Notices

Members with less than 2 weeks-Welcome! Part 13

Old 10-20-2010, 03:48 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Peace, No More Guilt 9/28/2010

Originally Posted by reddy2quit View Post
Poured everything out and am starting again today. I appreciate the advice to reset the counter rather than gloss over and will follow it.

Tonight will mark day 1.
Celabrate the day you where sober not the 1 day you had a drink... they out weight that one slip....
Old 10-20-2010, 04:11 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol! Day 3 for me today! I have opted to not consult my doctor about detox as last time I had no problems at all. I feel fine this morning. I had a tough time last night though due to blurried vision. I felt like I couldn't focus. No big deal though.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Day 13 and I don't know if it's just the stress at work, which has been horrendous today or what, but I want a magnum bottle of wine right now....
Don't worry I'm holding out, but dear me it is hard today!!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hisako - I hear ya... work can be a huge stressor Might want to have a plan for when you get off work - go home a different way (if you pass by a store), treat yourself to a cappuchino or something that doesn't contain the poison, take a walk, etc.
Me, I'm pretty stressed too - head is really fuzzy at the moment... As soon as I get out of here, I'm going running - I'm not going to pass go or collect my 100 bucks.... I'm going straight to the park. That usually makes me ok again...
Old 10-20-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Today is day 7 for me. I'm so scared I'm going to fail at this again it's all I think about, is staying sober constantly,I don't know if it's normal or even good to think about nothing else but guilt ,shame is so built up. I get anxiety attacks still not as bad as the 1st couple of days.Now I get the taste of beer(without actually drinking or being around it) and have to run and drink alot of water I've never had that happen before. I've went to 3 meetings ,church &I have another meeting tonight.I'm still reading the AA book and 12 &12. In meetings I don't say everything that is on my mind I'm a shy person except when I am drinking.I have tried many times to quit so at least I know many triggers.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

stayinsober - -- you're doing good.

I journal to try to get the 'stuff' pent up inside out. Might help you. Good that you recognize where you're at and that you are reaching out also! I LOVE your little icon thingy - Instant Idiot Just Add Alcohol - funny, but true.

I'm battling some heavy anxiety today also - feels like I could slam a few, but I won't give up almost two weeks of sobriety on something that isn't going to last, but just cover up what I most need help with and healed.

Maybe you should focus on what has been good about these last 7 days and not so much the 'fear of failing'. Write them down. Take today for today - don't worry about tomorrow or the next day. Just focus on today.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Start of day 7 and got a big pat on the back from my alcohol counsellor last night and a detailed diary for the next week to help pull out the 'patterns' (if there are any) of when I really want to go and buy alcohol. It was a good meeting.

My talking therapy last night was also very, very, good, but very, very tearful. I feel I have 100% affinity with her, but I realise I am going to have to open up some very painful boxes to really heal past and present and today, I'm sorry to say, that I feel very sad, tearful, down and depressed.

I will get through it - I am just going to try and focus on working away all day till I can get home and hug my family.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:36 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

You can do it feelingdown! Day 4 for me. This is will be toughest of all as it is my day off. I think im going to hit 2-3 meetings today.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Well, y'all Day 15 for me.... looks like I'll be heading over to the 30 days and under thread! I'll definitely pop in from time to time.

After a good night's sleep - I'm not as anxious / stressed today.

Feelingdown - I know it's hard to open up certain things, but it's worth it. You'll see. I've cried many tears over the last couple weeks and each time I'm one step closer to being free from 'stuff' of the past. The memories are still there, but many of them don't affect me anymore and actually enable me to help others through their pain. It's actually rewarding on one hand, yet still painful on the other when I'm going through another layer of 'stuff'. Congrats on this being 1 week!!!

Have a great day everyone! You really can do it
Old 10-21-2010, 10:12 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Really4Real.......Congratulations......
Old 10-21-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

day 12

hi,
It seems it is getting harder, I will be at 2 weeks Saturday but I RSVP'd I would go to the party but now I am thinking maybe I better not since I am struggling so much, so emotional too. Also found out others husband were invited just not mine, he is an A, but basically harmless, sits home everynight after work, does okay on beer, not hard liquour. basically functional A. anyways very depressed.Some of the people I work with seem so cold and uncaring. I guess I am codependent too. thinking that might be as big a problem as alcohol. anyways maybe I need a good cry too. Hang in there everybody, we can do it together!!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better soon Ruby - I do think it's a good idea to miss the party tho

D
Old 10-21-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Ruby......

Here are some of my "Bluess Chasing" ideas..
Use all or some of them please....

Take a long walk
Dance around the room
Listen to happy music
Watch a silly movie
Take a bubble bath
Cry
Snack on a favorite food
Pray for peace of mind

Well done on your sober time....
Old 10-21-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Have a happy sober weekend everyone.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Ruby.... be prayin for ya - maybe you could tell them you're not feeling well (not a lie, you're really not feeling well emotionally...).

Take care of yourself - all of you We're going to all do this together.
Meet you on the 30 days and under thread
Old 10-21-2010, 10:10 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I went to an awesome birthday party that ended three days of sobriety. I didn't get drunk but I got a good buzz. I am now on day 5 since that party. I am lying to myself that I can be just a social drinker...but I need to try.

Which takes me to closure. I want to thank everyone for her support. I am powerless over alcohol but I need to test that theory--which means I don't belong here. Thanks again, and hopefully I never need to come back.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:19 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel the need to do that Bellerophon...I wasted many years that way.
I hope your experience is different, but yeah - the doors always open here

D
Old 10-22-2010, 12:14 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hope your life turns out well.......
If you ever decide sobriety is for you...
please remember SR is here.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:54 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Day 5!! Woot Woot!! I was just invited to a family Halloween party and I asked my wife to get me out of having to go. Unfortunately, my extended family is not really who I need to be around at this time as it will just be a booze festival. I am really blessed to not only have my AA meetings, but SR! That said, I'll be here and at meetings all weekend over going to that party.

Good day all!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

nytecomm.....good choices.....

My AA home group has a Halloween party planned after a
meeting. Family members welcome....food and games...
costumes optional.
Check in your area....we can't be the only one doing this.

You and your wife can begin a new sober tradition too.
Dinner out....a movie....anything the 2 of you enjoy...

Sobriety is just such a win win lifestyle.

"We are not a glum lot....we absolutely
insist on enjoying life"
BB-1st. Edition