Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 118

Old 08-20-2022, 09:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Elkhorn Slough for web.jpg
Old 08-20-2022, 10:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NL - One can defnitely take oneself on a date.
Zura - Sounds like a lovely evening. It's glorious to be at peace.
ClearPath - Can relate for sure. (Thankfully, for me these days it's about dessert, not drinks. )
Free & PS - 'Twas icky. Know-it-all cousins. Yes, kept on toes & uncomfortable. Free-hope the giant hike is fun, not too challenging.
Turs - I love the pics & the painting. Didn't know what a slough was, so I learned something.
Grateful to have washed every single throw rug in the house.
Grateful for pleasant neighbors.
Grateful I'm still losing weight a teeny, tiny bit at a time.
Grateful for YOU.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's a lovely, positive way of looking at less time with your grandkids CP.
NL, a solo date is certainly a date!! Sometimes they are the best kind.
Free, your hikes sound awesome, enjoy!
Glad you get to talk to hubby Alpine.
PS, Im sending good thoughts for your son making it between classes easily.
Sounds like a great night out Fearless ☺️
How awesome you got paddle with the sea otters turps! I really love your watercolour.
Hev, sorry to hear your company is not the pleasant kind 😳

This morning I am grateful for- slowly getting my produce garden beds ready for our upcoming spring.
- warmth and comfort in the cold season- to have a bath to soak my sore muscles in- to have enough food and ample clean water
Hope everyone has a great day ❤️
Old 08-20-2022, 03:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am always in for a giant hike, especially when we lived in CO
Old 08-21-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Fearless, yes with the attitude! Mine spent the better part of an hour raging because I was making him take a 15 minute break from games (that started when he quit raging( after he cursed up a blue streak and then told me to shut up. More than once. I felt more at peace than I have with it because my therapist is helping me just do what I think I should even if I could argue myself out of it and to focus on that thing, that moment instead of trying to do a full trial of how I’m a failure of a parent in my head. Also his dad wasn’t home and wasn’t coming home and that helped. Anyhow here I am making it about myself again but I feel solidarity with you.
PS, that does sound like a lot of classes. hope he can give himself permission to drop one if needed.
Free, love that you yelled at the rowdy people outside and they listened. Good luck with the hike and avoiding the lightning.
Turs, your painting is awesome! I mean so is the pic but I love the one that you did yourself especially.
Zura, can’t wait to hear about your produce garden.
Hev/Zura thanks for hte support on the solo date!
Alpine, glad you will get to talk to Mr. A!
Happy Sunday to all!

Grateful that after the rains, I started hearing what I think are little frogs making noise in the evenings. Kind of like a chirping. Idk. Just haven’t heard it in so long.
Grateful I did get my IKEA date after all—just in a different format. My daughter had a friend sleep over last night and they wanted to just go up there and wander around. Okay! I’m here for that. It was just really sweet eating dinner out with them and then they went around filming tik toks or something that in retrospect I probably should have checked on but in the moment it just felt nice.
Grateful my son did finally leave the house and get outside. By the time I picked him up he was so smelly and covered in mud after wading in a creek (In the dark) looking for golf balls. He and his friends are convinced they can make money this way. He said it was a big day. They found a toaster on the side of the road, which they carried around with them (??), got banned from WingzUp (who does this??), and had their golf ball adventure.
Grateful their dad spent the first night over at his place. Which will hopefully be followed by more separation and him taking some ownership of setting up the kids’ rooms and having a couple days a week with them (but his social plans are already interfering in that…sigh). Whoops, that was not even a hidden whine sorry!
Grateful for an excellent meeting yesterday and picking up a 5-month chip. It was about how life changes when we quit fighting everything and everyone including alcohol. And are placed in a position of neutrality as far as alcohol is concerned. I get so much out of what people share. I finally remembered to bring a little notebook to write some of it down. Then of course left the thing just sitting there in the room. Typical Numblady!
Grateful I can be sober and present to do silly things like spend Saturday evening in an IKEA warehouse with a couple of sweet eleven year olds.
Grateful my son didn’t get bit by any snakes or whatever while golf ball diving in the dark.
Grateful for the peace I am starting to feel with their father moving out.
Grateful for this lovely group.
Old 08-21-2022, 05:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

NL, I love your IKEA outing with the tween girls! And this quote is really making me think: how life changes when we quit fighting everything and everyone including alcohol. It reminds me of what "they" say about resigning our roles as general managers of the universe. I have so much to work on in that area. Also glad that your son got out and about for some (mis)adventures. I can relate to the different ages having their own quirks, although I will say that I do prefer a lot of the teen boy stuff to some of the earlier ages - and now I probably jinxed myself?
Hev, those cousins sound super annoying - I come from a long line of know-it-alls and have the same tendencies myself - gotta keep an eye on that!
Zura, I so admire people who grow their own produce! What are you growing now?
Turs, I LOVE that painting so much! You're so talented - do you sell your works?

Grateful for coffee (back to Peet's today, yay!)
Grateful I was able to see my parents yesterday, and take my mom on a little outing, ice cream followed by a drive. Grateful I can help them with little stuff. Grateful to take a text from someone in my mom's family, who is fishing for info on behalf of my toxic aunt, at face value.
Grateful for many of the wonderful people who work with the elderly.
Grateful I was able to drive my son and his girlfriend to a carnival last night, and not worry about the pickup time.
Grateful to catch myself on too many negative websites, and come here instead!
Grateful we will soon have a better routine, once the school year starts (although I should be careful what I wish for!)
Grateful for the ability to pause and choose my reaction to the things that happen.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 08-21-2022, 06:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hev, yeah, that’s annoying!
Turps, you are very talented and I was also wondering if you sell your art works. I’m sure you could!
Numblady, loved your whole post!
Palmer, glad you got to see your parents and get them out for a bit
Grateful for a fun night at a wedding reception. A long time friends sonny boy got married.
Grateful to be heading out a few hours away to go to a family birthday party - sonny boys closest cousin.
Grateful I got a little work done yesterday so I won’t feel overwhelmed this week
Grateful for you!
Old 08-21-2022, 06:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

For me peeps here, I posted this in my class too.

Doing the 14er behind me there on Tuesday.

Grateful I control my arms, legs, feet, hands and mouth.
Grateful for coffee. Maybe will try Peets. Sure is getting expensive.
Grateful for sort of good sleep
Grateful we were able to move up golf time. Heavy rain expected.
Grateful we didn’t have an early start today
Grateful for all of you
Grateful to learn about, and love and accept myself. It’s a difficult process, but dating myself is a good idea❤️😁

Old 08-21-2022, 10:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NL - Glad you had your 'date' after all. It sounds fun.
PalmerSage - I know what you mean about wasting time online. I just spent 15 mins. looking at JLo's wedding pics.
Free - Gorgeous pic ! Loving the hat.
Grateful for each & every one of us - the strong & determined GP.
Grateful I slept again last night.
Grateful for rain - we're in a drought.
Grateful Covid outbreaks have lessened greatly - not gone completely, but so much better. What a time we've been through.
Grateful for hope & optimism. We can't always be upbeat, but I know we try.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hello Grat packers. I am behind again. I have read everyone's posts. But a few days behind on my grats.
Turs that painting is beautiful!
Hev I am glad you got some rain.
Free amazing with your hiking. We hiked 4 today and I am proud of that. Lots of change in elevation so still a good workout.
Fearless I am glad you enjoyed the wedding. I assume there was a lot of alcohol pouring and you were fine.
NL glad you got your Ikea date after all. Sweet 11 year olds, how nice. My husband's step niece is 11 and she walks around and belches louder than any boy I know and does not say excuse me. She belches more than she talks. And she is very rude honestly.
Zura I am with you on being grateful for the creature comforts.
PS I am glad you had a good outing with your mom.

Grateful that I am holding strong in spite of the all day drinking affair yesterday. Still in the mountains with my husband's family, about 20. Yesterday, people started at lunch and kept going all through the night. I drank a lot of Pellegrino and tea. Friday night my husband and I cooked for the crew and I struggled because while I was cooking while about 5 or 6 women were in the kitchen opening wine and discussing how good it was blah, blah ,blah. And I did not have the nerve to ask them to take it somewhere else. I was annoyed that they were clueless that this this would be hard for me. Grati whine sorry. Eventually my husband asked then to get out of the kitchen because they were in the way.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful that my granddaughter is having such a good time and the family is enjoying her adorable personality. Yesterday she said "Old people are more important because they have more problems." It cracked everyone up. It was in response to the fact that she was last (and did not like being last) to put her great grandmothers ashes around the sculpture in her mountain house garden.
Grateful for daily hikes in this amazing mountain town.
Grateful that even though it rains everyday we can still get in a hike.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 08-21-2022, 01:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

NL, sounds like a pretty good Saturday. I'm glad your feeling more peace ❤️
PS, sound like a busy day, I hope you got some 'me' time in.
Fearless, sounds like an action packed weekend for you.
Free, hope the hike was awesome, such an active lady. I'm looking forward to getting fit and starting a new exercise regime.
So glad you got rain Hevyn!!
CBS, good on you getting through that and good on your hubby asking them to scram. Your granddaughter sounds delightful.

Oh, my produce garden. I have a huge amount of garden beds and dwarf fruit trees, berries and grape vines. There's not much going on in the plot at the moment as it's cold season in a frost zone (Im in a colder part of Aus, no snow though) plus I'm topping up all the beds this season also so they've been kept fallow for that purpose. I've just got ALOT of garlic, and a few winter greens and herbs, my onions failed, I think the seeds were a bit too old and not viable. My garden is the centre of my world, so I don't have much of a life outside of that too talk about 😂

So, this morning I am grateful for:
- my garden 🥰
Old 08-21-2022, 11:42 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Morning all
grateful to catch up on the grats and the lovely pics too.
Grateful for a day where ive not a million things to do. Kids been running me ragged over the hols but still very much sober and here.
Grateful to be able to help a friend in need.
Grateful for the courage to try new things I wouldn't have done before sobriety.
Grateful for coffee in bed.
Grateful for my family.
Grateful for a very lovely afternoon tea on Saturday.
Old 08-22-2022, 04:02 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

CBS, ugh that is tough! How people go on and on about the booze like it’s some kind of holy event. And what a scam! People can’t really tell stuff apart … they just like to think they can and romanticize about pairings and stuff that isn’t really a thing except that society has accepted it is a thing.
Belching nieces! Know it all cousins! Family is sure complicated isn’t it? Glad we can make up fr-amilies in places like this.
Zura, I’m excited for it to get warm there just so we can hear more about your garden. Do you eat it all or sell it?
Free, can’t wait to hear more about the 14er and you conquering it.
Today I am thinking of least, Jack, Deserto and Mags. And Daisy and Aly. So glad for those who are here but also miss some of the one-time regulars. And of course the indomitable Rusty Zipper.

Grateful to be in my own living room with it quiet and the a/c set where I want it.
Grateful to see good friends last night and feel support especially from the ladies and then one of the husbands that is just the kind of person who actually knows how to do and fix stuff.
Grateful for people out there who can do things and fix things in a house.
Grateful my daughter wanted to stop into an open house in the neighborhood. Just love that she is up for antics like this. Oof, speaking of her being up I’d better go make sure she’s awake!
Have a wonderful Monday, everyone.
Old 08-22-2022, 04:26 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Free, that's a gorgeous mountain and an impressive-sounding hike!
Zura, like NL I'm intrigued about your garden - I'd love to learn more about how and when you started getting into growing produce.
NL, a partner in crime for open houses sounds amazing! And poor CBS, Belching Nieces sounds like the name of a terrible band.
BB, glad you're making it through the chaos of daily life with young kids!

Grateful for coffee (Peet's Major Dickinson blend, highly recommended).
Grateful for a supportive conversation with my husband about my parents.
Grateful I'm working so hard to help my parents without getting sucked into too much negativity.
Grateful I stepped away from work on Friday, I needed the mental break after all of these moves.
Grateful to be fantasizing about changing up my home office for back-to-school.
Grateful for a good conversation with my older son last night.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:20 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful that my friend Fran may get to go home from the hospital soon.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Grateful I slept well
Grateful I got to talk with Mr. A last night and this morning
Grateful it is raining.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:26 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

So much great stuff here, as always. Paintings, pics, master gardeners, hikers. And amazing, thoughtful insights.

Grateful for one week to get myself organized and into a better sleep schedule before work starts next week.
Grateful for finally getting caught up on yard work yesterday.
Grateful that my son starts classes today.
Grateful for another day of sobriety.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

CP, I’m jelly about the hard work. Can’t wait to have one of my own! Grateful you got to do some, and excited about your new old job back in your life.
Brit, good to see you!
FBL, love your steadfast Monday posts for the week. Praying for a speedy recovery for your friend Fran. Work must be different without your boss.
NL, there’s such a freedom to be free and moving forward, I love my alone time and space. Grateful you are able to be in the moment and be content, like a quiet living room space. Here, now. I’m learning it, and working to be present.
PS, you are a wonderful daughter.
Hev, that hat I call “my dork hat”. Works well for fighting off the rays ☀️🌤☀️🌤☀️
CBS, what a trooper. Agree, all the fuss about booze, and how great and fun it is. Lies, and 🤮🤢
Glad you sucked down a lot of club soda. I’m betting you feel WAY better than those folks the next day.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:37 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Great shot, Free!
Fbl, I hope Fran is ok ❤️
CBS, that must have been rough with such a long time around folks heavy drinking. Hopefully that made you feel strong!
Numblady, glad you are getting settled in
Palmer and Free, Peet’s Major Dickerson’s is our fav. Mr F is a Peet’s snob and does t like Starbucks. I got him a tshirt once that says friends don’t let friends drink Starbucks. Lol
Grateful for a fun time with family at cousins birthday party. There were about 15 grownups including some people we hadn’t met before. No alcohol there at all. No drinking. A couple family members are recovered. Not sure about the others story but it was very nice.
Grateful to watch sonny boy play with his baby and toddler cousins. He is so good and comfortable with babies. I feel like most kids his age would t have a clue especially being an only child. He’s a natural though.
Grateful to work on reprioritizing things at work. There are after shocks from the pandemic, such as high turnover and staffing shortages that have changed things making work more challenging in a lot of ways.
Grateful to have a meeting today that is a phone call, no zoom or virtual. Yay! This means I can go for a run without being in a rush to do my hair and makeup.