Notices

bad dream reflects my mental state

Old 08-06-2019, 11:03 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was hired by a previous employer to work at assembly. We were packaging candles for an Amish family who bought them in bulk. We had to put the boxes together and load the candles in the box, wrapping them carefully.

I was told what a good worker I was and was invited to stay on as a permanent worker. I was glad as that meant I could stay in my own house, in my own town, and didn't have to commute to my old job.

After we were done with the job, I got a call on my cell phone from one of my kids. I didn't like the ringtone on my phone so I changed it to one I liked.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Really strange dream. My sister (??) had a very young daughter who wanted to be a boy. She insisted we refer to her as a boy and dress her as a boy. I did as she asked and she was very happy. Sister's house was very small, and the bathroom was tiny. I had to help her daughter in the bathroom and there was barely enough room for both of us in there.

I remember seeing her undershirts hanging up in the bathroom.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:59 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

One of the last-listed side effects of Zoloft (sertraline HCL) is "bizarre or unusual thoughts or dreams". My sister calls it the Zoloft Cinema, cause it's like going to a different indie movie every night.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The only thing I remember about this dream last night is having to drink black coffee cause I had no creamer. At least it wasn't scary...
Old 10-12-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been having a lot of interesting and strange dreams lately but they vanish as soon as I wake up. Sometimes bits and pieces of them come into my mind during the day, but they just flash into my consciousness and are gone again. I wish I could remember them.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was at the factory where I was working. I went to my locker and found someone else's things in it and began throwing them out of my locker. Then discovered it wasn't my locker so had to put all the stuff back.

My youngest daughter was working there too. I was having problems getting around the bldg and got lost trying to get to the parking lot.

I got in a fight with management and told them I was quitting. I had a lot of stuff there and had to make several trips to load all my stuff in my old VW van. Driving at night was scary as I could hardly see where I was going.

Woke up with a headache.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Least I hope that headache cleared up quickly and that you rest peacefully
Old 10-29-2019, 10:55 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been waking up with a headache more often than usual lately, but my first cup of coffee usually gets rid of it.

And even when I wake up with a headache, I am grateful it's not from drinking. And the first thing I see is Billie right next to me.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have not been remembering my dreams lately, but little bits of them flash back into my waking life. Just a brief flash of a part of my dream, then it's gone.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:56 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was in a house, vacuuming, and having a hard time getting up all the dirt on the floor. I finally finished and then found more dirt so had to get the vacuum out all over again.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:12 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Least, I have noticed that most of your dreams are of frustration. Have you noticed that?
Old 11-28-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, I have.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:55 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I dreamt I was with a family and they were in danger from some 'bad guys'. I was trying to be discreet and signal them to not give away that we were trying to escape them.

The family had their stuff packed in their truck and the bad guys were trying to capture them using trickery. I was trying to communicate to them not to let the bad guys know we were on to them.

They did not listen to me and the bad guys caught them and took all their stuff. I woke up feeling anxious.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was with my youngest (when she was a kid) and she was in school. She was having problems and I was trying to help her. I remember she was in a bathroom and the toilet had overflowed. I told her to report it to the janitor. She said that they would blame her and she'd get in trouble.

She was in a room and was getting ready to go to school and I was gathering money lying on the bed to give her for her school lunch. There was lots of change and a few bills.

I gave her some money for her lunch and took her to school. After I dropped her off I had to go somewhere else. I was worried that I hadn't given her enough money for lunch.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was in an attic and trying to set up a computer on a table. There was a light fixture I had to work around. I was watching music videos on the computer after I got it set up.

There was a window in the wall next to the table and it looked out over the house across the street.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was in my mother's house with two of my girls. They were young and had made quite a mess of mom's house. I was trying to get them ready for bed and clean up the house. I took some laundry downstairs to the basement to start a load of wash. But there was a note on the washer about not using it so I didn't start the wash.

Then my dad came home (???) and I asked him about the note on the washer. He said not to use the washers (she had two).

The kids were ready for bed so I put them in bed and turned on the radio for them.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:46 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another factory dream. I was in the factory working and went upstairs to the women's shower room. I kept forgetting to bring my clothes and shower stuff. There were men in the women's shower room and I yelled at them to get the f out.

Later on, downstairs, I was complaining about that to one of the bosses. We were having some sort of dinner for all the workers. I had to go upstairs to get my things and couldn't find the room where I had put them.

Then took a shower again, and again, yelled at the men wandering in and out of the women's shower room. The other women didn't seem to be bothered by them being there.

My youngest daughter was there also. (??) At the end of my shift I had to find my stuff and was having a hard time finding it.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I was reading from the first of this thread and suddenly realized it started in 2010! It is interesting about your dreams because I hardly ever dream.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:06 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The antidepressant I take - Zoloft - has a side effect of having 'bizarre or unusual thoughts or dreams', and I do have some strange dreams. I can't always remember them when I wake up tho.

I call my strange dreams "The Zoloft Cinema", cause it's like going to the movies when I go to sleep.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:49 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Bits of last night's dream. I was in a large cafeteria, trying to get coffee and not having success.