Notices

bad dream reflects my mental state

Old 03-31-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was with my girls at mom's house. For whatever reason, her house was really dirty and I was cleaning it. I wanted the girls to help me but they were not enthusiastic about cleaning.

I was cleaning a hole in the floor in front of a closet door. I pulled the cover off the hole and saw the next floor down, and it was water with fish-like creatures swimming around.

I was trying to get one of her two vacuums to work as the floor was very dusty. I was using a little broom to sweep up the dust balls. I was intent on cleaning up the whole mess, one room at a time, but the amount of dirt/dust was awful, and it took me a while to clean just a little of the room.

I asked the girls to help me and one of them said, why bother cleaning, it'll just get dirty again.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:41 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I find my dreams generally involve a "complicated" situation. Not a good or bad situation... but something complicated or confusing.

Which pretty much mirrors my life as I have a lot going on.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt last night that I was back working at the factory and not getting paid. I had it all figured out to show them that they owed me several thousand dollars but they didn't believe me. I had no proof, as I had consistently forgotten to clock in and out each shift.

My ex was there too (girls' dad) and was trying to talk me into taking my car and going home as the girls were there by themselves.

I keep dreaming variations on this dream of working for a place and not getting paid... and having no proof of working there due to not clocking in and out.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:50 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was trying to escape something. I was sneaking down a country road, dived into a lake and swam across it, running down stairs, hiding in a bathroom.

I got caught and taken to the 'boss' lady. I don't remember what I was trying to escape from, but was desperate to get away.

Woke up out of breath, like I'd been running. Heart racing.

There were little kids in the dream. It was in a big building.

I was so upset that I didn't get away.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:56 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was at the factory and I was cleaning. I had to clean the dirty machines.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was cleaning my mother's house. I was cleaning meticulously, using all the tools on my vacuum. I was determined to clean her whole house before she got home. We ended up throwing away a lot of stuff and had to fill the trash hopper twice.

I vacuumed the floors and walls and the cobwebs in the corners. I was frantic to get it all done. The girls kept saying, that's good enough, are you done yet? But I insisted on cleaning more.

The house looked really good when I got done. I don't know why, but my dad was in the dream. They got divorced when I was 17 and he didn't belong in my dream but he was there anyway.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:51 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Re: bad dream reflects my mental state

Dreamt I was with dk (youngest daughter) and we were at her school. I was trying to get her teachers email addresses. I also realized she wasn't completely dressed. She didn't have a skirt or pants to wear. I told her I'd go home and get her something to wear.
I was driving her dad's old VW bus cause I couldn't find my car. The bus was old and creaky and didn't steer very well. I was desperate to find my car.

Then we were in a dorm-like setting. I was looking for my locker in case I had something dk could wear.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:09 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was working in some kind of nursing home. My job was to fold the sheets and put them on the cart. I liked my job and would always run and skip when going to it. I would 'skate' in the hallways, sliding my feet as tho I were skating. I could walk that way really fast.

There were certain people in the nursing home whom I liked. I used to like changing the sheets on their beds.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:54 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was in a two story house with my kids. They were not behaving and were leaving doors and windows open all over. I had to go around and close doors and windows after them. I also had to turn off the lights they had left on.

We were going somewhere in a van. I was driving but was having a hard time. I asked one of the kids if they would do the driving for me. No one was wearing their seatbelts.

When we got back to the house, it was bedtime and I told the kids to go to bed but they had to pick up their clothes first. I ended up doing most of it.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:22 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was visiting someone. (??) Spent most of my time getting around on a golf cart type of thing. Either that, or traveling on one roller skate (the old fashioned kind) where you stand on it and push with your other foot.

God his debit cards and exchanged them for cash, then left them in the golf cart and left it out in the countryside.

Woke up with a headache.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:03 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was in the shower (a big one like at a gym or school) and was trying to wash my hair but couldn't get it wet enough to lather up. I asked someone (??) to help me but they said no. I was in the shower but was dressed in my shorts and a tee shirt. Then the dream changed and I was in my car trying to start it but it wouldn't start. There was no one around to ask for help.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I had a dream that aliens arrived.

I remember that at first everyone was afraid and hiding, partly due to the fact that these aliens were invisible. We knew they were in the air, but we couldn’t see them. When they arrived, they turned the sky a light pale pink color. And they weren’t just in specific areas – they saturated Earth’s atmosphere.

Folks hid anywhere they could think of; stores, under cars, in cars, at home, at work, at school – everywhere. I was hiding with a cat in an old civilian Scout vehicle. (My dad had one of these when I was little.) I’d thrown a blanket over the outside of the windshield to offer myself some privacy. I was using the vehicle as a residence – it was full of clothes and whatnot. At one point – I opened the passenger front door to go out and some strange woman stood outside the door. “Can I help you?” I asked. “I want your parking space.” She answered.

Someone else standing a few feet away overheard her and immediately barked, “You can’t have her spot. She just parked there a couple of hours ago.” My eyes did not waver from this woman. “I am not moving my car. Go find your own parking spot.” She didn’t say another word. As I walked away, I noticed bulldozers in the distance flattening large mounds of earth just outside town. And I realized they were flattening the ground so that civilians could go stand out there to watch what was going on. Except nothing really seemed to be going on. The sky was pale pink, but other than that – nothing had really changed, except for this palpable awareness that we had company.

I’m not sure how everyone knew that the pink sky meant aliens had arrived, but we all knew. And eventually – everyone stopped hiding and started sort of creeping around. Ever cautious.

At one point I went to a family’s home with this cat to drop of an emerald green sculpture/artifact of some kind. I don’t recall what it looked like, but it was small and fit in my hand. I was letting this family look after it for – some weird reason. When I went back to retrieve it, they’d accidently broken it in half and I was south of pissed off. I was so angry about it that I started taking swings at the patriarch of this family. He was a 70 something older man, but healthy and still strong. I was taking swings at him from the side of my right fist. I’d pull my arm in toward my chest and then swing it out right up against his face. And it landed exactly where I wanted it to each time. But he never tried to hit back and I finally left.

After that the dream changed and I was seated with a woman who, I believe, had been a news anchor before the aliens arrived. We didn’t know each other and she was deeply saddened by something – so much so – that I could feel her pain. She was seated at the head of a white conference table and her grief felt as vast as an ocean. Lots of sad. And I could feel all of it. And I got really sad. And I asked her, “What is going on? Why are you so sad?”

“We’re all going to die.” She said.

“Wait, what?”

“We have about two days. That’s it.”

“Well, how on earth do you know that?” I asked.

She couldn’t tell me. She couldn’t tell me how we were all going to die either.

“Well. This is a bummer. I’m not prepared for that!.”

“No one is.” She said. “No one knows.”

And I frantically thought, Aliens are totally welcome here to come visit and stuff. I’m a hospitable person. But they can’t KILL us! We live down here! This is our home! We don’t have anywhere else to go! And then I was overcome with my own grief. I wasn’t ready to die yet, I still had stuff to do. I wasn’t even concerned with HOW we were all going to die, I just wasn’t ready to stop being ME yet.

And then I woke up. It’s interesting how feelings from dreams can linger … I wonder if our spirits experience any sort of shock when we die. Especially when we die violently or suddenly. Not only is the planet our home, but so are our bodies. We live in these things.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:00 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt about the same factory again. The one where I worked 3 times but never got paid. I was trying to convince the boss that I had worked there 3 times before but never gotten paid for my work. I kept reminding them of all the jobs I had done, and excelled at. I asked them to look for my records.

Then I had to go home and was driving ex bf's volkswagon van, which was very hard to drive. I ended up leaving it somewhere cause it was too hard to drive.

Woke up frustrated and anxious.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:27 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't remember much about the dream except that I had long hair, very long, and was proud of it.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:40 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I had been hired at the factory I used to work at and was in the office. I was wearing a white sun dress. I was given a work assignment to do but it was too much work and I couldn't get it all done. I complained about my work load to the head honcho and said that I would quit if they didn't reduce my work load.

I actually talked to the big boss himself and told him that it was too much work and I couldn't do it.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:47 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A very disturbing and realistic dream about my abusive ex. I can't remember the details but he was threatening me over some pictures I had taken of him and he wanted to get them back but I wouldn't give them to him. We were being chased and had a wreck because of it. My daughter was in the car and I was trying to protect her from him.

There was a fire in my (??) apartment and the siding was burned off of the building.

I can't remember how it ended but I woke up feeling very anxious and afraid.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:43 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Least... wishing you nights of peaceful and uninterrupted sleep my friend. We can all use as much of that as possible.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:47 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was visiting my daughter in CA and wanted to take a shower. She showed me where the showers were and I got my clothes out and went to take my shower. She told me the water ran continuously and was 73 F. I got in the shower but forgot my shampoo and had to come out of the shower to get it out of my bag. I then discovered I hadn't packed any clean pants so asked her if she had any. She gave me several pairs of pants, one of which was way too big.

It was hard to take my shower cause the water was aimed at the wall and I had to kind of reach up to get my head under the water. Also, people kept walking in and out of the showers while I was trying to take mine.

Then the dream changed and I was in their basement and could see the sidewalk outside of the house from the basement.

I complained to her about the water being so cold and she told me it was always like that and that I'd just have to get used to it.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:01 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Took my daughter to school, it was very early in the morning, like 5 am. I don't know what happened but I suddenly said, "I can clean these walls so they look good again." And I started cleaning the walls in the school. I had a spray cleaner, a rag, and a water hose to spray away the grime.

I was energetically cleaning the walls and then thought I should ask the principal if I could be paid to clean the whole school. I went to find the principal and ask her if I could have a job cleaning the walls in the school.

I remember how much better and brighter the walls looked after I had cleaned them. The students and teachers were commenting on how much cleaner they were. The difference was like night and day.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:05 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was in mom's house (??) and was cleaning it. Vacuuming and putting things away. I had to tell my daughter that she can't put leftover food in the recycle bin. I remember the light bulb in the basement was a dimmer bulb than I had put in and asked dad (??) to put the brighter one back in.

Woke up with a headache.