Notices

August Sobriety Group - pt.8

Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Oh..I meant to add, that it is amazing who you meet at meetings.

A doctor I know, a few lawyers, a professor, and gasp, 2 or 3 folks that actually work
here with me., technically, I am one of their managers, but I do not directly supervise them. At first that was a bit strange, but, I really let that go. I knew one or two had been in recovery. Besides, there are alot
of others things they could have said about me that would be worse then saying I was in a AA meeting. There are also 4 members of my group that go to the same church I do., what a eye opener that all is.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:24 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  
KC1

Hi - it's KC back from the Sunshine State. Hey, wait, wasn't there a KC and the Sunshine Band many years ago??? :-) I just realized that as I typed this.

I see that I missed lots of activity while I was gone. Haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but I will get caught up over the weekend. Hope every is doing well.

I had a very productive business trip and and an even better golf tournament. My foursome WON! I have never won a tournament before and it was exciting. My clients loved it and I got to bring home a nice big trophy.

Less exciting was I drank a glass of wine one night. And I paid for it by getting covered with HIVES a few hours later. All over me. Head to toe. Big giant hives. I was itching so badly that I was scratching myself with a hairbrush. My friend said I must have developed an allergy to sulfites after not drinking for so long. Never heard of that, but perhaps it's true. Didn't have any more wine (and no more hives) until I got home yesterday to see if in fact wine could be the culprit. Had one glass and sure enough - HIVES again a few hours later. Practically took a bath in calamine lotion. I looked very interesting with pink calamine lotion ALL OVER ME. The only place I did not get the hives was my face. So now I know. And no matter how bad my cravings get, I do not want those hives again. It was horrible!

Just got home from work and a few friends and I are going to see the KENNY CHESNEY 3-D MOVIE which came out last night. I have been looking forward to this for about 6 months. What a groupie I am.

Later on,

KC
Old 04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Welcome back, and congrats on your win!!!!!

Sulfites,yes, they will trigger an allergic reaction. I am allergic to them, so, I had to be very careful when drinking my wine.

Benadryl cream helps,as well as taking a benadryl before bed.

Enjoy your movie...we know what a fan you are!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

I just of 2 folks we haven't seen here in awhile..Sphal...and Bananagrrrl....come out, come out wherever you are!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Zebra- I had a guy in a meeting tell me I need to go to a meeting for every day that I drank. Well, that was a lot of days so I just keep going. I personally attend about 3 per week. More if I feel I need them. I think everyone is different when it comes to this, so just feel it out and ask others in your group what they think. I am glad you found a group you enjoy. My favorite meeting is my Monday night one, but I only get to that one about ever other week.

Welcome back KC, and congrats on your WIN! Nice work. Well, the good news is that if you ever want to drink again, you get hives. That should be a pretty good deterrent, along with everything else that has gotten you to this point. If one glass does that, just think what may happen if you decide to tie one on? I hope you don't have to test it.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

You know the sulfites in the wine just got me thinking again of how alcohol is really poison for me.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2576823