Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 118

Old 10-04-2022, 05:24 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

I have never gone to any high school reunions. No desire
Hi marezdoats. Now I have that song in my head. LOL
Old 10-04-2022, 07:28 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

CBS, hope you are doing ok. That has got to be painful. I hope with treatment, your symptoms will go away or at least improve so you are not in pain
Numblady, the dial soap - yes, lots of memories and associations. Even one bad one having my mouth washed out with it for using the F word. Lol. Glad that’s not an acceptable discipline anymore
Alpine, hope you are feeling better
Ive missed a few days so grateful to be back
Grateful to feel a little less depressed and mood is lifting. A dad of one of sonny boys old friends took his life. He hung himself. The boy is the one who found him. Remembering a couple of exchanges with the dad on a camping trip and another get together. He was a nice man, seemed like a great dad, had his hands in everything. On the outside seemed like he had a perfect life. Good looking family, well adjusted kids, beautiful home, lots of money, traveling across the world. My heart sank when I heard this. Thinking of the family and the boy especially. Hearing of a suicide and talking about it in general is triggering for me because of my family history.
Grateful to get a grip. Have a therapy session today too
Grateful to go with the flow of life including the up and down rollercoaster with sonny boy. Grateful these last couple of days have been good and bonding. We even worried on art together. He is so talented
Grateful for opportunities at work
Grateful for the things I take for granted - my home, my husband, my son, my job and work life balance. Healthy food, Netflix, technology, financial means to pay for things I want including travel. Grateful for my resiliency and grateful for my sobriety
Grateful for this group
Old 10-04-2022, 02:58 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Just a quick one - I am grateful for all of you.
:
Old 10-04-2022, 03:34 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

Hev - flowers blooming, sunsets and pot roast sounds very idyllic. Mmmm roast 🤤.
CBS - diverticulitis sounds awful, I'm glad your mending. You must be a bit over pain and discomfort!
Britbird - they sure are comfy. I loved the US tv show where the son gets himself a pair and his dad pays him out about his girly slippers. The son retorts that they're not slippers, UGG is Australian for boots 🤣🤣🤣. Glad the weather is staying mild for you.
NL - glad the meetings are lightening up, I can't imagine anything worse then even one meeting a week 🤣.
Alpine - street tacos sound a treat, I've never had them (I've had homecooked). Enjoy your canoe getaway.
Marezdoats - welcome, glad you found us too ☺️.
Free - I'll have to figure out how to post pics one of these days so I'll put it in my to do list.
Fearless - that's so devastating 😥 these things sure do make you appreciate our loved ones and lifestyle more.

This morning I am grateful for:
- new lightweight battery operated garden equipment. I'm very old school usually but with the rate my garden is growing and expanding combined with the rate my bodies aging I decided to be kind to myself.
- the rain, even if it put a dampening on my planned garden works today.
- that my car is holding out. It's close to 30 years old, I'll be glad to upgrade that soon too. It's time to let the old girl go lol. It's a girl because my son named her Bessy when he was a kid, i still laugh about that.

Have a good day all ❤.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:35 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I have never gone to any high school reunions. No desire
Same here, Alpine. I didn't want to see most of them while I was there in the first place!

Grateful for some beautiful weather lately.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:37 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Marezdoats, welcome! Glad you found your way here.
Zura, wow it is awesome you’ve held on to Bessy that long!
Fearless, what overwhelming news. I am so sorry. The pain people are in when they think the world would be better off without them, it’s just awful to think about. Big hugs.
Free/Alpine/FBL, yeah reunions are just kind of weird — I’m using it as an excuse to have a weekend with 3 old friends and the reunion itself is just a few hours out of that. Plus I get to see my family. I do sort of wish I was fabulously wealthy and extremely fit … but that is ego and it should get out of the way.
Hi to everyone else!

Grateful for parents raising challenging children. Watched a documentary on Netflix about kids/young adults with severe autism. Just made me appreciate so many parents out there.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for enough life experience to know feelings will pass, even though it remains hard to believe at times. Feel disconnected and useless at work and in life. Guess I am sneaking in a whine — but am genuinely grateful I know I won’t feel this way forever.
Grateful I’ll have a four day break from pet and kid responsibility starting tomorrow morning.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:09 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Good morning, NL. Shake that off like a booger, or shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Quick! Name three things you like about your job. I’ll name one, you get four more…..Provides a good income!

Name five things you like about your life…..Quickly, now….. no hesitation.

You have arms, legs, hands and feet that move when you will them to. My mom was paralyzed when she was 45. It was horrible.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:12 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Fearless, my brother committed suicide in 1982 on Christmas Eve. It still hurts. A good wealthy friend stood in front of a train 3/27/18. He had EVERYTHING. Private jet, big house, trophy wife, a cute grandson, successful sons. Never said a word, not even to his wife. It’s horrible.

My prayers to the family, and hope the son that found him gets to process when he’s ready (of the family you spoke of that just suffered that traumatic loss).
Old 10-05-2022, 04:17 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Grateful for short but sweet sleep
Grateful I breathed through the tough parts yesterday, and had another little talk with husband. We are all stressed, but we need to speak with each other as if we’d like to spend the rest of our lives happily married. It takes effort to make love bank deposits, and too many love withdrawals without replenishing the bank is t too good for healthy marriage.
Grateful for quiet time on SR drinking my coffee
Grateful to have my in-laws take us to dinner last night, it was good conversation and such a blessing, we included eldest.
Grateful to be able to afford all the things my eldest needs for her condo. It’s hard for her to shake the homeless and scared life she lived for so long. I’m tearfully so thankful she’s made it to this point, and realize each day she chooses sobriety is a gift.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:20 AM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Grateful to notice today is the day, at 403 days sober (not the date), when I relapsed in 2019.
Grateful to realize that sobriety isn’t recovery, and sustained sobriety doesn’t equal drinking control.
Grateful to accept I’m a pickle. And can’t go back to being a cucumber.
Grateful to accept that the places I’ve been in life have brought me to the now, where I’ve longed to be all my life.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:00 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - It's terrible about the man who took his life, I'm so sorry to hear. I always say I'd never want to leave behind a mess for everyone - but MrH always says if you reach that point you are in so much pain you don't think logically.
Zura - You will probably be emotional when you say goodbye to Bessy. (Or maybe it's just me who is silly. )
Numb - I'm sorry you're feeling that way - we think you're great. I know it will get better for you.
Free - I'm glad it's now, not 2019.
Grateful for our GP.
Grateful all the sweets are out of the house - I must get back on track.
Grateful for warm weather during the day - can still sit in the sun.
Love to ALL.

Old 10-06-2022, 04:52 AM
  # 512 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to remember Rusty Zipper and his love of Al Lewis with my special Halloween avi.

Grateful that I was sound asleep in bed when there was a horrible car accident in front of my building last night.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-06-2022, 06:37 AM
  # 513 (permalink)  

FBL, I’m glad you are ok and just slept through that. I am grateful you mentioned zipper. Miss him!
I have never been to a HS reunion. Most of my friends were either at a different HS - the one I attended first two years, or from church, or a different grade. I had one close friend in my grade and she was the one who cheated on me with my first boyfriend. So not interested in visiting my hometown. Nope
Numblady, I’m hoping your mood has lifted. I occasionally feel that way too. Yes, it is important to remind ourselves that all these feelings pass. I remind myself that I am useful and valuable just by existing being a positive force for those around me. Sometimes it’s hard
Free, the pickle- cucumber analogy is such a good one for why we can’t go back. I’d rather be a pickle anyway. We have more depth 😊
Hoping Turps is enjoying Italy
I am sorry for all those who have lost loved ones to suicide
Grateful to hear from Palmer Sage
Grateful to catch up with a good friend last night and make plans for a visit
Grateful for friends who are understanding and nonjudgmental. They are hard to come by
Grateful the house did not burn down. Mr F left a cast iron pan with the stove on. Need to keep an eye on him
Grateful my therapist was able to reschedule my session to today. Car broke down the other day because the battery went out. Grateful Mr F could quickly take care of this. They sure don’t make batteries like they used to
Grateful to grieve over the loss of a big account. It’s the one I’ve talked about a lot here. It was the result of a merger acquisition so I’m grateful it had nothing to do with my performance. Just a little sad because I worked hard on this for six years. There was a lot of intensity and it took a lot of my time. I am grateful to have my time freed up now especially since change is happening on other accounts that will demand my attention
Grateful Mr F and I are getting together with new friends tonight
Grateful for time for a long run today
Grateful for you
Old 10-06-2022, 10:29 AM
  # 514 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FBL - Grateful for that memory of our RZ.
Grateful for warm sunny days still happening.
Grateful the skunk who was eating our lawn has moved on.
Grateful for reasonably good health.
Grateful for you all.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:03 PM
  # 515 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

FBL - 🤣 so true about high school.

NL - I didn't have her the 30 years (I was about ten when she was manufactured lol). I bought her second hand for very cheap about ten years ago. She'd probably have run forever if I'd had the funds/know how and spare parts to maintain her better.
I hope your break is a good one and your feeling better. You've been through so much and been so positive. It's expected to have some downs but you deserve the best so I hope it's very short lived.

Free - you've had lots of tragedy in your life, I'm so glad your life is now what you dreamed of. Congrats on all your sober time.

Hev - I don't think your silly at all lol the car took us on many grand adventures and is full of memories of a good chunk of my children's childhood. I'll miss her character and reliability too.

Fearless - very relieved for you that there wasn't a fire. It's a worry when people leave things on. My son has these bad habits and on one occassion went to bed, he sleeps heavily and didn't wake up to the fire alarm 😳 I was up in a flash and he'd left the grill on and the fat drippings had filled the place with smoke. I'm scared to leave him unattended at home and/or expect one day I'll wake up to the house on fire.

This morning I am grateful for:
- my loved ones being safe and healthy.
- the lush green foliage from all the rain.
- seeing the creek rise and hear it's roar, there's just something about it that makes me feel alive.
- my son is being responsible with his new job.

Have a great day everyone ❤️.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:43 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  

This morning I am greatful it's Friday 😴
Old 10-07-2022, 02:43 AM
  # 517 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread starts here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-119-a.html (Morning Gratitude Part 119)

D