Notices

bad dream reflects my mental state

Old 08-22-2021, 08:54 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was at someone's house. I was in the kitchen and it was a huge kitchen. It was a mess after dinner, with dishes and pans all over the place. I volunteered to clean it up before their mom got home. I cleaned and washed and wiped and it finally started looking good. I said I had to go home to let Billie out to go potty. I left and went home and let her out. Then I went back to that house. There was a lot of food scraps on the counter and sink. I asked if they had a garbage disposal and they said they did. So I put the food scraps down the drain and turned on the disposal.

The mom came home and was very happy that the kitchen was cleaned up.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:31 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least;[url=tel:2490739
2490739[/url]]woke up out of a dream that I'd just been fired from a new job assignment. I'd been given a two day crash course in my job requirements and my trainer left me alone to do the job myself. I couldn't do it, couldn't get it right, kept backtracking to get things done and wasn't getting anything done or done right.

The trainer came back to find a mess and I was fired. the job was a compilation of several jobs I've had over the years: factory work, a nursing home job, and a couple others. (my dog was even in the dream!)

Under a lot of stress lately and the brakes just went out on my car and no money to fix them. A lot of situations going on over which I have no control. Feeling in a panic about these events and needs and unable to do anything to remedy them.

Some of my coworkers were friends (more were not) and were sympathetic to my situation but no one was willing to stand up in my defense. An odd thing was: the trainer/boss was a famous movie star, now dead, who was well known for his kindness and patience! (none of which he displayed in his 'dream role')

Very easy to see my life reflected in this dream: everything out of my control and being 'blamed' for what I could not do/do right. No one to defend me and being sent away in disgrace from my only source of income. After being fired I was rushing around trying to return items to their correct places but failing miserably. Woke up in a state of anxiety and fear and desperation.
I get where you’re coming from least…I get these bizarre dreams of being lost in the road and can’t find my way home. Just when I think I’m on the right path…I end up in the same spot where I got lost…So frustrating.

The weird dreams don’t come during the first phase of sleep, but during the second sleep phase after I’m up in the middle of the night and get back to sleep 1-2 hours later.

Can totally relate and hope your sleep has gotten much better since.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:02 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Really strange dream. Obama was in my dream and he had a baby. Someone had cut off the baby's hands and I saw them in a sewer and dived in to get them. Then I was on a bus and the person ahead of me was the person who cut off the baby's hands. I told the police and they arrested the person. I gave the hands to the police and hoped they could have the baby's hands sewn back on. Very odd dream...
Old 08-31-2021, 07:11 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt I was working in a factory (the factory again!) and was known as a trouble-maker. I was looking for my shoes and my glasses. I was walking barefoot in the factory. I was trying to get away from the people who didn't like me. I was able to float and accelerate and just move along while I was above the ground. Very odd sensation of floating along. I was moving pretty fast and was able to keep ahead of the people who were chasing me.

I never did find my shoes and glasses.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:29 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Least
Old 09-01-2021, 07:48 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Really strange dream last night. Dreamt that I was working in the factory and there was a guy who seemed interested in me. He invited me to his house and I went. He started drinking as soon as we got to his house. He tried to kiss me but I said no. He lived in some sort of condo, it was a big building and there were lots of people walking around in the lobby.

While we were sitting in his living room, his wife came out of the bedroom and was asking him (loudly) who the hell I was and why was I there. He said I was a friend from work. She was shrieking at him to get me out of there. So we left and I asked him to take me home. He was quite drunk by then. His wife came with us on the ride home. It was snowing and the roads were terrible. I asked him to let me drive as he kept having near-accidents. His wife was yelling at him to stop the car. The snow was blinding and it was hard to see where we were going.

I got to know his wife and we got along very well. (???) She was a long-suffering woman who had put up with his drinking for years.

When the three of us were leaving the condo, the neighbors all yelled at him about who was I and why was I there. There was also some sort of contest about a frog who lived in the pond out front. There was a bet as to when she'd have babies. For some reason, they chose this guy to pay the bet because the frog had her babies in his dwelling. (???) He was arguing that he shouldn't have to pay.

The ride home was awful, skidding on the snow covered roads. I was sitting in the back seat with his wife and child. (??) The police stopped him at one point and told him to let his wife drive cause he was drunk.

That's when I woke up. The dream felt like it was really happening and it was a surprise when I woke up in my own bed with Billie next to me. Strange dream.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:00 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another really weird dream. I was at dk's house and she lent me her van. I was trying to smuggle some marijuana out of her house (??) and kept getting thwarted by visitors to her house. The van's windshield was so dirty I could hardly see the road. I kept trying to clean it but was told to leave it as it was, that it was fine. I said, no it's not fine, I can't see to drive! I was going to drive her van to get home but then I'd have to turn around and drive it back to her house - then how would I get home again?? Very odd dream...
Old 09-05-2021, 07:23 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Really strange dream. Dreamt that my mom was still living at home and my kid sister was still a toddler. I went over to mom's house to take kid sis to daycare and mom wasn't doing very well. She was hoarding stuff, like empty kleenex boxes and newspapers. Her house had been rearranged with her bed in what used to be the kitchen. There were shelves full of empty kleenex boxes and newspapers piled up everywhere. I took kid sister to daycare and was telling them that mom was 'losing it' and they said they couldn't have kid sis there that day. So I took her back to mom's house.

Inbetween all this I stopped at the factory and asked them to please pay me for the work I'd done, and was owed several thousand dollars. Went back to mom's house and was trying to tell her that she was hoarding and that was a bad habit. I told her I was going to put all the empty kleenex boxes in the recycle bin.

I tried to clean up her house but kept getting interrupted.

Woke up with a headache.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:17 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Two strange dreams last night. The first one was me and the kids battling head lice, a battle that we had several times when they were little.

The second one was with dk (youngest kid) and that she had an admirer in her school. This kid would send notes home with her about wanting to date her. He even came to our apt to ask me if he could take her out. At one point I got in his car and he drove me somewhere, altho I was scared to death when he took a curve too fast and nearly went over a cliff.

In the apt I had to take a shower cause there was a school program that night. The shower was in the kitchen and there wasn't even a curtain for privacy. The girls' dad was there and said he had to take a shower too so asked me to hurry up. We went to the school performance and I met the boy's parents and told them of his insane driving and that I would not let dk go anywhere with him due to my harrowing experience riding with him.

Woke up and was glad I was in my own bed and that it was just a dream.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:35 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was working in a factory and for some reason, we had to leave. I ended up carrying a ferret/cat/guinea pig (??) to rescue it from ?? We had to walk a long way in the factory to get to the door to the outside. I wanted to take the public transit to get home but it was a long walk to get to it.
Old 09-20-2021, 07:47 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Scary dream. I was being chased or stalked by a man. I was trying desperately to get away from him but he kept finding me.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:12 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

I don't like those at all. I remembered part of a dream this morning, now I forget it. I have to get in practice to remember them.
Least, take good care of yourself.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:57 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The awful part of that dream is that I tried to scream, but my voice wouldn't scream, it just came out in a whisper.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:26 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Oh no! That is really the pits! Almost like one of those dreams where you feel kind of paralyzed.
Have a wonderful dream world tonight, my friend.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:49 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

least, d'you think watching Twilight Zone last thing inspires some bad dreams?
Old 09-20-2021, 08:53 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't think it does, as I have strange dreams and not so strange dreams, whether or not I watch it. Also I watch the happier episodes before bed, like "Night of the Meek" and other fanciful ones. I don't watch the scary ones before bed.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:49 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Frustrating dream. Was in my old house (??) and was trying to get dk (youngest daughter) to clean up her room, or at least, her part of the room. She was cleaning very sloppily and unwillingly. Her dad was in the room with us and was cleaning up stuff. I was also cleaning and putting things away.

I asked her dad if he would please start on cleaning the kitchen while I cleaned the basement (the ground floor of our house). He didn't want to do it but grudgingly did it anyway. I started vacuuming the downstairs and putting stuff away.

Checked on dk and she had barely done anything. I yelled at her to get busy and clean up the mess in her room. She didn't want to do anything and was barely making an effort.

I was frustrated cause the room, as well as the whole house, was a mess and I wanted it cleaned up.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:23 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

was working in a factory was wearing my good clothes and got oil on them in the dream i wasnt in pain
Old 10-26-2021, 08:06 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The other night, when I was still in the hospital, I dreamt of the Andy Griffith show. Only my brother's priest at his church was Andy Griffith.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:10 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Last night Rusty was in my dream. I was with some people, including a little kid, and suddenly RZ appeared around a corner. The little kid was delighted as Rusty had been his idol. In the dream I knew that Rusty was dead but was still glad to see him again.