Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 121

Old 01-07-2023, 04:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

CB, sorry to hear about the root canal. Blah
Free, have fun AT skiing! It's a blast. You should look into hut to hut skiing if you haven't already
Grateful Mr. A went to the house last night and "approved" of the white I found and approved of most of the others. He want to wait until daylight to see one of them. Ahhh, my color blind Mr. A..
Grateful it should finally be sunny
Oh, my MIL wanted to check out the colors so she and I drove over there yesterday and she likes the ones I picked. Mr. A said I should take that as a compliment
Grateful for all of you
Old 01-07-2023, 05:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Grateful for humidifier at night so my youth is eternal 😁😂
Grateful for coffee
Grateful the renters upstairs went to bed by 11
Grateful I’m sticking to my guns about not skiing onnweekends
Grayeful my AT skiing went well, one fall, and not because of my impaired sight….. I forgot to change my boots to downhill mode.😜🤓
Grateful I slept fairly well
Grateful today is a long snowshoe
Grateful for all of you
Old 01-07-2023, 05:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Old 01-07-2023, 05:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Free good to see you back. Have a great time skiing. What is AT skiing? I hope your vision is improving.
Alpine glad you got your MIL's approval on the colors.

Grateful for more tennis today.
Grateful to babysit this afternoon. My daughter is taking her state massage license exam. She passed the school exam already which is supposedly much harder.
Grateful for Saturday.
Grateful my husband and I are going to the beach next weekend. Got an oceanfront hotel room with credit card points.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful my world traveling son has made it to Singapore.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 01-07-2023, 06:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Free, AT skiing sounds so interesting - like a hybrid of alpine and cross country? My older son is skiing in Quebec right now with his college ski club, and we haven't heard from him much which I'm taking as a good sign? Thank God for Life 360.
Alpine, that's great about the progress in choosing paint colors, always so much more complicated than it seems!
CBS, enjoy the oceanfront hotel, that sounds amazing.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for my comfortable bed, and good sleep.
Grateful for the assisted living place where my parents are living. Despite all my dad's complaints, they really do try to work with us and don't nickel and dime us. Grateful I was able to get my Mom's apartment more organized in preparation for her to be discharged to hospice. Grateful hospice should provide some more resources, although I know there will still be gaps that I need to fill.
Grateful to be truly thinking about prioritizing self-care, and actually following through most of the time lately.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Free, such beautiful picks!
CBS, sorry to hear about the root canal. Glad you are getting away
Turps, I need to do that too - get out for a drive. I’ve got to get out of this house! I love my house but I’ve done nothing all week except stay indoors
Alpine, so nice when the Mrs approve
Palmer, hospice isn’t so wonderful and amazing. I hope you will take advantage of everything the agency offers including grief therapy. We grieve long before our parents are gone. In dementia, e grieve as they progressively lose themselves. Hopefully hospice will help you with your goals for self care ❤️
Grateful to enjoy the new living room arrangement. I know I already talked about it but I just can’t stop. I truly love it. Sitting there looking directly out at the view feels like resort living. While the mountain and trees block a full view of the sunset, last night Mr F and I sat in there and watched the sky turn pink 🌅
Grateful to go to the library yesterday for the first time in years. Used to take sonny boy. But now I decided I’m going to start checking out books instead of loading up my kindle then half the time not finishing the books. Lol. I’ll be checking out movies too instead of renting on streaming services.
Grateful to watch the Glass Onion last night. A fun cute movie with some good messages too
Grateful to be meeting up with my friend this morning to walk and go downtown shopping
Grateful to catch up on Yellowstone
Grateful for an amazing sleep! We got a heated blanket for ourselves for Xmas and I think this is helping
Grateful for all of you!
Old 01-07-2023, 09:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Free - How pretty - fresh & crispy. I need a humidifier too - my skin is fried.
Fearless - New liv. rm. set up sounds lovely. I wish our sunrise/sunset views weren't blocked by trees or other stuff.
Grateful we aren't buried in snow, but I don't care for the rain, mud, & clouds. Grateful to be here no matter what the weather, though.
Grateful for the chocolate/marshmallow/peppermint ice cream that helped settle my stomach. Will keep on hand for medicinal purposes.
Grateful we are all doing the best we can with some challenging things happening in our lives. Much love to you all.

Old 01-07-2023, 02:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Late to the party today, but grateful to read all your updates.
Grateful to have my grandson here for the day. He's my little pal.
Grateful he went right to sleep at naptime. I need this break even if he doesn't
Grateful I got out a little yesterday and saw a new-to-me bird, Black Skimmer. Very cool, saw three of them flying just above the water surface, skimming the water with their lower beaks.
Grateful for Mr. T's family being my family now.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

AT skiing is having super lightweight skies that are wide enough for downhill and powder, with special bindings for going uphill (heel is free of ski), and can click in heel for downhill.

Most all of AT skiing is off piste, meaning off groomed areas and in powder.

Alpine has had some great pics of her and husband going on mountains with these, it’s a great way to get away from the crowds, and be in THE NOW.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Free, you should try Tele skiing..Free the heel ...Free the spirt. It is quieter too, no clicking of the binding.
Grateful we got some painting done, we still have a ways to go
Grateful MIL got a baked chicken from the store for dinner so that when we came back from the house I did not have to cook, I just made salads. After dinner we headed back. We spent about 8 hour painting
Grateful we will do the walls today in the master bedroom
Grateful I slept fairly well.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Free, be careful with those tree wells.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

PS, sounds like you are handling a difficult change well. I’m still sorry you are going through it. It can’t be easy.
Free, glad to see you back and thanks for the pics!
Fearless, maybe I should check out the movies at the library too. I have found that I now will only read ebooks on kindle app. I just can’t make myself read it if I have to hold the book up, that’s how lazy i am! ours also has a great ebook program but I found I could never read fast enough and felt super stressed trying to make the deadline even with extensions. So now I give myself the gift of buying the book and being able to electronically highlight it and stuff. But the movies are a great idea!
Lots more I’m forgetting but hi and love to all!

Grateful for a kind of cool Saturday night where my daughter had a screaming, giggling party for her bday and I worked in the garage to assemble this confounded weight bench.
Grateful I got help on setting it up yesterday but didn’t let my friend do it all because I want to learn.
Grateful to learn a new term “wasband” for was my husband
Grateful that even though I am maddeningly slow and don’t know basics, I am learning more about tools and how to use them.
Grateful I could comfort my daughter when she was freaking out at almost 3 am because she couldn’t sleep. I was awake anyway. Of course now I am very tired but hopefully I can sneak in a nap.
Grateful I can take my daughter to get fitted for pointe shoes this afternoon, that her teacher was willing to meet us there for the fitting and give of her own time, and for my parents having helped me with some $$$ because this dance lifestyle is $$$$$.
Grateful for Hev and her medicinal ice cream
Grateful for each and every one of you, and all our absent members who have come and gone for various reasons.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:43 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

NL, I love that you're learning all these new things - so cool, and a total inspiration!
Turs, so happy that Mr. T's family has become your own, I'm positive they are so grateful to have you too.
Hev, that medicinal ice cream sounds awesome!!
Alpine, painting in the new year sounds so gratifying even though it's a ton of work.
So funny that we're talking about the library, when I first got sober I went back to old NYT bestseller lists and blew through e-books like crazy - I had all of that time when I would normally be checked out from drinking!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful the hospital agreed to keep my mom for one more day, to be able to sort out getting her new meds and connect with the hospice nurse immediately.
Grateful for the interesting conversations I've had with the "sitters" that are in the room with my mom (REALLY going to miss that hospital support!) I learned about Nepal and Sudan over the past couple of days.
Grateful that my older son is back from Canada, safe and sound. I really hope he had a good time, he said he did.
Grateful my quest for self care continues (Fearless, I really hope hospice will be a great benefit for my mom and the rest of the family. I know it will also be awkward with my dad and brother, because none of us like to discuss difficult things with each other, but maybe we can each connect with seperate counselors).
Grateful to be sober.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Fearless have you watched any of the Yellowstone Prequels?
PS glad you are following through with self care. A must at times like you're experiencing.
NL I hope you enjoy the weight bench. Is it for you and the kids?
Alpine thanks for "reminding" me to get the chicken out of the freezer.
Free thanks for the definition of AT skiing. I have not skied since I was a teenager.
Turs so glad you enjoyed your grandson. I hope to have one someday. But I adore my granddaughter.

Grateful for GF blueberry pancakes this morning. I ate 2 and wanted more but resisted.
Grateful to be going on a hike soon.
Grateful my daughter passed her state massage license exam yesterday.
Grateful for Sunday.
Grateful my boaty dizziness was better yesterday. Back today but oh well.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:15 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning, I've been MIA but I'm back now.

Grateful to be back.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful my dog is feeling better after some (minor) health issues.

Re-the skiing chatter. I was a avid skier about a decade ago, and hope to get back to it some day and I always did want to try tele skiing. Oh, and yeah, beware of tree- wells! I can attest to that for sure :-)
Old 01-08-2023, 07:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Palmer, I meant to say hospice IS wonderful. Not isn’t. Lame autocorrect!
Numblady, I feel the same about ebooks and kindle vs. physical books. I go back and forth with the dilemma
Grateful for our ski bunnies, Free and Alpine. Speaking of skiing, grateful to order new ski attire for sonny boy on Amazon to prepare for ski trip next month
Hi Samwitch. Glad to see you back
CBS, have not seen. Will check out
Grateful CBS mentioned the podcast Huberman and the episode about alcohol and the body. It’s enlightening
Grateful to start Dead to Me last night.
Grateful no damage here from storm last night. Very heavy rain and wind
Grateful to get out and do some mall walking with a friend today
Grateful sonny boy scheduled his interviews and auditions for HS programs
Grateful for you
Old 01-08-2023, 08:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Grateful to get my root canal over with timorrow
Gratefulmfor a wonderful snowshoe yesterday
Grateful I’m learning to step outside myself and observe me, and others
Gratefulmfor a décents night sleep
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for all of you
Old 01-08-2023, 09:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Palmer, grateful the hospital is giving your mom another day. And hoping you'll find great comfort and support from hospice ... they were a huge help to us with my father.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful for a lovely day with my grandson ... the feeling of a toddler falling asleep in your arms ... well, life doesn't get much better than that.
Grateful for a little sunshine today -- gotta get out and enjoy this brief window while it lasts. Looks like a couple more weeks of rain for us after that.
Grateful for nature and the peace of wild things.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:19 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NL - The screaming, giggling party was no doubt loads of fun & a memory maker.
Tursiops - Also a lovely memory - your grandson sleeping in your arms. He'll never forget those times.
PalmerSage - It's a miracle cure, I tell ya. I woke up looking younger & had more energy.
Sam - Good to see you.
Grateful for actual sun today - it's been a while.
Grateful to go shopping tomorrow with Kohl's & Target gift cards.
Grateful to admit I'm not the great person I like to think I am, & to work on improvement.
Grateful for our family here.

Old 01-08-2023, 11:01 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful I had some relief this morning from Jack's problem.