# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of September 2012 Part 7

we continue from here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-20.html

D
Old 10-09-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Sobersunshine!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

WWG hang in there, you can do it!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy burfday sunshine!!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Sunshine, I'm gonna repost since we're on a new page...teehehe...

Happy Birthday!

:day
Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Sunshine!! Hope it's a great day for you!

WWG hope you'll stick around the class still!

Finally hope. Yesterday after work I was running around getting the new iPhone and then transferring everything from my old one. Glad that's all sorted out. Think ill take my dog for a walk on the beach in a lil bit to clear my head. One of my co workers can really get under my skin and recently came back to work and I used to look forward to drinking after work as a result but I will not do that bc it won't make anything better. Instead I think a nice walk will help.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a good day, Sunshine!!

Signing off for tonight...I made it peeps!!! Leave for airport before dawn and feeling stronger in my sobriety than ever before will be off the grid for a while traveling home and sleeping off jet lag but I will post as I go.

Stay strong all...if I can get through a trigger fest like this trip I do believe there is peace, sobriety and happiness possible in the future for each of us!!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

IWW: you are my hero! With all the triggers thrown at you on this trip and you just bulldozing right over them, I feel that I can actually do this too. Way to go!! So happy for you!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yay for you IWW!!

Happy birthday sunshine!

Spent my evening watching Indecent Proposal. It was a nice and unusual way to cap a Tuesday night. I usually don't have the time or space to watch a movie by myself on a weeknight. Headed to bed in a few night all.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, tomorrow makes 30 days for me. I'm still hanging in there.

And while I may not be very happy, I am alive. And for my kids, I'm thankful for that.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't give up on happiness Phoenix - things got a lot better for me after 30 days
D
Old 10-09-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 21 finished. Paid a bunch of bills that needed to be paid, almost caught up. I'll be back to living comfortably in about 4 weeks. Alcohol made me extremely irresponsible with money (go figure) often times blowing paychecks on meaningless crap. I'll be back to being ahead on everything soon. No worries or guilt. Just gotta stick it out and be tight with my money for a bit.
Gonna hit the gym and a meeting tomorrow after the wife and twins leave until next week again. Then Thursday is my bday. Ugh. I'm just gonna work I guess. That's all I have planned. My mom wants to take me out to dinner or lunch. Hope you guys are having a good evening.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow guys! Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Thanks SBTS, IWW (and well done on your trip!!!), WWG (glad you're here!), boozefree, lindyloo (congrats on day 23!), hope, Lefthook, and Benice (again!).
I'm 44 years old and just an hour shy of being 36 days sober, the longest I've ever gone without drinking in 20 years! Woohoo! First sober birthday in forever.

Well, I've been grumpy all weekend (a three day weekend here in canada) and only attended 1 AA meeting during that time. So I got my grumpy butt to three, count 'em three, AA meetings today. And I feel great! So glad and grateful to be able to listen to others share and connect with my HP, and get out of my stupid head and stupid pity party! Oh yeah, gratitude, forgot about that for a couple days. I have so much to be grateful for, starting with the fact that I have made it to age 44!

Lesson learned: I need to go to AA meetings. (duh. I knew this. Why didn't I do it this weekend? )

Another lesson: sobriety is about more than just not drinking. (also knew this but chose to ignore this important fact this weekend.)

Another lesson: I don't need alcohol to deal with bad feelings.

One more: prayer helps.

Final lesson: my boyfriend apparently cannot read my mind, especially when I am sort of avoiding him. Lol.

Goodnight all, you guys rock and being on SR helped me through a tough weekend, even if it was mostly of my own making! I will pray for all of you tonight after I count my blessings, which are many. First and foremost, I am so blessed to have this sobriety and I am blessed to have many people in SR and AA to help me, because I cannot do this alone!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Sunshine, sending you a smacker of a kiss. :-)

Well done everyone celebrating milestone and everyone trying to reach them. I faced some demons last night and walked to my old drinking pubs. I had no plan, i wasn't sure why I even went. I looked through the windows whilst standing in the rain, how sad. :-D

Then i walked the two miles back home again in the rain. Bought some jelly sweets on the way and went home sober. I now know i can walk to and from a bar, but still not entered one. :-D Whats was all that about?

Have a great day :-) x
Old 10-09-2012, 11:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good Morning from Scotland.
Another sober day yesterday.
Hope everyone sticks with it and enjoys birthday celebrations without booze. Happy Birthday, Sobersunshine, 7

You are all doing brilliantly. Well done.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 2 again and I prefer a sober life. I love waking up and knowing what I did the night before. I want to put all the regrets that I have behind me. I feel so bad for the money spent, and lost time. But, I can make amends for it now and will. I have therapy today, also back to work today after an extra long weekend in Vermont. I took my 3 year old to school yesterday for the first time. It made me so sad how fast she is growing up, and I don’t want to ruin in. I love all of you who have supported me, and I cannot thank you enough. God Bless.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Well another year older and my second sober birthday! My son was digging around in a drawer last night and he pulled out a bunch of pictures taken around this time two years ago. There I was on pumpkin carving night DRUNK, at my birthady party DRUNK and taking my stepdaughter to see Santa DRUNK. I look sick in those pictures. Thin, pale, rings under my eyes, just sick! This way is so much better. I remember most of that birthday party, I showed up drunk, drank more, acted like an idiot and didn't really enjoy it. It would be another six months before I would decide to quit. Well the brain chatter that restarted when I drank on Sep 22 is finally quieting down and I am sleeping well again. Working on the anxiety that came back but feel it getting better since I told my wife what was triggering it. She can get wound up about the kids and it kicks my anxiety up to level 10 and then I can't help her because I am way too wound up and impatient. I thanked her for the effort at staying calm because it is working. Anyway, enough bla, bla, bla from me!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Throwing myself back into it. Hope you're all well. x
Old 10-10-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by drybuss View Post
Good morning everyone! Well another year older and my second sober birthday! My son was digging around in a drawer last night and he pulled out a bunch of pictures taken around this time two years ago. There I was on pumpkin carving night DRUNK, at my birthady party DRUNK and taking my stepdaughter to see Santa DRUNK. I look sick in those pictures. Thin, pale, rings under my eyes, just sick! This way is so much better. I remember most of that birthday party, I showed up drunk, drank more, acted like an idiot and didn't really enjoy it. It would be another six months before I would decide to quit. Well the brain chatter that restarted when I drank on Sep 22 is finally quieting down and I am sleeping well again. Working on the anxiety that came back but feel it getting better since I told my wife what was triggering it. She can get wound up about the kids and it kicks my anxiety up to level 10 and then I can't help her because I am way too wound up and impatient. I thanked her for the effort at staying calm because it is working. Anyway, enough bla, bla, bla from me!

Have a great day everyone!
Have a Blessed and Sober Brthday.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning/evening all. Still hanging in.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey ya’ll…this is our lucky week! Three birthdays in a ROW! Sobersunshine yesterday, Drybuss today and Lefthook tomorrow!

TODAY IS FOR DRYBUSS…HAPPY BIRTHDAY!