Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 123

Old 04-05-2023, 07:48 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful for SR.
Grateful the storms last night didn't amount to much.
Grateful for a new day ahead of me.
Grateful the youngest mowed yesterday.
Grateful for yummy healthy food in the house.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi all!
I am so grateful to wake up to birds singing and roosters crowing. I love living where I do.

Also grateful for an unexpected helper-sometimes good things come out of the blue to surprise us.
Old 04-05-2023, 09:05 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

((Free)) I hope the pain subsides soon. Is it your mouth?
Alpine so glad you got good news about surgery no. 1.
NL and Hev I stumbled on SR too and am so grateful.
NL so glad mon and sis were so helpful. Glad you had a nice visit. Reminds me of when my mom would visit she would ask where my mending pile was and mend all the things that needed mending. I miss her so for so many reasons. I still think of calling her all the time when I want to share things about life. She has been gone almost a year!
Zen I love the phrase "feel it to heal it".
Fearless the great thing about a bad haircut is it grows back!
Turs I am glad you have so much time with family.
Citrus I am glad your cravings are low.
Hello to all.

Grateful for my veggie burger and avocado sandwich.
Grateful my husband went to a hockey game last night and I had time to myself to binge watch :Workin' Moms" on Netflix. Hilarious but poignant too.
Grateful for a birthday lunch with family yesterday for my middle child. 33 years old!
Grateful my new attitude on the tennis court is paying off. More winning and more enjoyment.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful I heard from the landscape company about upcoming project for my wild and overgrown back yard.
Grateful I canceled a tennis lesson today. My body needs to rest. So many aches and pains.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 04-05-2023, 09:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

((Free)) I hope the pain subsides soon. Is it your mouth?
Alpine so glad you got good news about surgery no. 1.
NL and Hev I stumbled on SR too and am so grateful.
NL so glad mon and sis were so helpful. Glad you had a nice visit. Reminds me of when my mom would visit she would ask where my mending pile was and mend all the things that needed mending. I miss her so for so many reasons. I still think of calling her all the time when I want to share things about life. She has been gone almost a year!
Zen I love the phrase "feel it to heal it".
Fearless the great thing about a bad haircut is it grows back!
Turs I am glad you have so much time with family.
Citrus I am glad your cravings are low.
Hello to all.

Grateful for my veggie burger and avocado sandwich.
Grateful my husband went to a hockey game last night and I had time to myself to binge watch :Workin' Moms" on Netflix. Hilarious but poignant too.
Grateful for a birthday lunch with family yesterday for my middle child. 33 years old!
Grateful my new attitude on the tennis court is paying off. More winning and more enjoyment.
Grateful I heard from the landscape company about upcoming project for my wild and overgrown back yard.
Grateful I canceled a tennis lesson today. My body needs to rest. So many aches and pains.
Old 04-05-2023, 09:06 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

double post
Old 04-05-2023, 10:08 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Alpine, I'm glad you got some good news, and that you're getting through those radiation treatments.
So good to read everyone's updates.
Grateful this morning for 8 hrs sleep, first time in awhile.
Grateful to be figuring out how to set boundaries to reduce my stress.
Grateful for help from friends.
Grateful for more time with the babies last night. Very sweet.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:37 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - I rinse the spoon off Happy you have another treatment done! Thank God for the all clear.
Free - I'm sorry you had a painful day. Not fair.
NL - Yes! I had googled "Health issues for heavy drinkers" - was not willing to call myself an alcoholic back then. The top search answer was part of a thread here. Seemed like not a coincidence.
Zen - We cherish you, too.
Grateful for more sun, birds, warmer temps. Wish the insects would stay out of my yard - but I know they're necessary.
Grateful laundry is done, 'til the next time.
Grateful spring cleaning was started - did the dreaded ceiling fans - 4 of 'em.
Grateful MrH went to the grocery store & handled the responsibility nicely.
Grateful for our dear Grat thread.
Old 04-06-2023, 02:54 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful for the homemade rub I put on my chicken before grilling it. yumm, grilled chicken with a salad
Grateful for several new birds at my birdfeeder. Downy, purple finch, yellow finch, chickadees.
Grateful for a warmer day yesterday
Hevyn, per the Dr's orders no house cleaning for 6 weeks. I guess that would means spring cleaning too..lol
Grateful for another day
Old 04-06-2023, 02:57 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

][/url]
Old 04-06-2023, 03:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-06-2023, 04:25 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Fearless, that really sounds like a dream I would have! Speaking of crazy dreams I had one I got in such a bad mood that instead of doing a normal warm up for a work out, I blasted some kind of hip hop and then was basically twerking and I don’t even know how to explain it, almost a finale of Little Miss Sunshine vibe. And then my sister came and joined me and we both jumped and gyrated like a couple of maniacs. May need to start warming up like that IRL!
Zencat, love feel it to heal it. Sometimes I’m still not sure how to actually feel the feelings even if consciously I want to — but I’m working on it.
CBS, I can imagine your mom doing the mending pile. Such a kind and patient act..

Grateful
- my parents are giving me so much financial support
- for some great stand up on Netflix, including the Mae Miller special. It gave me little tidbits of actual life lessons and now I think of anyone revealing their humanity as showing me their snow globe. If you’ve seen it this will make sense.
- for coffee
- for limited meetings today
- for rain overnight and today
- that my dog is being a very good girl (mostly) on walks
- for all the amazing content on YouTube. Sure there is lots of junk but lots of incredible info too
- that we all stumbled into SR and the GP by whatever means.
Old 04-06-2023, 06:38 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Thumbs up

Turs -- Boundary setting is a job and a half. Standing up for yourself is the only way to live. I was a doormat before I enter recovery. My generosity was mistaken a weakness and I paid the price in more ways that one. Turs give yourself 10 gold stars of self-worth points for you hard work
Hevyn -- I'm a nature lover. Birds are the best. So smart these little critters, I have hummingbirds here buzzing around like a massive flying insect. Big flying bugs freak the frick out of me. I do the arm swing bug swatting dance around maneuvers and screech like a child
Alpine -- keep the humor flowing. Being silly is my sanity default mode. My very own antics as I navigate daily life have me laughing at myself. Rule 62
Numb --When I remember my dreams I often think: What was that about? I'm convinced that the dream me and the real me live in different universes. Multiverse...LOL. such a disconnect from reality in my dreams. Dream me is flying in the air, winning an oyster eating contest on top a thunderstorm and then go spelunking with Marcus Aurelius. Oooo I have robots in my dreams. They constantly break down????
the everyone else I missed. Catch you next round

Prepared the front room for my two tables that will be the start of my HO scale layout, Almost messed up my back by not following lifting safety. Back pain last night was scarry. I have had back spasms before because of heavy lifting done the wrong way. Nasty imbolizing condition that makes any possible movement potential cry worthy pain. No no no got away with it this time, Being careful next Grateful for OTC pain relievers

Grateful --

-- my spelling has been getting a little better with writing more. Thanks to SR.
-- Ry kitty the master of better mood maker for me. Sober me is more kitty play ready. drunk my was in no mood for play. Sorry Ry boy.
-- to be at ease about my troublesome past. Serenity prayer success story there.
-- to feel growth and accomplishment inspires by all my wonderful friends here GP and around SR.
-- to define for myself what a friend is. Ignoring those that want to push their concepts of friendship upon me only to be judged my them in the end.
-- to express my feeling in a healthy way.
-- sobriety. I now want to live fully in my life and not just endure it.
Old 04-06-2023, 06:46 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hev, you just reminded me I gotta out the clothes in the dryer. Thank you!
Numblady, lol about the dream. Glad your parents are helping you!
Alpine, that chicken rub. Delish! Hope you are feeling good today
CBS, I gotta watch working moms. Someone else also told me about it
Turps, me too on the boundaries. I’m going through some work stuff again where this is important
Zen, love your whole post. So contemplative and insightful!
Grateful to finish all the Harry Potter movies and finally move on
Grateful sonny boy cleaned the cat boxes. He still has to be told. But at least he’s getting to it
Grateful to be prepared for my meeting today. It will be four hours
Grateful to be giving a Tam speech tonight though I’m nervous
Old 04-06-2023, 07:09 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Zen, my mum used to design HO scale trains. She was one of the first US female draftsoersons.🚞🚞

Hev and Alpine, i get a new spoon 🥄🥄🥄

Fearless, i had a dream about flying too, it was yucky. Glad they were just dreams

Citrus, glad to see you again!

NL, please send your mom, she’ll like the Rocky Mountains (enjoy every moment, they leave us too quickly sometimes ((((CBS)))))

CBS, thinking of you this month

Alpine, I LOVE your memes……Do you spend $$$$$$$$ subscribing?

Turs, glad you got sleep. My church ended up getting so messed up, I left. It was a good run for 23 years though. Now my religion is spirituality and I can’t swallow organized religion too much anymore.

FBL, hope you are letting the sadness feelings come and go as you surf through your grief.

Hope I have NOT missed anyone…

♥️🤓
Old 04-06-2023, 07:20 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Mouth is still bleeding from oral surgery
Job prospect was hot, now being ghosted (ageism or blacklisted, one or both)
Anniversary of my daughters horrific accident, bittersweet

Okay, no more whining

Grateful
*for a memory jog of my mums career in drafting💼👜
*for said daughter, whose every day above ground and off the streets is a blessing⛪️
*for hubby, getting us a mini getaway next weekend to play golf⛳️
*for hubby, who confused zucchini with cucumber in fridge when he made dinner last night. (Sautéed cucumber with Italian herbs tastes like…..CUCUMBER 🤢😵‍💫😅
*for hubby, who is my solid rock🏔️
*for coffee☕️
*for a few nights sleep, one more, before the next lousy renter comes in tomorrow (jerk owner upstairs left early because of the “storm” Tuesday😴
Old 04-06-2023, 07:28 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi all
Grateful for:
the gym, I love it, especially when I'm done!
my cats who just ousted a mouse from the garage
same cats, who later decided they needed to climb up my curtains, brats, lol
Old 04-06-2023, 07:59 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Zen, happy to hear your parents are helping you out
Turs, I have been working hard on setting boundaries. It's a new skill for me but worth it
Free, no I don't spend any money on them. I am too cheap. Plus I did not even know it was a thing you could do
Old 04-06-2023, 09:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Turs 8 hours sleep sounds divine. I think I averag 7 or 6.5. My husband needs more for some reason.
Hev we have done some Spring cleaning. Like vacuuming under the bed. Wow there were some scary dust bunnies under there.
Alpine I love seeing new birds. Trying to identify them all.
FBL adorable pic. Is that you with the bunny?
NL I don't know Mae Miller. Will check her out.
Zen so glad you have Ry kitty to cheer you up and keep you company.
Fearless a 4 hour meeting. Whoa.
Free I consider myself spiritual as well. Nature is my church.
Samwitch good on you for going to the gym. I need to go more often. But I prefer hiking and tennis.
Hello to all!

Grateful for my leftover GF cheese and broccoli quiche.
Grateful for Thursday(my Friday)
Grateful that tomorrow I keep my granddaughter for 6 hours. It is going to rain so I need to come up with some fun indoor stuff to do. One might be the grocery store.
Grateful for tennis after work today.
Grateful that I am making small changes in my diet to hopefully lose a few pounds.
Grateful for the deer and pileated woodpecker we saw on a walk yesterday. Also heard a barred owl but could not find him.
Old 04-06-2023, 10:28 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Free - I must know - how did the erroneously sauteed cuke taste? Very cool about your clever mama.
Alpine - That meme is very true. It's been a long time since I've had a friend like that. We've all become so serious it seems.
CBS - Vacuuming under the bed - thanks for the reminder. We have carpet in bedrooms so it's not as obvious when there are bunnies. I love Owls & their haunting call.
FBL - Such a sweet Avatar.
Grateful for natural peanut butter - the kind you have to stir.
Grateful I'm less paranoid when sober.
Grateful for happy memoires of Easter. I don't have many Easter decorations, but did put a few things around. Good-bye 'til next time, Winter.
Grateful for you all.

Old 04-06-2023, 10:48 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Zen - 'spelunking with Marcus Aurelius' --
Free, the good thing about my 'church' is it is not organized religion, it's spirituality (UU). One could even call it disorganized religion ... no dogma, no creed. We have people of many faiths or no faith. So I guess the flipside of the disorganization that sometimes drives me nuts, is the freedom and open-mindedness. Not intending to veer into religion, and hope I have not offended anyone here. The one dogma that I do follow, is respect for other peoples' beliefs (and non-beliefs).
Sam, glad your cats have ousted the mouse.
CBS, grateful for your sighting of pileated woodpecker and hearing a barred owl.
Alpine, yay on the visitors to your birdfeeder!
Grateful I took some time to paint this morning.
Grateful for music practice tonight.