Notices

Clean House Time Part 3

Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Been out for sometime and trying to get this computer going..... lots of problems and that isn't good... Hopefully now that I am back I can keep coming back more often...

Today is really hot and I am thinking of keeping cool...... working on a few things to keep my program going and keep my mind at peace....

Peace of mind is not an easy thing when we have so much on our plate.....

Think about the meetings you are missing out on and what you can do to change that.....

Find your peace today with what you get out of the meetings you are able to attend....

Have a good day and know that I am here today to find my own peace of mind and make my recovery work worth it......
Old 04-23-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Another day in the sunny state.....

Today I was thinking about all the times I need to do for someone else and not just myself....

This is a good thing when working your program and trying to feel good about yourself at the same time... In meetings there is always someone that needs help other than program stuff... see what you can do to help someone today.

For the rest of your day work on your recovery stuff and Clean your inner house.... take the time to find quiet and let your inner self relax for the moment you can take.

Hug a Teddy bear today and if you don't have one there are plenty that need a home..... I rescue those in the second hand stores and wash them in my washer... they feel so good when clean and are happy to have a place to call home.... I even pass some on to other people that need one....

Think about your special needs today and work on one or two for the moment.......
Old 04-29-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

:day6 Recently I heard a talk about TRUST.... this is important to those of us in recovery since so many people look at us as different and someone who has a problem..

But today we can make that difference and let others learn to TRUST us better especially when it comes to family members....

God is there to help us through difficult situations and this is when we need to TRUST God to take control and show us the path to a new life in recovery.....

So today Clean House and work the steps..... get to meetings and meet those just starting out....

We all have difficult days to get through and when at meetings we have the support we long for when things just don't go our way.......... Give yourself a hand for the day and know that you are not alone in your struggles whatever they may be.....

Love you all and sending HUGS to all that need one, :ghug
Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Hey little buddy

hope, all is well

Chris
Old 05-10-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi everyone .....been rather busy and hadn't had time to come by and say something for all the wonderful things you do for me and others ......

Today I am thinking of all the Moms out there celebrating to their little hearts...... Have a wonderful day and know that I am here as a Mom and had a wonderful day....

A good word to think of today is .....

Soberiety.....

This one fits the way we all need to be for our kids and family......

Hugs to you all today and tomarrow....
Old 05-18-2009, 12:32 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Been thinking about the days of not posting and reasons why I take so long......

There is no reason..... just been really busy about other things and trying to make time for the important stuff...

The important stuff includes being here and now.... Not someplace else...

Yes... this program stuff is to be first on our list of things to do...

We all need to work on that... I for one will admit that..

Today I am here to let you know and remind myself that working the steps and cleaning house is the first thing to do in the morning once you have cleaned up / woke up from the nights sleep...... Yes.... Refresh yourself by taking that shower in the morning and get your cup of coffee ....then get going on your recovery stuff and read the daily stuff you need to get going.....

We can do this and it is just a simple task to ask of you and me......

We all have those other things that need to be done and that can wait a few minutes till recovery stuff has taken the Number One seat in our mind.......

Have a good day everyone and don't forget that I am here...... I will try to be here every day... I need it as much as you do.....
Old 05-18-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

word for the day..........

Patience.....
Old 05-18-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by expenguin View Post
word for the day..........

Patience.....
Yes that is a good word for today, thanks.
As you can see your signature & my avatar match.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

This is an early day for me and I am glad to just be here for the moment.....

Word for today is....

TRUST

I have the need to trust that God will get me where I need to be in my program and carry me through the rough parts of each day.....

Praying today that all goes better than the day before....
Old 05-27-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Not around much and need to change that...... seems my being busy with so much else has taken me away longer than I really want to be....

Thinking about a word for the day and it is.....

CHANGE

We all need to make some changes in our life to keep close contact with our family and others in our lives.... This may be hard at times and yet this is why we are in this program... to learn how to deal with the problems we have and move forward...

Life is tough to deal with and I know this as my little world is never a happy one when I am in a rutt...... Today I will make more changes to keep the peace I need within me... I will Clean my inner house and work the steps over and over till they are molded into my little head....

You can work the steps over and over as many times as you want.... they never get old and may show you just how much you have changed since getting into recovery.....

Hugs to all you today.....
Old 05-29-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

the word for today is......

DREAMS

We all have a dream that we would like to see come true..... I have one and it is big... part of it is doing more to where I live and the rest is to make my program better than it has ever been....

We can do all that is possible and pray that God is there to listen to the rest of what isn't taken care of.... I believe that God is there for us anytime of the day....... Hold tight to your dreams and know that some day they will come true...

For me..... it is a matter of saving money and working my program harder than ever.... attending meetings , touching base with others in the program and working the steps daily......
Old 05-30-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

The day is cold and foggy..... but I keep moving forward with all that needs to be done....

In recovery we all have the responsibility to keep moving forward in our program and making life better than it was when we were messed up...

Keep climbing that mountain to reach the top of your program.... this is a tough road and always will be... I was told it isn't easy and along the way there are always the large Holes to watch out for...

Today work the steps to the best of your ability.... get a handle on the hard areas and Ask God to help you pick up the pieces you need to move forward....

The word for today is.........

RESPONSIBILITY
Old 06-01-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

The thought of school way back when is something I don't like to think about.... But then when we are in recovdry we have to go back to school a bit to learn the right way to live our life all over again....

Think about it with the Old School House that dates back pretty far in the 1834's or so.....

My little one got the chance to see a real old school house and the way the kids had to learn with the non-electric setting and the old chalk boards and more.....

I look at my program as that of the old days....... We all have to learn a better way of life and better ourselves.. The world is so nasty at times and yet our attitude toward life was nothing other than that nasty Bottle we would sneak once in a while and then more often as time went on...

Today we learned the hard way that there is no drinking or drugging allowed........ the rules were set and the days to hitting the books to learn better were just under foot...

So now we are ready to walk the path to a better life and realize the school is always open for us... learning is a day at a time process that will never go away... we have to take each step with pride and keep facing forward....

This is your life in recovery and you are the only one that can decide to make the right choices for yourself..... One day at a time....

Keep working the steps and know that you are not alone even when you take the wrong road......
Old 06-06-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Word for the day......

Past Moments

Reminds me when I used to be someplace else doing my own thing and thinking I had the best life where only God was my Boss....

Today I still have God as my boss and in a much different way.... I have to look to Him for lots of things that I can't handle within my program and so much more....

We all need someone to look up to and that is good..... When we get lots of years in our Recovery there are others that will look up to us for the answers that they ask.... So many questions and yet we really have the answers.. The answers come from within us...... Think about it... We have messed up our life so much that the only one that can answer to that is just US....

I Ask God each day to help me through the most troublesome things in my program..... and yet realize that I have the answers right in front of me which are at the meetings I attend and in the Recovery Book that I constantly carry around..... All the answers are in my lap..

Take today to think about your past when you first got into the program and realized that you had a problem that need attention.... that you needed to be with others who had the same problems..... And all you had to do was listen , read the Big Book and other books, write and work the tweleve steps , attend meetings and take one day at a time...
Old 06-10-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

The day is almost over and I still have time to find that word for the day.........

STRONG POINTS

That sounds like one that will do for now.....

I thought there were days when I could have no problems....

Not working the steps like you need each day?

You need some help by going to meetings, touching base with your sponsor and talking to others that know you well.....

I have found that working the steps helps me to find my strong points in my own program....

For today I will look past the weak points in my life and take note of the strong ones..... Then write my story about my recovery One day at a time...

Find a book that you can write in and work on that story of your life before recovery and what life is like now that you have found recovery to help your life...... and how you have kept your path straight with meetings and working the steps....

Take today slow and know that there are HUGS here for you.....
Old 06-13-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Another day to really work on the 12 steps..... especially this summer with so much going on and the kids out of school....

Today I was thinking about a word we can all use.......

RESENTMENTS

BITTERNESS

Sometimes when we come up with words there is something going on in our lives that needs to be met at meetings.... in this case I came up with these two because there is always something in the 12 steps that we may have missed someplace along the line of our Recovery Studies....

So today is the best time with the weekend here to really work on the steps and get to meetings.... touch base with your friends in the program and go on that long walk you have been avoiding the last few days or so.....

Have a good day and know that I am praying for all of you today.... I know that we all need the prayers and some days are just harder than others to get through.... But I do find that meetings help get rid of the steam and stress we have kept bottled up..... Talk things out today and know that you will feel better about yourself......

Little Penguin
Old 06-17-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thinking today needs one of those long walks to clear the air and thoughts that may not be so good for my recovery...... we all need that time away from family and to just listen to the early morning birds before others get up....

The morning here is cool and just right before the neighborhood wakes up.... been up since 4am and doing things after the other half went to work..... have the time to do as I need for me with the quiet time before the mad rush out of here to get little one off to swim lessons and other fun stuff......

Words for the day are......

SOBERIETY

PEACEFULNESS WITHIN

I will pray for all you today that you find that quiet space you need today to clear the air within yourself so you can work your Recovery in the right manner.....

Hugs to all today.....

Thinking about all you that don't have that special Teddy Bear to Hug and hold on to during your hard times in Recovery.... When you need a friend to keep close this is the best thing when no one is really around at the moment......
Old 06-17-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Ex, I just came across this thread, I didn't even know it was here. Thank you my friend, I will now check in here each day.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

A visitor is a welcome sign that I am in good standing..... Thank you for coming by to say hello....

I like it when someone leaves a note.....Hugs to you my friend and I pray that you are having a good day today...

For the rest of you that do stop by I am grateful and glad you are here to check in and read what is posted....

Today I have come up with a couple words for the day......

THANKFULLNESS

ADVENTURE

My travels today take me to the little Camel that sits close to my computer as my reminder of my program in AA. This little friend has traveled so much without a drink and holds his own so well... He shows me that I can do the same by taking my recovery ONE DAY AT A TIME...

There are days that I do fall and end up picking myself up.....it is the depression I fight with mostly and the years of recovery I hold on to each day.... I am grateful for the time I have in this program and coming here to post is what I look forward to.... It is here that I have lots of friends even when I think no one is around for me.....

Along with the Camel I have that special Teddy Bear that I can get Hugs from when no one else is close......... Friends are long distance as I have no one to talk to except my other half when he isn't drinking.... But God is always there for me when I think I am alone. He follows me around each day and shows me what I need to work on in my little life in recovery and so much more.....

For today I pray that each and everyone of you can look back at the good things you have done for yourself the minute you stepped into recovery.... This is the place to be and to make a life for yourself.... Reach out and touch another life in recovery like I have....There are so many out there suffering.

I am thankful for being here and posting for others that still suffer or those that just can't get out of the spot that they have dug another hole for themselves........ those holes are my depression days that I just don't want around......and the little ruts that stop me from moving forward. You and I can get beyond this by touching another life in recovery...........look for the one person that is scared to set foot in the door. That is the person that needs a friend to tell them they are in the right place....
Old 06-22-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Today is the best day of your life .......and this is being said because you have made it to recovery or are still making up your mind....

We all have choices in our life and working the 12 steps seems to be a good part of mostly everyones life today.... I look at this as something that has opened the doors to our lives and shows us that changes are needed to make it in this world.

Working the steps is good and I usually find a quiet place to make that possible for me........ and away from the noise of my house and those that live with me.... So usually rising before others and getting in that much needed walk is good.... and clears the air in my head....

Words for today are........

SERENITY

PEACE OF MIND

Have a good day today and know that you are not alone.....