Notices

Class of November Part 3

Old 12-17-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

It means i cant be bothered, good phrase that one.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:33 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Sorry guys..don't know whats wrong with me today ... but i am totally pssd again!

Mom sets a spending limit on gifts....I follow it to the T....now it ends up no one else is following it including her!

I hate this time of year!

OK...I'll love it later, but jeez.....OK...steady on....it is all ok...they get what they get and no one will care....rember...reality within the family changes from moment to moment...breath.............
Old 12-17-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Oh yeah...thanks for that allport...new I could count on someone to help me out (hug)

??? why don't they just say...I can't be bothered...like everybody else???
Old 12-18-2008, 12:43 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Come on Pix you aren't that shocked. ;-)

I should point out when I say I don't like kids I don't mean in a "abduct them and put them in a shallow grave on the moors" kind of way

I just mean I don't really want kids and don't really get on with them.

i think a lot of people have them because they think thats what they "should" do

But hey thats just my opinion. What do i know? Probably nowt!!!!!!!

ANYWAY!

Hands up who's fed up with people asking them to go out for Christmas drinks/meals?

I've come up with a genius plan

I just say no!

No maybe, no go and torture myself. I just say no. If they are real friends it won't be the end of the world. Whats worse offending a friend or torturing yourself about drinking....or worse drinking again

Fook me i'm a miserable tw*t this year but i've got to get through this by any means!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:05 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Oh yeah...thanks for that allport...new I could count on someone to help me out (hug)

??? why don't they just say...I can't be bothered...like everybody else???
Where's the fun in that?

= just found another can in the fridge...
Old 12-18-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Fook me i'm a miserable tw*t this year but i've got to get through this by any means!
Wibbles version of "don't drink if your a** falls off"....way to go wibs...you got it exactly. And you really don't have to be miserable. about it (well not all the time at least)

I do think that there is something that I don't understand that changed something inside me so that I started on this sobriety...but it also has required some real effort in addition to the "luck" or "magic" whatever people call it...

I guess I think "Just say no" can be miserable...but it can keep you sober long enough to get to the really good parts of being sober!

wibbs...I'm glad you figured out that kid stuff before you had them...I'm the same way...but of course I have recently discovered that I have a real fondness for "kids" just not the really young ones
Old 12-18-2008, 04:36 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Nands I love kids...as long as they are 18+

Me & Timzup were discussing this idea of just say no yesterday, we both came to conclusion that you have to go beyond this feeling of denial and move into the idea of simply not drinking. While ever its at the forefront of your mind you are always in grave danger of slipping.

It may sound nonsense but I think you have to conquer the demons on much deeper level than just saying no all the time

My friends are currently very annoyed with me, I was supposed to be meeting some of them for lunch (aka DRINKING!!!!!) but i pulled out at the last minute.

You know what, they won't remember if I went or not in 3 months time. I will though because I won't have drunk.

There's always an excuse to drink, always some reason. Some family get-together, some friend that wants to meet you, something... If you can't handle going and not drinking then DON'T GO! Its mind numbingly simple!!!!!!

I don't care if I have to sit here like some hermit for 6 months but I am going to break this evil vile addiction that is ruining my life. If i upset people frankly I don't give a F**k because I have to put my life first.

Wibble RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna get some work done, i'll end up annoying people!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:45 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

my son is drunk as we speak...it really is annoying.

yep...i am with aa on that one wibs...ok...i am alchoholic on a purely physical level..so once i drink something happens chemically to me that i think is somehow different...but...

I drank cause there was something so wrong with the world as i saw it...or with me or whatever and after a few drinks that world view changed, That has to be fixed the deeper level stuff...or i will be stuck in if you do't drink you won't get drunk forever.

learning changing delving deeper...thats what this journey is all about..but the first step is don't drink (well actually the first is stay alive long enough to get to don't drink)

Sorry, waking up to my son was not a pleasant expereince....and was pretty off kilter before that....
Old 12-18-2008, 04:54 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Just popping in. Got the day off, had my hair done now off to do some xmas shopping.

Wibbs I forgive you. Nothing wrong with not wanting kids, my brother doesn't want them either, think I put him off by having 4, xmas is expensive enough for him lol

Off to sit in Argos for the next few hours
Old 12-18-2008, 05:24 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Well at least Pixxy doesn't hate me!

Its deadly quiet on here
Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I guess I'm taking a half a day off on Friday...got to go buy more gifts

I didn't really think about that if the nieces and nephews are coming I'm supose to have something for them....what to get for the 24 year old 20 year old and 14 year old that won't even talk to thier father, even when he has cancer and is dying possibly......then they show up for christmas....

I'm tempted to buy them something really sarcastic...but that will just make the whole thing more uncomfortable and my mother is so excited...she always thinks she is somehow gonna fix this whole thing.

I think it is really important to set up some phone numbers and use them during events like this...I am lucky cause I have been able to utilize the fellowship of AA....I'm going to make some calls on saturday to my sponsor and 3 or 4 people I know won't be totally overwhelmed with family at christmas and explain that I really really need to set up a time to call them in advance throughout the holiday 24 hour vist...to keep me sane and not wanting to stop for a bottle on the way home.

I figure if I call 2 in the afternoon, 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening It might help me keep my balance through the storm. Wish I had wibs's balls and could just say no i'm not going just not there yet...but i got the don't drink part down fairly solid right now.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

its 7:30 am here wibs....got to have more coffee!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:29 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Maybe i just enjoy saying no to people..?

This isn't aimed at you nands, i'm just on a mission

I figure it like this

Ok by not attending loads of social (drinking) events you might have a fairly quiet Christmas, but you are doing it to save your fecking life. Its not a laugh. One Christmas out of all your life. In a years time you'll have a year of soberity under your belt and so be so much better equipped to deal with it. Plus if you worry about spoiling christmas for you partner, dog, cat, kids etc.... ask yourself this.. how many Christmases have you already spoiled by being drunk?

Of course if any of us need an excuse to try the world famous "Wibbles drinking experiment" then now is the time...

Old 12-18-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Abolutely right again wibs....wow I can see your head swelling from here!!!!!

Yep I skipped the first christmas sober....recommend it to anyone, but do be sure you have people who are sober and supportive to spend time with so you don't end up with the poor mes and no body loves me stuff....

and don't lie...men get it too!!!!!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I'm not getting big headed nands, I think I've suddenly just started to "get it"
Old 12-18-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Wibs' head........

Old 12-18-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Wibbs head

I'm having a fit?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

count yourself lucky it wasn't the other one!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I always count myself lucky !

I could have been born a blade!!!!!

Fizzy will understand...no one else will care

Possibly Fizzy (or Fixxy as I just typed) won't care either

I'm starting to wonder if I care
Old 12-18-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I think woolie will care if he ever shows up.....see he's a blade and you're an ???owl????? is that what it is?

Now what's timmy? he might care....

And I always new you weren't the sharpest Knife in the rack.