Notices

30 Days and Under Part 2

Old 11-29-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

ok guys...i'm 50 and was married for 1 year at the age of 19.....single ever since and manless for 15 years now....

what i can tell you is it can be wonderful!!!!!!

it's all about relationships....with my dogs with my house with my friends with my job

I remember reading a card once that talked about planting your own garden and that is what i did. Right now my "garden" is undergoing a major makeover, but believe me .... being single isn't second class citizenship!

At 30 days I had a lot of rebuilding yet to do to get to the end results, but I focused on just taking one little step toward the goal at a time and really enjoying some simple stuff like long baths and cuddling with dogs and stuff like that.

Not wanting to crash your thread or anything, but you all just sounded a little bit in the dumps :ghug3
Old 11-29-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Congratulation Lost Butterfly im on day 22 and i feel okay about it, dont think ive got it in me to be proud of myself but im proud for you. Bizzare.

Ananda, i dont feel like a second class citizen because i havent got a man (i feel like a second class citizen anyway) I have been on my own for quite a long time and i have gotten to like my own company.

I think it would take a very special man to tempt me out of hibernation but that doesnt mean i wouldnt like the opportunity to turn down a few offers, lol

I am quite attractive im told and intelligent, nice etc but im also a bit intimidating (again so ive been told) i think this is a side effect of living alone, i sometimes forget to follow the rules of polite society, but i am getting better. X
Old 11-29-2008, 09:10 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I'm all with you on the offers allport
Old 11-29-2008, 09:48 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

day 21

3 weeks today, i am hanging in there so far. congrats to all of you on making it so far
(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))0
Old 11-29-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
I like cereal!

Red face First Post Here - Day 23

Hi Everyone! This is my first post on this thread.

I'm in day 23 and I feel good. I really feel good. I'm just stepping out of denial and realizing my utter powerlessness.

My problem is that I can't get to meetings a lot.

And when I do, I don't share. I'm the Codependent Poster Child. :sorry

*sighs* It's tough getting sober.

I appreciate all of you sharing so openly.

Cheese
Old 12-01-2008, 02:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Wow, first post in this thread, i'm on day 15.

I could do without the mood swings that seem to have camped with me, but other than that I feel ok
Old 12-02-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

In day 25 and things are working out. Writing this to this forum is an affirmation and I need to put it in writing to make it more real. I also want to write this - that I look forward to month 25, year 25. Each day feels like a tangible achievement and a gift - not really easy but worth the fight and the effort. Things look better and better on this side of the fence.

Thank you for this forum!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

IN day 27 and can't believe it. I will graduate from the "under 30" in a few days - that feels like a HUGE accomplishment. I am so grateful for this forum, my f2f support, the good things that are in my life to make being sober the right choice.

hugs to everyone on this forum today, and thank you!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KindBird View Post
IN day 27 and can't believe it. I will graduate from the "under 30" in a few days - that feels like a HUGE accomplishment. I am so grateful for this forum, my f2f support, the good things that are in my life to make being sober the right choice.

hugs to everyone on this forum today, and thank you!
It is a massive buzz KB. 30 days is an accomplishment not worth letting go of.

2 more days and you're there!!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:07 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Day 28 today and feeling strange, isolating like crazy but quite enjoying it, no thoughts of drinking but i am thinking of becoming a recluse!

Over the past 15 or so years Ive pretty much trashed my life, alienated all my friends and just basically lived with no real human contact.

I think i want to change all that and step back into the real world but i dont know if i can, dealing with real people is scary and hard and my social skills are zilch.

I may just be going through a phase in early sobriety, I hope so. x
Old 12-06-2008, 06:08 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Allport, congratulations on 28 days (29 today), that's FANTASTIC!!!

Today is 48 days for me... every sober day is a miracle, I'm so thankful for the progress that I've made. I surely wouldn't have been able to do it without coming to SR every day to read and post. THAT's what is keeping me happy is my sobriety right now... I can't look to other people to make me happy or to change me. I'm finding the inner beauty within myself for the first time in 15 years... it actually just teared me up to think that. I literally hated me for so long, I truly don't remember the last time that I was "happy of who I was"... that is a great feeling! I'm gonna keep on going... enjoying this process of recovery and continue making wonderful SR friends because beside me, you guys are the ones that are helping me stay sober! THANK YOU SR!

Have a wonderful Saturday!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:37 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

In day 29 and wow day 30 is TOMORROW! Monday will be one full month - I love it!

Yesterday was one of the hardest. My daughter is struggling with depression and we had a very long talk yesterday - it would have been a prime day for drinking about a bottle of wine if this was last month. I made it through (ate some good food and talked with my husband about how I was feeling). My heart breaks for my daughter, and I know now that I can be more there for her than I could in the past - listening and just loving her. She has a rocky journey in front of her right now.

So thank you for this under 30 day place to always check in and get support. I will be here tomorrow too and then try the under 45 day space for a while. I love that I get to graduate every few weeks or months for a while. Can't wait for one year when I can post "my story".

Thank you all for the support! You have helped get me to this place of 29 days!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It strengthens my sobriety to see you all travelling with me in recovery. This can be a hard road to travel but the scenery is so much prettier and better than my mental skid row.

Hugs for all!!:ghug
Old 12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

day 29

I just realized today is day 29 so I had better post here because tomorrow will be day 30!! I think I will make it but been really stressed/depressed lately. A supervisor at work blew up at me friday and I had not done anything wrong! He has some sort of mental illness I think as is on antidepressants, and seems to have anger issues too. I really do not want to go back to work tomorrow or ever there again. I am suppossed to talk and get along. I am so sad and crying a lot. My dad is also very sick so I am already stressed /sad with that , and my job is really stressful. I don't need to be yelled at on top of that. Sorry I just had to vent. There are no other jobs around here and my husband is laid off right now, so I don't know how much more I can take. I hope and pray I can make it today and tomorrow at least!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:51 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Ruby Canoe im so sorry you are going through such a tough time, im on day 30 today so hopefully ill be keeping you company on the next thread.

Ive been feeling very down for the last couple of days (and unlike you i have no reason to) unfortunately I dont have any helpful advice for you apart from hold on you have come so far, im not an aa person but they do have some good sayings, i.e. this too will pass.

Take care of yourself. x
Old 12-07-2008, 05:03 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

KindBird, Rubycanoe & Allport...

All about to hit 30 big ones!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hey rubycanoe it sounds like a really tough time. Good for you for posting. Having someone lash out like your boss did sounds awful. I know for myself it would have been a real "get a drink" button, so it is great that instead you got to the forum and posted! Keep going and keep posting.

This is my 30th day so I will begin to post in the under 45 days tomorrow (along with rubycanoe and allport I think) but I will come back here because I got such good support from those with > 30 days when I was back at day 11, 12, etc.

Weekends are real benchmarks for me because I made the decision to stop on a Saturday (Nov 8). Each Saturday I remember that day. So here it is Sunday and tomorrow is one month! I feel so lucky!

Have a good week to all out there in this great forum.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Hollyce Jones

A Sucessfully Sober 30th Birthday

Hi All,

I was nervous about celebrating my 30th birthday out in San Francisco with my sisters this weekend. Wasn't sure I'd be able to have fun without partaking in all the celebratory drinking fun, or worried that I may be tempted and give into drinking.

I stayed strong! Not one sip of beer, lemon drop, sangria... nothing alcoholic made it anywhere NEAR my lips.

Anyway, for those of you who cheered me on, THANK YOU! I'm still sober, and feeling wonder at the "ripe" age of 30.

xoxo
Old 12-08-2008, 02:41 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Well done Hollyce, what an achievement, i dont think I could have done that you should be giving yourself a big pat on the back.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Day 15

Hi all,

First time in this thread for me but today is day 15 so I figured it was time to join you here. Its been a bit of a bumpy ride so far but getting sober is the best decision I have made in a long time.

This website and the wonderful people here have been a huge help for me.