Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 118

Old 08-18-2022, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Morning Gratitude Part 118

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-117-a-20.html (Morning Gratitude Part 117)
D

Old 08-18-2022, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

This morning I am grateful for:
- a food delivery coming full of foody goodness.
​​​​​- mild weather perfect for gardening
- my lovely daughter coming to visit
- all the things ❤️❤️❤️

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 08-18-2022, 10:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning Zura.
This morning i'm grateful for not having to wonder where my next drink is coming from, not having to do "beer math".
Old 08-19-2022, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grateful to have a bit of time to pop in.
Grateful to see Vik and Zura posting.
Grateful for the milestones people have marked lately—60 day chip for CP, 20 months for CBS, and anything else I’m forgetting. I myself hit 5 months yesterday and I’m very grateful for that.
Grateful I made it to my lawyer mom meeting last night. It was a double winners meeting so Al Anon and AA together. It’s probably my favorite meeting format. The Al Anon stuff really hits me to the core. The part that stuck out to me from last night was just about getting our body to the places it needs to be so the rest of us can heal and get what we need. I also thought a lot about how sometimes we need fake it till you make it to get on a certain path.
Grateful, so grateful, just unspeakably grateful that it finally rained here. And not just twelve drops like the other times. Some actual beautiful rain.
Grateful for the ease of online shopping.At times it can be dangerous but for things that I wouldn’t know where to find a good one (eye patches) or things my stores are regularly out of so it’s super inefficient, it can really come in handy.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful my son is saying he will go on an “IKEA date” with me tonight. We’ll se if it materializes but I’m sure hoping it does.
Grateful for this wonderful group.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for the new part. Thank you, Dee!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grateful I slept well
Grateful for Riley's haircut yesterday
Grateful for a beautiful morning
Old 08-19-2022, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!!!
NL, an Ikea date sounds like the best date ever! Let us know if you go, and find anything good. Also, huge congrats on 5 months!!!
Vik, all too familiar with alcohol math, as well as bottle/can disposal management - I love what Hev said about "the time when we weren't us."
Free, so excited about your new home build!
Alpine, I'm sure Riley looks adorable and is much more comfortable too.

Grateful for coffee - we had to pick some up at a convenience store last night so it's not the best, but it's warm and caffeinated.
Grateful my son's move is behind us. It was a rough one, but we all made it in one piece. I forgot about my mantra to only control myself, and ended up being kind of ridiculous about my son's dorm décor (too many expectations about a room that isn't mine). My husband was ridiculous too (about different things) but I kind of ended up looking like the crazy one. Luckily, we had amazing weather, good parking, didn't overpack too much, and didn't forget anything major. And he's settled and we did what we could to prep him for whatever comes next.
Grateful I took today off of work, I'm desperate for a re-set day!
Grateful to be sober.

Old 08-19-2022, 05:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the new part!
Zura I hope you have a lovely visit with your daughter.
NL I hope you have a fun Ikea date. I have never been but the closest one is 2.5 hours away.
Alpine I am glad you slept well.
Vik I am glad you are not doing beer math anymore. ;0)

Grateful for a sunny beautiful morning here in the mountains.
Grateful that all the cousins made it here safely. No flights cancelled etc.
Grateful that everyone is getting a kick out of my 6 year old granddaughter. She was running the show yesterday. She had all the adults doing her bidding. She provided lots of laughs.
Grateful I managed to get through the night without too much FOMO as I watched everyone drinking beer, wine , liquor...I just sipped on my mocktais and tea.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Grateful to check in and see you all. Like Palmer said the other day, I’m reading but having a hard time consistently posting finding the time. It’s been a challenging week with catching up after be8ng gone last week, sonny boy starting school, and boss on vacation two weeks (I’m her back up). Sorry for the wine. Grateful the bosses boss gives me so much support and is so nice
Grateful sonny boy has decided to stay in school. Lol. He literally wanted to drop out the first day then it turned out to actually just be wanting to switch classes which was difficult enough. Then he decided not to. We gave him the choice - he was automatically enrolled in advanced math. He didn’t want to out in the extra work but for various reasons he’s sticking with it. Grateful his good friend made it in that class too and while they both wanted to drop it they are hanging in together so hopefully they’ll motivate each other
Grateful it’s Friday. Love you all. Gotta run
Old 08-19-2022, 06:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Grateful for our Dee, the glue that keeps us together and the support that keeps us lifted. You are truly a gift!

Grateful Zura has a nice delivery coming
Gtateful CBS got through the night without trouble knocking too hard
Grateful Riley got a cut yesterday. They always smell so good and look cute afterwards
Like PS and many of you, grateful for coffee
Grateful slept like a rock.
Grateful and ungrateful Sanders dark chocolate caramel sea salt squares taste so good 🫣

Grateful for a light schedule today

Old 08-19-2022, 02:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NL - Congrats on your 5 mos free - how wonderful.
Hoping all the GP kids have a drama-free school year. Maybe it'll even be a great one.
Grateful for another beautiful summer day. Getting dark a bit earlier though.
We have company & I can't be rude. Thinking of you all.
Old 08-19-2022, 03:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning to you Vik ☺️
NL, I hope your IKEA date with your son happens too, very cute!!
Hope all is well for you and your peeps FBL.
Glad it's a beautiful morning Alpine, the photos you post show a beautiful landscape, enjoy!
PS, glad your son is all settled in, exciting new chapter for him!
CBS, sounds like a lovely get together.
Fearless, I hope you get some downtime soon, that's alot.
Free, I'm glad you enjoyed a yummy treat.
Hev, I hope your company is enjoyable.

This morning I am grateful for:
- fun binge watching 'our show' with my daughter, lots of shared laughs and soppy awww moments.
- for a home cooked meal last night and a naughty icecream treat.
- for a nice evening walk in the dark with my daughter to get said treat.
- for a peaceful quiet morning and more family time over the weekend.
- that my son's sleeping schedule seems to be back on track *touch wood.

Best wishes to everyone ❤️
​​​​
Old 08-20-2022, 04:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Grateful for the rain in Texas. NL, I just checked the forecast and it looks like more is on the way?! Congrats on 5 months!
Grateful for Zura's naughty ice cream treat.
Grateful for all of the 'back to school' shares. Classes at MU (University of Missouri) start on Monday for my son. Excited for him as he enters his senior year.
Grateful for a fun, but tiring, sleepover with the granddaughter on Thursday night. I'm a little sad that I'll be turning in my Superpapa cape now that I'm returning to work. It will make me appreciate our time together even more, I suppose.
Grateful for the backlog of podcasts and TV shows that I have in my queue. Trying to force myself to moderate and not binge. Moderation isn't something that comes natural, if anyone here can relate. LOL
Grateful, as always, for my August 2021 class, which keeps me accountable. Happy to call them friends.
Grateful to the GP. Always enjoy catching up on what is going on here.
Old 08-20-2022, 04:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Dee, thank you so much for the new part! Can’t believe I forgot to say that yesterday.
Everybody, sadly, my IKEA date was not to be. It was raining and my son was really not feeling it and if you have ever experienced doing an activity with a teen who is not into something you will know why I chose to just head home. If it had been something mandatory I would have made him but it was a long first week and everyone (including myself) was tired. I think we’re just going to look online or I go on a solo date. Is that a date? I always used to say I was taking myself on a date. I think it counts.
Zura, that sounds so special with your daughter.
Fearless, can’t remember if I mentioned here but my first drop off with my sonny boy took 40 minutes to get him out of the car. Thankfully he eventually bit the bullet and went in. Such a big change to walk into a huge high school for the first time without seeing any friends.
CP, yes it did rain more! I am aghast and agog and so grateful.
CBS, it can be so hard when everyone seems to be having so much fun. A thought I’ve been sticking with from This Naked Mind is just that it’s really not the alcohol that makes it fun—it’s the event and companionship. I can’t remember if you read it but I just re-read it and really got more out of it the second time FWIW.

Grateful it finally feels doable to try to get on my indoor bike trainer and that I made time last night to get things set up.
Grateful for indoor plumbing and shelter from bugs.
Grateful I can do the Friday 9 p.m. dance pick up and not have to get through any booze related logistics other than trying to make sure my husband never does that pick up since I can’t rely on him to do it sober.
Grateful for coffee in all its forms.
Grateful for my silly dog who I need to go walk before too many other people wake up and get out and about.
Grateful for this incredible group of humans.
Old 08-20-2022, 04:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

NL, Huge Congrats on five months. I’ve never set foot in an IKEA…..
Grateful CPs son is a senior.
Grateful Zura had a nice walk and ice cream treat. My fav is coffee almond fudge
Hev, is your company yucky? Or they keep you on your toes?

Grateful for coffee
Grateful I decided to scream ‘Hey, HEy, HHEEYY! knock it off! GOODNIGHT !!!!🤬🤬🤬
At 11:45 pm last night to people screaming in our bricked courtyard
Grateful I fell back asleep relatively quickly afterward.
Grateful to have a giant hike today, and that the hikers are super fast. Lightening coming in at noon.
Grateful for dinner out last night with new friends. They had seven drinks between three of them. So glad I don’t do that anymore.
Grateful for coffee
Old 08-20-2022, 05:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grateful for a quiet evening
Grateful to get some organizing done
Grateful I can talk with Mr. A today , Miss him
Grateful for all of you
Old 08-20-2022, 06:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

For those of you who haven't been to IKEA - you should try it if you ever get the chance! A fun experience - although I haven't been in years.
NL and Fearless, school trepidation is really tough. My college son is taking 5 classes (which seems like a lot?) and he's worried about making it from one to the next in time. I'm sure (hopeful?) he'll figure it out...?
CP, I hope your return to work is rewarding.
Hev, like Free I hope your company isn't the high-maintenance kind.

Grateful for coffee (convenience store kind again).
Grateful for a lower-key day yesterday, I really needed it.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 08-20-2022, 08:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Zura, sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your daughter ❤️
Clearpath, your son is a college senior now?! That’s exciting!
Numblady, 40 minutes. Ugh! These things really mess up our mornings don’t they? Sorry your IKEA date didn’t happen but I know exactly what you are talking about! I really enjoy Naked Mind and the podcast
Palmer, that seems like a lot to me too. Well this parenting thing....not sure what phase is harder - the early years or the teen years? I guess it’s different for everyone and every stage has its own challenges and difficulties. Sonny boy has an attitude. Trying to balance giving him the independence he wants and setting boundaries and expectations. It’s tough. I am glad he has a good circle of friends and all the moms know each other, a couple of them being close friends
Grateful Mr F and I met with friends at a karaoke bar for 80s music. So much fun. Grateful for the mock tail menu
I did not embarrass myself - only watched others and danced a bit. Lol
Grateful the deer have not eaten the naked ladies in the yard this summer. Not sure why but I’m glad
Grateful for the panoramic windows and view from the living room
Grateful to head out for a run, hopefully a long one
Grateful I get to see good friends tonight at a wedding reception
Old 08-20-2022, 09:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new part, Dee!
Vik and Zura, glad you're here.
Grateful to catch up on all your lovely posts after a few days away.
Grateful for a nice camping trip to the coast, and paddling with sea otters.
Grateful for watercolor painting while I'm camped in my van ... a great way to pass the evening when I don't have internet. I'll share here my pic of the sea otters, and my painting of the slough. otters2.jpg