Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 121

Old 01-26-2023, 04:18 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Know today will be a tough day for our PS. Thinking of her and her family very much.
Alpine, you amaze me with the sewing and fixing!
Turs, I would have a hard time wanting to get up from that view. Of course I guess the walk would allow you to see more of it. You’ll have to let us know how it went.
CBS, have been meaning to say for several days I’m so sorry you have the shared experience of being pulled over by your dog but it made me feel a lot of comfort that I was not the only one!

Grateful for the shared wavelength here on many things.
Grateful I tried out a women’s codependents anonymous group last night. It was a really big group, all online. I have found that AlAnon doesn’t feel quite right because for me, the struggles to stand up for myself and even just find myself, are broader than someone else’s drinking. I am glad I went. I am glad there are so many options out there. Different programs, different formats, different people.
Grateful for sunshine today and tomorrow. Weather looks like it could be a bit gray for a while after that. I’m still almost always grateful for rain. But also love the sun.
Grateful my early morning worry session was relatively short lived (only about an hour I think…I try not to look at the clock because it messes with my mind!)
Grateful my neighbor and I may walk to a nearby restaurant today at lunch or for coffee. Grateful now there is yummy coffee so close to my house.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 01-26-2023, 05:45 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Numblady, when I first read your post I thought you said you were trying womens depends. I didn’t have my Cheaters on yet. Lol. Anyway, glad for all the support options out there
Free, my family jokes about the GF marketing all the time. Who knew butter was GF? 😂
Zura, grateful for your always upbeat posts
Hev, I’m with you on the trust
Turps, love the pic. I was thinking that reminds me of where I live. Then I thought oh yeah, we live pretty close 😊 Yes to junk when camping! I need to listen to my own advice because my anxiety is now back. Where did the positive energy go? Didn’t sleep well. Grati whine. Sorry
Zencat, love that wisdom!
Grateful for coffee and another and maybe another
Grateful my first meeting today is over phone not zoom. I hope these hosts never catch on to modern times! I can paint my nails, do sit-ups or whatever during the call 😊
Grateful for a little time to go over my notes again for webinar later. What makes me nervous is this is not structured. It’s more like table topics over a complicated subject. So I get nervous someone will have a question I can’t answer. But no one knows everything right. Marketing Events team gave me some good pointers. Grateful for them
Grateful Mr F is smart and a good handy man. He took frig apart last weekend and at least temporarily fixed a problem buying some time before we have to replace it
Grateful so much for this special space and uplifting group of sober friends
Old 01-26-2023, 05:49 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

One of my husband's coworkers that had a bad fall over the summer and broke his shoulder re-broke it when his lab pulled hard on the leash he was holding onto with his surgical arm. Yikes
Old 01-26-2023, 06:00 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

This morning

This morning I am thankful for a sober night last night. Also thankful to get to experience another morning.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:19 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

(((PS))) thinking of you today.
Welcome Clearlight! Good to see you!
Zura what are you growing in your summer garden now that you have all those onions and garlic?
Purps as I have said before I love your avatar, it always makes me smile.
Zencat thanks for the Navajo proverb.
Alpine please send the NC piedmont some snow. ;0)
NL I hope you enjoy your outing with your neighbor.
Fearless I love fixing things instead of throwing away.
Free I hope you are well.

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful that even though my @#****** tooth is still bothering me it is tolerable. I am terrified the root canal failed and it will just have to be pulled after I have spent thousands of dollars on the crown and the root canal. Grrrrr. Sorry major grati whine.
Grateful for good sleep lately.
Grateful for sunshine and tennis plans.
Grateful for the almighty Grat Pack.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:03 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tursiops - Yes of course - when camping we get treats. Good to know it was a 'small' bag of chips. Wonderful view! Enjoy yourself.
Alpine - You've inspired me. I should get out there & snow blow too.
ClearLight - Lovely to see you .
Zura - Envious of the homegrown food. We aren't talented growers. Might try again this summer.
CBS - I hope the tooth will settle down & not have to be pulled. All that money & aggravation. I know I'm in for a huge investment - unlike you, I've procrastinated & used Covid as an excuse to avoid dentist. Hope your tooth pain subsides soon.
Grateful for all of us here.
Grateful for excellent (even though loud & annoying) snow removal on our street.
Grateful MrH got knees x-rayed, though they show arthritis - his attitude is good & he will go to an orthopedist.
Grateful January is almost behind us.
Love to all.

Old 01-26-2023, 12:23 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Grateful for snow, sunshine and silliness!

Old 01-26-2023, 12:28 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Good Morning 🌞

Turs - beautiful view to wake up to ❤️

Purps -

Zen - hehe there's a site called Tiny Buddha I like 😊

Alpine - wood burning stove sounds lovely!

NL - I hope you find the right fit group for you. Thank you for reminding me re PS I'm a day ahead of most here so I find keeping track of timelines difficult.

PS - thinking of you ❤️

Fearless - they're some mighty fine multitasking skills you got going on!

Clearlight - welcome? I don't think I've seen you here before.

CBS - hmmmm I tried growing everything but due to bad weather and illness not much survived. Toms, corn, capsicum, and various greens and herbs are doing well though. So plenty of tomatoes and basil to go with the ample garlic and onions.

Hev - I'm not very talented either, just stubborn and pig headed 🤣.

This morning I am grateful for:

​​​​​​- inadvertently bringing joy to others, it's nice to know you can impact someone's day positively....even when not trying to 🤣
- yet ANOTHER cool morning, y'all must be sick of me saying that but it's a thing!!😂
- for coffee, it's a coffee morning 🥴

Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful day.
Old 01-27-2023, 01:28 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Grateful for morning coffee, stretches and meditation after a good night's rest

Grateful for our SR family
Old 01-27-2023, 03:47 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:19 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Alpine, ouch re the dog re-breaking shoulder!
Clearlight, welcome.
Zura, agree with Fearless re: your uplifting posts!
CBS, so sorry re: the tooth.
Missing Imval and BritBird. But happy for all those of you who are here!

Grateful for my warm bed. Gonna be hard to motivate to go walk the dog in a few in the near-freezing temps but must be done.
Grateful I remembered I’m supposed to do lab work before my physical next week.
Grateful for modern software.
Grateful I have a supportive family. Not perfect by any stretch but overall care a lot about me and that is worth a lot. Wish I could make that true for everyone.
Grateful I went to my regular meeting last night even though I was kind of crabby.
Grateful for quiet mornings where I don’t have to get anyone ready but myself. Well, that and feed the animals and try and get my dog to go to the bathroom
Grateful for this group and SR family in general.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:27 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

CB, I hope the tooth doesn't have to be pulled. I feel your pain. I had a root canal that failed too and ended up having to have an implant with a bone graft that cost out of pocket 10,000. Blah
Grateful they are speeding up the medical appointments..Not grateful I have to have them, but at least they are being addressed. Heck, I have an MRI scheduled for this sunday.
Grateful I found my little shoe spikes for walking as it is quite icy on my MIl's driveway
Grateful for all of you
Old 01-27-2023, 06:30 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Grateful to read your updates.
Thinking of PS.
CBS, I hope that tooth settles down ... I had one that was giving me trouble after a filling, and it settled down very slowly over the course of a whole year.
NL, I'm glad you found the CoDA group helpful. I probably ought to find one near me ... my boundaries are an ongoing struggle.
Grateful for my sweet little camping trip. I paddled and birdwatched and just rested in nature, which is so restorative for me. I've gotten a little too busy, which is mostly a good thing, but I need to continue to make space for contemplation.
Grateful to see you all here.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:36 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Good morning gratters.
Hev I recommend getting to the dentist soon ;0). I used COVID as an excuse too and now I am paying for it in many ways.
NL I love my quiet mornings too and also have 2 cats and a dog that require some attention but they don't talk back.
Alpine I have bad teeth that I guess stems from all the wine drinking and I clench my teeth in my sleep and did not know it until recently. Now I am wear a night guard but should have long ago.
Zura I love growing tomatoes and basil too.

Grateful for another good night's sleep. I had a horrible time with sleep in my first 1.5 years of sobriety.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for a staff hike and lunch today and then tennis so I will definitely over exceed my step goal today.
Grateful for Friday.
Grateful for sunshine.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:52 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Nice to see you Clearlight!
Alpine, good luck with your MRI
CBS, that is such a bummer and I hope the tooth problem settles down. I am thinking about playing tennis today with Mr F!
Grateful the webinar is over. It was actually a little fun 😊 Why do I get myself so riled up?
Grateful to do my own pedicure. Cutting back on spending
Grateful boss gave me a day off and told me I deserve it
Grateful to let sonny boy stop doing karate. Who needs a second degree black belt anyway? He’s focused on art and guitar now
Grateful for good running weather
Grateful to start reading Shoe Dog
Grateful I can journal from my iPad and to be able to lock notes with password
Grateful for all of you
Old 01-27-2023, 07:50 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Yikes, you guys, all this talk of teeth issues makes me grateful to have had a "boring" dentist visit yesterday!

Also grateful for my gym which keeps me sane and also grateful that I am back into a normal routine with it as well as ice cream(balance is everything!)

And...so grateful to be SOBER!!
Old 01-27-2023, 09:40 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Grateful for a moment to stop in & say I'm grateful for our family here.
Will have to catch up later.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:24 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

Purps - sounds like a fine start to the morning 😊.

NL - you're right that no family is perfect but I sure am glad that you've got a caring and supportive one!

Alpine - sorry that you are having to deal with health issues, wishing you the best outcome.

Turs - glad you were able to take some reflective time in nature.

CBS - that's alot of exercise! Enjoy 😊.

Fearless - glad the webinar went well and you got gifted a well deserved day off.

Sam - it's great you enjoy the gym, everyone needs an outlet!

Hev - good morning, I hope it's a lovely day for you.

This morning I am grateful:
- to have mostly caught up on the heavy outside work I got behind on when unwell.
- for a lovely cool day in the garden yesterday. Today's going to be a scorcher. Nature's version of balance 🤣.
- for my son's hilarious antics....he just walked in the door at 5am......he was here when I went to bed and hadn't even realised he wasn't home 🤣
Me: oh did you get called in to work?
Son: No.....
Me: oh you were out with friends?
Son: In a way...
He'd gone in to work on his night off to just hang out 🤣 way to get a social life son 😂.

Have a great day everyone ❤️.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:34 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Grateful I slept well
Grateful we got the trim painted last night in the other room with plans for me to paint the closet and Mr. A to paint the room. He wants me then to count up all of the switch plates throughout the house because he wants new ones including the outlets.
Grateful for a dinner with just Mr. A last night. We had homemade pizza and wings. Nice jut to be the 2 of us, well and Riley too.
Grateful for all of you
Old 01-28-2023, 04:06 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Grateful for a weekend of nice weather approaching

Grateful to relax and make a second cup of coffee

Grateful for my acupuncture appointment this morning

Grateful for the internet to provide guided meditations, and the chance to keep in touch with all of you!