Cool Whiners Anonymous..Part 42

Let the whining continue.

Part 41 is here.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2664449
Old 07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

With special thanks to CMC, the keeper of the Whiner Literature.

WA Preamble

WA promotes kindness, empathy for fellow sufferers and builds bonds of friendship.
Many of us who were formerly ambivalent, mean or callous towards others have grown to appreciate and care about the problems of others, thus taking the focus off ourselves. This is how we learn to let go of our own problems as we share in the misfortunes of fellow WA members we find greater meaning in our own whining. (page 62 Whiner's Anonymous; How It Works. Approved by World Service W.A. Conference Groups)

W.A. Disclaimer

The WAH! 12 Step Program:

1. Admit you whine.

Just say, "I am a whiner."

2. Admit your whining is a problem.

It's not enough to know you whine--you have to realize it interferes with your life. Tell yourself, your spouse, and a friend that you have a problem with whining, that all you have ever done is whine. But don't whine to God! He already knows, all too well. God just sat back while you whined away the years. It's not His fault, after all, so don't go whining to Him with your problem.

3. Seek help to cure your whining.

Whining is but one of your many shortcomings, since you are a miserable excuse for a human being. Another shortcoming is you can't do anything for yourself, otherwise you would not whine. Go whine to somebody to help you--that's all you know how to do, remember?

4. Laugh at your whine.

Made a decision to turn your constant whining over to your sense of humor and learn to "lovingly and wholeheartedly" laugh at yourself each time you whine. Be prepared to be given the nickname "Loony Tunes," however.

5. Step out of your shoes.

Put your whine in perspective. There's a woman in Africa living in a mud hut with a grass roof and NO indoor plumbing. She lives off of $27 a year. She is totally blind and collects sticks for firewood, hoping the next stick isn't a snake. Now, what was your whine again?

6. Eat something nasty.

Eat some vegetable you hate without whining about the taste. And don't hold your nose or cover it with cheese!

7. Listen to other whiners.

Get a part job in a complaint department and listen to other peoples' whines 8 hours a day. But don't complain about your job! If you do, go back to step 3. Go a whole week listening to your wife/husband complain and just say "yes dear." If you can't, go back to step 2. Have kids and listen to them whine--that's how you sound to others. Pay back time! What goes around, comes around!

8. Make a victim list.

Make of list of all persons you thought you had harmed and hope to hell that they'd forgotten all the minuscule crap you'd blown out of proportion. Ask them if you ever whined, and then be prepared to take the return whine.

9. Beat the crap out of your parents.

After all, they raised a whiner. Yes, you started early, but it is not your fault!

10. Beware of falling off the wagon.

Resign yourself to the fact you are going to whine each time you try to stick to your guns when you know you are right. Once a whiner, always a whiner, they say. So either just admit your are wrong or go back to step 1. Cripes, you mean you really want to go back to step 1 after getting to step 10?

11. Whine to your dog.

They love you no matter how much you whine. It's called unconditional love. Unless of course they sense your foul mood. Disguise your whine by mixing the words "good dog" in every sentence. They only know so many words--those two they know. Otherwise, your dog would hate you like all the people you know.

12. Help others.

Help some other whiney-assed ******* with his whine problem. You get to whine about their whining. It's great.

so have at it!

whine, snivle, rant, bitch, and rave away!!!

"W.A. Disclaimer"... just be prepared for the feedback!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

11. Whine to your dog.

They love you no matter how much you whine. It's called unconditional love. Unless of course they sense your foul mood. Disguise your whine by mixing the words "good dog" in every sentence. They only know so many words--those two they know. Otherwise, your dog would hate you like all the people you know.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Queeny has a Ladies Room whine. 'Scuse me whoever you are...if you drop a bit of paper (unused of course), pick it up and dispose of it. The Ladies Room is clean and bits of paper on the floor annoy Queeny, who would never leave any bits of paper anywhere.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And what's with the unisex washrooms? If there is one thing I don't want to share with men, it's the washroom. No offense, fellas, but it's just a bad idea.

There, I think I am done now.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm not real fond of the diaper changing stations, either.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

You know something, Ann?

Maybe it's just this way in the States, but any job I worked where I'd have to clean the men's and women's rooms the women's rooms were far more disgusting.

True...the men's sinks always had a lot of dirt...but dirt is a lot better than other nasty things that women leave behind. And women don't like to sit on seats...they 'hover'. I know I've whined about that before---dang it, wimins, sit down! It's not going to hurt you! Just make sure it's clean before you sit down...and gee, if EVERYONE sits down, then we don't get nasty dribbles and mystery clumps on the seats! Grr...I'm too uncoordinated to 'hover'...I'm sure I'd end up soiling my pants.

Been busy with work and very tired. Doing alright. Haven't been able to catch up with you whiney people. Hope all is well.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hey all you animal lovers, here's little heartworm-free boy. He's as happy as he looks too.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He's smiling!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by poprocks View Post
He's smiling!

You bet he's smiling! And he keeps me smiling too.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to whiners Poprocks!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I still have computer issues, am trying to catch up on here. I always read each and every whine and give it careful consideration.

Misty of Chincoteague - written before we were born, Fandy!! Today was the pony swim from Assateague Island to Chincoteague where some of the ponies will be auctioned off. Margaret Henry, who wrote the book, stayed at Miss Molly's Inn on Chincoteague while she wrote it - and she bought the horse she based the story on. The man didn't want to sell it to her, but agreed when she promised to put his children in the story. There's a movie, too - made in the early '60's & filmed there.

Sweet dreams, whiners. Tomorrow is another day - filled with plenty of whining material, I'm sure.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

what a BEEYOOOTIFUL baby-boy!! is he the one who gave you a run for your $$ a few weeks ago? the one who got you all worked up and made you lose sleep?

Bobby Flay is making gourmet ice pops....he freezes them with liquid nitrogen...all kinds of fruit and wine, spices...sangria and pomegranite.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

oh i need to whine and catch up....i love CMC'swiney rules..and YES i whine to the dog, he really seems to care, especially if i whine with milkbone or snausages..the cats just laugh at me.

heavyn i'm sorry your blinkey lights are on the blink....i am more than tired tonight!

for the other doggie owners (and kittys)..i discovered today thatDrugstore dot com is almost 1/2 the price of 1800petmeds!! (those lint-lickers)! especially angels' eyes almost 1/2 price...The Samster growls at 1800petmeds!!!..we need our extra $$$
Old 07-28-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

geeze, you sneeze, and there's a new part!!!

and just to keep it green

The Twelve Traditions of Whiner's Anonymous

1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon W.A. unity.

2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority—the owners, Administrators and Moderators, Greeters and Members of this site as they may express themselves in our group conscience.

3. Our leaders are but trusted servants;but they do govern. The only requirement for W.A. membership is SR membership and a desire to share some whiny ESH.

4. This group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other whiners or W.A.as a whole.

5. Each group has but one primary purpose—to whine about things in a safe environment, have fun, blow off steam and then let it go while moving onward in recovery.

6. A W.A. group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the W.A. name to any related facility or outside enterprise,lest those who do not wish to whine or read other people's whines divert us from our primary purpose.

7. Every W.A. group ought to not to be fully self-supporting, and gratefully accept this venue given to us for the purpose of whining.

8. Whiner's Anonymous should remain forever non-professional, but our all of our whiners shall remain as special workers.

9. W.A., as such, ought never be organized; because they need to whine about the ups and downs of their lives.

10. Whiner's Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; because most people on the outside ignore whiners anyway.

11. Our public relations policy is based on whining rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of real life if that is what we choose.

12. Anonymity of screen names is optional for those who choose to use real names ever reminding us to place principles before personalities[I]and respect those from other fellowships. What we whine about here stays forever on the internet.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

10. Whiner's Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; because most people on the outside ignore whiners anyway.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

and Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Everybody,

My name is Melinda and I am a functioning whiner.

If a magic genie said I could have one million dollars or a magic button that I could press and poof be asleep at 10 pm every night I would take the magic button. I was an insomniac who turned into a raging alcoholic who stopped drinking and became an insomniac again.

When I heard the details of Michael Jackson's overdose I remember really empathizing with him. He was begging his personal physician to make him sleep. He obviously had serious problems with relying on drugs, but I just found it so interesting that the basis of his addiction was simply to get to sleep, not to party or act loopy. I found the documentary "This Is It" of his final rehearsals pretty solid proof that he was healthy, dancing like he was floating on air while his 23 year old backup dancers struggled to keep up. He just couldn't sleep at night

I know that insomnia can turn me into a nutcase; sleep deprivation. Just like everyone else I guess.

Okay, okay.....my final whine: I feel like my insomnia puts me at such a disadvantage in life, keeping me from operating at my full potential. One example is a job interview. I can't sleep before job interviews so I go the job interview looking hung over (but stone sober): bags under the eyes. Then, I am competing against other candidates who got their full nine hours of sleep, look fresh, and their brains are twice as sharp as mine.

Thank goodness I never became reliant on sleep aides; never taken one actually other than Melatonin which is all natural but I've been careful not to become too reliant.

Anyways, friends, I hope that wasn't too much whining. I like this thread.

I think even typing out what I just did is making my eyes feel heavy. I think I'll sleep well tonight, or this morning I should say.

:rotfxko
Old 07-29-2010, 04:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by least View Post
Hey all you animal lovers, here's little heartworm-free boy. He's as happy as he looks too.

Least, he is adorable and looks so very content...and yes, he is smiling.

Welcome to Whiners Melinda. Hope you can find some sleep today/tonight.

No whines for me except that I slept in a little and will have to scramble to get ready for work.

Happy Whiny Thursday
Old 07-29-2010, 05:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

(((Fandy))) Excellent suggestions. You're a wonderful, whiney friend.

Welcome poprocks and Melinda! The more (whiners) the merrier!

Melinda, my sister had insomnia for a long time...she saw a new dr. recently who is treating her thyroid and the med he put her on (can't remember name; it's a little pink pill) is allowing her to sleep through the night for the first time in a looooooong time.

Am certainly not offering medical advice or diagnosing you, but thought I'd put it out there in case you haven't had your thyroid checked. (just sayin...)

I woke up with a scratchy throat and slightly stuffy head and am scheduled for another facial medical procedure at 12:30pm today.

These procedures are being done to repair and contour the wound damage caused by the removal of a cancer tumor last year via MOHS surgery. If you google it, be prepared to see really gross, graphic pics.

The ultimate whine experience to say the least!

Am crossing my fingers that my doc says we can go ahead despite the slight cold I have. I want to get on with my life!!

Fandy, that's another thought I had: I'd be excellent working in a plastic surgeon's office who performs MOHS surgeries (not many surgeons are certified - I think it requires an addt'l 2 years of specialized training).

Having gone through it myself, I can certainly empathize with other folks requiring it...the extensive process can really take a toll on you emotionally and physically. Just thinking out loud...

I'd whine to Raven about it but he'd just look at me and tell me he's trying to heal from his abscess and grow the fur back on his face...I get no respect.