Notices

Class of November Part 3

Old 12-19-2008, 12:40 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Which bit fizzy? About Sky sports news, hating kids or the thing about not drinking?

I was just going to post what day i'm on but realised I was gonna have to work it out so i'm not going to bother. I know its more than a week so thats pretty cool.

Becoming very skillful at swerving friends invites to go out. Most of the time they don't get to the end of asking me before i've said no.

Went to the supermarket yesterday (yes i know its womens work but I needed something), can't believe how much booze they had stacked to the ceiling. Every single person seemed to have tons of the stuff in their trollies (carts for nands).

I guess you notice it more when you aren't drinking. Surprised myself that I wasn't bothered, only thing that really struck me was how much money I must be saving!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 02:22 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Morning.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:05 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

OK...last night I got bored and so I figured it out...took me ages to go back through the whole thread to find the information...not gonna swear by these...but please correct me if I'm wrong .....

Lb 12/3/08 on day 16
Wibbles 12/10/08 on day 8

Fizzy...aren't you around 8 mos????

CG.....I'm thinking you are somewhere around 2 weeks..but gave up looking back after about 8 parges....so you'll need to let us know

Pix and Timmy will get there soon...They've got the sobriety fever and can't hold out much longer!!!!

Now, I know no one else is counting days......but I am......I'll do it quitely, but it's wibs fault cause he asked!

Old 12-19-2008, 04:20 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

My son is a good reminder...

he passed out yesterday morning at 10 am and didn't come to till 10 last night....he woke ups and was so sick all he could do was try not to toss his cookies for about 1/2 hour...and he lost his balance several times trying to walk.

He say..wow thats wierd that's never happened before....I get a sick stomach before I pass out, but never wake sick to my tummy.....

I said yep....remember I did that alot.....point taken...he is expereincing some of the long term effects of regualr over drinking

You know I rarely felt sick to my stomach at the time I downed the bottle...it was when I woke up 1/2 sober the next morning that I would be ill......I hope he doesn't figure out that a quarter or half bottle when he wakes up will settle his stomach or hes gonna quickly be on his way to claiming my bottom as his own.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

LB...you are awful brief this morning are you ok?

CG...check in

Pixy....update us after work please

Timmy....????

I know fizzy is very bussy to day doing the christmas cleaning of the lighthouse...but he'll be back later today....I think wibs may be helping him...

(look...it's cola girl!)
Old 12-19-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

LB...hope you are just logged on but busy working....check in when you can

(hug)
Old 12-19-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

broke my car

peice of junk

ate 2 cookies....didn't help

scratch the plumber...i'm marrying a car mechanic
Old 12-19-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Got to love free wifi

Nands is talking to herself here

First sign of madness!!!

Still not bought a single Christmas gift, very impressed with that!!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Just keeping my voice in shape till the rest of you get back......

What is a free wifi? I've heard of free willi.... does it come in flavors???

I've finished my shopping except for the dogs who will be royally pissed at having to spend 24 hours without my lovely presence.....They'de probably love a few of guini fly's guini pigs.....can you get those in the post today LB???
Old 12-19-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Free willy?

That was that big fish wasn't it
Old 12-19-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Day 7 here. Been quite busy these last 2 days, anything however to forget last Friday.

What little I remember makes me shudder.

Shame is my most effective sobriety motivator.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Hi jiggy....well...i suppose its a start, but I know for me shame eventually brings me closer to the need to develop that fck it attitude that then puts me in dangerous ground..

7 days is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

Grab on jiggy.....there are alot of us here to help you now.

(hug)
Old 12-19-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I'm just checking in. Got to go sort the ponies out and I shall be back.

:ghug
Old 12-19-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I'm brief coz I have to quickly type when my manager aint looking!!!

Free willy - I got one of those with that lodger I shagged!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

tried to pm you guini fly....your box is full (????hummm)

try again later I guess...you might try emptying it out.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

OK....If i overstep my bounds here...please just tell me to shut up...cause I will....but

It seems to me that alot of us are having a really rough time right now. I know I am and well...i'm just saying thats how i see it.

One of the most beautiful things I have seen happen in this thread is the light hearted, laugh at ourselves..focus on the fun side of sobriety stuff that we have all really enjoyed over the past months.

So I guess what I'm sayin...and I actually hope all of you really know already...is the deep and strong bound between us that we are struggling to do this deal together.

I wouldn't want ANYONE to think that this isn't a very serious deal and that we aren't there for each other for more than just the joking....which I insist is a HUGE part of how we do support each other.

So if Christmas is just KILLING you...or your addiction/alchohoism is stepping into high gear...telling you the lies that isolate us or general messing with your head in those sneaky ways it does.....

Just cut through the crap and post it....scream if you have to....Yes...the last few weeks have certainly been tough for me and I have often crossed the line into hurumphy self pity and anger to keep me from looking at anything but what's really going on in my building of a foundation of sobriety..the less than perfect craft I'm trying to build with the help of all you

So please...lets laugh....lets laugh alot....and when things get tough...shout it out loud and use the pms use the threads use everything you can to make it that one more day sober AND sane.

OK...done ranting........feel free to kick me
Old 12-19-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

((nands)) that was lovely - thanx for posting on my little thread on SA - it was nice to see you there! Yeah, tough times. I don't know why. Christmas? Winter? I know me getting that flu thing really took me down - I am like a man when I get sick - pathetic!

Well, I'm back!! Sober since the 4th December (I drank on the 3rd) and about to spend a nasty weekend giving up pills for the millionth time. I like myself better without them, so there!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

good post Nands...no kicks needed

D
Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Found you a sailor nands!

Old 12-19-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

(hugs) LB....its pretty tough to go through that withdrawal stuff for the hundred millionth time....trying to believe it will be different ..but it will be LB it will....

So yeah...I still get all those feelings that really just come from my own insecurity...I think the fear is real, but the thing is.....if I listen to that voice inside me I start to pull away...start to live in the fear without relief and and it slowly builds to one of those nights in a car parked by the hotel...trying to debate with myself weather or not to go get a bottle to kill it for a while....

And it's crazy...cause although it's possible I will throughout my life have some times like that.....I might not have to if I didn't let all that crap in my head get so loud without outside imput to keep me in check....so...I use my sponsor, I use chat, I use pms and other ways to let others in...not near enough but i'm getting there....

I'm sure wibbs and fizzy will be here soon to get us back to the laughter...which is good....but just tell us to go take a flying fck if you're sitting at the computer in pain and need some help.....hell that's what I do

right dee (lol)