Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 123

Old 04-07-2023, 01:18 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Morning all

Grateful on this sunny morning for a day off. Had planned to work on my essay but no, I reckon I deserve a day off :-)

Grateful to be sober and cigarette-free. I'm no longer counting days with the cigs now. I'm quit and it feels so good!
Grateful that a friend suggested the cinema tomorrow night
Grateful for sobriety podcasts. Currently hooked on a good one called Sober Awkward
Grateful for a nice chat with the head of my college yesterday on the stairs
Grateful to the divine (and I couldn't possible tell you what I mean by that but it's important in my life)
Grateful that I've never gone hungry in my life
Grateful to be alive, here, now and all the possibilities of that

Samwitch – roosters - sounds like a great way to wake up

CBS – hope your body is feeling more rested now

Tursiops – yes, boundaries are SO important. I’ve learned this slowly over the last few years

Hev – cleaning ceiling fans. Never have I ever lol. You have my deep respect!

Alpine – sounds like a lovely selection of birds at your feeder. Where I am it’s just varying shades of grey-brown. But hey, all birds are welcome

FBL – loving your profile pic

Numblady – “that we all stumbled into SR and the GP by whatever means” – you’re so right there

Zencat – lovely post

Fearless – hope the speech went well

and love to everyone else

Old 04-07-2023, 02:16 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for this sunny but crisp day.
I'm grateful to wake up hangover free and looking forward to another sober day.
I'm grateful for my health and the 14lbs I lost since giving sobriety a go.
I'm grateful for my sister and the walk in the sunshine we're going on today.
I'm grateful to no longer being in a toxic workplace.
I'm grateful for my home which in the past 3 years have woken up grateful for every day because it's MINE.
Im grateful for SR and all of the kind inclusive people here.

Old 04-07-2023, 02:30 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for my sobriety
CB, nature is my church as well. I find so much peace in it
Hevyn, oh my gosh yes to being paranoid. Glad that is over
Grateful after today I will have another week of radiation done
Grateful Riley pup will be getting groomed today. He is such a fluff ball right now
Grateful for what Mr. A and I call are the french fry heaters in our new house. They are the heaters in the bathroom in the ceiling near the shower that I stand under after a shower to stay warm.
Old 04-07-2023, 02:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 04-07-2023, 04:27 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Yes, that's little me in my avi. I'm grateful that, despite growing up with an alcoholic father, that I have a lot of happy childhood memories. BTW, even though the bunny is long gone, I still have that little chair!

Grateful for all the support during a time of grief. Grateful that my friend so openly shared her recovery with so many others.

Grateful that the future of our little book publishing company is looking bright ahead!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-07-2023, 04:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Aww FBL that is an awesome avi and sweet memory.
Zen agree with others. Loved your post. And like Turs noted—spelunking with Marcus Aurelius — so awesome.
Overforty, good to see you again
Free, that is so cool about your mom and the drafting. Thanks to you and Zencat, i had to go learn what HO Scale is. Fascinating!
Turs, respect for others’ beliefs seems like pretty good dogma to me.
Jack, so true on never going hungry. What an amazing blessing so many do not have.
Happy Friday everyone!

Grateful
- for all the talk of the spiritual and the divine. It resonates.
- we are getting so much rain (only complaint—my dog refuses to go out and do her business so then I worry about her…silly I know but I’ve never shied away from silly brain activity)
- a sweet and supportive meeting last night. There were only 4 of us. Heard a beautiful share and then also got some support when we talked after.
- I am working with the hematologist. Hopefully it’s not anything major but if I got an explanation for feeling so tired that would be nice.
- should be a quiet day on the work front as so many are marking religious holiday
- for hot coffee
- for this group.
Old 04-07-2023, 06:02 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Turs I grew up Unitarian. But we did not go much. Was also married by a Unitarian minister.
Jack I like Sober Awkward too.
Over forty good to see you. Glad you are not in a toxic workplace anymore.
Alpine how nice Riley is getting groomed. Sarge needs a bath. It really hurts my back so hoping my daughter can do it.
FBL my dad was an alcoholic too. But "highly functional". He was not a mean drunk though he would pass out at the dinner table sometimes. We lost him too soon to a GBM brain tumor at 59. He really was a sweet man and I miss him so much.
NL I hope you get answers from the hematologist.

Grateful for a rainy day. Cooling off 40 degrees from yesterday. Lots of indoor things to do. Plus my granddaughter is here.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for a good night's sleep. 8 hours!
Grateful for a relaxed morning with said granddaughter.
Grateful for hearing the birds even through the rain.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Grateful for
Old 04-07-2023, 06:20 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning, peeps!

Grateful for —

* coffee
*making more bread and cookies yesterday
*getting a call for an interview next week 🪄🎁
*finishing my hike write-ups for active group
*for a semi nice day forecast today
*for beauty day (hair, nails)
Old 04-07-2023, 07:39 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning all-
Grateful for:
a quiet work day
one massive work project completed and sent today, such a relief it's done
a wonderful neighbor who dropped by last night with Easter goodies--so sweet
also grateful I didn't eat all the above Easter yummies in one setting
Old 04-07-2023, 09:11 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Morning GP

Free -- Your mom is my hero now! . She is a pioneer breaking into 'boys club' of a male dominated business world. Good on her! I am and have been for decades a strong supporter of women's equal rights in the workplace. As well a equality worldwide in everyday living. You women have so much to offer the world to make it a better place. Be a warrior, assert yourself to be heard and respected. Rember, you CAN do hard things.
Fearless -- Glad the parent control is working out with the boy.
Numb -- You can do hard physiological deep cleaning. I have processed (examined their source, experience the feelings from memory and sensation of the trama) over and over. Now the trama has lost its 'sting' to where I can 'let go; of its power over me. I still have a infrequent flare ups that can be snuffed out with my 'recovery tools'.

To all GPers, I here for if you need to rap. with me

Gratitude --

-- to balance my recovery needs with the demands of daily life.
-- morning happy time with kitty. flip the string on the end of the stick game. He cap pick up the toy and bring it to me when he is in a playful mood.
-- Ry kitty for reminding me to play...good boy
-- to be able to take on the day. Drunk me takes the day off.
-- my simulative spirituality for guidance, connection, confort, and joy.

Old 04-07-2023, 09:23 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning. Drive-by grat this morning, on the way to a meeting with friends.
Grateful for my mind quieting down a bit and allowing me to sleep.
Grateful for music practice last night.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:35 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tursiops - So many are not attending church. I like some of the old traditions, but your church sounds very appealing.
Jack - It is a horrible task, I tell ya. Dust cascades down & gets everywhere. Congrats on your freedom from cigs!
Overforty - It's wonderful to see you so positive.
Alpine - My Google too! I was lost without the card catalog at first, but now I'd be so annoyed to do it old school.
Grateful for the four seasons - I do love them all in their own way.
Grateful for happy memories of Easter & Spring without the sadness. (Most of my family is gone now, except my sister.)
Grateful for our sweet little Finches that are turning bright yellow.
Grateful to be here with you.
Old 04-08-2023, 01:44 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Morning all

Grateful for a week off
Grateful for more sunshine
Grateful to have plans tonight. Off to the cinema with a mate
Grateful for a message from a friend I haven't seen for a while
Grateful for another day

Have a good day all
Old 04-08-2023, 01:59 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for my sobriety
FBL, that is great news
NL, I hope you find some relief from being tired all of the time
CB, hope you had a Fun day with your granddaughter. My mother was an alcoholic. It was not a fun house to grow up in.
Free, good luck with the interview
Sam, congrats on getting the big project done. That is great and must be a relief
Hevyn, I like having 4 seasons too
Jack, have a great day
Grateful for a weekend without appointments
Grateful for more visitors to our bird feeder
Grateful Mr. A found our bird identification books that were packed away from the move
Grateful for the hard maple candy from a local apple mill.
Grateful Riley got groomed. He is such a handsome boy
Old 04-08-2023, 02:01 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

][/url]
Old 04-08-2023, 03:06 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for Alpine's picture posts. They always make me smile.

Grateful for a great discussion on my buddy's podcast yesterday. I never get tired of talking about recovery!

Grateful for all of you!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-08-2023, 04:53 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Yes, agree with FBL. love the Alpine memes! So true about the vacuum.
Sam, congrats on getting the work project completed. Such a good feeling!
Jack oooh nice on the week off.
Zen, yes to taking on the day in sobriety!

Grateful
- my daughter indulged me and we watched Little Miss Sunshine together. Definitely some highly inappropriate content for her age but on balance, I think it was ok.
- it is not raining. I am still grateful for the rain we got — but I’m also happy it’s not doing that now.
- my printer started working again yesterday. Not that i fixed it mind you but that its self will somehow kicked back in or the printer gremlins left it or whatever. Don’t print a lot but it’s annoying when i can’t!
- for a meeting today
- for being able to go to the store and pretty much buy whatever groceries I felt like buying
- the hilarious and dysfunctional relationship of my giant dog (dying to play with little cat; cries and whines every time he comes near and tries to stay still but her behind and tail will be wagging so much) and my little cat (streaks through room; sometimes goes right up near her face; will not play other than to mess with her by not playing with her).
- sweatpants and by sweatpants i don’t even mean sweatpants because those kind of have a waistband. I mean the serious athleisure wear with super loose elastic band and draw string)
- cast iron skillets
- a call from a sober sister when I could actually talk.
- all of you here.
Old 04-08-2023, 06:33 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hello Grat Pack. So nice to wake up on a Saturday morning with no hangxiety. I love mornings now.
NL I am so grateful too that I can afford my groceries. And I am saving so much by not putting half a case of wine in the cart to get me through the weekend!
Alpine I love my bird books. I even have one that has bird songs in it. Was trying to figure out a birdsong yesterday but still have not identified it.
Jack enjoy your week off. I am going to the beach in early May for a week. Can't wait!
Hev I love all 4 seasons too and glad we get them here. One reason I don't want to live in Florida where my family(what is left of it) lives.
Turs glad your mind is quieting down and you can get some sleep.
Zen it's nice to get support from you on women's equality.
Sam congrats on finishing the big work project.
Free good luck on the interview next week.

Grateful I went back to sleep this morning and got a few more zzzs.
Grateful as always for my half caff oat milk latte.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for a nice birthday celebration with my middle daughter last night. No alcohol even though my daughters do occasionally drink.
Grateful for my rescue kitty, Patty. She was originally my youngest daughter's but we adopted her. She is starting to trust me more and more and will get on my lap. But she hates to be picked up and carried. Used to have a siamese himalayan mix that would ride around on my shoulder.
Grateful for a free Saturday. Gym, laundry, relaxation is on the docket. Probably some other project. Too rainy again for outdoor projects.

Here is my bird song book.

Old 04-08-2023, 06:56 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning-
CBS--I have the Merlin Bird ID app on my phone--also from the Cornell Lab. I love being able to identify birds by their song.

Speaking of that-
wow was I grateful to wake up this morning to birds singing, grateful to wake up with no hangxiety(however coined that word was spot on) and with a peaceful feeling.
grateful also for a holiday weekend that is also peaceful, I am going to take Monday off to extend it as well
grateful to be meeting up with a friend for lunch at a restaurant I've always wanted to try.

Old 04-08-2023, 07:40 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Turps, I love the disorganized type of religion 😊 Respect for others for sure. I think my religion is sobriety and wellness. It just about covers everything. Sobriety isn’t just about abstaining from alcohol. It’s about abstaining from anything harmful to me, and it’s about emotional health and responsibility too
CBS, my cats are too lazy to chase mice. Lol
Free, glad for memories of your mom. Glad your daughter got through a horrific accident. How terrible to remember that every year. I’m glad she is above ground
Grateful to think of my mom too. 3/25 was the anniversary of her death - 16 years. But Easter Sunday was the day we spread her ashes in Monterey Bay. It was beautiful. My Dad let me do it. I remember it vividly, her ashes blended with rose petals. I will think of her this weekend
Grateful I got through my toastmasters speech the other night. Not awesome and not awful. I was over prepared and did not feel it flowed naturally. I looked at my notes too much, I thought. The feedback was good though, a lot positive, with constructive feedback too. Good reminder to myself that we are our own harshest critics and others don’t notice the negative things we see in ourselves, or not as much. Grateful for the positive inspiration I get from my TM club. One gals feedback to me was that she appreciated my vulnerability and authenticity as it inspires other people to be honest about themselves too. Hadn’t thought about it like that but I totally agree, and I’m glad if my speech topic helped so,e one else.
Grateful my 4 hour meeting went well. I decided not to do a meeting summary this time. Too much work and I’d rather do something else. No one noticed. Lol 😂
Grateful to make progress on an article
Grateful to be watching my diet better, though I must confess I discovered Crumbl Cookie, new here in my area. omG!
Grateful sonny boy is on spring break. But since we don’t have big plans, I hope he doesn’t bug me next week too much. I’ll probably go to the office or coffee shop a few days to work
Grateful to be taking sonny boy to Nike today
Grateful to also get a bunch of things for the garden and to start on it. Rearranging some patio stuff too
Grateful for sunshiny weather!
grateful for you!