Notices

Clean House Time Part 3

Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

The day is turning out to be beautiful and there is so much to get done..... Cleaning house is one of the things on the top of my list along with so much else....

For the moment I am thinking about the words I need to get through my day...........

TRUST
ENTHUSIASM

The rest of the program you are working will come as the days go by........Take it slow and really read your Recovery books in a quiet place.......

This is your day to do more than you usually do.... and take that walk in the fresh air to clear the air within you....

Just for today take note of others around you and see how they deal with their day with the frustrations , disruptions, patience that may be running thin with a little kid not being good............

This is your day..... take it one day at a time.....
Old 08-09-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Another cleaning day looks good and I have hit the books to do the best I can for the moment.....

Thinking about all the things that I have accomplished over the years and now looking at what needs work today..... tomarrow will take care of itself tomarrow.....

For all those of you that still have trouble getting past the 1st and second step...... hang in there and know that this too will pass so you can move forward......

Get to meetings and listen to all that is being said.... if you don't have a sponsor you need to work on that to get the extra help needed....

We can do this and make life worth living with recovery.........

God is there to listen to you at the same time...... be patient with yourself and know that we all have trouble walking in the program.....

I am praying for you all today and asking God to help you through the most difficult times in your day.......
Old 08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Been out and about for a while and now back to say hello to you all.....

The smoke from the Calif. fires are getting us all here..... but today I am willing to keep moving forward and clean house when time permits....

Word for the day......

ACCEPTANCE

WILLINGNESS

Time to think about your program today and do what you can with the 12 steps that you haven't done.... take time and do each step when you are ready....

Having problems today...? that is ok... take your time and know that you are not alone... be patient with yourself and know that there is much time to get things done in your program...
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

There is always something to think about for the days and weeks ahead.... but the most important thing is to look at today and how things are really going in your life and recovery...

Think about your life and how much you need to clean up for the day while you attend some meetings and get your steps done....

Have a good day and know that I am praying for you all......
Old 08-27-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Word for the day.............

AWARENESS

FREE TIME

The days just go by so fast that other things get in the way....and yet there is always time to clean house and work the program....

Spent the other day just getting things done and making progress for myself that I had time to stop and watch the ocean water with its pretty blue color and the coast clear from the fog..........

I had time for me and that was wonderful when I delivered a special bird house to a friend......it gave us time to catch up with each other and gave me the time to just pray about all that God has given me for the moment.........

today think about all your accomplishments thus far and thank God for what you have at the moment.......

Don't get caught up in the distractions of what others throw at you..... think about what you need to do for yourself today to make your program go smooth....... get out and smell the fresh air if you can....and get in that walk for the day to clear the air within your heart....
Old 08-27-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

another thought for the day........

POSSITIVE THINKING

Keep an open mind today and know that we all suffer and have to bring ourselves back when we head into the wrong direction even in thought....

get to some meetings today.....you need the break from every day life and the problems that come with it....
Old 08-28-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Another day that is going to look just right...... the heat has gotten us all along with all the fires that are around.....

Word for the day...........

PIT FALLS

DAMAGE CONTROL

Think about your life today.....while you take that much needed walk....

The smoke from fires has gotten us all so the walks will have to wait around here.....

Clean your inner house today and note all the changes you have made in the months that have passed in your program.... some of you may have years behind you like me and that is ok...look back and see what you have done....
Old 08-29-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Was thinking about the "God Box" and how much it really is a good thing for us to have around in our program.... this is good when you need to put your cares and concerns away for God to handle...... and to let go and let God handle the difficult issuse in your life.....

We all have many other things to think about in recovery and to clean our inner house at the same time.....

So here is the way you can set up your own "God Box".....

Find a box or jar that you want to decorate in any way that is good for you using pictures of yourself, special drawings you like to do, magazine pictures that strike your interest, wrapping paper that is special and anything else that might be right for you........

On the outside of the container write the following around your special pictures or whatever you picked....

Note for outside of container:

"When you have a problem and you can't seem to pray, Write me a note and tell me what you want to say. Put the note in this box and go about your day.......I'll take care of the problem for you. I always find a way. LOVE , GOD.

Have fun with this....... it is a special project that we all have done over the years and the notes are special ..... they are concerns when working our program and need the extra help from "GOD".

I have done this and when my container is full I just work on another one that may be different than the last one......

Thinking about you all and praying that your day is going well for the moment...................
Old 08-30-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hope the God Boxes are going well for everyone that hasn't done one......

Don't forget to write you situations down on paper and slip them into your box each day or each week......... this way your concerns will be taken care of with God helping....

Have a good day and stay cool if it is as hot there as it is for me.......with the fires still going the heat is not letting up at all....this makes it tougher for the firefighters to do their job....

Word for the day...............

SLIPS

TROUBLE SHOOTING

CAMEL WALK

HONESTY

A few words for the day to work on with your Cleaning of your inner house that will be good for a few days I think......... Good luck in the work and take your time........ Don't do all of them in one day...
Old 08-30-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thought there was a need for more thought words for those that are just getting their day started......and the rest of us getting ready for bed before working the next day.......

The day has cooled off a bit and that is good....but the fires keep coming and turning things black....what a drag for those of us that live in California......

Here are some words to think about when you dream dreams tonight or get your day going...............

TRAIN WRECK

PURPOSE

SORTING ISSUES

WHO WE'VE BECOME

There is a time for everything and recovery has the spot for us to think and work out our most difficult issues during meetings, times with our sponsor and so much more...... We can do this each day just like cleaning our most inner house and working the steps...

Having a difficult time? Get to a meeting and meet someone that is new....then realize that your life has gotten better since day one when you first got to your first meeting.... remember what it was like when you thought no one would talk to you and that maybe you really didn't fit in?

We all have problelms and you can make a difference for yourself and those around you....... keep making that first step no matter what.....
Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

More thoughts for the day and a couple words to think about while on that much needed walk.......Have to get the fresh air between the fire smoke around here...and early morning is the best time....before the sun rises...

Words for the day..........

EMOTIONS

SHARING THE REAL ME

SORTING ISSUES

Lots to do today and get to those much needed meetings to sit , listen and maybe get in a few words of thought and what is on my mind.....

Talking is good at meetings....and if you kinda want to listen only you can do that....... think about what others say as I do at times....it sometimes helps with what you go through....

I know we are not to give advise around here.....but there are moments when thinking about words is ok and reading between the lines of what others say makes a difference in our own lives.....

I have come a long way with my own program and Cleaning my inner house helps each day that I have to work my program...... this is our life and it will never go away......

God is there for you if you just reach out and touch His hand....He is your guide if you really believe....... some of us have other beliefs and that is ok......

For today....keep coming back and know that your friends are here at SR....
Old 09-01-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

another Hot day around here and no cooling off soon.....but the fires keep moving without much end in sight...... Wish we had some of the rain that other states are getting....

for the moment I am here to think about my life in recovery and work on other areas that I have neglected or maybe give you things to think about in your own life........ we all have issues and yet there is never a day that we can rest and move on to other things....

I do think about all the many things I would like to do with my life and just kick back and relax........ but one of the many things I need to do is take my own inventory.... this comes with recovery and working the steps... YES....Cleaning our inner house means so much in order to move forward and make our little world something to share with others around us that really care about us....

Today I have come up with some words to direct my mind in the right way for the moment..........

AMENDS

BIG BOOK

FAMILY FIRST? OR ME FIRST?

Sometimes there is a toss up when it comes to so many things to think about and that is when I draw the line, get to a meetings and think out the important things I need to do first.... We all have this problem and usually don't look too hard in the corners to collect all the "bugs" that need to find a different home other than our mind.....

For today I will take each moment as it comes and work the steps One day at a time......

Hang in there and keep coming back....... you are in the right place today.... this is your life and you need to make a difference for yourself.... life is worth the recovery process....
Old 09-02-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Wow..... the days go by fast and in my program it is one day at a time no matter what is going on ......

Working a program takes time and effort on our part.... No one else is going to do the foot work for you.... So if you are still waiting for this I will tell you that it is time to go back to Step One and start over reading it again...... This is your life and no one else can help you work your recovery except you.....

Today start with working the steps over and Clean that Inner House inside your body.....mind and soul..... YOU CAN DO THIS.....

I look at my life and the many times I fought with myself about what I was getting into by stepping into recovery...... today I am grateful that I did something to change my life and gain new friends in my life.... The old friend that don't understand the changes I have made need to see me as the example of making that fresh start in life and a much better life.... Not a messed up life with whatever I was involved in......

Today there are more words to think about as you go with your day..... I use them as I take that much needed walk to clear the air before getting down to my daily work.........

SAFE HAVEN

COMFORT SPOT

RESPONSIBILITIES

DREAMS

I find that having a TEDDY BEAR around to bounce recovery stuff off of helps me one day at a time in my program........ This is my comfort buddy when the Tears Fall down my face ......

We all have our way to get our recovery progam done each day ....and that is good.... But remember that meetings and touching base with others in the program is important.... Call your sponsor and touch base as often as you can...

Recovery may have cost me some good friends But the way I see it.... I have gained many more friends while sticking to my program after all these years...... The old friends I left behind need to realize that when someone makes changes in their life for the better it is a good to make something of your future for the better........In recovery we support each other in a good way.....

Praying for all those that still questiion their life...:ghug3
Old 09-03-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

trying to keep cool with all the heat of the day...... the morning is early and the breeze is sort of cool with triple digits coming for the day......

An early morning walk is in order before things heat up........and try to feel the cool air on my face while the fire smoke is sort of clear.... but the fires keep burning around here with little relief in sight....

Words for the day while I get my walk in and think about how good recovery has been for me..........and how difficult some times have been.......

MY EXPERIENCE WITH RECOVERY

NEW ROAD TO LIFE

PEACE WITHIN

EMOTIONS

Stay in tune with the steps today and get to those needed meetings..... if you feel good about your program you still need the meetings no matter what... so don't think your life is better than anyone else... sometimes problems develop within without warning......
Old 09-03-2009, 11:52 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Early birds have gotten the worm around here with all the heat and fires......

Staying cool and thinking about recovery things that need to be done..... meetings to attend and such....

I read something in regards to those that just run from the program they have been in for a long time and those that just get started..... We all have trouble in life just getting started in our recovery and think that the only way to deal with it is to run away......

Not ...... face the fire and fight it for the long haul..... you can do this and stop running away... We all have trouble keeping our program going and yet the true answer to our problems really lies at the meetings we don't listen to.... So try real hard to listen to what is being said and get to work on your own life...

Take something home from each meeting you go to... this is your life and no one else will tell you how to run it... You have to make the changes to get your life back...

I am off for another walk to think about what I just said and to make that difference in my own program....
Old 09-05-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

This is a three day weekend and a good time to get out and enjoy the sunshine, take a long walk, and just enjoy yourself with your program and those around you.........

I have taken the time to make baby blankets for those that are almost due and those waiting till Dec. to have their little one....... all in the family and wish I had another little one.... but God didn't allow that and I have to accept the ONE I have who is 9 yrs old already....

So I am thinking about the cleaning of my inner house and all the step work that needs to be done...... No matter how much time you have in recovery there is always time to work the steps many times over.... Life just isn't the same if we don't keep up with it and all the other things that come with recovery....

Words today to think about while you go on that long walk.......

SOBERIETY

STAYING ON COURSE

CARRYING THE MESSAGE

Lots of people we meet today or haven't seen since High School have gone in the wrong direction from time to time.... This is a good time to connect and give them an idea of how your life has changed.... But then again some people don't like to be shown that they are going about their life wrong.......

I am an example to so many friends with my life better than it used to be...... when we do get the chance to attend one of those class reunions it is surprising how much some people drink.... and how much some haven't changed at all.... I stick to what is good for me and show others that you don't have to drink alcohol to make conversation with others around you.......

Today I will be that good example for others that still haven't found good life can be without the "drugs or alcohol" and not to party all the time.......... Recovery has a lot to offer and great meetings.... we set the example for others when we attend and help those that are just getting started... and sometimes those of us with lots of years tend to get depressed and wonder why we even got sober.....

Today is a great time to really reach out to others no matter where they are in their life...........
Old 09-06-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

The day is flying by fast and I really want it to slow down so I can enjoy every minute it offers.......

Word for the day ..............

FRUSTRATIONS

STEP 1

STEP 2

When things seem to get to us more than usual there is always a good place to go and think about our life and how we are to make things better....... GET TO A MEETING ..... talk about what is bothering you and how you are feeling about yourself and recovery time....

Life has to move forward in recovery and "yes" this is hard when your world around you is playing games with your mind......

Hang in there and know that these are just the little things that get to us and attending a meeting will give you the cance to talk and listen to what others have to say......... sometimes what others say in a meeting will help you through the difficulties in your own day......

Take time to write on the 12 steps and keep a journal about what happens each day and how life is going when you get to the meetings and what you learn from others in the program............. these are all important things to look back at later on........ Just keep writing and if you like to draw.... draw about your day and what you look like getting Recovery stuff done / what you look like just trying to get through a work day......... What is it that you do when things get to you.....? Learn to write all this down and then how you would fix your issues of the day....... Is it a good things or bad thought of what you really want to do?

Take the day slow and think about all the beauty around you ........ try going on a walk alone or with someone else in the program like you sponsor......... talk about your life and how things are really going for you......................

Time for me to do the same and have some fun with my family........... I have loads of frustrations and need to see all that God has put before me..... and find the time to just relax somehow.......

Hugs to you all today....... my thoughts are with you..................
Old 09-07-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Sunshine is here and another warm day .......but this is a LABOR DAY WEEKEND..... so have fun and don't forget to attend some meetings....

The day has gotten away with getting up late......but that is ok since some of us need that extra rest to get the day going.........it gave me what I needed to get through today....

For the rest of the day I have some words to think about while I work on little projects......................

ACCEPTANCE

PEACE OF MIND

COMMITMENT

Sometimes it is hard to do something for yourself and make life worth living.......I have seen the ups and downs come with recovery ..... but I know that God is there for me when I need that extra boost.... I learn the patience of being in recovery and know that it is a ONE DAY AT A TIME process...... Totally Acceptance of my recovery lies on my shoulders each day..... no matter how frustrated I get.....

Peace of mind comes with all this and when working the steps and Cleaning my Inner house I feel the heavyness lifted from my heart......

Many times I thought I was in the wrong place in my recovery......but a special friend told me I had to do 90 meetings in 90 days or our conversations were over....... I did that and more.... just to save what we had as friends.... TODAY I still have that friend and when things get rough I can write this friend a note and pray that I get an answer.....since life is so busy for most of us..... maybe too busy....

I have my program to continue working on and this goes on for the rest of my life........

Today .....work on the areas you need to keep your inner house clean.....work the steps and know that Recovery is the best place to be....
Old 09-08-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

The weekend is over and the company gone home......time to clean and get things back to normal around here..... but what is normal for most of us that rely on recovery to keep us going....?

For the moment I am thinking about just keeping my inner house clean and work the steps..... this is the most important part of my life and I know there are interuptions once in a while.... but I make up for those and find my quiet place to do some writing and reading....

Today and what is left before the sun goes down.... I have some words to think about and dream about tonight......

TRUST

EFFICIENCY

DELIGHT

Dream on little friends and enjoy your night dreams about all the things you didn't dream during the day......

Remember that your program is important..... so work the steps and get to a meeting and see all the new comers that have shown up..... say something at the meetings that you have wanted to in days.... this is your chance to clear your mind......
Old 09-09-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Watched a little butterfly the other day and realized that recovery has the same life span as this little Thing.... we come and go in the program and find ways out to get back into the hole we got ourselves into long ago......

Today there can be many changes made for the better with all the meetings there are around and all the recovery centers that have popped up around the world........ I have never seen so many when I first got into recovery myself... in fact it was pretty hush hush then and no one wanted to talk about getting better and making life worth living.... as much as they do now...

Cleaning your inner house with the step work is one of the things that I find important and on going ..... we have a responsibility to ourselves today and that is something we can do to change our life....

ONE DAY AT A TIME IS ALL IT REALLY TAKES......

For today I found some words to get me through this fog effect that I tend to see when I just want to do my own thing......

These words are.......

RELEASE

FORGIVENESS

Have fun with your day and get some time for yourself to do what you need in your program.......