a bit of a problem with it on a different level. She spent a week in Italy and a week in France in high school. My other daughter spent 10 days in Paris this summer after she returned from a week in San Francisco. My wife and I work and pay for everything. Except for going to Canada a couple of times (which when you live in Michigan is not a big deal) we have never left the country and don't even have passports. Sometime, it has to be "our" turn.

ANEWAUGUST 10-05-2010 08:23 AM

Oh Zebra...I hear ya!

My husband and I feel the same way. We have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to go to Aruba the beginning of November for 5 days. This isn't anything we would have thought to do, the trip is a "freebie" from my employer that the owners couldn't take. We are very excited!!!!