Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 118

Old 09-03-2022, 04:50 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Beautiful art. Thank you. This made my day. "When Cardinals are here, Angels are near."
Old 09-03-2022, 05:38 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Travelbug, grateful you are doing so well. Keep up the good work
Zura, grateful you have a great relationship with your daughter
NL, grateful you got your kitchen/life back and can feel at home again. And as for mowing the lawn, Yup, I never had a lawn where I grew up but now I am mowing my MIL's lawn.
Grateful I was able to use my sewing machine to fix my FIL's slippers that he uses in the NH
Grateful I did grocery shopping, laundry, and some house cleaning for my Mom
Grateful a friend texted me to chat via text..She was depressed and just needed an ear, we texted back and forth for a good hour. We couldn't talk because her children were in the room. I texted her back later and made her laugh a few times.
Grateful my hip allowed me to use my rowing machine 2x yesterday
Grateful Riley let me sleep in until 7
Grateful for a PM I got this morning. I made my day more then she will ever know
Old 09-03-2022, 05:40 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Picture I took a few years ago while we were on a bike packing trip
Old 09-03-2022, 05:43 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good nights sleep….it’s been awhile.
Grateful for a new day in grace.
Grateful for feeling much better.
Grateful for family and health.
Grateful for the Great and merciful God.

Old 09-03-2022, 06:42 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Good to see you Intro. Glad you are feeling well.
Zura, Turs and NL thanks for the kind words about grief. I hope my therapist is helpful with that and my sobriety issues(mostly nagging PAWS). That is asking a lot I know.
Alpine is that some kind of Chickadee?

Grateful for a quiet Saturday morning. My husband has gone hunting. My granddaughter comes over later.
Grateful I found an Airbnb for about the same price as the hotel for our trip next weekend. Tennis Championships and our 40th anniversary of meeting each other. So even if my team is not winning I can celebrate my husband's and my longevity. I feel truly lucky. There have been bumps in the road for sure. But 40 years. Man that makes me feel old.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for my milk frother.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Gotta go get my walk in before my granddaughter gets here! I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:54 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hi all, coming in quickly because I'm getting a very late start this morning! I slept until 9!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to come to some important realizations about the source of my constant stress (mostly related to the condition of my house, which I know sounds silly).
Grateful my husband went to my younger son's meet.
Grateful for my sweet dogs.
Grateful for a productive day at work yesterday.
Grateful I've taken small steps to eat better.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:23 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Grateful I figured out the internet on the jet
Grateful we slept in a hotel last night not the airport, our plane was turned around yesterday for bad weather
Grateful for two cups of coffee this morning
Grateful for all your posts
Old 09-03-2022, 08:42 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I haven't been online for awhile. This morning I am grateful for my sobriety. Thank you to my HP!
Old 09-03-2022, 09:12 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Welcome, ShilohWon!
Grateful for this beautiful cool morning. Hot weather is ahead.
Grateful to live near the ocean.
Grateful for babysitting time with my grandbaby yesterday and time with my daughter-in-law.
Grateful for friends in my bereavement group.
Grateful for this group.
Old 09-03-2022, 09:55 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

CB, I believe so. Our CO wildlife books are put away
Old 09-03-2022, 10:11 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Travelbug, congrats on day 6!
least, you are such an inspiration and were one of the first people I met on this site. I love you!
Free, O. M. G. Stunning! This is on my bucket list. But it might be that I check it off vicariously through you
Sorry about all the typos in my last post. I’m truly embarrassed and should proof better. For some reason when I start a word with an I, it always uses the capital I and doesn’t let me type out the whole word. I guess my fingers go too fast on the wrong keys.
Numblady, glad you have your space and kitchen and you must be feeling a renewed sense of freedom and independence! Grateful for all the support you have. Congrats on the raise!
Zura, so wonderful that you have good relationships with your kiddos. What is your secret? Lol. My sonny boy is up and down, off and on, and it is one very big emotional rollercoaster like the colossal at magic mountain! I need a better seatbelt/harness for this one.

Grateful my tattoo is healing nicely. No more itching. Keeping it moisturized often. There’s a little bit of flaking but that is normal at this stage. Anyone who thinks about getting a tattoo should know that the recovery time is more like 4-6 weeks, not 4-6 days like the tattoo shops will tell you 😜. There are all kinds of phases and aftercare is super important! Glad I like googling everything to educate myself 😊
Grateful to receive a statement with my ESOP balance. Last year company did a stock split and I was also gifted stock with my bonus. So grateful since, you know, the stock market hasn’t done great this year and that’s affected my 401k
Grateful to start watching The Sinner on Netflix. So so good!
Grateful to get an early work out in
Grateful for skin care and mask products
Grateful Mr F is hanging some neglected artwork finally. I stopped nagging and he got to it on his own 😊
Grateful today is a new day. Yesterday was the worst. Adventures and nightmares in sonny boy land. Today is bright and cheerful
Old 09-03-2022, 10:34 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zura - Hope you get to enjoy working in the yard without pain.
Travelbug - Big congrats on your Day 6 - those early ones are rough, but you're doing it!
Alpine - Nice that you were there for your friend & she could share via text. Making someone laugh when they're down is the best.
There are 7 different types of Chickadee - who knew? I love the little things.
Shiloh - Wonderful to see you here.
Grateful for a gorgeous sunny day with a cool breeze.
Grateful we bought healthy stuff at farmer's market, but it was so expensive!
Grateful to be going away for a couple days to attend New York State Fair & visit friends.
Love to all.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:12 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hevyn, several years ago when she and I were working together she was highly upset and crying so I did something very shocking for her and made her stop crying and she started to laugh hysterically. Our boss who was trying to console her just shook her head and walked away. LOL
Old 09-04-2022, 01:13 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 6 traveling!

Been so busy.... but grateful for a quick post and say hello everyone 👋
Grateful to see family who live hours away.
Grateful for a quiet day for niggly jibs tomorrow.
Grateful for feeling ok despite 3 rubbish nights sleep! Great its so annoying!!!
Grateful for Netflix
Grateful for booking a little trip away, something else to look forward too.
Old 09-04-2022, 04:00 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

ShilohWon, welcome! Glad you are here.
Introvert’d, so nice to see you again!
Alpine, love how you showed up for not just your friend but mother and FIL (and hopefully yourself on the rowing machine etc.). I actually used to mow lawns when I was younger but that was more to just prove to the world that I was strong and tough. I didn’t actually like it. It was more of an affectation. Of course, now I’m glad I did since I need to actually do it the times my son can’t or won’t.
(((Fearless))) I am here if you want to vent or cry. It is so hard.
Free, forgot to say thanks for the incredible pics!
Hi and happy Sunday to everyone else!
CBS, I don’t think that’s asking a lot of a therapist. They need to figure out where you are and what is going on for you.

Grateful for the 3 day weekend even if I’ll end up using a lot of it, somewhat ironically, for labor. I realized yesterday that I just have a crap ton on my to-do list that needs to happen by the first of the week.
Grateful my daughter and I will go see the Minions movie together later today. Just hope she doesn’t talk me into spending too much money on snacks. The tickets were already so pricey!
Grateful for going to two meetings yesterday, one AA and one Al Anon. Grateful to see that a dad and his teenage daughter joined the latter for their first time.
Grateful for people who are finding healing in whatever forms.
Grateful I don’t have to pack lunches for tomorrow.
Grateful to happen upon a meme for my other gratitude group that I really like: “service is the rent we pay for being.”
Grateful for all of you.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:45 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

niggly jibs is back
Grateful that even though it was very late I picked Mr. A up at the airport last night
Grateful for a great night's sleep
Grateful for my 2 walks and 2 rows I did yesterday
Grateful I am finding my groove again, getting back into things I enjoy
Grateful for all of the wonderful support and friends I have here
Old 09-04-2022, 09:08 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

NL, that's another great quote! Have a great time at the movies, snacks are SO expensive though!
Hev, I hope you have fun at the fair - I had to look it up because I've never heard of it - it looks massive and fun!
Fearless, since this is a gratitude thread I generally focus on the positives with my teen boys, but I've yet to meet anyone who thinks they've figured it out. I feel like we're all struggling in different ways at different times.
Free, hope the trip of a lifetime continues to be amazing!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I was able to really sleep in after a horrible night with lots of waking until about 5 a.m.
Grateful I bit the bullet and washed my dogs yesterday. It's quite a production, but worth it because they're so much more comfortable (and fluffy).
Grateful I allowed myself to rest a bit yesterday.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:14 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Oh the niggly jibs. One for me today is changing the litter boxes! I have 2 cats and 3 litter boxes. Yuk...
Welcome Shilohwon!

Grateful for the US Open tennis to watch while I do Niggly Jibs.
Grateful we tried a new hike today and I did not fall in the water. It involved having to hold a rope to get over a pond on a narrow ledge. I meant to take a picture of it.
Grateful for a 3 day weekend.
Grateful for time with my granddaughter yesterday.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for Sr and the GP.
Old 09-04-2022, 02:15 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

I've missed so much so I'll just send out a collective well wish blessing to you all ❤️.

This morning I am grateful for:
- having all my physical needs met, I live a very simple frugal life yet I still feel like I'm basking in abundance.
- being able to develop a deep, rich internal emotional life.
- for having the luxury of space, solitude, tranquility and calm in a crazy world.
- that it's looking like it's going to be a beautiful day.

Have a great day everyone ☺️.
Old 09-04-2022, 02:51 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Grateful we finally got to Easter Island
Grateful the pilot played it safe and turned back to Lima twp days ago
Grateful to fuel over on Tahiti, we might set foot there too!
Grateful for a small window of internet on plane
Ever so grateful I have chosen sobriety