Morning Gratitude Part 118

Old 09-27-2022, 05:11 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 09-27-2022, 06:13 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Alpine, I hope today is better for you and that the intensity and any negative feelings have passed 🫂 ❤️
Numblady, agree - pets are great for this kind of practice 😊
Grateful for Fall and the changing of the seasons. Grateful for the reminder that change is all around us in all sorts of ways. It’s constant. We can choose how we respond to it. In our response lies our growth and freedom (reading from my signature) 😊
Grateful for long cool mornings extending in to long cool days so I can go for a run any time of day without planning around the heat
Grateful to schedule a therapy session for next week. It’s been a while. I’m looking forward to it
Grateful to remember we are not defined by any one thing
Grateful I think I can convince Mr F to get an air fryer and where to put it in our kitchen.
Old 09-27-2022, 06:18 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober
Old 09-27-2022, 10:07 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Grateful for feeling better from my flu. Grateful my friend in Italy also feels better from her covid.
Grateful we chatted by zoom this morning.
Grateful for volunteer opportunities at my church, tho some projects are challenging (I'm now in a leadership/oversight role, and our director is struggling with certain tasks). Grateful to remember it's not all about things that are fun and easy for me ... sometimes I have to put in some effort too.
Grateful for cooler weather.
Grateful to be mostly ready for my trip, just have to finish packing.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:35 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Grateful for all the help I am getting with making connections in the community and for my physical health and well beingGrateful for the help of my parents in my new homeI am grateful for the balances meal I made this evening
I am grateful that my house is a bit cleaner than it was 2 days agoI am grateful for being able to learn something new today on Guitar
Old 09-27-2022, 10:44 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - Cookies & treats. Excellent strategy, I must say. Air Fryer - we are contemplating one too. They really vary in cost, some do a lot of tricks.
NL - I think it's Nov. 6 for fall back? I read they were considering doing away with it all together, but I guess not.
Alpine - Grateful to see you.
Grateful to be going on a small trip for a few days - back to Ocean City, MD & Assateague (wild horses). It's still warm there.
Grateful we can talk about most anything here.
Grateful there was plenty of warning about Hurricane Ian. We have family & friends in Tampa.
Grateful for you!!

Old 09-27-2022, 10:45 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

dancook - Hello! Great to see you here.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:43 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

This morning I am greatful we all woke up. I am greatful the stomach bug seems to have left my house and my son is feeling better. I am greatful that my partner is having only half a day at work. I'm greatful we have breakfast and coffee.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:51 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Grateful for some sleep the past few nights.

Old 09-28-2022, 04:06 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hev, yeah, I saw that too. Looks like a bill making DST permanent passed the Senate but then I think didn’t go further. Maybe next term! Though I was surprised at some point to read about how expensive it actually is.
Grateful dancook is here. Welcome!
Grateful to see JW and Introvert’d.
Grateful my friend and her family in Tampa could relocate. But still hoping for miracles in terms of damage and destruction along FL coast and elsewhere.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:29 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Big hugs to Alpine, and Fearless for tough relationship issues
Big hugs to Zura, who struggles with both physical and emotional pain and is stoic about it
And a big hug to all those who are posting and lurking on this thread. We all want to be loved and hugged, accepted for who we are. We mean no harm.

Grateful got some painting done yesterday, three more coats on most of rest of apartment to go
Grateful hubby with help me paint today
Grateful my body aches today, because I remember why it aches (not for some I remembered drunken stumble-yep, it used to happen folks) (paining ceilings are the worst, folks
Grateful eldest didn’t blow up yesterday, this is VERY stressful for her also
Grateful the weather has been gorgeous
Grateful for peaceful quiet coffee right now, and the wonderment of the support on SR
Old 09-28-2022, 04:46 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober
Old 09-28-2022, 05:16 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Old 09-28-2022, 07:02 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Grateful for new and returning faces
Turps, glad you are feeling better and I’m excited for your trip!
Grateful for hurricane warnings and hoping everyone stays safe
Grateful you got some painting done, Hev
Grateful to start watching a Jack Ryan. Love the series and love the guy from Office!
Grateful to have slept in a little since I woke up in the middle of the night. I think I was having some sort of panic attack.
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for so many other things right now but gotta get going
love to you all
Old 09-28-2022, 09:58 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hi there fellow gratters. I am way behind. Crazy week with work and the hurricane. My family is in St. Pete and they have dodged a direct hit but my brother is being a stubborn man and staying at his house in evacuation zone a. His house is on a creek and his street floods in a thunderstorm let alone a hurricane. My sister is on higher ground but has a bad roof. Anyway, hoping for the best.

Grateful Ian is hitting south of most of my family. I hope my cousin is okay she is closer to the center but inland.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful my stepfather was evacuated from his assisted living on the water in St Pete to Tampa?
Grateful my boss approved my request for more hours. That will increase my pay and benefits.
Grateful for all of you!
Old 09-28-2022, 12:16 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Grateful I went back to sleep after awakening with anxiety about a volunteer assignment I'm on. Gotta work on managing that better.
Grateful to be packed, ahead of time, for my trip.
Grateful I felt well enough to do a bunch of yard work yesterday, it needed it.
Grateful for plans to babysit this evening.
Grateful my kids trust me to watch the baby for an overnighter next month.
Grateful for you all.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:08 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi all

I've not been very good at posting lately, been feeling a bit out of sorts lately but can't quite put finger on it, I think the lure of HRT is starting to win me over.

3 days away from 9 months sober and still loving sober life and the peace its brought to my life.

Hope anyone who is affected by the hurricane stays safe and well.

Grateful to have a catch up on everyone's news here.
Grateful for putting myself first sometimes.
Grateful for early nights
Grateful for being sober.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:12 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Free, very sweet post with love for all who post and lurk here.
Fearless, that is awful about waking up possibly mid-panic attack. I am really sorry and hope peace finds you.
Turs, really same for you—sounds like the volunteer assignment is pretty overwhelming. Hope you can find a way that it is less so or set some other kind of boundary around it.
CBS, if you can, let us know how it went with your siblings and the rest of your family. Prayers in the meantime.
Alpine, thinking of you. I hope you are doing roughly okay and/or that you can come here for support if you need more of it in your life. And proud of you for staying sober.
BB, is HRT hormone replacement theory? Whatever it is, hope you find whatever you need to get to feeling … I guess “in sorts”? Everyone always talks about being out of sorts but I’ve never heard what the opposite of that is. Read a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson yesterday about not being cumbered by regrets. Which is weird because people always talk about being unencumbered. Or maybe encumbered but not cumbered. Checked just now and it is a word. Weird. I digress.
Hi FBL!

Grateful I got some sleep last night and could go to bed by my desired 9:30.
Grateful our work bought a table at a luncheon where one of our newest hires (but an old colleague from my last job) was honored.
Grateful that for better or worse I’ve got to get a big deliverable turned in today. Hopeful i can take a bit of a breath after that.
Grateful for a few nights solo while the kids are at their dad’s.
Grateful the house is clean-ish after some little bursts of cleaning activity on my part last night.
Grateful for rescuers and helpers. One of the other women honored at the luncheon had started a relief org for families whose lives were disrupted by fires. It sort of morphed into an overall assistance org for when people are waiting for other assistance to kick in. They have fed a ton of people themselves, with their families taking vacation time to serve others. It was very moving.
Grateful to be here with you all.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober,this week has been a tough one. But no whines here on this thread
NL, thanks for you kind words and thoughts. It made my morning
Grateful for finishing another UFO,,quilter talk for unfinished object. I had pieced together a lot this past winter while Mr. A and I were living apart.
Grateful to have Riley pup by my side
Grateful for SR
Old 09-29-2022, 05:09 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker