Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 118

Old 09-21-2022, 02:44 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobirety
Grateful I now have 4..or is it 5..quilts quilted and all I have to do is hand sew the binding on which is what I will do while Mr. A is gone
Grateful I made Mr. Alpine and MIL the buttered garlic shrimp meal that they both like. I wanted Mr. A to have a nice fresh home cooked meal because he will be gone for a bit and usually does not have fresh foods when away. Kind of tough when working on job sites and living out of a hotel.
Grateful for how hard Mr. A works
Grateful to see Stripe last night..aka Toady. She is getting darn big.
Grateful for all of you
Old 09-21-2022, 03:29 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Grateful to be back after missing a day. Feels like I missed a lot!
Grateful for Free and CBS feeling feelings and processing grief
Grateful that least got some good sleep and a bit of relief from pain,
Grateful for Alpine’s pic and dog/cat diary.
Grateful for all of you here.
Grateful to go to a Zoom meeting last night where one of the lawyer moms celebrated EIGHTEEN years sober. Her sobriety could legally vote!
Grateful the kids go to their dad’s today for two nights. A couple of days feels like a good amount to recalibrate and enjoy some quiet.
Grateful to have less planned this week and weekend than the last several.
Grateful for therapy tomorrow.
Grateful that when I got pulled over for expired tags this week I stayed calm and friendly and only got a warning. I don’t think there is a causal relationship but I was glad I didn’t stay in my immediate defensive, mall cop attitude about the trooper who pulled me over. It can’t be an easy job and these negative places i go to in my head as a coping mechanism don’t really make anything better.
Grateful to realize how big a role storytelling plays in my discomfort—about other peoples’ motives, their inner thoughts, whether I’m rotten or okay, etc.
Grateful my battery charge on the keyboard held out for posting.
Grateful to be here.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:32 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

NL, I am grateful and happy to see you here. I miss you when you are gong. Enjoy your quiet time.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:52 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 09-21-2022, 05:45 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

I just want to clarify it was my brother's birthday that got me emotional on Monday. The anniversary of his death isn't until February 2023. But thank you for all your kind thoughts.

least I am so glad you got a full night's sleep. That is the best!
Fearless I hope you enjoyed your run.
FBL I am glad you got some extra snoozing in.
Hev I can't wait for fall weather. We have a few more days of 90s and then it is supposed to cool off.
Turs I hope you feel better soon.
Zura I love hearing the birds too. I try to identify them by their song.
Free congrats on surviving the booze pushing trip. That must have been hard or irritating at least.
Alpine do you sell your quilts?
NL I am glad you just got a warning and not a ticket.

Grateful someone else organized tennis this weekend. It is usually me that gets people together. Nice to be asked once in a while.
Grateful for remote work today. Yesterday I was in the office.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful my daughter got a rental car. She was rear ended Sunday and her car may be totaled. Fortunately, she was not hurt. Well maybe a little sore. Grateful my granddaughter was not in the car! The guy admitted he was at fault which is also helpful.
Grateful COVID seems to be slowing down.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:07 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NL - So true about the negative places we go to in our heads. Lifelong problem for me. Glad you remained chill when pulled over.
Alpine - I would love to have your creativity. I'm hopeless with needle & thread.
Turs - Hoping it's not covid - and that you feel better asap.
CBS - I'm glad your daughter wasn't hurt. Still in the 90's? Autumn will be especially welcome this year.
Grateful to listen the the headlines & then turn off the news. Nothing to be gained by feeling anxious & fearful.
Grateful for all the birds & critters that come to visit our yard. Except for the skunk.
Grateful for coffee with flavored cream. (Can't drink it black, but wish I could.)
Grateful for a visit from my neighbor - who trusted me to hold on to the extra key to her house. She locks herself out on a regular basis.
Grateful to be a person people can rely on - it wasn't always the case.
Grateful for you all - every day.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:11 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

CB, no I do not sell my quilts. I am sorry your daughter was rearended but grateful she was not injured.
Hevyn, thanks for the kind words. I do not think I am creative at all, I am just trying to keep my mind active in a productive manner and I find it centering.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:47 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Free, glad you made it through that booze pushing trip!
Hev, I’ve thought of Deserto too. Aly also. Hope you are well, Aly and Deserto
Numblady, that’s a lot of sober years. These people inspire me. I know what you mean about the story telling
Alpine, your quilts sound great
Palmer, hope all is well
CBS, ah I see about your brother. Grief can strike at any time. Glad your daughter is ok
Grateful a coworker was there for me yesterday. We are working on similar projects different clients. A new task for both of us. She gets it more than I do. There’s more math involved. Spreadsheet formulas. Concepts that I was struggling with and I have to present this all to a client Friday. I am feeling overwhelmed. I’m a little embarrassed because I started crying. I haven’t cried at work in a million years. I’m glad I didn’t cry to my boss and I’m glad this coworker has cried to me in the past and she was so supportive. As I was talking to her, I realized I was also feeling stressed about sonny boy and this was blending together with work stuff. She was very understanding since she has kids too. Grateful I’m starting to understand the project better as I spend more time on it
Grateful to get a clarifying email from sonny boys teacher and talk to sonny boy about it. Not sure how much he listened because he gets defensive and angry. But I did my best and he did acknowledge me
Grateful for a good run yesterday
Grateful for rain
Grateful for all of you
Old 09-21-2022, 11:18 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

NL, glad you stayed calm and got just the warning! I hope your two days are peaceful and rejuvenating.
Fearless, the spreadsheet struggle is real! I'm glad your coworker was supportive.
Alpine, how kind of you to make a special meal. Hope Mr. A will be back soon.
Grateful for a negative covid test, I just have some kind of flu bug. Grateful I was able to paint yesterday even though I was low energy.
Grateful my neighbor knocked on my door to remind me of street sweeping, saving me a $40 parking ticket.
Grateful for the little hummingbird who hangs out in the bare tree in my neighbor's yard, most mornings.
Grateful for this GP.

Old 09-21-2022, 10:30 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Grateful that feel quite refreshed despite waking at 5am! Seems 7 hours sleep is the max required these days!
Grateful to finally be in a regular routine with work/school etc.
Grateful to be crossing a few things off the large "things I need to buy" list.
Grateful for hugs 🤗
Grateful to see my children happy and content and loving life.

Have a great day all. X
Old 09-22-2022, 03:58 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Fearless, forgot to say yesterday that my sonny boy and I had another one of our “talks”. Talks is in quotes because it’s extremely difficult to have a conversation with him on school so I have to try to just come at things obliquely and use humor if at all possible. He basically described high school as a slap in the face in terms of how much they expect. But thinks he’s making the adjustment. Guess we’ll see what the ol’ report card says.
BB, that sounds very sweet about the kids loving life.

Grateful late next week it will supposedly cool off some. Highs still in the 90s but at least the lower 90s and getting into 60s overnight.
Grateful I don’t have to pack anyone’s lunch today, although I guess I might bring one for myself.
Grateful to see some old colleagues and a new work acquaintance for lunch yesterday and to get some delicious food in the process.
Grateful for having a meeting tonight—except I have to plan the topic and my ego gets me all worried it will be stupid and people won’t like it and all kinds of nonsense that I realize is nonsense but haven’t quite figured out how to stop!
Grateful I didn’t lose my post just now when I thought I did.
Grateful for this group.
Old 09-22-2022, 04:44 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful that even though we did not get to talk, Mr. Alpine texted me to let me know he made it safely. Poor guy had to plane flights, had to hop on the light rail to his work, then get the car and drive 3plus hours up to where he is staying near the job site. It was 2am by the time he got there. Big hug to him
Grateful for my adorable Riley pup
Grateful I was able to hand sew one binding on a quilt and have half of one on another
Grateful for the nice cool temps
Grateful for all of you. I feel like I am part of a family here which I don't really have in my life.
Old 09-22-2022, 04:49 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

NL, sobriety that can vote ! Ooo yeah, I’m gonna have my sobriety bote too. Just less than 17 years to go.
CBS, glad your daughter is ok
Alpine, I think you are my sewing soulmate…….can’t wait to see if my hand works
Grateful for Fearless and NL to have talks with their sons, that is a gift.
Grateful for police work, it is a thankless and dangerous task
Turs glad you didn’t get a ticket from parking in street
Brit, good to see you, and you too, FBL
Hev, I can’t drink my coffee black either.

Grateful to sleep in my bed for three nights before being gone for five weeks
Grateful to get a chemical peel in the mail, will try it out today.
Grateful for my coffee, in mega cups, in my bed, posting, next to hubby.
Grateful to turn my eldest around from being overwhelmed last night, and got her to laugh. She beats herself up about her brain injury. I related “gee, so sorry, but it’s genetic, not your brain injury”. Told of how I misplaced my passport, $600, and how many times I rolled through a gazillion pocket travel purse to “find” things while traveling.

Love to all
Old 09-22-2022, 04:52 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for some cooler weather on the first "official" day of autumn!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:15 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

BB so nice that your children are all happy. That is one of my biggest hopes for my children.
NL I hope your meeting goes well.
Alpine I would love to see some pics of your quilts.
Free Welcome Home! Where are you off to next?

Grateful that it is going to cool off tonight. Going down 30 degrees. Today we may have record setting heat. I hope we get some much needed rain with the cold front.
Grateful for the greenway near my house. I can take a long walk or bike ride
after a 1/4 walk down the street.
Grateful that my granddaughter is enjoying Tae Kwon Do.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP!

Old 09-22-2022, 06:18 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Turps, glad covid is negative but sorry you are sick and I hope you feel better ❤️‍🩹
Brit, so nice to hear your kiddos are happy and content. I have to remind myself that despite some of the challenges with school and other stuff, sonny boy has a great group of friends and he is more socially content these days than he ever has been before
Alpine, that was a lot for Mr A to deal with. Hope he gets some rest. I totally relate as far as feeling like you are all my family here. Our family in the computer as Least says.
Numblady, “the “talk” -yes, I get that. Funny, when I think the mood is right for me to swoop in and talk to my sonny boy I sometimes resort to humor too if he gets defensive. Yesterday that happened and I happened to see a pair of colorful maracas on his floor, picked the, up and started using them doing a little dance. He tried to hide it but I did catch him laughing 😆
Free, glad you are back home. Keep thinking about that amazing trip you took! I’m so glad you have a relationship with your daughter even though it’s got to be so hard not having one with your son 🫂
Grateful for one easy meeting today and more time to prepare for my presentation tomorrow. I have five meetings lined up tomorrow. Pretty crazy. So I’ll be so glad when weekend is here
Love you all!
Old 09-22-2022, 06:23 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Thanks all, and Fear, unfortunately he has to head out to the job site this morning. He was telling me he left his work things he needs in the truck and one of his coworkers had taken it out so now he is without his water boots to walk into a pipe with so his feet are going to get cold and soaking wet. Sigh. poor guy
I will have to take some pictures of the quilts.
Free, yes we are.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - I'm sorry the work project caused so much anxiety. I'm terrible at such things. Nice that you have a kindred spirit in your coworker.
Tursiops - I think our Hummers have left for their long trip south. I miss them. Will scrub the feeders & have them ready for spring.
Alpine - Yes, we're definitely a family. Sometimes better than our actual ones.
Grateful for a much cooler, sunny day.
Grateful for rain - even if the thunder woke me up at 4:30am.
Grateful for everyone here - and to know a bit about your lives.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:09 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Alpine, wow. I don’t know what Mr. A does but that sounds hard core! Wet cold feet are the worst.
Free, glad you could calm your daughter and diffuse some of the overwhelm. Brain injuries have caused so much difficulty to at least one other family I know—also an adult daughter. So tough when they are adults but struggling because of it. I had no sense of the kinds of rage and other damage they can cause but this woman used to have to leave calls because her daughter was screaming or whatever. I am glad you are sober and present for your daughter.

Grateful it’s cooling off somewhere! My yard is back to being crispy and/or wilted. It’s so hot here still. Okay now I’m definitely just whining again.
Grateful the meeting went fine. Everyone is so supportive. Plus I ended up being so tired I couldn’t really obsess over it. I don’t know what my problem is. I started watching the documentary about RBG and how she only slept like 2 hours sometimes and did all this stuff—and me, I can’t even stay up until 10!
Grateful for the weekend. I’m going to have to use some of it to work on a couple of work deliverables that it’s hard to find time for during the chaos of the normal day. But still. Grateful I’ll get some reprieve.
Grateful for this family in the computer.
Old 09-23-2022, 04:55 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Hi all, coming through quickly and really wish I had more time to read and post! Very busy week, but planning to get back in the habit of posting SOON.