Notices

Clean House Time Part 3

Old 07-29-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Celebrating a Big Birthday today and feel the age thing getting to me.... but with recovery in place I am glad to just be here for everyone and my family..... my recovery birthday is the start of the new year and that is amazing as well.......

Taking time to get in that walk between all the Olympic stuff going on that I love to watch......what a day....

Words for today.....

GRATEFUL

AMENDS

HOPEFUL

UNDERSTANDING

SERENITY AND GOALS TO MATCH

RESPONSIBILITY

Thinking about all I have to do for myself today regardless the actions of others around me that find recovery a mystery and only work half their problems.... but thankful for all that keeps moving forward for the other person I care about......... but for me I just take time to make amends on my own and send Hugs to those that need them..

I have to be Hopeful for today and thank God for all He has given me just for today and be greatful for my life in recovery....

I have to be understanding about all I still need to work on in my life and not judge others around me that find ways to make mistakes..... my life has to keep going and not judge others mistakes......... Rather I have to pray for them and hope they keep doing what is right in their lives.....

My life in recovery requires me to keep up with working the steps and I pray for you all to do the same........ Step work is a challenge I know and that is why it is so important each day to do some and make the most of each day we have...

Doing the writing for each step is good and it cleans our inner house that makes us feel good about ourself and tells us when we need to get to those meetings..... Yes.... get to meetings to keep the understanding of your step work...

We all need to touch base with those in recovery and meetings does it as there are so many to pick from....... try a step meeting as it may help with the bumps in the road...

Be responsible for your life today and love yourself in bad times.... get the Hugs you need for today and any day that may be trouble for you....

Find a Teddy Bear or stuffed Animal that says they want to help your life become a special one for you......
Old 07-30-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Another day to take in all that comes....and make the most of recovery at the same time....

Words for thought....

TRUTH

RELEASE

SPONTANEITY

HUMOR

TRANSFORMATION

Clean your inner house and take one of the words for today and make the most of your program..... this is your life and making recovery something special takes time.... but meetings will give thought for the day as well...

I look at transformation as something that I need for the day to keep me on my toes.... Yes.... I need to think of different things to keep my Step work going and help me through each day..

This is my life and making amends each day while working the steps helps...

Humor is good as we can't go through this program stuff without making life interesting for ourselves.....but stay safe at the same time.....

Working the steps today I try to make the most of what I have to work with and making sure I do some writing helps me see the picture of my life better..... as I get the chance to look at what I did in the past and how far I have gotten.... Yes Recovery is good for me....

One time I thought making a cartoon of my recovery might make things look a little better for me.....and doing this with the steps on paper does help..... I can look back at all this work and still move forward.... After all the years in recovery behind me I can work on another type of cartoon about my life and really compare notes.....

What I do today is an example to myself of how I have made it through this life without going back to what almost killed me ........... life is good with God and my Step work withing Recovery..... I can say Recovery Saved my life and I am proud to still be here to tell my story after working the steps....
Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Thanking God for today and that chance to carry on with my own recovery.... it is so important to me .

For today I have thought of these words to share with you all......

SELF ACCEPTANCE

SELF PATIENCE

LIFE IN RECOVERY

ACCOMPLISHMENTS JUST FOR TODAY

TAKING TIME TO PRAY

BEING GREATFUL FOR TODAY

PITFALLS....

PULLING OUT OF THE MUD..... KNOWING WE MAKE OUR OWN MESSES

SMILE JUST FOR TODAY.....

GOD WATCHING OVER US NO MATTER WHAT....

Life for us in recovery has so many things for us to look at in our life....but just for today there is time to work the steps and clean our inner house...

Take time to do what you need to make the most of your program stuff......

we do tend to make our own messes once in a while and the thought of making amends with ourselves is something I didn't think we had to do.....but there is time to forgive ourselves each day as much as we forgive others around us..... we all have to move forward in recovery.. What better way to do it when we start with ourselves.... Yes... Start with ourselves... then move forward and make the most of the steps ...

Clean house today and reach out to help someone else in recovery that has fallen if you can..... we all need Hugs in this program ....but we can't do step work for the next person... that is up to them ... We can give hugs to help the next person know that life will get better in time... but they have to do the step work.. for their own life in recovery and keep moving forward..
Old 08-05-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

So many thoughtful words to think about during my last post..... so take some of those for today along with the couple I now list....for thought just for today...

Words....

WHERE AM I IN MY SOBRIETY?

THANKFUL FOR TODAY

DOES DEPRESSION GET TO ME STILL?

CAN I MAKE THE MOST OF MY PROGRAM JUST FOR TODAY?

Questions that I thought would be helpful for today...... then maybe words for thought the next time around.....

I find that questions help in my own personal recovery...... and working the steps when I find that one quiet place to write, read and think back at how far I have come just for today...

Clean your inner house and make the most of today..... this is your life and no one else will work your program....

think about the step that stumps you the most and re-work it a few times till you really get what it is saying to you...... I have to do this no matter how many time I have gone though the 12 steps..... I can't do the steps for you or tell you how to work them.

Just for today make the most of what you have and get to those meetings that will help your life in recovery ..... Just for today....

Life without meetings will drain you ..... I know and have seen how so many of us react when we ignore going to recovery meetings .....
Old 08-13-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Another beautiful day and the Olympics are over...... Wow... what a time those people had in London.... I watched some and then got back to my own world of things to think about especially in my own recovery... as I thought about all the party time that was going on in London.... Some day the Athletes will have to find their reality check of their own.... but who Am I to judge....

for today I have to check on myself and work the steps I thought were not so important.... but ONE DAY AT A TIME.... for me and my little life...

Words for thought....

REALITY CHECK

FAITH

TRUST

ACCOMPLISHMENTS TODAY

RESENTMENTS

ANGER ISSUES

PEACE OF MIND

Just for today find that place of silence and think about your program and how it is to change JUST FOR TODAY.....

We all have those moments in life where we need that REALITY CHECK and sometimes it is not so good in so many ways...

But for today I will find my own quiet place to think about my recovery , walk off the frustration in my life and just enjoy the animal and sinning birds around me...... God made this world special and I want to sit back and enjoy what I can .... JUST FOR TODAY......

We all have ANGER ISSUES, RESENTMENTS, and so much more in recovery..... but for today find one area that may need extra work and go from there.....

Get to a meeting to discuss one of these things that needs more work..... this is your life so make the most of it....

I will think about the Resentments and some Anger issues for sure..... even though I am doing ok with my recovery I still need to work on the "little areas" that tend to get swept under the rug....

Clean that inner house today and work what you need to work the most..... Recovery is important if we are to make the most of our life.....JUST FOR TODAY....

Love ya all and sending Hugs to those that need one today.....

Find a Teddy Bear if you need to get extra Hugs in the toughest of times..... I have extra in my house in almost every room .... it really helps.... especially when I keep one special friend in my car..
Old 08-15-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Taking time today to think about the trouble others bring each day of my own personal recovery...... and know just for today I will pray for that other person or persons....

Life is too short to buckle under the thumb of someone else and get caught in their trap of mistakes....... YES.... there are so many out there in this world that will drag us down no matter where we are..... Especially on the computer.... YES COMPUTER..... Had that experience and it frightened me so much that I thought about my recovery and how important it was compared to the trouble someone else has brought me in just a short time....

Words for thought today....

PATIENCE

PRAYER

TRUST

REWARDS OF GOD HELPING

SERENITY PRAYER

3RD STEP PRAYER

ACCEPTANCE

I have learned each day that working the steps and cleaning my inner house will not find me in someone elses trap and leave me stuck without the most important thing in my life besides my family and my recovery i worked so long for.......

Life has to keep moving forward and making the most of my program has brought me peace of mind just for today......

I have accepted my daily recovery and all I need to keep it going..... thank goodness for my TRUST in GOD and all I have accomplished just for today........
Old 08-16-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Ready for that morning walk while the fog is still out..... makes for a nice day to think about recovery and just enjoy the quiet before the mad rush of cars .....and other noise takes over......

Hot days bring times of not wanting to do anything and this is one of those days....so to set it off right that walk will do.....then work on the steps I need to really think about for my day...

Words for thought......

PEACE OF MIND

TOTAL ACCEPTANCE OF SELF

HONESTY

CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHT

HARMONY

INTEGRITY

SIMPLICITY

sometimes working the steps and making the most of what you have is difficult...... but for today clean that inner house and get rid of the spiderwebs..... they are not welcome and making recovery important is JUST FOR TODAY....

Simple thinking for today is ok..... Honesty is a good thing and accepting yourself and your life in recovery is a good thing....

This is your life and accepting YOU and your recovery is what we all need to do just for today......... LOVE YOURSELF........ this is your life now and recovery isn't a bad thing.

Some of us think we have hit the bottom of the pit when we have to get into recovery.... but it is a help that we need and recovery will straighten out our life and set us on the right path.....YES.... THE RIGHT PATH TO LEAD OUR LIFE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION....

Take time today and be grateful for stepping into the walls of recovery where you can get the thoughts to take outside and help yourself .......

When upset and you think recovery isn't the right thing for you.... or you feel helpless and just want to go do the wrong thing......... then you need a meeting to set your thoughts in the right direction........

Get lots of Hugs from recovery friends today to help you....... Be Happy just for today....
Old 09-03-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Words for thought......

DEPRESSION

ACCEPTANCE

DON'T QUIT

FACING FEARS

WALKING WITH GOD....

TRUST

TURN IT OVER

There are so many words out there to help us each through out issues for the day.... pick one that is for you just for today...

thinking about that walk that is much needed for today and thinking about recovery and what I need to do for me ..... just for today..... and keep moving forward.

Working the steps keeps us motivated for sure and keeping it simple while you work the steps is a good thing...

Find that quiet place you can work the steps and reach out to God when you need an extra hand....... then get to a meeting to make the day worth the effort ..... just for today...

This is our life and making the most of recovery is the best thing any of us can do no matter what your day brings....

I have some difficult days to get through myself and I have to ask God for help and keep to my Recovery at the same time...... Finding out about a death in the family that happened months ago is pretty upsetting and yet I have to keep moving forward with what is important in my life..... just for today...

I am doing this for my family member that is out there with God watching over me now.... I believe this so much and yet I miss this person and remember the last talk we had.... it was about life and making the most of each day ..... One day at a time.... because God was always there to help us through the difficult days ...

One step at a time is all it really takes and to keep strong...... Accept what you have today and make the most of life.....
Old 09-12-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

A new day without the issues of family fogging my mind..... I am greatful for the day and all that I have to face no matter what.....

This is my life in a nutshell and I have to take it for what it is and just keep my program going..... No Fail Life for me today..... this is the most I can say for my recovery.... and keep moving forward.....

We all have those days when we would love to just give up.... but no matter what life has to keep moving forward in recovery........ because God gives most of us the strength to move on with life.

Take time today to get in a walk and clean the air within your head and think about what it is you Need to do just for today....

Words for thought.....

ADDICTION

HELP FROM WITHIN

MAKE CHANGES

MEETINGS JUST FOR TODAY....

BATTLE THE BLUES OF RECOVERY

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Make the most of today and find that one special TEDDY BEAR to fill in the gaps when you need the Hugs you can't get from others in your family...... this is your life... and there is a Bear Out There in a Second Hand Store that needs a home..... Take one home with you as you find a few minutes to just look around...... You will be amazed what you find...

I have my supply to hand out to others and some of my Teddy Friends find such good homes.....even to kids that have broken families for some reason..... Kids need Teddy Bears just as much as Adults in Recovery Programs...

So just for today I DO GIVE BACK..... this is my thing and I am happy to pass the message in many ways..... Just for today....
Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Making the most of today with what comes for sure....... life in recovery can be tough and yet WE ALL STICK TOGETHER and need the support of each other at meetings and so much more.....

For today words for thought.....

GRACE

RESPECT

ONE DAY AT A TIME

THINK FOR TODAY ONLY...

AMENDS

CLEAN HOUSE

PATIENCE

Make the most of today and get to the meetings that you need for the moment..... there is so much out there now and that makes life a little better for most of us...

The rest of us just need to Clean our inner house more and do the step work.......so find that quiet place to relax before getting started today......

I have to be patient with myself today and so many other days.... God is with me through all this and for what medical problems that may come I have to take each day slow...... this is life for me and the rest of us maybe....

Meetings keep us moving and give us food for thought...... and that is good....

Take time to make the most of your day and be kind to yourself...
Old 09-24-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Thinking about today and all that I need to focus on....the important thing is making the most of my recovery and moving forward with life as it is just for today....

Words for thought....

PATIENCE

ACCEPTANCE

SERENITY

RESPECT FOR OTHERS

COURAGE

FAITH

HONESTY

Most of us think each day comes with problems no matter what....but a good program and step work makes the most of each better if you look at it correctly.....

But for today take each minute with pride and get to those meetings no matter how you feel.....

Don't put off today what makes the best difference for your life...... Recovery in your life is to be looked at as the most important thing...... take time to thank God for today.

Working the steps and cleaning your inner house is something you can do today.... I do and I think about all the things that have gone wrong and how I managed to ignore the upsets.......... Recovery has given me the tools to keep going.... Thank you Recovery and thank you Bill W. for helping someone like me to make the most of recovery.....

Make the most of your day and if you need help..... get to a meeting and see what you can take home from what has been said......
Old 10-11-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Been gone for a while as being sick takes its toll on most of us..... but for today I am here to post and make the most of what I have to say...

Thoughts for the day......AND WORDS FOR YOUR JOURNEY..

FOCUS

ACCEPTANCE

ONE STEP AT A TIME

WALK SLOW

TAKE TIME

PATIENCE

PRAY

Most of us take the day so fast and think that someone else will help us through the difficult days.... not so.....as this program stuff we all need to pay attention to is on our own time for sure.......

Take time to work the steps and clean your inner house for the day..... I know you have work to do and other important stuff.... But Recovery is a part of your life now and making time to do step work, get to meetings and work with a sponsor is important...

Ok.... most of us have one of those days that just doesn't go right....but that should be set aside .....

Think about what it is you haven't finished with your Recovery the day before and work on that as you clean your inner house...... the spiders will take over if you don't clean house each day........ and I just don't like the spiders taking over..... can't handle how they build in my way and think I am not paying attention to my life in recovery.... so I clean each morning and evening to stay ahead of them....

I also Pray for the patience to keep going each day....

I take time and focus of the important parts of my recovery that just didn't get done.... and YES.... the steps are part of each day.... so I have to keep working them no matter how many years I have in Recovery...... this keeps me on my toes....

Have a good day and keep moving..... take those steps slow and really thing about what you are reading and writing...... no one answer is the same and no one person can answer the steps for you.... this is your work.... so do what feels right...

Get to meetings and make the day special for YOU.... this is your life...
Old 10-14-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

In a moment our life can change and those life changing moments can be good or cause friction between us and family we cared about so much..... But in the moment of Recovery we need to stick to our program that we were taught and put into practice what we are being taught for our life walk ..........

Words for thought today.....

THOUGHTFULNESS

UNDERSTANDING

SHARING

WEAK MOMENTS

REACH OUT

GIVE HUGS / GET HUGS

ONE DAY AT A TIME

DEEP BREATHS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS

WORK STEPS

WRITE YOUR STORY

PRAY.....ASK GOD FOR HELP

GET TO MEETINGS

I think about all the words I have posted above and how much they really work in my life today.....most of my family that raised me or grew up with me don't know much about my recovery and if they did .......well..... my life would be criticized ....so I keep the secret of Recovery going and ask God to help me through each day..

My family I have today knows about my recovery and we are a Recovery Family ...we work together and understand all about recovery in our house and keep it strong each day....... but no matter how strong there is always days that are tough to get through.. But each day we ask God to help us and take care of those we meet each day.

I try to be understanding about family that may cause trouble in every day moments....especially when it means helping another family member clean up an old house and move things out........ I heard it got bad with a cousin coming in and disrupting the clean out and wanting stuff.

During this time I have to remember the importance of my Recovery and to keep the peace within me......not to get upset and go out to find something to calm my nerves... in the past this is what I would have done and gone to the source of the problem to blow up in their face.........NOT TODAY...... as I am Hours away from the problem right now BUT IT UPSETS ME... to hear all that is going on.

My weak Moments..... the above actions of wanting to go find a drink to drown my nerves....and upset from hearing about the trouble cause for my Mom..... Unacceptable.

One Day At A Time...... this is where I need to be today and get to a meeting to listen to what others have to say....... ask God to help me through the upset of all my Mom had to go through......

Greatful for recovery at this time in my life....... I know that I can keep the peace with my Years of Recovery behind me...... Life has to keep moving forward and the upsets that come... mean I have to work harder on my Step Work and clean my inner house more each day....

Take that much needed walk and clear the air within me..... this helps to stay calm and be thankful for What God has given me each day......... Thank You Lord for the Sober Days I have Today.....

Praying for you all today that you will find the peace within you to get through each difficult day........
Old 10-20-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Today I am looking outside at the rain we need so bad...... Wow.... life goes on around all this just as life moves forward with Recovery in our lives as well....

Take time today to make the most of your Step work and getting to those meetings...... we all need change in our lives and when we need it most God will direct our life that direction and show us things we really don't want to see.....

Words for thought today....

CHANGE

ACCEPTANCE

STEPS FORWARD

CLARITY

PATIENCE WITH SELF AND OTHERS

FOCUS ON THE MOMENT

I am thinking about the times I need to keep my mind on recovery and how I got distracted....... recovery did go the wrong direction when I first got started and then someone turned me around or I was to not hear from them again...... Couldn't let that happen as I needed this special person in my life today and for as long as I could .... with God directing them...

Today is another day that I have to accept in my life as God is totally in control...... one step at a time and cleaning my inner house to make life troubles lighter.....

I need to be patient with myself and those lives I touch..... and working my way through more step work I get that chance to be patient with each person.....

Take time today to help someone you despise.... for whatever reason...... make the most of the day with them and show them something about recovery they didn't know ..... teach them what you have learned since day one if you can......

This is your life....... recovery has times when it will help you see the changes you make in your own life........ be patient with yourself and keep writing and working the steps..

You will see how much you have changed over the months.....
Get to meetings and listen to what is being said just for today...... take something home with you from that meeting ..... you need the thoughts for the day to see what areas you can work for yourself....... This is your life....make the most of it.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

The week has gone fast and with that many changes in family that I didn't expect as most of us don't...... but for today I am here and still plugging away at recovery each moment I can get......

Words for thought today...

PATIENCE

SERENITY PRAYER

A MOMENTS PEACE

CALMNESS

NEW LEAF TURNED OVER

WALK WITH GOD

BRISK WALK FOR TODAY......

Thinking about what God has given me and so many others in recovery is a gift that no other person could give........ But know that with my work I can make the changes happen in my own life in recovery....

I have the patience to make each day count and turning each new leaf over I make strides each day....

Working the steps gives me that chance to keep a positive attitude and my thoughts for the day are on the Serenity Prayer that gets me going in the mornings ..

This is my life and those that want to follow..... as it takes great work to make life changes in recovery .....as does with working the steps.... Each step is a challenge for sure....

Today I walk with God and give my life that chance to be at peace with myself..... I don't see any other choice that stick with Recovery and all it has to offer me....

Make the most of today and get to that meeting ..... learn from what others say around you and set an example for someone that still suffers.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Making the most of the steps just for today....regardless how I feel or how someone else treats me....... the days can be difficult and that is just the way life is in Recovery...

Yes..... we in Recovery are treated differently with friends and family that know we are trying the hardest we can to keep our personal life moving in the right direction.

For today make the most of your life and get to those meetings....talk if there is something that you just can't get over or need help with...... this is your life and working the steps is important....each day...

Words for thought today.....

UNDERSTANDING

ACCEPTANCE

MOVING FORWARD ONE DAY AT A TIME

PEACE OF MIND

PRAYER

CHARACTER DEFECTS

For the day I am cleaning my inner house so I can make the day peaceful for me.... just for today..... taking time to write all the Character Defects that are haunting me for the last couple days.

take time to think about your Recovery lifestyle and what you need to change to make the day important to you...

The mountain climb up the hill to recovery may not seem so easy....but the more you work the steps and clean your inner house the easier it will get......

I have had my moments falling flat on my face ...... realizing that I can't do my Recovery alone... that is why I come here to post and check out what it is that I can do to improve my life..... One day at a time....

I even work the steps in the morning and take that walk I need to clear the air in my head ...... and make a fresh start .... that thinking of peace within myself helps to make the day start right for me.......

I do some writing and ask God to direct my path for the day and give me peace of mind while working my Recovery program..... and making the most of each step.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

long time no see my friend - hope you are well

Time for a fresh thread I think expenguin - Hope you have a peaceful week ahead

we continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D