Old 12-03-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Clean House Time Part 3

Here is the last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html
Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WOW....... Another part to CLEAN HOUSE........

This is something and yet life has to keep moving forward with the steps we have to make in Recovery.....

For today the step work is a must ...... I see the spiders taking over and we need to think about the work that has been left behind for things that seem more important..... Yes.... we all set aside Recovery 12 Step work for something else and that isn't good....

Today make Recovery important as much as that Christmas present you are trying to find for that special person....

Think about how important your life is and the progress you make in Recovery One day at a time........... Is putting you life on hold just as important as important as trying to find that perfect gift for someone?

I have a life in recovery and put it first.... if I don't then find that I am not happy the rest of my day or week....

I have to check in with God each day and let Him know how I am doing and what I need to do to make my program better.... make time to work the steps and get in the quiet time before starting my day with all the noise that will take over and distract my thoughts....... I need the walk to clear my thought when needed through my day and that gives me the peace I need to handle difficult situations when they come without warning....

Take time for your program today and know that there is a God that understands.......

Work the 12 steps of your program..........

Little Penguin
Old 12-04-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For all those that need a special lift for the holidays find a friend to carry with you........ SUGGESTION.... Find a Teddy Bear our there in the store that reaches out to you..... this friend needs you as much as you need it....

This will help you through your program and through the rough times of the holidays.... I know... I have that special friend myself and glad I got one to hang with.... A TEDDY BEAR ISN'T JUST FOR KIDS ....THEY ARE FOR ALL THOSE THAT SUFFER AND HAVE A NEED.....

We all have needs no matter if you are Male or Female....... you men may think this a Female thing only....... NOT.... I know lots of men that drag a bear around with them and I think it is needed to get through the days that we can't do alone......

Have a good time looking for that special FUZZY FRIEND......it is worth the search........................
Old 12-05-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow Part 3. I've always enjoyed reading your posts Penguin. I've learned a lot from you.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you ...... I am glad that What I post helps others as that is why I am here and everyone else.....

This is a good time of the year to think about what we need to work on in our program as the New Year comes closer.....

For those of us that need to clean our inner house and working the steps is the best thing to clean up Christmas and talk to those we haven't talk to in years...

Make the Holidays special with your Step work by telling others how your life has changed through all your work on to make each day special....... Those in recovery love to hear how you work your program and what they can do to make their lives happier..

The gift to give others in Recovery is the gift of Hugs....... and knowing that they really have friends in the program....

This is the time to hang out with each other and share stories.....

Little Penguin
Old 12-11-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The morning is chilly and this a good time to find a meeting to warm up.....

Yes getting to a meeting will warm you up as you gather with others in the program and listen to what they have to say.... or you talk about what is going on in your life with the holidays here..........

Find a quiet place today to sit and work the steps...... this is your life in recovery and God has given you another chance to make things better..... You can do this and pass on to someone else in the program.... We learn so much in recovery and being able to pass on what we learn to someone else is special.... it helps us feel better deep down inside....

Try it...... this is a good holiday gift you can pass on....

Little Penguin
Old 12-18-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The day is moving slow with all the cold outside...... moved my exercise program inside and that is ok for now....... doesn't give time to think about the outdoors and my life as much.... I like the fresh air outside to help me think and work my program better.... Yes ....this gets the Step work going and cleaned up the way I need to make it for my life....

Cleaning house within is important especially during the Holidays...... the New Year is coming to make those other changes in your life.... You can do this and make life better for yourself..

Make that move and get to some meetings at the same time....

This Christmas you can find that special Teddy Bear to keep your personal program going..... I have my friend "Chester " who hangs around with me all the time....... and other friends that like to tag along....

Have a good day and think about what you can do to make your recovery better for the New Year....

A couple words to think about for the day if you want........

Cheerfulness......

Resentments......

Hugs to you all today...... Stay warm as the cold outside is getting nasty around here and snow coming down in areas that haven't had snow in years......

Little Penguin
Old 12-20-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A cup of Hot Coco and marshmallows to keep you warm while you sit in front of the lighted christmas tree........ What a joy to celebrate your recovery in a perfect setting....

And if you are still trying to find yourself in your recovery .... there is understanding and loads of Hugs coming your way..... Hang in there and know that you are not alone...

Today make that difference for your life and seek recovery for life... it is easy as little steps ONE DAY AT A TIME.... you can do this ...

Here are a couple words to think about through your busy day......

SIMPLICITY

ABUNDANCE

FREEDOM

For the Holiday fun you can dance around the candy cane just like the rest of us funny people that want to change our lives..... and leave the addictions behind.....

Cleaning house is more than just picking up the dust pan and that old broom..... Think about it....

When working the steps you have to really find that quiet place within you and sit to work on your thoughts that have been stuffed behind you..... find the time and relax.... Ask God to help you work the steps and give you the patience to treat yourself good for the few minutes you need to work each step....

Hugs to all you today........ Merry Christmas to everyone..
Old 12-23-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A Christmas Cheer to all that come here for the moment of checking in...... Keep coming back and know that you are not alone in your recovery........

For today here are some words to think about while your working on your program and just wandering around doing those last minute christmas shopping.....

STRENGTH

UNDERSTANDING

COMMUNICATION

CREATIVITY

Don't let others get on your nerves..... some people are so rude in the stores while they are looking for Christmas stuff...

This is the time when I stay home and make cookies and put on the christmas music.... and take time to get to meetings and touch base with those in recovery.....

Clean your inner house and work the steps........ this is your life and there is only one..... Do some writing today and maybe try your hand at drawing a picture to go with what you write....

I have done so much that I have used my creativity to express my Recovery and the number of years I have behind me......

Have a good day and know that I am sending Hugs to all you......

Old 12-23-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hope you & your family have a Merry Christmas Penguin!

Your recovery friend,
Barb
Old 12-26-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for the Christmas note...... Love ya and sending Hugs your way...

Today I am trying to catch up on lost sleep when a little one decides to get up at 4:30 am to see what Santa left.....

As for the rest of my day and for today I think about my recovery program ..... ONE DAY AT A TIME .... especially now that NEW YEARS is coming around the corner.... To ring in the new year it is best to get to a meeting and share with those that understand you the best.... Celebrate with Reovery and know that this is the best place for you to be....

Have a wonderful day everyone........ I am not going to be one of those out shopping the day after Christmas..... I will stay home with my little one and see if the new bike gets her moving in the right direction with no help....... this is my goal today besides thinking about the step work I need to do for myself.........................I will have my moments of peace to do that.....

A couple words to think about for the day ......I need something to inspire me and get my thinking off in the right direction......

COMFORT

JOY

FAITH

SOBERIETY

Have a good day and know that you are not alone...... I am thinking about you all and praying that your day goes well....

Work the Steps today between that "after the Holiday shopping..."

Old 12-28-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The bell is making noise as New Years is almost here..... We have just days to Clean House and keep our plate clean at the same time.....

The way to do this is work the steps and move forward with the next one....... You can do this ONE DAY AT A TIME.....

Find that quiet place to sit and work the steps within your program..... Read your recovery book and keep coming back...

I find the days pretty cold now that winter is here....walking may or may not work for you... but I can still go for one as long as I dress warm.... I love to see the wild animals roaming around.... and to have the peace of outside for the moments that everyone around the neighborhood are still asleep..

Today there are a couple words I need to keep me going and to think about for the day..... I share them with you.....

Peace of Heart.....

New Life with Recovery.....

All this Cleaning of my inner house takes me to a meeting that is much needed..... Get yourself to one today and feel the Peace you need for your mind ....... And make your Recovery special giving your life a new start for the New Year...

Have a good day everyone and I will be back another time....

Hug a friend that needs one........ sometimes friends that look like they need extra help in their lives have problems going on.....
Old 01-01-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year.......

Hope you are all being safe today with all the games going on today and the beautiful Rose Parade.......

For those that are getting to meetings (and I hope everyone is going) I pray that you are all doing well and getting into action with your program......

Today take time to do some work on your steps and clean house at the same time..... this is a new year and time to make those changes with your life....

I am there doing the same thing and thinking about what I haven't done the last few years..... I am moving forward with new ideas to make my recovery important to me and those around me.......

word to think about today......

12 Steps

Where does your recovery fit in with your life today and what changes do you need to focus on for the new year?

Today I am celebrating 23 years with my Recovery Program and staying sober...... A long time to be sober and I am grateful for it....... I just keep moving forward each minute of each day.................

Have a good day everyone and I will be back......Hugs to you all......

Little Penguin
Old 01-02-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good day everyone..... this is a cold day for me and know what is going on in the rest of the world.... Lots of snow, rain and other things that makes life rather difficult....

But for those of us in recovery..... we have lots to keep us moving and one of the most important things is to get to those meetings.... Another thing is to keep up with the 12 steps each day and write down what is going on in our lives....

We can do the work of cleaning house with no problem and sometimes need some extra help from others.... But the 12 steps in recovery is something that we need to do on our own with little help from others.... This is were reading your big book and other recovery books comes in handy....

Do something for yourself today and touch base with others in the program.... Pass on Hugs to others and you can get one back at the same time.... Hugs make our day go a little bit better....

A word to think about today is.......

Struggles

Falls

Pick ups

Sometimes these words can help with our writing and working the 12 steps.... Just think about it for a while and see where your life is for the day......

Little Penguin
Old 01-02-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Cleaning House in recovery brought me a long way with my program..... I am proud of this.... and I can look back and see how much my life has really changed.....

Anyone wanting to read my story can go to the sight of .....Stories of Recovery...... and look up "tough Mountain Climb...."

I am there giving my story of recovery..... No matter how many others tell me I didn't belong .....I kept coming back and went to all the meetings I could in AA..... This was my life and there were a few that told me I did belong... and no one has the right to tell me that my story doesn't fit with so many others.....

Doesn't matter what your story is..... If you have a problem drinking and want to get on the right path.... then you are in the right place of recovery were you really belong..... It just takes one day at a time and the will power to stick to the program and work the steps.,.........

love ya all...

Little Penguin
Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

The energize bunny has me moving forward each day and my faith has a grip on me to keep moving forward with my recvoery program.......... this is where I got my 23 years in the program...... I just keep working my program and keeping in touch with God by letting Him control my life rather than letting Alcoholism run my life or anything else.....

It really works and this is why I continue Cleaning House each day..... it is my reality check.... We all need to check in with our minds each day and see where we stand after the nights rest.....

A good word for the day .........

REALITY CHECK

This is a good one for all of us to think about through our day....... and when things get bad just get to a meeting and think about what you read here.....

Work the steps and Clean that inner house........ you need the quiet time each day without anyone disrupting you for that few minutes.... Can't get away from everyone? Go for a walk outside no matter what it is like and you will be safe..... it works, it really does......... think about nothing except how you see the world moving around you ........ take note of how each animal and person takes the day beyond what you have to do to avoid disruptions................ Can you do something different to make you day better than yesturday?

Pray about this if you really think there is a God of Understanding........ I pray and ask God to help me get through each day.... it works for me......

Hugs to you all today as you try to make the most of your day.....

Little Penguin 6
Old 01-06-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Today my camel is taking that slow walk outside to enjoy what is going on around in the world we so live in.....

For the moment I am taking one day at a time....... because this is to help my program when frustration sets in without warning.....

A word or two for the day to help get me and other to the next step in the program..........

FRUSTRATION

SIMPLE THINGS

PROGRESS

There are times when we think that our life will be easy once we get those first couple years of recovery behind us..... Not really ..... I know that no matter how many years of recovery you have you will still have some trouble getting through some days........

So to keep me motivated I just look back over my notes from years past in the program and see what I did back then to move forward....... Can I do something different today to make more of a difference?

Probally....... There is room for change no matter what goes on..... and making that difference is just letting yourself get to those meetings you decided to skip out on....

We all need something to keep us going in recovery..... and our connection with others in the program is the best thing you can do when something is bothering you....... reach out to others and get those Hugs to help you and listen to others talk about their troubles in the meetings..... It really helps and makes you realize that your troubles are nothing to others....

:ghug
Old 01-08-2009, 12:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This is a special day where you can dream of what you want out of your recovery program.......

Working the steps is tough and yet we are the only one that can make that difference in our life.....

Find the time to sit and work the steps you are on and then get out for that walk to clear your mind......... feel the fresh air on your face and think about nothing..... Just look around you and see what is going on.....

Funny thing .....this world around us..... there is so much going on that we never take time to look around.....

Old 01-09-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Time for all you lazy people to get up off that couch and move into a meeting to listen and talk about what is going on in your head......

I know it is hard to get connected when you really don't feel like making yourself do some things..... But we have to make that difference and CHANGE....... I hate that word "CHANGE".

Today it is time to do something different and work harder than ever..... especially on the steps and program stuff.....

A couple words for the day are......

COURAGE

LIGHT

HEALING

So good for today since there are problems still creaping up with recovery and keeping on the right path each day.......

For the moment I will light a candle and think about what God wants of me for the day....... I will pray asking for help from Him to show me the direction for the day and let me have the peace of mind I so long for when things get rough........

Yes.... there are time when I am not doing well and fall flat on my face.... No one has the best recovery.... We are all in this together and falling on our face pretty much at the same time....

I have learned to pick myself up and keep moving...... Because this Recovery Program I am in isn't going to work itself.... We have to do the foot work and read the book that was handed to us the first day...... The steps are important .....

For the moment I will pray for all you :prayingthat are still struggling and I am also sending you the BIGGEST HUGS.......:ghug3
Old 01-09-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thinking about all you that don't know my story......

You can read my story at "Stories of Recovery".......my story is titled...."Tough Mountain Climb".

When getting into reading this story take time to read what others have written about their life........... Then look at your life in recovery and why you wanted to change your life......

We are all here for the same reasons...... there is no judging someone just because their story isn't the same as someone else or good enough to even have that person stay in recovery.......

Judging someone is not why we are in this program........

Be grateful today for what you have done for yourself in your program......... if you need to work harder on the steps or some other area .....then get going and then get to a meeting where you can listen and talk to others .....

This is your day........it is also a day for all those that still suffer outside the meeting doors that need to make their way to what we found.....

Think about Reading Recovery Stories today....... spend the time learning how others got to recovery.....:ghug