Old 09-14-2010, 08:50 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Administrator

75 days is awesome

D
Old 09-15-2010, 12:10 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,

I'm back at work and in very remote places so internet access is more difficult hence my absence. However I have enjoyed reading how everyone is getting on and draw a lot of strength from your words. I have 13 weeks today or 91 days which I'm pretty happy about. Work is so much easier now without the handicap of the hangovers, paranoia, anxiety and I really am enjoying it now. I was up at 3.30 am this morning and have another very early start tomorrow so have to think about bed soon. I hope you all have a great day.

Jasper.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Administrator

91 days is awesome too Jasper- good going mate

D
Old 09-15-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Jasper - Congratulations on 91 days. I agree, that really is awesome.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Hey Jasper I am so curious what you do. You don't have to share though. I guess you really meant you work in the jungle? How cool. Stay away from the mosquitos and Congrats on a HUGE 91 Days!!! Very Cool!

Lyddie, enjoy your day 75!! Also Very cool!

TJ, Today is your 14th day? Have a wonderful day!

HFA, How is your mom doing? Have a great day.

Dee, Luv Ya!!

Today is my day 23 and personal best! I feel so positive and happy overall. Life just looks and feels different sober! Never going back to hell!

Headed to a play date for Alex at the Zoo.

Thanks to you All.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Ugh. Fell off. So sorry. Drinking tonight. Female time of the month CRAP.... I know, not an excuse, but man, it SUCKS!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

I am sooooo not a good influence. If I drink when I hit the menstrual cramps/crap I'm not setting up a good example for other female alcoholics. So I will not post for a bit ... it's not that I don't care for you all, I do
Old 09-15-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

No worries TJ, I am here for you regardless. Come anytime I will always answer and never judge.
Take Care.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Thanks, Beth!!! You are one of the main reasons I post here (honestly).... Artsoul is one, too. KC... Breakfree..... have connected with a really good few.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Why on earth did I name names... Lyddie, love your posts too!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

TJ you are 1 of the main reasons I made it this far. You should be proud of yourself for helping me save my life... Forever grateful to you.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Well that made me happy tonight. Love ya friend!

I will re-group.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Administrator

You already know how it's better to be here than not to be here TJ...stick around

D
Old 09-15-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Yea stick around Laura, never be ashamed. We have all been there and could just as easy be there again. You'll get there eventually, with a little help from your friends
Love you too!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
HFA

Sorry I havent posted in a while. No excuse really, just lazy.

Wow everyone congrats on your days piling up. Take a few days away and everyones numbers seem to just soar. Those really are some impressive days.

TJ, come back when you can, we will be here to listen.

Oh, and taking my mome to first oncology appointment tomorrow, thanks for asking

Day 80 (thats right 8-0 baby)
Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Rock on HFA! 80 is outstanding!! Good luck to you and your mom tomorrow. I will say a prayer. Hope you have nothing but good news to share.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for you and yr mom HFA - and congratulations on your sober days

D
Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

WOW Jasper I am impressed! How cool is that.
So i think I figured it out you are 19 hrs behind LA? Is that right?
I often use to say I drive better drunk than with a hangover. I wonder if their have been test on it. You know when your hungover you have no energy, feel like your in a fog, have a short fuse, are exhausted and nauseous. When your drunk your so full of energy and awake. Not condoning drunk driving of course. I just found driving with hangovers more dangerous. Of course I haven' driven drunk since my bartending days.
It's all bad and just glad it's over. Happy for you J. Sleep well.

Tj, How are you doing today?

HFA, Hope you and your mom are having a great day.

Lyddie, how are you?

Dee, Hey have a great day!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, Alex and everyone for being understanding. Honestly I feel like a real moron at this point and my instinct is to run and hide for a while. Thanks for making me feel welcome, in spite of my mistakes.

So Day One here and feeling okay now (it's afternoon) but had a horrific night. Had 4 glasses of Pinot Grigio over about 4 hours which I used to be able to do fairly well "back in the day" but it derailed me. Was up all night going to the bathroom, sick to my stomach, panic attacks, cursing my ex-husband for leaving me in the dust, invoking the help of God, etc. Not a pretty night.

So now that I'm over that, I have decided to do something about this medical problem I have (heavy menstrual bleeding ... pretty common in pre-menopausal women, I'm in my mid 40's). It really hit me out of the blue yesterday and I wasn't prepared.

My doctor has been wanting to help me with this issue for a while, but I have refused and just wanted to deal with it "naturally." I'm at the point now where if I am drinking over it, it would be much better to deal with it with pain relief or other medication than with alcohol. He has been wanting to put me on the pill to help me with the hormonal mood swings, the heavy periods, the severe cramping, etc. and I have resisted because of silly reasons. I'm going to take his advice this time and do something about it.

It's demoralizing to have to start on Day One again, but I have to remind myself that I'm lucky to be alive, to be able to walk, run and do things. So many people are sick, wheelchair bound, etc. I have to think of this as a good day to be alive, not a crappy day.

I know someone who was hit by a car in NYC walking across the street. He became paralyzed for life. Just like that. A healthy young guy, too. So me drinking 4 glasses of wine over menstrual cramps really isn't the end of the world. I can regroup and I will.

Jasper, I can relate about the going to work hungover. My job is in the financial/mathematics field and I really need to be sharp at work. If my brain is foggy or muddled it's just so hard to do what I need to do.

I had a day off from work today which was very lucky so I got to sleep after my kids went to school. Didn't have to go to work or drive hungover. One time I drove 8 hours from Boston to DC completely hungover. That was pretty much pure hell. Let's put those days in the past, the way past.

So I'm taking my Aleeve to help my cramps feel better and I'm going to be okay. Will start the pill as soon as I can, too. Thanks again.... and sorry if this post was TMI for all the men in our group

Have a good day everyone!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Really Day one is no big deal TJ, we've all been there. Nobody is thinking OMG i can't believe she's at day 1 again. I mean Good for you. Do whatever it takes to get over the hump next time. Whether thats the pill or a pain pill. Maybe thats why you never made it to day 14? So proud of you for coming back immediately. Have a great day.