Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 121

Old 01-11-2023, 04:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to the originator of my regular Monday post, the late great Rusty Zipper!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:00 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

NL those are some vivid dreams you are having. My anxiety dreams often involve not being able to play a sport well that I normally am good at or going to take a test I did not study for.
Hev my mouth is slowly healing. Still very sore. Holding off on the antibiotics so far. Taking a little Tylenol and Advil here and there. It hurts to chew on that side but at least the hot and cold sensitivity is gone.

Grateful for a sunny day.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I discovered a plumbing leak last night under our master bath. We are trying to fix it ourselves. Fingers crossed. It would have been really bad if I had not heard the water dripping.
Grateful for decent sleep.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:00 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Turps, one time my cat found a cedar waxwing in the yard, batted it around and then picked it up with his mouth and brought it to the door to show us like a prized possession. The bird was still alive but badly injured. We put it in a shoe box with a towel and brought it to Wild Care where they said he had a broken wing. They were able to rehabilitate him and set him free a few weeks later. It was such a great experience 😊
Grateful to be up early, wide eyed and bushy tailed ready to go into the city for work meeting
Grateful to stop in quick to say hello. Will catch up with the rest of you later
Old 01-11-2023, 06:25 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Grateful I slept at least 8 hours. I went to bed early but woke up with an XAH nightmare and woke this morning with one. I think it’s working or trying to avoid working on him in step 4. No Freudian analysis needed for sure.
Grateful the snow won’t be bad as first forecast and no dreaded hurricane force wind gusts either. I didn’t accomplish all my errands yesterday so will be out today with Gdaughter.
I’m feeling guilty I did not answer the phone yesterday when son’s X called. I was selfishly not up for it. Now I feel awful and do hope it wasn’t an emergency. I can’t be responsible for everything I tell myself but still feel like a creep.
CBS I’m glad your mouth is better. There is nothing worse than tooth pain. Hope your plumbing problem is resolved also.
Grateful I have a leftover sub sandwich to gnaw on. It sounds gross but it’s a favorite.
Grateful the gang is not awake here yet.
Grateful for all of you and SR.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:34 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - That was a happy ending for the Cedar Waxwing. Good job.
Grateful we are well into January, since it's rather gloomy around these parts during Jan. & Feb. Grateful to be here, regardless.
Grateful for the privilege of having most anything delivered to our door - I just hope I don't become lazy. Used to love to roam around the malls.
Grateful to work on being tolerant & patient - without sacrificing my own well being.
Grateful to say goodbye to the last of the chocolate. But - I will miss you, my yummy friend.
Love to ALL.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:08 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Grateful to finally be able to log in today. I was having my basement insulated today (basement ceiling, underneath the floorboards of the main floor). The workers seemed to have knocked loose a cable and it took hours to get it sorted, but I'm back online. Grateful that the basement is insulated, hopefully that will put a dent in the astronomical gas/electric bills.
Hev, glad you're feeling better.
CBS, hope that tooth calms down soon!
NL, that's a whopper of a dream! Our minds have strange ways of working through things while we sleep, I think.
Fearless, so sweet that you were able to get the cedar waxwing rehabbed and set free!
Grateful for my internet. I guess I was taking it for granted, but boy did I feel stuck without it today.
Grateful for a visit with a friend.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:19 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Grateful for two hours sleep last night -helps me appreciate the good nights 🥱
grateful for wood burning fireplaces
Grategul I don’t keep up with the craziness our country is in, had to squelch hubby as he likes to hear (and share). I said “BLISSFUL IGNORANCE, honey. I LIKE it that way

grayeful daughter is getting married tomorrow (sad I can’t be there)

grateful for good coffee today
Grateful for all of you
Old 01-12-2023, 02:21 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for the internet to keep me amused on sleepless nights
Old 01-12-2023, 03:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep
Grateful for grilled chicken and salad for dinner last night. MIL absolutely loved as did Mr H
Free, I like that too, I don't want to get all amped up over things
CBS, hope that tooth feels better
Hevyn, Mr. A and I share a piece of dark chocolate pretty much everyday.
Fearless the bird whisperer
Old 01-12-2023, 03:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Alpine that is sweet (and restrained!) to split a piece of chocolate like that.
Free, 2 hours of sleep —ick! Hope it made for a better night last night.

Grateful for getting my son’s ophthalmology appointment done yesterday and grateful it wasn’t too bad even though he hasn’t been wearing his glasses or patching. The first doc I saw in this practice used to be pretty shaming but the one we see now is nicer. I remember the first doc basically telling me how I should parent in one appointment. I wish I had had the strength to call her out on it at the time instead of just playing over imaginary come backs in my mind after the fact. But she ended up going on a long sabbatical and never coming back so I guess she probably had some of her own stuff going on.
Grateful for curbside trash, recycling and compost pick up here.
Grateful I was able to do a small bit of work in my back yard yesterday. So many leaves!
Grateful ish for an off site meeting today. I love time at home when my kids aren’t here but I think overall I probably spend too much time in my own head. I mean, I guess I’m always in my own head wherever I go but there is something about that live interaction that makes a difference.
Grateful to get to spend a bit of time organizing tools last night. Really just sorting at this point but it sure feels good to put like with like and to snap the little sockets back in to their holders in the case.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 01-12-2023, 03:49 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Old 01-12-2023, 04:07 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Grateful to be awake early with strong coffee.
Grateful I am running errands today. Grateful I did not have to yesterday when the snow forecast was wrong.
Grateful I did spend time with Gdaughter yesterday though.
Grateful my son’s X is as well as can be expected and she is safe.
Grateful 18 year olds late night message didn’t wake me up. He is an immature teenager with no car and asks for rides whenever the urge hits him. Grateful he doesn’t have a car now that I think about it.
Grateful XAH dreams faded from memory until I had another one last night. No upsetting feelings about it either.
Grateful to be here with SR.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:15 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Imv, I put my phone on Do Not Disturb, for those occasions people have lost there “respectful communication times” filters. See if your phone has that……?📞

NL, wow, I’ve had some bad Drs in the past, it’s horrible. Nurses too actually. Thank goodness i was a great compassionate nurse and my husband is a kind soul.👿

Alpine, I eat dark chocolate everyday too, so good for the soul. And NEVER fat or sugar free🍫

FBL, thanks for sharing the origin of your Monday post. RIP Rusty Zipper
Old 01-12-2023, 06:20 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Grateful for noise cancelling headphones, the new renters came pounding in at 0100
Grateful I have guts to brave the cold in just my coat to knock on their door and tell them to settle in more quietly, it’s late, and we live below them
Grateful for coffee
Grateful to not be part of the drunk fest last night, too many people drank way too much at an Ice Kettles party.
Grateful to have an hour of alone time before I do my volunteer job for a couple hours today
Grateful we are going to preview a snowshoe today. It’s a little scary with all the snow we’ve had.

Grateful my daughter is getting married this morning by a family friend who happens to be a respected judge in my previous community.
Grateful we met him vis FaceTime the other night, and we approve.
Grateful for technology to do the above, and not wait for two weeks for pics
Gtateful they will have a celebration of their vows in 2024
Old 01-12-2023, 09:53 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - 'A piece' - not a whole bar, like me. I can't be trusted if it's in the house.
NL - Imaginary comebacks...my specialty.
Free - Hoping you get a lot more than 2 hrs. sleep tonight. I was restless too - no rhyme or reason. Congratulations to your daughter!
Grateful I manage to keep myself amused on these gloomy, gray days. I think MrH gets antsy since retiring.
Grateful for the talent of Jeff Beck - RIP.
Grateful for a flock of mourning doves in the yard & a small woodpecker.
Grateful when memories finally make us smile, rather than cry.
Grateful for this gathering place.
Old 01-12-2023, 10:31 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Grateful for the Audubon Warbler that has been in my yard the last few days. The storm has rearranged all the birds around here and it has been exciting to watch them, though I worry how the little feathered ones survive the rain, wind and hail.
Grateful for a watercolor class I'm taking ... keeps me focused on painting instead of being drawn into chores, work, and duty all the time. I guess I'm a recovering workaholic.
Grateful I'll see a group of old friends by zoom tonight, after not seeing them for a few months.
Grateful my home is maybe a smidge warmer today, or maybe I just imagine that after writing a big check for insulation.
Grateful to feel connected and not totally alone ... it's taken 18+ months since losing Mr. T to rebuild a social web for myself, but I feel like I'm getting there.
Grateful all the chocolate is gone from the house.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:25 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Grateful I slept fairly well
Grateful to have gone through more of my Mom cothes..Yes, more clothes which she never wore
Grateful it is snowing a bit this morning
Grateful for Mr. A and Riley Pup
NL, I usually can't break it in half so I usually give him the larger half...Usually
Old 01-13-2023, 04:34 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Old 01-13-2023, 04:45 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, FBL, thanks for sharing/reminding of the origin of the Monday night post.
Turs, wow I have been thinking a lot about how to not be on duty all the time. I’m at a point of life where it’s somewhat impossible not to be in some ways but in others I am always choosing to keep working on the list. There will always be more. I have to figure out some way to give myself permission and to also enjoy just finding a way to do things that bring more connection and joy. I will say I am realizing that there are a lot of chores that do bring me joy (e.g. putting all the socket wrench pieces back in their place) but where to draw the lines…it’s so hard.

Grateful I don’t share a ceiling, floor, or wall with any neighbors. Granted my children can be astonishingly loud but they’re mine. All to say…Free, will be so glad for you when you get to move to the new place! I’m sure you more than feel the same.
Grateful I went to the meeting last night.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful that after the long in person meeting yesterday I went up to my buddy’s office and this other colleague of hers ended up knocking on the door because he was walking around giving out ice cream sandwiches from a little igloo cooler. I just happily took it but now thinking back I’m realizing how delightful random it was. I didn’t even ask why he was doing it. Just kind of saw the treat and grabbed it. Typical.
Grateful it cooled down a little. It’s kind of freaky to have it be 85 in January.
Grateful my daughter’s second and final bday party is tomorrow. Ready to be through this phase and on to some other projects.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 01-13-2023, 06:03 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Imv, I’m sorry you feel bad about not answering that call. I think you are just taking care of you though. You come first 😊 Btw, I love subs too. Don’t have them as often because I rarely eat meat anymore
Turps, that’s great about the insulation. Hope it makes a difference. Darn PG&E
Alpine and Free, I eat a single square of dark chocolate every day too 😊
Numblady, omg on the glasses and patching. I can relate. Sonny boy was born with that condition where one eye was blind, the other almost perfect vision. He started wearing glasses and patching at 3 which went on until age 12. The dr said his vision had improved to 20/30 so he didn’t need anymore. But the vision reverted back a year later. New dr said the old dr was wrong and he had to go back to glasses and patching. We could never get him to again though. Now he’s learned to compensate with the perfect eye. And the issue isn’t affecting his life in any negative way. So why would he do it? We always say what if something happens to your perfect eye? But despite what the dr without kids says, we can’t force our son to wear glasses and patch if he doesn’t want to. And that doesn’t make us bad parents.
Free, congrats on daughters nuptials
Remembering rusty zipper
Grateful for an inspiring ERG meeting
Grateful to spend a lot of time journaling lately. Free association writing and narrative expressive writing are helping me sort out my thoughts
Grateful for a great therapy session with lots of aha moments
Grateful to have a call with pediatrician today to discuss behavior concerns
Grateful the ski attire came from Amazon and so far everything fits sonny boy
Grateful for a lunch date with a friend today and dinner plans with neighbors
Grateful for you