Notices

Clean House Time Part 3

Old 06-22-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I love reading your posts, thank you.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I am glad someone is making us of what I write.....

I love to share what I have gone through to get into recovery and just be here each day....

There are so many things that bring us all here and when we all share the little things it makes a difference...

That is why cleaning house is so important each day when some of us think there are other important things to do rather than doing what we need to keep our recovery number one....

I clean my house each moment of my day and work the steps to my best ability..... I have to in order to keep my day peaceful.... Ok...there are others around me that need this program but all I can do is point them in the right direction and let them see that I stay sober One Day At A Time.....

Life is too fragel to disrupt it with drinking or doing drugs.....I love recovery and all that is offer me.... I have been here a long time and find that the rewards of meetings, talking to others, working the steps, writing, touching base with those that know my program, and just giving myself the time I need to clear my head when things do go wrong.

I climb my mountain and fall just like anyone else in recovery.... I have all the ups and downs that come with recovery and staying in my program...... We all do.....

Today I have taken that early walk, watered plants, washed my car, taken care of the animals and even got a head start with laundry.........Just had one of those days that I couldn't sleep so got up to take care of me and what is important besides my family....... Yes ...I took care of my quiet time that is needed to keep my day in check.... this program in my recovery keeps me where I need to be for the moment.....

Words for the day.........

SELF IMPROVEMENT

INNER CALM

Hugs to all those that need one today.......
Old 06-24-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Looking back at my last note...noticed a miss spelled word.."use" but that is ok...we all do that and most of the time is because we are rushed to get the notes off.........

Guess that is the result of my years of recovery and also trying to get used to typing on this computer........

The world was quiet before we had to compete with computers.... I still don't trust them and I tend to trust God more....

Cleaning house today got bottled up since I have an extra person at home that wants my attention..... and then there are the animals.

Recovery is the top of my list no matter what excuse I can come up with for the day.... I am here just as much as anyone else and for the same reasons.... I need to be here and get in my words for the day....

Meetings are still important as much as working the steps and making progress with them..... I find that no matter how many years you have put into your program the 12 steps have to come first each morning.....and at the end of your day...

We all need that time to check ourselves and I find that a check before starting my day and at the end is a good idea..... This way I can clear my head before starting my activities and end my day with all the trouble that may have come up... I can rest at night knowing that God is there to take care of me no matter how much I hurt. I can leave the problems with Him and rest my head on the pillow after I say goodnight to everyone....

Take time for yourself today and know that there are others in the program that have trouble seeing the good in each day.... there are times when nothing will go wrong... those are days to have fun and think about those that do need a little help or a HUG.....
Old 06-28-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Taking the day as it comes and working all I need to keep up with recovery......

Cleaning house is sometimes hard and yet there are many of us that know it takes time and patience to get through each step.

One day at a time is all it takes........a minute at a time....and with a quiet space to think about what you need to work....

Depending which step your working..... you still need to take your time and not rush the process.

For the day I have come up with a couple words to think about while you work your program.........

TIME

RESPONSIBILITY

HUMOR

Have fun with the words and know that you can add your own any time.....

I pick from a jar of Angel Cards and also use others from my recovery book...... It works and helps me through the day....

Don't forget to work the steps and take your time..... this program wasn't meant to be rushed. and be patient with yourself.... this is your life and no one can tell you how to work the steps or what to write.......

Hugs to all that need one today.....
Old 06-30-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

The day has been rather hot and to cool down we did some swim lessons in the morning........

for the rest of us we could just think about the 12 steps and what area needs more work....... we all have one special spot in our program that is tough...

I think about what I started in the first couple weeks of my program and look back after how many years that have passed in recovery and compare my notes.......... What a difference .... But I see that I still need work in a couple areas.... I have a few spots that I keep tripping over and that is ok... I just need to find some quiet time and do some writing and drawings to keep in touch with my inner self....

Little Penguin
Old 07-02-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Each day that passes it seems that life is so busy...... but not so busy that I can't pay attention to my recovery and what is important there.....

This is true and with so much going on in the world we need to take time to listen to what recovery has to offer, in meetings and more so.....

I take time to listen to the birds early in the morning and during the day..... this is the time I can think about my program and what I need to change in my writing and so much more...... some times I find things that I didn't do well and there is always time to talk about that in meetings.....

Think about it and take time in your busy life to SLOW down.....you owe it to yourself.... this is your recovery and your life.....

A word for the day is.....

PEACE OF MIND

FREEDOM
Old 07-04-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

The 4th of July is a fun day for all of us.... but some of us remember when the drunk times happened on this day..... party with everyone around and that meant trouble....

Today I am thinking about recovery and the sober times I have developed with all the Holidays... it is a good thing and to get together with those in the program... Meetings are also wise to attend today and keep a straight path in your program..

Words for today to think about.....

PARTY SMART

SOBERIETY

I have been thinking about all the cleaning of my inner house I need to do and today is a good day to get going before all the Fireworks happen..... I want to have a good time today and not think about all the problems I didn't cover in my 12 step study.... So I will clean house where it needs it most and move on to the next thing in my recovery....

Think about what it is that you need to work on the most in your program and get an early start today.... get to that quiet place and write down the good points of your program and the points that need help.

Have a good 4th of July everyone and know that when you see those fireworks in the sky.... you are looking at all you accomplished in your program.... ENJOY THE DAY.... one moment at a time...
Old 07-05-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

A fresh day to get going on things that have been left in the dark corners of you little life.... Yes... I do mean those things that may seem the most important today and you may not realize it....

Most of us think that when time flies by in recovery that there are not so many stones left unturned....... I have bad news for you few that think so.... We all have many areas of our life that have not been checked out and just left in the dark..

I can agree with that in looking back over my past stuff... and of course the notes I have kept over the years on the 12 steps.....

Start working on some of this stuff and think about what is most important in your program today.. We all have those little things that need work .... especially when we start looking at someone elses live in recovery that is not something we should do.. Yes.. we need to pay attention to our own faults and not someone elses.. This is your program and judging is not part of the game here... You are the one to judge and that is all..... Work on you today and keep your eyes on your own pages.

God is the only judge on lives and it needs to remain that way......

Be thankful that you have a program that you really want to work for you....... just take each minute of your day to work on you and read the 12 steps, get to meetings and do more for you....

Thank you Lord, for the little things you give me today and the courage to carry on with my recovery program...... I am grateful for each day I wake up to and for the chances to make my recovery important for me.

AMEN.

Hugs to all that need one today and for the chance to make a difference in your own program............ You are here today and that is important..
Old 07-08-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

A busy week doesn't mean you don't have time to Clean House and work you recovery stuff....

We all come up with excuses for not getting to meetings and reading the big book and such...

Make your program 1st in your day before you do anything else.... When getting that cup of coffee and going on your early morning walk think about the 12 steps and what it is you need to do for YOU...

I am off today to get in that much needed exercise and think about my program while my little one is busy with so much for the summer... this is the time I spend getting my program together and think about what I need to change for me....

Life has so many challenges and yet there is always time to work Recovery stuff no matter what... Just find time in your busy schedule today and get going.... You can do this.....
Old 07-09-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thinking that walk this morning early is much needed to clear my mind from the last couple days..... life can be so difficult at times and it is up to us to clear the mind in the best way we can in recovery....

Working the 12 steps takes time as well and there is no real rush in recovery to finish fast..... This is your life and you need to take your time by really thinking about each step and what it is that you really get out of it......... There is no right answer for each one... Only you know that answer and can work it yourself....

Today find that teddy bear you found to help you through your program in a cuddly manner..... This special friend is there to comfort you in hard times when you think no one is really around to catch your tears..... Yes this is true... I use my teddy bear many times when life seems difficult and recovery meetings is where I head for with my little friend.... We sit in the meetings and listen to what is said. Then when the time is right speak about what is going on in my little life and the difficult times are discussed. I learn about how to get myself out of the rut it is in and move on with my day in peace......

Our climb through recovery isn't meant to be easy..... this is a life long process and there will be times when all seems lost and the most difficult... You will make it through these days.... God is there to help you if you ask Him for that help.... He does listen and lends a hand when the time is right for you...

Be patient today and know that there are days that will be just right for you............. We all get our sunshine moments....
Old 07-20-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Lots of interuptions around my house that I haven't had time to really think or get my own work done..... tooo much to handle someone elses problems and think for them at the same time......

I have decided I need to be myself and keep track of my own program..... I can't sit around for someone else to decide how much they are going to work their own program.... seems to me I heard this before and need to pray for this person today...

today is my day to work my own stuff to the end.... You can do this yourself by giving yourself the time and making it work for you...

Others may have trouble .... but you can't fix them... they have to get up and walk those baby steps themselves...

Get to a meeting today and talk about what your needs are and how you are going to fix "just You"....

I have written down some points to help me for the moment and that is all I can do... then I will pray for the patience to move forward....

Keep to your program and you will make the progress you need just for today...... this is a "One day at a time " program .... and nothing else.... You can do it.... keep walking forward and pay attention to your most important needs for the day......
Old 07-22-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Having one of those days that I just want to climb the highest mountain and just scream, smell the fresh air and so much more.......

Being in recovery gives me the chance to think about all the things that do go wrong in my life and how to make things right when problems come up.

This is good for all of us and we learn from so many mistakes each day of our miserble lives..... For the most part we find ways to straighten out the mistakes and and do what is right for our recovery..... this is what the program teaches us...

You may think this isn't that easy.... Wrong... it really is when you put your thoughts into the same pot and stir them up so as to pick one area to work on for the moment..... I have done this and it is rewarding each day... you can really learn something from this

So ...... give it a try when things are a little frustrating and you need a little help from the side....

One day at a time is all you need.... and tackle the unknown when you need a little hand... Get to those meetings and find that other peace to get your day going.... and think about the steps you haven't worked so well...

I think fluffing those little wings you may have of a young baby bird will be a good thing to do..... soon when you learn the program with in recovery you will spread larger wings and fly in the sky real high . You could look at the world in a much different way than when you first started your program.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I have a couple words to think about today as the moment is much needed.........

PROGRESS

SELF SUFFICIENT

INSPIRATION

Just needed something today to hang on to and work on for me.....

Taking each moment as it is and just moving forward with the things I need to in my own program....

Working the steps seems to come without really thinking about it... that comes with lots of years in the program... and that is good for me..

Today I will take time to think about what it is (after so many years in recovery ) that I need to really keep my mind on in my program....

There are times when we get so distracted that we have to stop and smell the roses in our life....... this life is Recovery and all it has to offer when "down" times come without notice....

Hang in there everyone and know that you are not alone today....

Little Penguin
Old 07-24-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

" Keep to your program and you will make the progress you need just for today...... this is a "One day at a time " program .... and nothing else.... You can do it.... keep walking forward and pay attention to your most important needs for the day...... "

That's great! I love it!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

WOW!!!! Thanks for the message.....

I am here just for today and yes... that is important One day at a time....

I learned that no matter where you are and what you are doing there are those that just don't stick to their program or JUST don't know recovery is important..........

I had the chance to get to Disneyland on my Birthday celebrating many years of my Young Life.... it was fun for the family as well....
The day was full of so much that I had to remember what my program in recovery has taught me even during the most difficult times.... It was so crowded at Disney that I felt overwhelmed.... But God gave me the strength to carry on and move forward..... I had a great time and by the end of the day was ready to get on the road for the long 3 hour drive home... it took almost 4 hours to get home with the bad traffic....

As for the rest of you reading this....... When you think the day has gotten the best of you.... Ask God to give you the strength to move forward and the patience to get you home....

We are here to support each other no matter what and I still believe that........................Have a good day everyone.....
Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

A great day to let the sunshine come in and warm us up..... Some of us need that extra comfort once in a while to get us on our feet.

For today there are a couple words to think about as you move through your day and work your program.........

COMMUNICATION

CREATIVITY

PATIENCE

Think about your day and the 12 Steps that you are on for the moment.....

Cleaning house is the most important thing in our lives today and every day.....
Old 08-01-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

The day started out slow and everyone around my house got up real late...no early birds around here. Just tired from all the summer activities mostly...

For the rest of us in recovery there are few sleep in days when our program has to take the front seat in our lives....

So for today there is a time and moment that the 12 steps needs to be addressed.... Keep up the good work... and if you need extra help there are the meetings in your area and that sponsor that you are to have around when most needed...

Today think about all the good times you have had since getting into recovery and the bad times that you fought with yourself before getting into recovery.... What a difference your program has made since you made the right decision to leave a messed up life behind and whatever you were into.... Move forward today with the 12 steps and make a good choice to keep coming back....

Recovery is important in our lives and to make this our way of life takes lots of work and years of dedication... You can do this and help those around you that are new to the program...

A word or two to think about for the day are.........

DEDICATION

RESENTMENTS

PURPOSE

Have a good day and make the most of your meetings today..... this is your life and a good one .....
Old 08-03-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Lots of cleaning to do today and help someone else out if possible.... sometimes helping someone get started on their program is rather difficult.. But when there is a willing hand we all need to accept that .. I remember when someone wanted to help me out... I just said I wanted to think about what I was getting myself into and go from there.. I thought about it over night and realized that I couldn't do everything on my own and needed answers.

So for today I will accept any help that comes to me and in turn help someone that is still suffering with their program..... I may not have all the answers .... but my experience is enough .

Cleaning house today will be simple as I will follow the Big Book that I have used for so long..... the words are simple to follow and in meetings there are answers to many questions if you are willing to listen.... There are Big Book studies and 12 step studies that are formed to help some of us out in a much better way....

Take that step forward and you will find your way..... listen to what others have to say at the meetings and be willing to say how your own program is going.... don't be afraid to ask for help and say what you are stuck on....

We are all in this together.......

Take one day at a time....just for today..............you can do this...

Little Penguin
Old 08-03-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Words to think about today are important..........

STRENGTH

WILLINGNESS
Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Came up with another word to start the day off right........

COURAGE

ATTITUDE

There is always something that keeps me moving to clean house in my program and that is "GOD". Yes... I trust God to help me through each day and give me the willingness to look back at the way I was before my program....

Thinking about all you that still have trouble and ask God to direct you each day.....