Notices

bad dream reflects my mental state

Old 12-02-2020, 08:48 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was cleaning a house again. Don't know whose house it was. Might have been a nursing home. I had to clean the bedroom. The bedclothes needed to be washed so I put them in the laundry. I had to clean the walls too. I was using a spray cleaner to clean the walls. Then the nursing home turned into a factory where I was working. Still had to clean for my job.

The laundry hampers were huge, industrial size.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:37 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another cleaning dream! I was cleaning someone's house. I had to clean the walls and floors and it took a long time. I was asked while cleaning why I was doing it so carefully. I answered that I was on a cleaning spree and was anxious to get it done. I was using a canister vacuum with a cleaning brush to clean the walls. There was a lot of dust stuck to the walls.

I was frantic to get it all done. I was doing it all by myself, with no help from anyone.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:34 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Jack was in my dream. He had an eye infection in his left eye and I was worried about getting him to the vet for treatment.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:48 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

In my dream I was embarrassed cause my fingernails were dirty. The person in my dream looked at me funny.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:51 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Really strange part of a dream. Dreamt that my teeth fell out!
Old 01-20-2021, 05:40 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I have that dream very often, least
Old 02-13-2021, 01:52 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was cleaning a house, a very dirty cluttered house. I was insisting I had to finish cleaning despite calls to stop. There was a dumpster bin on the back porch, and it was filled with fiberglass insulation. I was using a bagless vacuum cleaner and kept having to dump the dirt container as the house was so dirty.

I was in a cleaning frenzy trying to get it all done that day.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:27 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was back in that public shower. Trying to take a shower but then remembered I hadn't brought any clean clothes to put on after my shower so had to put the dirty clothes on. Was upset cause the men's and women's showers were only separated by a space, not a private door to shut them off from the other gender.

Then the dream changed and I was at someone's house, and had to drive my daughter home but had to borrow a car as my car wasn't driveable. The car I borrowed was old and in bad shape. The windshield was dirty and fogged up and it was very hard to see where I was going. Had to drive this car to where it belonged but was having a lot of trouble driving it and being able to see where I was driving.

Got to the house where the car belonged and my ex was there so I asked him if he would please drive the car back home as I was afraid to drive it.

The car was loaded with things, like two suitcases and a folding table. (???)
Old 03-08-2021, 08:16 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was at home (tho it didn't look like my house). It was a big house with several bedrooms. My daughter came to visit me. Several other people came to visit too, including my (abusive) exbf. For whatever reason, I was quite friendly to him, which doesn't express how I feel about him at all.

All my visitors wanted to take showers so I was showing them the different showers and how to use them. Abusive ex asked for a special kind of hair conditioner, which I gave him.

All the visitors were in the showers and when they all were done, we met in the kitchen.

We decided to go somewhere so we piled into one of my cars. (??) We headed out, but got lost after the first turn.

I felt strange, being so nice to abusive ex. He didn't deserve it.

I woke up feeling dirty and ashamed.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:11 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was in the same factory where I've been before. It looked like the basement of ek's old grade school. I was cleaning the walls, which were filthy. A coworker asked me why I was cleaning the walls and I said I hoped to get a job out of it if I cleaned them really well. This was the same factory where I'd been working and hadn't been paid.

I had lots of rags to clean with, and kept wetting them and wringing them out to clean with. I was doing a good job getting the dirt off and the walls started looking really good. I had to leave then and said I'd be back to finish the walls.

Woke up feeling anxious.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:23 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Same ol' dream, of being in the factory where I didn't get paid.

I was in the factory and was relieving someone on their break. The job she was doing was really hard and also inefficient. I was trying to clean up the messes that someone had left on the factory floor. The place was a mess.

I was trying to explain to someone in charge that I'd been working there, three times, and had never gotten paid for my work. I was having a hard time remembering the dates of my employment there.

The dream then changed and I was in my car/a car, and was driving somewhere. Came upon road construction and had to take a detour.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:35 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was in mom's house with my kids, when they were little. They were making a huge mess and my dad (??) was very upset with them. I was trying to clean up their messes but every time I'd get one cleaned, they'd make another mess. My dad was really mad at them, I could tell cause of the way he'd bite his lip.

I was trying to clean the kitchen sink but the kids kept putting dirty dishes in it. I was frustrated and was yelling at them. There was a dumpster on the back porch to put the trash in. I was vacuuming and kept having to stop and empty the dirt cup.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:56 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A little piece of a dream comes to me.

I was trying to get coins out of a coin jar but my daughter (when she was little) kept telling me that it was her money and I was stealing it.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:15 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another dream where I was cleaning. I had an upright vacuum cleaner and was vacuuming a house and its furnace. I kept having to replace the dirt bag cause it was so dusty it filled right up quickly. There was a dumpster bin in the back room and I kept putting junk in it to throw away.

It was taking me forever to vacuum the house and furnace. The furnace was so dusty, it was an inch thick. I had to use the attachments to clean the furnace. I was determined to finish cleaning the house and kept on vacuuming and dusting and throwing things away.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:35 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was at work and couldn't figure out why my pants felt and looked so weird. Finally noticed that they were on inside out.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:09 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Again with the same dream of working at the factory where I don't get paid. I was trying to make a cup of coffee and asked where the big coffee maker was. They told me but I put it in the wrong place and had to move it. I asked someone who I would talk to to make sure I got paid this time.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:23 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've noticed in my dreams, when I'm walking or running, I take big gliding steps, like I'm skating. Like I can walk really fast with these gliding steps. Like when I was young.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:17 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt that I was in the factory again. Working and worrying about not getting paid. I was dressed with my boots and favorite dress. Was looking for my car, forgot where I parked it. Finally found it and it was full of snow! My daughter had borrowed it and left the roof open and there was lots of snow in the car/van/bus. I had to shovel the snow out.

Was signing my time card to make sure I got paid. I had agreed to work over after midnight and was worried I wouldn't get paid.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:27 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up out of a horrible disturbing dream. First, I was living at someone's house and they had kittens. For some reason I had to leave the house and I took one of the kittens with me, carrying it in my arms. I was trying to get back to my old home, the quonset hut, but there was road construction all over and I had to take many detours. I was walking and thought I'd be walking forever before I got to my old house.

Got to my old house finally and put the kitten down. My three youngest kids were there, when they were kids, and the place was a mess, dusty and dirty. I grabbed the nearest vacuum cleaner and started cleaning, but it was such a mess, with inches of dust on everything. The vacuum wasn't doing a good job and I asked where was my new vacuum. I told the kids to clean their rooms but they were more interested in other things, and didn't clean their rooms.

The house had been modified since I was last in it. An addition had been built on top to make an extra room. I was cleaning in the basement and there wasn't good enough light to see what I was doing. Even the light bulbs were dusty.

I kept begging them to clean their rooms. I was crying and begging but they didn't do it. I was very frustrated and cried that I was the only one who cared about cleaning the house before mom got there. Then the doorbell rang and a guy was at the door saying he was there to give the girls their haircuts. I asked him if he'd cut mine too but he said, no, just the girls. He did one haircut and then left.

Before I got to my house (the quonset hut) I had to go thru a factory to get to the road to take to get home. I was still carrying the kitten and had to walk thru many hallways to get to the outside.

I woke up very agitated and anxious and feeling awful. The dream still makes me feel uneasy.
Old 05-18-2021, 08:38 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another very disturbing dream. I was in a house (whose house?) and was taking care of a baby (whose baby?) and had to write down all I did to take care of this baby. Then I had to drive home (it was my ex's VW bus and was hard to drive) and it was snowing. I kept nearly running off the road and could hardly see thru the windshield.

Then I was back at the house with the baby and my abusive ex was there. I told him he'd have to drive us home as I couldn't drive the bus any more cause it was too hard to drive.

Woke up with my heart racing and feeling very scared and apprehensive. Driving that bus was a harrowing experience, almost going off the road and having to drive thru piles of snow. I remember telling abusive ex that driving that VW bus was a lot harder than driving my car.

This dream made me very upset and scared.