June Sobriety Group Part 2

Old 09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Administrator

I believe you can do it TJ

D
Old 09-18-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

I have NO DOUBT you can do it!! I think it will be a big break through for you when you get there.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Oh and one more thing TJ i am very prone to Panic Attacks. I have had them off and on for the last 10 years. I swear to you I cannot conjure up one for anything. It is a miracle I swear. All of those years they were because of my drinking. I even have xanax prescribed for them, and I no longer need them. It is AMAZING!!!
Just another reason to stop drinking. I have no doubt if I started drinking again they would come back full force.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:05 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Panic attacks are the absolute worst. I never experienced them until very recently and I can tell you that they scared the crap out of me. Totally related to alcohol for me and I read that alcohol is most definitely associated with panic/anxiety, especially when you abuse it like we have.

Also, when I drink my dreams are ridden with anxiety and are downright horrible. When I don't drink, I sleep like a rock and have wonderful creative dreams.

On that note, I must try and sleep...
Old 09-19-2010, 09:00 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Hey Jasper that song "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns and Roses is stuck in my head now. Ah HA! So I got it now it is 9:00am Sunday morning here and 3 am Monday Morning there? Am I wrong? Anyway, it's too early for math. LOL. Thanks for trying to help me figure it out.
Glad you are the one able to laugh at others drunken behavior. I can imagine the relief you must feel to not have to take inventory of what you did while drinking on your days in the city. Very Cool!
95 days now how many weeks/months is that? Ha! Just Kidding I think I can handle that one. I think that is so Great Jasper! Rock on!

Hey TJ how are you?

I guess Dee your still asleep like Jasper since ya'll live in the same area.

Me? my plans for the day is to clean. I know exciting right? Actually i am ready to get organized. I have way too many clothes I need to figure out what to do with them all. OMG I am boring myself just talking about it.

Anyway have a good one!

Day 27
Old 09-19-2010, 09:12 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

TJ - I know you can make it. You are going to have to really decide to do it and then sustain that decision through anything that comes along.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Morning all.... yes, NEXT weekend my goal is to clean my closets and clothes. I have my kids this weekend, so we'll just figure something out for today. Another gorgeous day. In fact, it's supposed to be beautiful all week.

I am doing well -- thanks for checking Beth.

I appreciate everyone's supportive remarks. Now I really have to do it -- LOL. Honestly I don't feel like I'm giving up a lot to give up drinking and I have a lot to gain.

I am setting my mind to it... no matter what. You are right, Lyddie.

Have a really nice day/night wherever you are!!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:54 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Administrator

I guess Dee your still asleep like Jasper since ya'll live in the same area.
at 2am? you betcha!
D
Old 09-19-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Dee so it was 2am not 3am? It's driving me mad that I can't get it right. LOL Oh well i just have to remember its late when it's early here. ha! Hope you and Jasper slept well. Have a great afternoon!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Hee hee.. Beth, get an iPhone and plug in the time for the city in Australia where they live. (I very sadly have my ex-boyfriend's city set up on mine )

I'm actually doing okay. Made it through another day without drinking. The dinner time hour brought a little temptation, but really the minute I got some food in me and a non-alcoholic drink, the thought went away. I always find Sundays to be a long tedious days. I don't know why. I had my kids all day and it was a long, long, long day. Even longer without alcohol to distort the time sensation.

But my new goal is to experience all the long and even painful moments to try to feel what I need to feel about ex. And get through it head on instead of taking all these diverted routes around it.

Got an invitation to Italy today from another ex... one part of me would love to go. Another part of me says no. I can't afford to anyway right now, so it's a non-issue.

Can't believe the Redskins lost... that way. Killer ending. I can't believe I'm a Redskins fan now

g'night all!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

TJ, you know what else works really well? I have a dry eraser calendar and every day about 7pm I put a big X through the day. Put in a place you will see several it several times a day. (bathroom is good) lol. I swear its a good tool. Now I sometimes forget to X out the day its seems so natural now without alcohol. I mean I sometimes wish I could have a couple glasses here and there for the taste and just to relax. But really what's the point of that it's just empty calories. You also should just say to yourself I just have to get to day 15. I just have to get to day 15. After that I can do whatever I want.
By the time you get there I think you'll be in a much better place as far as cravings are concerned.

And Yes TJ That game blowed!!!!!! I have been a Redskins since I came out of the womb! My dad made sure of that! That's cool You are a fan. What are the odds? Especially since football is a trigger. It must be fate!

Oh also I have a blackberry bold, and a macbook pro laptop so I need to make the switch to the Iphone. I barely even talk on phone though. I am a facebooker like you.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL it was 2am for me Beth...it may have been different for Jasper if he lives away from the east coast

What Time Is It In Australia? Time Zones And Daylight Savings

Good call on not going to Italy I think TJ
D
Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Yes, Beth, very cool that we are both Redskins fans. I just started recently caring about them, my whole sports life before this being devoted to Boston/New England teams. I'm still a Patriots fan but after nearly 20 years of living in this area (DC) have started caring about the home football team. Also, my kids go to school here and talk about the Redskins, etc. so that makes a big difference. Fortunately football doesn't trigger me to drink. I know how many people make a big party of it every week, though.

The iPhone is amazing. It's way more than a phone. The fact that I use it to make calls seems like an afterthought, really. I had a Blackberry that died and had to do something, so I made the switch. It's very cool.

Yes, Dee, the guy who invited me to Italy.... last time we saw each other we got totally wasted at a family party of his, and I will spare you the rest of the details. I don't think it would be a good idea for me to see him...and yet, I'm kind of craving something like that. It gets pretty lonely not dating anyone at times. At this point it's not an option, so I'll just let it slide. I have the feeling the issue may come up again. The guy I am not over yet lives in Switzerland just a train ride away from Milan, so it could be double trouble if I went. It's not happening, I'm staying here.

One day at a time....I'm on Day 5 in the morn....
Old 09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Sorry to bore you with this, but I've got a massive headache tonight. I took a motrin earlier and another one just now. I took a BCP/low estrogen pill this morning to help with the female time of the month issues and now I have a headache. I now remember why I stopped taking these before, as they give me headaches. This is not going to fly. Have to find another solution.

At least I'm not drinking
Old 09-19-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

11 more days TJ! Very cool. My X has the iphone, ipad i everything! He is Mr Mac! He hated that I wanted the blackberry instead of the iphone. I think I got it to **** him off. Anyway even though were split he would buy me the Iphone whenever I wanted. Just don't care too much right now.

Italy sounds amazing but you'd probably end up drinking the whole time and having a horrible time and doing things you'd regret later. Sorry to be so negative I could be wrong but it sounds like you kind of think so too.

Wait till you can really enjoy it!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:04 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

That sucks TJ i am sorry. Hope it goes away soon. And yeah at least your not drinking. Proud of you!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Yep, if I went to Italy to see a guy.... I could almost guarantee you I'd be drinking with him. Italy --- wine, food, yep. No chance of not drinking. So it's not going to happen. There is chemistry between us - I went back to my posts a year ago to see what I wrote about him. All I said was that some stuff happened and I didn't want to share it just yet. I never did share it, so that's cool.

So for now... I'll sign off from the Eastern USA time zone
Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
HFA

I was looking back thru old post of this thread. Anyone know what happened to melindaflowers and super71? Kinda makes me sad to see people just not here anymore, or any thread for that matter. I want to think they are ok and just dont need to post anymore, but I tend to be a realist.

Day 84
Old 09-19-2010, 09:29 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Administrator

The fact is...most folks here move on HFA.

I add those guys to the list of many who I never see around anymore but, naively or not, I hope are doing OK

D
Old 09-19-2010, 10:18 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Hey HFA I feel the same way. It is like the people who kind of slip away are casualties of this war and we are the survivors. Weird I know, but its just how I feel. I truly hope with all my heart that everyone who use to be in the June group is doing wonderfully.