Notices

August Sobriety Group - pt.8

Old 02-26-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((waves hand))) I want to be lazy too!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't quite gotten all my energy back from when I was sick....I think I could nap my life away.

Brent...I was listening to the station...I heard your name and someone walked in my office....it was sooo strange to hear your name, I wanted to say, hey...I know him.

Years ago I was in a television commercial...talk about a strange feeling! I could walk in, and see the commercial, see myself and think...thats not me?????
Old 02-26-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

haha, good stuff Anew. I wish we would have recorded it, but I didn't think of it. We will be on the air a lot, so not big deal. Those that heard it said it was good though, so I guess we will take their word for it. Glad you at least heard my name.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Damn it! I missed it Brent. Let me know next time you're on. I lost my wallet so I was sitting in the bank and DMV all day. There has to be a better way to do that! I understand why people snap and start killing folks! But I had time to cancel all of my credit cards, etc. while I was sitting in line watching Fox News at the DMV. That Megyn Kelly is one hot mama! I could almost turm into a Fox News watching Republican for her! Almost. LOL!

Despite having another day from Hell, I'm surprisingly upbeat. Although, I must admit I sure did want a big fat margarita while sitting at the DMV. I'm better now, though. Planning on stuffing my face tonight at dinner.

Sorry about your kitty, Zebra. I think we all know how you must feel. I'm quite fond of my four-legged friends as well.

Laura, Taunton is beautiful! The movie made it look like the sun never shines there, though. It was gloomy! Speaking of Taunton, aren't you getting a special visitor from there this weekend?? Good luck!! ;-)

Hang in there 30! Good luck with your papers. And don't get too busy to eat. 48 hours sans food? How does that happen? It seems like I'm always snacking on something -- like Brad Pitt's character in the Ocean's trilogy. If only I looked as good as he does with a mouth full of junk food!

KC, like Anew, I hear good things about Avatar but have yet to see it. I must see this flick. I shrugged it off thinking it was a kid's movie. Now I'm one of two people in the free world who missed it.

Purple Cat, I hope your weather improves. But then again, you just got back from Jamaica, mon. What do you have to whine about? ;-)

Have a good weekend. I'm signing off.

-JP
Old 02-26-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gofish View Post
That Megyn Kelly is one hot mama! I could almost turm into a Fox News watching Republican for her! Almost. LOL!
Whatever it takes to get you to see the light Jason! haha. OK, I just had to throw that out there. Please don't let this turn into a political thread. lol. Have a good weekend buddy.

I am off too. I am surprisingly craving a drink right now, but know I won't have one. Crazy how these things sneak up on a person. Time to go home and grab a cold cranberry juice/Gingerale. That always takes the edge off. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Haha! When I was a paramedic I had a Chief who used to tell me that a puppy could pull a freight train. He would say, "don't ask questions, just hook him up!" I think Megyn Kelly could make a puppy pull a freight train, but she'd never make me into a Republican -- for more than a night, anyways!

There's your laugh for the day. Carry on...
Old 02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That is one of the requirements to be on Fox News...attractive, blond, and buxom! They can find anyone, lawyer, doctor, sewer inspector that will fit that mold....

Believe me.,my hubby is a Fox News devotee (at times), I however, am just a casual observer and do not favor any one station anymore.

Did you ever see the Jib Jab video about the blond newscasters...too funny!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
KC1

Friends!

Go see Avatar!

I think I am going to go see it AGAIN this weekend. My hubby did not go last weekend cuz he thought it was a cartoon kind of flick. Now that I described it, he wants to go. I could see it again and again. This is the best movie out there of all time..perhaps in recent history. If it does not sweep the Academy Awards, something is seriously wrong. The last movie I went to was Saving Private Ryan so for me to rave about this one is a serious thing. Normally we wait till they are out on video or DVD, but this one is a MUST.

Monday night I am going to a fundraiser where Dan Marino is the featured guest (Autism related). I have a family member with Autism, so it is a must gig.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

KC
Old 02-26-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your condolences for our family pet. My daughter's are doing fine and my wife and I are relieved of the chore of, how should I say this, cleaning up after old pets. However, we all miss him and the daily routine around here has changed a bit. I hear background music from the Lion King playing, and Elton John singing "The Circle of Life."

Let's change the subject. I have not watched 1 minute of the Olympics, although one of the folks I supervise has spent the last 10 days in Vancouver so I'm sure I will hear about it on Monday. I do have a guilty pleasure this time of year (no, Not That!) of watching American Idol. I just started watching again this week, I don't get serious about it until they thin the herd a bit, anybody else?

I played some cardio-tennis tonight. I was late getting there however because I had to drive through a freakin blizzard. This winter stuff is gettin' old.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by Gofish View Post
Purple Cat, I hope your weather improves. But then again, you just got back from Jamaica, mon. What do you have to whine about? ;-)
That I'm not still in Jamaica!

Hey, KC, I'm skating in a autism fundraiser event in a few months. My cousin (who is unfortunately deceased - anexoria/bulimia did it) had all three children with autism.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I had to run into the office and grab a few things, and I just had to check in here. I completely forgot to mention that tomorrow (Sunday) I leave for Vegas. It kind of spaced it out and I remember yesterday at work. It is a quick two day trip. Leave Sunday, get back Tuesday night. Work meetings. blah. So not much time to do anything too fun. So if I am not on here for a couple days, you all know why.

I hope you all have a great weekend, and catch you all on Wednesday. Hugs my friends.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Safe trip, Brent.

Yeah I liked Avatar too--seen it twice. The last movie I saw in the theaters was Syriana...

Hi y'all. I'm tired tired tired. One more DUI class to go though... so I'll take a nap and not worry about being tired.

Take care,
TB
Old 02-27-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Now, I'm in trouble. One of my daughter's friends, Alex, who is a standout varsity player on the tennis team at one of our high schools has booked court time to play me tomorrow. He is going to try to run my 50+ year old butt into the ground. Odds are, he will be successful. If I don't post for awhile, you will understand why.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Aww... Zebra, you can do it. Give it your best--it's all any of us got, right?

You might not be able to win the game, but surely don't lose.

((hug))

TB...
Old 02-27-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

wow... boy has this thread picked up or what!!!

just a fly by, ive been struck down by some virus and out of action... but back now and need to catch up!!

hi all !
Old 02-28-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
KC1

Hi - Happy Sunday. I know I sound like a broken record, but I am starting over. A number of things have occurred in the past 6-8 weeks (npt alcohol related) that have nearly brought me to my knees from an emotional standpoint. I will write more later, but today I am starting over ... again. Am sending my husband out for more Pellegrino and limes in a little while. We had a nice chat this morning and I think he finally is "getting it"....that there is no moderation for me. I think I will stick with the August group rather than moving to a February or March group. Is that okay with you guys? (Wow, has 7 months passed since August?)

Here's to Day One!

KC
Old 02-28-2010, 09:37 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

KC1, I hope you to stay with the August group, please don't go. A lot of us have fallen off the wagon a time or two since August, but we are still going forward. Maybe we should change our name from the August group to something else. I enjoy the internet relationship I have with this group and hope that it will continue.

Well, I survived my tennis match with the 17 year old varsity tennis star. There are some differences between us. I'm 53, he is 17. He plays on the varsity team and takes lessons from a private coach. I like to eat doughnuts. He hits every shot as hard as he can. I try to pace myself and keep thinking about the warning signs of a stroke. We hit around for awhile and then played a set. I lost 6 - 3. I guess that's respectable. Before I started playing last September, I wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes with him.

This afternoon he is probably going to go for a run and hit the weight room. I think I might take a nap. Getting old is tough.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Meow

Sparkling water cheers to you, KC.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

KC- of coarse you can stick with us. I would bet we would be hard pressed to find someone in the group that hasn't slipped since August. Actually, does anyone here have an August sobriety date? Mine is November 9th, and I joined SR in June. So it took me 5 months of coming here to make it work. Keep us posted, and just take things one day at a time.

Zebra- Sounds like you had a great experience in your tennis match. 6-3 is respectable. Just think how far you have come in a relatively short period of time. Hats off to you my friend.

My flight leaves here in about 3 ours, so I am just getting packed. I don't have to take much since I am only gone two days. I am going to get everything in my carry on, which shouldn't be a problem. The hardest part is trying to get all of my liquids in 3.4 ounce bottles. Oh well, if I can't make it work I will just have to buy some stuff there. I am a guy, so we don't require much.

Have a great rest of your weekend everyone. Catch you all on Wednesday at the latest.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
KC1

Safe Travels!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thanks bdiddy for the encouragement. Although I lost 6 - 3, as I reflect back, I broke his serve twice and only held mine only once. A better set score was within reach. If I had served better perhaps I could have done better. Then again, now that he know's the limits of my game he might smoke me 6 - 0 next time anyway.