Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 118

Old 08-27-2022, 11:32 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean today

Have a good day Graters ☼
Old 08-27-2022, 04:25 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Beautiful almost spring day here so racing off outside but had to drop in to wish you all well. This morning I am so so grateful for nature. Have a great day everyone ❤️
Old 08-27-2022, 11:43 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Been busy few days but also good.

PS, I'm relieved to hear that the tumour is stable and hopefully he is feeling well, when my mother was ill I remember the horrid wait for those results from the scans. Hopefully you can both relax a little now.
Hev, glad the lawn mower got sorted, we haven't had to mow for a good 2 months plus due to the dry weather 😔
CBS, that sounds exciting, what adventures have you got planned so far?
CP, that sounds like a fun night, glad you enjoyed.
Zura, glad your son has found some work.
Free, where are you going??? Wherever it is I hope you and hubby have an amazing time.
NL, who can resist a bargain eh!! I certainly can't lol
Fearless, hope you managed to fit in a run yesterday.

Today I am grateful for a good night's rest and a coffee in bed.
Grateful for seeing the Dr about something that was worrying me and having my mind put at rest.
Grateful for discovering the joys of air fryers!!!
Grateful to be ploughing through some online training I need to complete by next month.
Grateful to be getting back into a routine in the next week or so, much as I've loved the holidays this year.
Grateful to not delve past the headlines these days, so depressing.
Ever Grateful for being sober, finding this place and the endless quit lit that I love reading.

Happy Sunday 😊 have a great day everyone.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:02 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

PS, thanks for the update on hubby.
CBS, glad you are planning a trip that should be less draining psychologically.
Hev, that’s a cool website.

Grateful for my son spending time and energy cleaning out my car yesterday. Shocked and delighted.
Grateful a friend took my daughter for a sleepover last night with her niece — and kind of ashamed of this but I’m also glad I didn’t see her texts at 11:30 saying she didn’t want to do a sleepover anymore.
Grateful to come to some painful realizations about myself still sometimes living in martyrdom and resentment instead of working on my own boundaries. It means I can keep working to change and asking for help.
Grateful (??) I keep waking up at 4:30 a.m. It gives me more time but I can’t decide if it’s worth it. I still feel tired.
Grateful for people who give their time and energy unselfishly and without bitterness.
Grateful for someone sharing her story in a meeting yesterday. She talked about how she realized her pattern in work was to want to be needed and then get annoyed as soon as she was. And it definitely struck a chord. Now to figure out how she was able to set better boundaries.
Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-28-2022, 04:50 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Quick 'fly by' grat this morning as I have to hit the road shortly.

Grateful for the freedom that sobriety has granted me. Grateful to be learning more about myself each day.

HAPPY SOBERVERSARY TO OUR AWESOME FRIEND FREE!
Old 08-28-2022, 05:14 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hev, that's a cool site!
BB, I wonder if I finally need to join the cult of air frying - what do you cook in yours?!
NL, as usual your post is really making me think, I follow those same patterns when it comes to work - and home too I guess!
Free, congrats on the soberversary!
CBS, so nice that you plan activities for you and your husband.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for some more baby steps to decorate my home office. I actually caught myself in the middle of an indecision spiral and was able to push myself through it - of course, now I'm second guessing what I did but the point is - I did something.
Grateful for some bonding with my younger son. We always get a good laugh when we try to move furniture without my husband "catching" us.
Grateful he went to the gym with a friend yesterday.
Grateful my parents were happy to see me when I visited briefly. Grateful I was able to introduce them to the show "Modern Family," which they both like.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:03 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Grateful for the kind words
Grateful to see Brit and Zura, and ALL of the GP
Grateful for coffee
Grateful to begin our honeymoon (it was delayed quite a while)
Grateful the hotel in Denver was relatively quiet

We are going to Morocco, India, Fiji, Australia, Cambodia, Tanzania, Chili, Easter Island, and Peru (Manchu Picchu), and Jordan.

I will check in as best I can.

🥰

Old 08-28-2022, 06:19 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Grateful my hip is feeling better, I could actually go for a walk.
Grateful I got to talk with Mr. A this morning
Grateful to see Bun Bun and Toady last night
Grateful for Riley
Grateful Mr. A should be coming back next week
Old 08-28-2022, 06:54 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zura - Sounds like your day was off to a wonderful start.
BritB - This is the first time we've mowed in a long time - it was straw. I'm glad you had that worry eliminated by your doc.
NL - I was just reading (once again) about the importance of getting 8-9 hrs. sleep! That never happens for me. Wish I'd get at least 7 hrs. of unbroken sleep. 4:30 seems like the middle of the night.
ClearPath - So true about the freedom sobriety gives us. I once felt the opposite - thought I was buffering myself from life's problems. What a terrible way to live.
PalmerSage - Indecision spiral - I have them daily. Congrats on doing something.
Free - The trip of a lifetime - looking forward to hearing the highlights. Sounds wonderful.
Alpine - I hope the hip pain never returns.
Grateful to hear of everyone's adventures.
Grateful for soft serve ice cream.
Grateful I continue to lose a bit of weight each week, just by doing the right thing most of the time.
Grateful for another gorgeous sunny day.
Love to all.

Old 08-28-2022, 08:31 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

BB I am glad the doctor put your mind at ease.
NL how nice your son cleaned your car.
Free that sounds like an amazing trip. So much traveling and variety. I guess you will be gone a while. Safe travels.
PS hearing you talk about moving furniture reminds me that I used to do it in my room a lo0t as a child.
Alpine I am glad your hip is better.
Hev congrats on your weight loss. Slow and steady is the way to go.

Grateful that whatever made my husband get sick in the middle of the night seems to have passed. I was wondering if it was COVID but he feels better now. Maybe something he ate?
Grateful for Sunday morning.
Grateful my husband is finally going through the plethora of things he inherited from his Uncle. Hopefully, he can get rid of some of it.
Grateful we are talking about possibly redoing our kitchen. It was last redone in 1989.
Grateful we are getting advice from a financial advisor and developing a financial plan.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 08-28-2022, 03:07 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

BB - glad all went well at the Dr's, it's always a relief after troubling symptoms.
NL - son cleaning out car 😳 blessing and miracles DO happen 😂.
CP - your positivity and good attitude is contagious.
Free - I think I congratulated you in another thread but it bares repeating. Huge congratulations on your one year 🥳. And what a honeymoon trip you have planned, so awesome!!
PS - your stealth furniture moving operation made me LOL.
Alpine - glad your hip is feeling better, I know how painful that can be ❤️
Hevyn - congrats on the weight-loss, I'm just starting out and hope to follow your good example.

This morning I am grateful for:
- pushing through AV chatter over the weekend.
- hard work in the yard paying off- more hard work to do, it keeps me sane(ish), don't want this be too normal 😜- for a gorgeous, quiet morning

Have a great day GPs ❤️
Old 08-28-2022, 04:53 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake with the thought: "this day nineteen years ago I stopped smoking."
Old 08-28-2022, 11:52 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Caramel, AMAZING!
🎉🥳🤓😍❤️
Old 08-29-2022, 03:22 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Free, that is an incredible list of places! I don’t even know how long that will take. But sounds amazing. Safest travels!
Caramel, that is so awesome!
Alpine I’ll have to find out how you got your hip better. Mine always hurts a little but last week it just sort of slipped into acute pain territory. it’s so uncomfortable!
CP, good luck with the “first” day of work!

Grateful to recognize I am “in my head” as they say in AA. I don’t know the exact definition but I think it covers a lot of things. Like agitation, anxiety, resentment…kind of just being agro. I think exercise would help but my hip hurts so darn much!
Grateful for public school.
Grateful I’ve been getting pretty solid sleep at night, even if I continue to wake up earlier and earlier. Today it was a little before 4.
Grateful for microfiber cloths and towels.
Grateful for mammograms. Kind of nervous for mine but still glad to have the option.
Grateful for clean laundry and lunches I made last night.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:59 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:09 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Free, that sounds like an absolutely unbelievable trip - looking forward to seeing pictures, and hearing all about it!
Zura, shutting down the AV, way to go!
Hev, huge congrats on the weight loss. It sounds like you're taking such a balanced approach (which is simple, but not always easy!)
Caramel, 19 years free from smoking is so incredible.
NL, your comment makes me think of "restless, irritable, and discontent" which describes me more often than I'd like to admit lately.
CBS, a kitchen remodel is so exciting, as long as it's not too overwhelming.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful my older son called me last night.
Grateful to attend my first pro baseball game in a while yesterday, it was fun to see the stadium and be out and about in the city. Grateful for the "diamond club" because it was so hot (also, because I'm not very interested in baseball, haha).
Grateful for a conversation with my friend's mom about her senior living facility.
Grateful to be sitting in my office window seat with the window wide open. So grateful to live where I do.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 08-29-2022, 04:59 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Grateful I slept well last night
Grateful that Mr. A and I spoke on the phone last night
Grateful He comes back last Saturday/early Sunday morning
Grateful I am getting some things gathered because we are planning on another canoe camping trip
Grateful for the birds I hear and see
Grateful I went to the lake yesterday for a short walk. I may take Riley with me today. He loves the water
Old 08-29-2022, 05:02 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

What an unbelievable adventure Free! That's multiple trips-of-a-lifetime, rolled into one. Looking forward to your check-ins, whenever and wherever they occur.
NL, thanks for the workday wishes. Getting ready to start in about an hour and just a teeny-weeny bit nervous.

Grateful for a fun weekend celebrating birthdays. Grateful that I don't have to spend any more time in the car for a while.
Grateful for all of the people that showed up for my sister's surprise birthday brunch. Grateful for her emotional reaction when she realized what was going on.
Grateful for cooler temperatures this week.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 08-29-2022, 05:27 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Grateful to be up early though I slept too little and poor quality. At least I have more time to be productive. Grateful for coffee and the special way Mr F makes it for me everyday. Every time I want to try something new, like a new syrup flavor, he’ll do it
I missed a couple days and have not completely caught up. I’ll try
Free, I will be sure to check out makeup tutorials for over 50, and Palmer that stone massage sounds like a good idea too
Free, the honeymoon trip sounds so amazing!
Palmer, I’m glad that the tumor hasn’t grown. I hope there are treatments that can still shrink it. Decorating the home office sounds great
Numblady, so nice to have your own place now! Hope you are feeling more relieved and a greater sense of freedom
CBS, good to see you
Brit, I’ve wanted an air fryer for so long. Need to find room on the counter first. And now I also want a bread machine!

Grateful to order some giclee prints from the Alaska trip and frame them. Mr F will be hanging the, in the guest room
Grateful to finally get my tattoo done. It was a 3-1/2 hour process on Sat. I will send a pic. The design is everything I wanted. The roots on the small tree represent strength and being firmly grounded as well as being connected to the whole circle of life. The focus is on the butterfly metamorphosis which to me means birth and death, and rebirth, change, growth, freedom. I will always be connected to my family even though they are not with me anymore, but I am also on my own now, free
This tattoo experience was one of the most painful things I’ve ever been through. Honestly I don’t know what’s worse - labor contractions or being tattooed. People tell you it’s just a needle piercing your skin, which sounds bad enough. But it really felt like being carved with a knife! I’m glad I got through it because this tattoo means a lot to me 😊 Grateful the healing is going well. I’m not supposed to do strenuous exercise for a week
Grateful for perspective. I’ve been really overwhelmed since sonny boy started school. He wants to apply to two different specialty high school programs. This feels a bit like how I imagine college applications will be. But while sonny boy has talents in both areas, I’m not sure the maturity and motivation is there to get through the application process other than us doing all the work. And that is not going to happen. Mr F and I are sitting down with him this week to have an open discussion about all of this. I really just want sonny boy to feel supported by us no matter which direction he pursues. Regular high school is totally fine. I want him to challenge himself but not so much that he is too overwhelmed to handle it. It feels very tricky
Grateful to feel stressed at work but just do my best and ask for help if I need
Grateful to resist the urge to try to make everything perfect
Grateful to embrace uncertainty
Grateful so much for this special group of friends in the computer
Old 08-29-2022, 05:31 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Grateful my husband got coffee after blundering the Nespresso machine in our room
Grateful the coffee is good, I am addicted —but it doesn’t break my soul or ruin my life.
Grateful our flight got to Florida on time, and our ride was waiting for us
Grateful for broken sleep, helps me appreciate the good nights
Grateful for the GP
Grateful for yet ANOTHER opportunity to test for Covid (it will weed out the sickies)