Notices

Clean House Time Part 3

Old 01-13-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Today the sun is out and warming me from my head to my toes...... Thank you for the sun and the warm days ....Needed that so much....

For all you lovely people that love the sun and just spending the day walking..... I am sending you loads of HUGS.... and those that don't have any warm days for now.... I still send you Hugs today....

I have just gotten the news that I won a trip to Disneyland and a stay in the Disney Hotel for a couple nights..... This is a dream come true since I have never been inside the Disney Hotel to experience what others says is a time of fun.........

For the moment I need to settle down and wait for that phone call to tell me what is next and what I have to do to get to Disneyland...........I can hardly wait...... and my kid will be excited when I tell her the news......

Cleaning our inner house takes time and lots of patience..... you can do this by spending the time you need away from others....

Find that quiet place and relax....... find a cozy spot in the sun to get warm and think about your program and what you need to do to make it better than the last year.... Each year that goes by is another year under your belt....

I will pray for you all today that you find your dream with your program...... and that you will be able to stick to your program.... One day at a time and moment by moment..... this is your life and you can make it worth living......
Old 01-17-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thinking of everyone today while I continue to enjoy the summer like days during winter..... very strange around here and yet taking advantage to walk and do all the things I need to keep my program going.......

Cleaning my inner house and keeping the mess picked up for the moment...... when things get rough I just ask God to help me through the day and work the steps.....

Yes ....The steps are important and you need to take those few minutes to work them....... Get the exercise in and feel the peace when at a meeting for your program.........

Today I am going to be good to myself and work my program to the fullest..... this is a weekend and there is time for recovery.....

Still looking for that special Bear you don't have to: " keep you here and now ", for your program? Keep looking as I have found some special ones just by looking at a thrift shop or a sale at my kids school where stuffed animals needed a home and some love.............. I pick the one I want if any call out to me....then take them home and wash them on the "Delecate" cycle ....... and dry them in the dryer..... at least for an hour.... This really works and I have found that these special friends need new homes and some love.....

Recovery is a special place in my life where I can vent anger and feel at peace ......... everyone understands the frustrations and such.... and the Hugs are there :ghug3to tell me that the program will continue to work "One day at a time..."

Have a good day and know that you will be ok if things don't go so well for you...........take the program in stride and know that you have lots of friends in recovery........
Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Another day to think about in recovery and why we are really here........

For me it is to stay sober and think about what I need to do to better myself in recovery......

This is why we Clean House all the time to take note of our downfalls and such....... we can look at what we still need to work on and try to put aside all the bad things we did to ourself and others...... Most of all take note of how to tell someone "sorry " for all the things we did to them.....

This is our life and today you can make the most of working the steps and moving forward with each new day...... You can do this and do something for yourself at the same time.....

Be good to yourself and find that special Bear I keep telling you to find....... If you are still putting this idea off... today is the day to make it even more special by looking hard.... There is a bear out there waiting to go home with you... one that really needs a special home to put smiles on some face that is down in the dumps........

Give today a new chance to make your life special........ go on that walk and get to a store (could be a second Hand store ) and find some special little fuzzy friend that you can bring into your life...... I do this all the time and pretty much "rescue stuffed animals" that need a home and give them a home...... if not my home I pass it on to someone in recovery that really needs that friend..... Or I find a different type of home for the special friend after they get a bath of a life time and dry them in the dryer..... they are so clean and special.......

Have a good day and know that your heart is in the right place by coming here and reading what there is for the moment..... I have put my heart into all and send Hugs to you...... No more struggling.... get to that meeting and give or get a Hug from someone......
Old 01-23-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Decided we need a couple words to think about and keep in mind what recovery is doing for our life.......

HARMONY

PATIENCE

PEACE

These are good words for the day......

I am going to clean house and use these words to help me through the 12 steps.....

Hope your having a good day and getting in some sort of walk..... We have rain finally and I can still get in my walk....

There are days when we all feel like life is not worth doing much..... I have those days and have decided to find things to keep my mind going besides getting to meetings and coming here to SR..... I am working on keeping my house clean with recovery and making sure I don't forget much ...... I have done some drawings to mix with my 12 steps as I move along with that...

One thing with working the steps..... No matter if you finished working the 12 steps you can do them over again many times over...... this is an ongoing process..... and writing everything down will never come out the same and the first......

Take the day slow and work on all you need to in order to make your program work for you........Hugs to you all....:ghug
Old 01-28-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Another couple days gone by and that isn't good for me to be away so long...... Praying for you all tonight while I try posting....

The days go rough and I think about my Camel that walks without complaining.... he walks without getting a drink and meets so many along his long walk.... no trouble for this one and at the end of the day he just sits and takes the day in stride till the next job is to get done.... Tomarrow is another day with whatever may come....

For us.....we also need to take each day as it comes and work out the problems by getting to meetings and talk to others..... get Hugs and get involved in the meetings rather than staying quiet.... Others do listen when we don't think they do....

Fun times come when we can get the most out of our recovery.... by working the steps, Cleaning our inner house, getting to meetings, and checking in with a sponsor....... and yes there are always other things to add to this list....

Get that fresh air and walk before doing anything else..... you and others around you need to clear the air inside before getting the day going....... before work or what you need to do for others ...you need to take care of yourself....

Ask God for some extra help if you can't manage by yourself....

Think about some little thing that you need to do for your step study..... and for the rest of the day find a word that will help you get a good nights rest.......

I have found one for myself and you may use the same one.....It is ........................

LOVE

FORGIVENESS

RESPONSIBILITY

Another day will come and I will take it with lots of patience ...working my program to the best of my ability....

Hugs to you all tonight...... and all those that are just getting up......:ghug

Little Penguin
Old 01-29-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

6 Oh .....I feel like just celebrating life for the day and having loads of fun....... I invite anyone else that wants to have some fun just enjoying the day and all that it has to offer........ The sun is out and the warm shine is keeping me warm in my program......

Need to get some peace in your life ..... then I challenge anyone that can't seem to get going...... take a walk, smell the air outside, watch what is going on around you during your walk..... Stay warm if you have loads of snow around with all the ice...... life will take care of itself......God will help when you really need it.... just TRUST....

Word for what is left of the day is......

TRUST

this is the only word I offer you all....... I can't think of anything better for today.....

Hugs for anyone that really needs it....and if you don't ....I give it to you anyway.....:ghug3

Talk to you all again....... and don't forget to work the steps ...no matter where you are in working them....

Take that mountain climb with your program work and know that you are not alone.... many of us think we have no one to help us through the tough stuff... Well you are wrong.... God is there watching you every minute of the day.... I feel Him leaning over my shoulder all the time telling me things will be okay today.....

Little Penguin
Old 02-04-2009, 06:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The days have gotten away from me..........but I am here today and that is important for the moment.....

Thinking of three words that need much thought today.....

ACCEPTANCE

REJECTION

ATTITUDE

Thought of these when I found my mountain climb was getting tough and needed some extra help.....

Cleaning your inner house may get tough sometimes and that is part of working your program....... I have never known any program that didn't have trouble....

Today spend time thinking about your program and if you have any areas that need more work than others.....

Get to a meeting and you will get more help in areas that you may have tucked away for a rainy day....... In recovery there are no rainy days to save work.... everyday is important and you need to think about that....

I am looking for something special to keep my program going so I can look forward to each day.... Like .. going for a walk with someone to keep me company or getting to the gym and workout for a time that is good for me.....

Today take time to give someone else a Hug when you get to meetings and maybe someone else that you know .......Everyone needs a Hug to carry on...... Have a good day and talk to you much later..........:ghug3

Little Penguin
Old 02-04-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Nice to see you poke you head in

How are you??

hugs

Chris
Old 02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Another good friend looking in for the day.......Glad to see someone checking in.......

I am doing well and sticking to the recovery stuff I promised to get done for the day....and look to help others at the same time......

Thanks for the much needed Hugs.....Sending Hugs to you all myself......

We got some much needed rain and that means California won't blow away in the wind for now...... Thank you Lord for helping us stay put for the mean time..............

As for the program and all we need to do for that....there is checking in with others, working the steps daily, and getting all the Hugs we can to keep us going.........One day at a time....

Word for the day.........

FRUSTRATIONS

This is a good one and sure loads of you have trouble with this one..... so for your peace of mind... think of a few things that can get you away from being frustrated..... the meetings hold the answer and so does working the steps.... Give it a try and see how you feel at the end of the day..... Don't forget to find that teddy bear you need and give it a hug....

Teddy Bears also have that urge to give Hugs back and make us feel better..........Try it .....you may just have some fun.....:ghug3

Little Penguin
Old 02-10-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Another week gone and today there are lots of things to consider for the week......

Thinking about a word for the day......

RESENTMENTS

I have one of those weeks that needs lots of attention after looking at my attitude during the weekend..... Not so good was the attitude and yet I am just like the rest of you..... I have a program to think about and steps to work....

Today I have a chance to make things better and this starts with meetings, connections with those in recovery, working the steps, taking that much needed walk to clear the air and to take a realiety check........... Think about the bad times you had as I am doing that today.... I look back at when I first got into recovery and how much I tried to convince myself that I was in the wrong place..... Like most of you I was going in kicking and screaming that I don't belong......

Changing the way we think........ good for the mind and soul when you know that life has to have those changes to see the brighter future........ Our program is set up to make our feellings better and to clear our mind of the bad things of the past..... WE ARE HERE FOR A REASON.....

Today take time to look back at the past.... then look at how much you have done for yourself today.... and how far you have gotten with your program.... Would you change your life and get out of your program? Is a rotten life what you really want? THINK NOT.... Recovery is the best thing for all of us.... the steps are designed to keep us accountable for each minute of our day.....

Keep your feet moving forward and you will find a brighter future while you work your program ONE DAY AT A TIME....
Old 02-15-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

More days gone by and that means time to catch up with what I neglected...... my program is important to me and the rest of you have to do what is best to keep moving each day....

One day at a time is all I can do and the rest of you have to follow your heart with the meetings and such...

for the moment I have a word to consider for the day.....

Inspiration

Perseption

There are days when it may get rough.... and this is the time to find someone to talk about what is going on in your program.... write and draw how your life has changed... see where you today and make the most of it...

I am thinking a good walk outside is what the Doc ordered for me and to think about making changes in my own program... I need to make my recovery more challenging and work the steps harder than I ever have.....

Writing my own book is something to consider to help others understand where I come from.... but then again... i am not sure I can do that.... So I will just keep a journal and use that to pass on to others to check out... and with my drawings it will show those I know where I have been before and how my life has changed over the years....

No one said this life would be easy ...... I know that and for you and your life in the program... you need to take the day as it comes.... Make the changes you need to keep going in your recovery.... Patience is the best thing when you doubt your life in recovery.... We all make it to the next chapter one way or another....

Have a good day and think about your life and what the next chapter will bring.......One day at a time........

Recovery is the best life you can have.....it really makes a difference when you work the steps and get to meetings......
Old 02-17-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Another beautiful day with the rain...... and the sunshine peaking through the clouds...

For the rest of us the day has just begun so we can work our program better than the other day..... the steps are something that need much thought and patience..

Cleaning house within takes time and loads of patience....and with a sponsor you can do most anything... but you really have to work the steps on your own...

Sometimes when we think that we are stuck in the mud with the steps there is a chance we can get out of that rut...... get to a meeting and find the time to sit back and think about how to get past that last step that is giving you so much trouble...

A little fresh air will help as well and keep your mind clear enough to move forward.........

There are meetings that go over the steps to get you the running start to where you need to be for the moment.... you can do this...

I find that when I go over the steps I need the quiet time and so much more.. I have to be away from others to get in the writng time.

Be patient with yourself today and know that you are not alone in working the steps........ some of us that have been at this program for years tend to get stuck.... because starting to work the steps over once done with them the first time isn't easy the second time..... Yes .... you can work the steps over as many times as you want.... this is what makes recovery so much fun for the rest of the years to come.....

Have a good day and know that someone is praying for you...:ghug3
Old 02-27-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thinking I have been gone too long this time and have been busy about many things.......

I am here for the moment and thinking about my cleaning my house within...... Recovery hasn't gotten lost in the closet and I know that for sure....

Many of us forget about working our program when other things catch our mind.... But when you really need to keep up with your program there is no time to waste.

Think about what you haven't done for yourself and your program today..... spend the quiet time getting the writing done that you need to do for the steps you sort of put on the back burner...

Working a program takes time and much patience...... you can do this and get to your meetings....

For the time think about that teddy bear you didn't pick up for your moral support ..... we all need a cozy friend to talk to once in a while... I do when no one else is around and others that are around just ignore me.....

One word I think about today is.......

TEARS

HUGS

These two are important in my program because they are what makes me Human in my recovery..... The Hugs are from others in the program and what I give in return.... The Tears are my emotions of wanting more understanding about myself and my life today..... and the only way I can get there is to get to meetings and see those that do show up as well....

For today ..... think about you and what it is that can make your day special.... , get you to accomplish the steps you didn't want to look at and motivate you for time.......

Reaching out to others is a good thing and reminds me that I am doing ok today..... One day at a time....:ghug3
Old 03-03-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Another day to think about all that recovery has to offer when you feel that things are not going as you planned for your recovery.

Sometimes we think that our life will go better once in recovery...... it does take time and much patience to get through the first few months as well as the first few days....

Some words to think about when getting through the day....

STRUGGLES

STORMS WITHIN YOU

Sometimes the storms outside are just as bad as the storms within you..... this is a constant thing that most of us fight with each day.... You have been there when you get depressed and just feel that you life is not going well....

Today think about what you can do to make your day better while working the steps and getting to meetings....

For the moment I will be good to myself and get to the meetings I need to make my day worth so much more.... Talk about my struggles and the storms I fight with inside my own body.

Take today with ease and think about you and the step you are working on today......... this is your life and recovery is important for your future as well as today....

Take that walk you need to clear the air within and feel the cool breeze against your face..... watch kids play outside and then look at your life and think about how you can be that little kid and just enjoy yourself and your recovery at the same time.....

One suggestion is to find a special little teddy bear that needs your comfort and that will give you the peace you need when you need someone to listen....

Yes...... sometimes we need a Teddy Bear to get some extra comfort this just isn't a kid thing..... think about it.....

We are all in this program together and whatever helps us work the steps each day is good when it is a special friend..... This doesn't mean go out and find that drink or drugs to get you through the tough times.......

Hang in there today and know that you are not alone..... We all have trouble and getting a Hug from someone is the best thing we can do for us and others......:ghug
Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

The days seem to get by without notice for me and I am back to let you all know that I am doing ok.....

My thought for the day is on the inside storms we all tend to have while working out our program.... there are days that will be better than others and that is normal...

Today I was driving to get gas in my car and found that I was getting impatient with the very slow driver in front of me....

We all have those days and being patient with ourselves is important when working our Recovery....

Set your thoughts on what you can do today to be patient with your life in recovery and other things that come with your day.

Have faith in God to get you through the most difficult times and to show you the way.

Take that risk and make your program special with finding that quiet place to get some reading and writing done that comes with working the steps.

Today I will make my recovery special and help someone else through their program as well....... :ghug
Old 03-11-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Time for that mountain climb in your recovery program..... this is an easy climb if you have done it before... during your time in recovery you may experience ups and downs .... this is normal and you have to learn to pick yourself up and keep moving forward. The climb up the mountain takes time no matter how many times you fall through the work on steps and all you need to keep yourself motivated....

I find that when I fall working my program I have to learn to pick myself up more than once....

We can get through all this and show someone else the way....

YOu may come across some pot holes that are deeper than the small trips that cause you to fall...... Just keep moving forward no matter what....

Today I have come across a couple words to get me through the difficult times in recovery.....

RESPONSIBILITY

SIMPLICITY

These two words are good with keeping your recovery in the "NOW"..

Because we keep our program simple for us and take the responsibility to do everything we can to keep up with meetings and the step work each day....

Hugs for all you that are still suffering today and don't know which way to turn............. Check in with your sponsor and talk about what is bothering you......:ghug2
Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Most of us feel that the help we need is only there part of the time.......when down and depressed life seems so out of reach and the one thing we reach for is the wrong item.....

Recovery keeps us where we need to be when we get to the meetings on a regular basis......then there is working the steps and checking in with a sponsor.....

Having a bad day and need something to make it worth living.....get to a meeting and talk about what is going on in your life of recovery.... let others help you make the next step in your program and most important ....Work the steps....

This is why Cleaning your inner house is important each day.... when you rise in the morning, during your day and before you go to bed at night.................there are so many meetings out there for you to reach out to and this is a good day to find others that will attend to your needs........

Get going and go on a walk to clear the air in your head....the fresh air outside is good and will make you feel better about you.......... Don't want to walk alone..... take someone with you to talk to and have some fun at the same time.....

I am going on my walk today and taking a little kid with me to see how this kid handles life........then maybe talk to this kid and ask some simple questions about what they do when something upsets them....... Might be interesting...... and we may learn a lesson from such a young person that doesn't have to work for a living in this messed up world ......

Hugs reaching out to all those that need one........Praying that your day goes well and you do get that walk in......

Little Penguin :ghug2
Old 03-21-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

The week has gone by so fast that I didn't have time to really think about all the things that have been going wrong......

for the moment I am here to think about all that I need to do for the day and keep my program going smooth.....

I have a Camel to take rides on today and this little fellow is im my program keeping me in tune with all that I need to keep my mind on.... this is good since the camel is a responsible one that shows most of us in AA that we can travel without the drink we so long for......

For the rest of you use this as a reminder that you can make progress in your program any time.... just take the day one day at a time and know there are no limits to recovery..... You have a dream to do what is right in your life and have the chance to make the difference and be responsible........

Make those changes and clean your inner house .... work the steps today and when stuck.... ask God to help you with the most difficult areas..... Have faith in yourself through the steps in recovery....:praying

Keep your feet moving in your program and know that we all have traveled the same path to a happy future......... don't let the light go out tonight without knowing that your heart is in the right place within your recvoery......:ghug...There is help when you need it most...... just ask at meetings and call your sponsor....

Little Penguin
Old 03-24-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

The sunshine is out and looks like a great day to get in that much needed walk...... spring is in the air and the flowers are looking great.....

Thinking about cleaning house today and trying to help someone else that is having trouble....... there is always a need to help someone else in the program if I am feeling up to it and not depressed ........

Easter is coming around the corner and that means loads of eggs and bunny rabbits to chase around......... or just hide the eggs for a little one to find.......

Recovery can be fun during this time if you let it......

I was thinking about hiding some recovery stuff in eggs and go from there....... this is more like a game that can be used for a get together with others in the program.......

Have fun today and get in that walk...... we all need the fresh air to think about our program and just to get that boost we need to move forward with things.....
Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

hey little buddy

Glad to see you poking your head in here