Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 118

Old 08-25-2022, 02:30 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

This morning I'm a grateful for:
- reading all your posts.- a good laugh at auto-incorrect🤣.
- excitement about coming into spring season.
- health and safety of loved ones.

Have a great day all ☺️.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:44 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Free, here is one for you, and others too of course.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:09 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

🤓😜😅

i say, “It gets easier after the next ridge!”😈
Old 08-26-2022, 03:31 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to see Fran back at her house yesterday.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-26-2022, 03:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Free, your yard sounds like it will be fantastic. I love plants that are native to a place or at least are suited to the climate without being invasive. Even through our wicked drought the native plants were flowering at least some.

Grateful that the house is I think 1.5 bottles away from being alcohol free! And that I could start packing up all the different booze related glasses, you know, to “help” with the final pieces of the move. So many silly shaped glasses all to play into the marketing hype around alcohol. Bleh.
Grateful that in the same breath I’m making fun of alcohol paraphernalia I really love different coffee mugs. Either because they mean something or their shape/size/width of the ceramic. Today I’m drinking out of some random person’s high school reunion mug that I found at the thrift store. I like it b/c it’s straight up and down and the ceramic is thin. Go figure.
Grateful FBL’s Fran came home.
Grateful to see a happy hummingbird at one of my native plants yesterday (Esperanza if you are curious). Although less grateful it seemed to have been chased off by a hornet or something.
Grateful I have no meetings today and will get to have lunch with MY old boss.
Grateful the kids come home today (haha I may not be saying this after they get here but the psychic toll of worrying for them while they are with him is tough…know I need to work on that as well but it’s early days in our new arrangement).
Grateful for Google and Outlook calendars. Too many moving parts to keep in my brain.
Grateful I surprised myself and did a bike workout yesterday.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:49 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

FBL, happy Fran is back home!
Alpine, Free, and Hev, love the stories of big hikes! Although it sounds super scary when people find themselves unprepared.
NL, getting rid of alcohol and all the paraphernalia must feel SO liberating. I have crystal from my parents, back when people used little aperitif glasses and brandy snifters, but they remain sparkling and alcohol free (except for wine goblets on special occasions - and mine have Sprite Zero).
Fearless, thank you for that comment about saying yes at work! Like CP, I need to print it out and put it in front of me when I'm on virtual meetings. Also keeping in mind NL's comments about seeking gold stars. By the way, please let me know which strips you used, IF they work of course!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I finally shifted the furniture around in my home office, adding a chair from my parents' house and turning my desk so it floats in the middle of the room and faces the window - SUCH a huge improvement. I also ordered an ottoman that should arrive today. So grateful to have my interior decorating hobby, and plenty of space to play around in.
Grateful for recent meetings with my former boss. He keeps commenting on the complexity of what I'm trying to do, which is somewhat reassuring but also daunting. Just so grateful to have him as a colleague and a friend.
Grateful for the morning quiet, and a telework day ahead (in an empty house, just me and the dogs).
Grateful my older son has been keeping in close touch with me.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:06 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Grateful for the rain last night and quiet thunder
Grateful for strawberries
Grateful for salads
Grateful to see all you here
Old 08-26-2022, 07:02 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Grateful for the upcoming weekend and family time.
Grateful to be settling into a manageable, daily workout routine. Progress, not perfection, as they say.
Grateful for our local football team and how they seem to unite the city.
Grateful for the quiet neighborhood that I live in.
Grateful for all of the interesting conversations here.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:06 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Exactly on the hiking!
So glad Fran is back, FBL
Palmer, boohoo on the lid strips. They just made me look like I have bigger eye lids with tape on them. They are tape strips after all. Go figure. Lol 😂 😂. I’m glad they were inexpensive. For now I’ll stick to makeup to accentuate my lids and work on self acceptance ❤️
Numblady, I love all kinds of unique coffee mugs too. Mr F has a collection of espresso cups.
Grateful to be slowly working my way through a work project solo. I made my opinion known about not getting the support I need. It doesn’t appear anyone is listening or maybe just a tiny bit. I’ll do my best while also setting some boundaries.
Grateful for one meeting today which is a zoom coffee with my mentor who i love. then I get to work on an article which I love. Hopefully I’ll have time for a run later.
I feel more grateful already 😊
Old 08-26-2022, 07:54 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

FBL, wonderful Fran is at her home and you visited. 👩🏽‍🤝‍👨🏼
NL, thanks for the kind words! Yes, it will be lovely ! Hubby has crystal glasses from his first wedding, they are seldom used by him now that he lost his drinking partner, me. I am a mug collector too, fairly picky, or means a lot if I buy one. I have one that was my moms, I don’t use because I am afraid I’ll break it. My MIL has over 500 mugs displayed in her giant house. She uses and rotates them.

PS, moving furniture around is GREAT for the brain! It actually helps fire up new neurons, and helps prevent dementia (by learning and experiencing new things). Glad you got a sweet spot and wonderful view. How is hubby’s treatment? Thought he might be done in October.

Alpine, more monsoons here and record rain fall. It’s so green. We had a tremendous storm yesterday, huge lightening strikes with no fired started, and the rumble of thunder is so spiritual and exciting to me. I loved living in Kansas City, lots of storms there.🌊⛈.

CP, so glad you are on this thread too. Wonderful weekend is planned for you with family! What a lucky guy!

Fearless, I am such a plain Cover girl lady. I finally googled a you tube of makeup for over fifty. The host does a great job and recommends techniques and products that are reasonable. It’s helped me a lot. Tape on eyelids sounds the same as trying to increase bra cup size by pushing our hands together.💄
Im waiting for my blephroplasty 👁

Old 08-26-2022, 08:01 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee
Grateful to be able to pack today for our honeymoon. It’s a trip of a lifetime, and I’m am so grateful.
Grateful for hummingbirds still here. Maybe will put one giant feeder and leave it for the trip.
Grateful for a day off to get stuff done
Old 08-26-2022, 02:09 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi All. I am behind again. I have read most posts but need to get up to date on my grats.
NL so close to having an alcohol free house how awesome.
PS I am glad your older son keeps in touch. Mine is very distant literally and figuratively.
Welcome January. Keep coming back.
CP I hope your return to work next week goes well.
I will do my best to get here every morning again. Have been missing you all.

Grateful to be home. One week with hubby's family was a lot. But I am glad we went of course. Don't miss the "belching niece" or the fight for the coffee pot.
Grateful the hiking everyday saved my sanity. At least people were not drinking on the hikes.
Grateful for one day of work and then a weekend to have a "vacation from my vacation".
Grateful for a clean home.
Grateful that so far no one seems to have contracted COVID from the trip.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for Sr and the Gp.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:51 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

Quick pop in, this morning I am grateful for:
- the mornings warming up more quickly, means I can get outside sooner.
- to have a working vehicle.
- that my son has found part time employment or at the very least casual, it's still yet the be confirmed.
- for coffee.
Old 08-26-2022, 03:01 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

No chance to post here today, but stopping in to say I'm grateful for you all.
Old 08-27-2022, 03:47 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Grateful for FB Marketplace and Craigslist and how it allows me to get things I otherwise could not/should not.
Grateful to be feeling at least slightly less overwhelm now that it is a new day.
Grateful my daughter is feeling better.
Grateful for family support.
Grateful for this group.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-27-2022, 06:10 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Grateful for a last minute invitation to the baseball game last night. Grateful they served Bubly sparking water. Grateful for Friday night fireworks at the ballpark. Fun night.
Grateful for a busy day, even though I somehow managed to procrastinate on the birthday gifts for my siblings.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 08-27-2022, 06:43 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Free, a honeymoon? How cool - where are you going? Thanks for asking about my husband's treatment, he had a scan yesterday and the tumor hasn't shrunk since the last scan (when they had to stop the treatment due to the side effects) but it also hasn't grown - next scan in 3 months!
Fearless, so bummed about those strips, but I had a feeling! Let me put in one more plug for facial massage with a gua stone - I may be kidding myself, but I swear it helps a little?
NL, I'm so happy you have a house that's your own, where you can decide what comes in and out (within reason considering the 2 kids, ha!)
CP, happy you had fun at the game.
CBS, glad you're back here where you belong!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I was able to sleep late today, although kind of jarring to be woken up by my dogs jumping and barking all over me (grati-whine, oops).
Grateful for some low-key and pleasant work meetings yesterday.
Grateful for my home office project, even though I feel myself getting stuck when it comes to hanging art. I need to push through and do it, life is short.
Grateful I washed all the laundry so all I have to do is fold and put it away.
Grateful I skipped a trip over to my parents' yesterday, which they completely understood.
Grateful for my comfortable bed.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 08-27-2022, 10:06 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

PS I am glad the tumor has not grown. Are they going to try another treatment?
CP glad you enjoyed the baseball game.
Nl I am glad your are getting family support.

Grateful for tennis two days in a row.
Grateful for being home and still recuperating from family reunion. Planning new adventures for just me and my sober buddy husband.
Grateful for Saturday.
Grateful for sleeping okay lately.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 08-27-2022, 10:18 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

PalmerSage - I'm grateful, too, that the tumor hasn't grown. How is he feeling?
ClearPath- That sounds like a lovely Friday night.
CBS - I found a nice tool for trip planning - you can choose how far you feel like driving. Within Hours
Grateful MrH got the lawn mower started after about an hour of trying to crank if up.
Grateful to be visiting a huge flea market tomorrow. There's always an overwhelming amount of other people's junk to stare at.
Grateful for a lovely summer Saturday (Sunday for our Aussies).
Grateful for our GP family.