Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 118

Old 09-08-2022, 05:29 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞
Quick drop in this morning. Wishing everyone a good day and grateful for you all.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:44 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Grateful to see Angkor Wat today
Grateful to see monkeys today
Grateful to be blessed by monks and witness their chanting
Grateful to have such a wonderful guide today
Grateful to enjoy the STRONGEST COFFEE EVER 😳🤓
Grateful I’m not one of the five quarantined for five days last night and will be sent home on their own money
Old 09-08-2022, 09:55 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Grateful for a trip by myself to Pt Reyes. Did lots of paddling, walked miles on the beach and found a whale skeleton, fell off my paddleboard and scraped my knees, lightly sprained an ankle, cut my toe in the campground, discovered a new creek to paddle in, slept like a baby. It was all really good fun and felt like a true summer vacation.
Grateful to be back home.
Grateful for choir practice this evening.
Grateful that although the heatwave continues in the daytime, it cools off at night, so I'm able to sleep.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:29 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Lol Free, sounds like you loved that coffee and glad you weren't quarantined.
Hev, its never ending isn't it, by the time I've finished celebrating the fact its empty its almost full again 🤣
CBS, hope your ok and tooth getting sorted.
Morning Zura 👋 and everyone else.

Grateful our lovely queen had a long and productive life, its was a very sad day but not unexpected. I watched it all unfold quite quickly on the TV and think everyone knew what was coming but still couldn't quite believe it! A new PM and a King within days. A historic week. RIP Queen!
Grateful i slept well after a late finish at work.
Grateful dinner is simple tonight.
Glad I'm feeling more chilled this week.
Grateful to be going to a party this weekend 😀 its all about the buffet table for me these days.

Have a good day all. X

Old 09-09-2022, 03:30 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Free, so glad you weren’t one of the 5. Can’t imagine how gutted they are to have to return home. Or, I kind of can and ouch. That would be really tough.
least, so glad you are feeling better.
Turs, sounds like quite the paddling adventure.
BB, yes to the buffet table being the focus!

Grateful for this beautiful quote one of my friends posted:
What kills a soul?
Exhaustion, secret keeping, image management
And what brings a soul back from the dead?
Honesty, connection, grace.
-Shauna Niequist
Grateful to think about image management in particular. I don’t think I’m really vain but I feel like there’s an extra layer I put between me and other people to try and control their impressions of me. It’s exhausting and stupid but I haven’t quite figured out how to stop.
Grateful I don’t really have the layer here. I’m just myself, though occasionally forcing myself to be more positive.
Grateful to get support from the lawyer mom AA group both with alcohol issues and legal ones.
Grateful to see so many old acquaintances at middle school back to school earlier this week.
Grateful my dog finally quit her yapping last night
Grateful for all of you.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:09 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Beautiful quote NL. Thanks for sharing.
Comforting thoughts to all of you in the UK.
Travelbug, hey! Fellow KC person here. I hope that you are doing well. Congrats on your sobriety!

Grateful to have a few minutes to post on here this morning.
Grateful that today is my first payday in a very long time.
Grateful to see the grandkids this weekend.
Grateful that football season is upon us.
Still grateful that Free continues to have internet access. Love the updates Free!
Grateful for cooler temps, though it still doesn't feel like Fall.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:17 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for an unplanned phone call with Mom yesterday. I had to call her when I heard about the Queen's passing as she was always interested in the Royal Family.

Grateful that Fran is doing much better.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:27 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

NL, that quote and your reflection on it is so insightful - it really says it all. I can completely relate to trying to manage other peoples' perception of me, I think I used to even do it here but not so much anymore.
BB, RIP Queen Elizabeth! Her death is making me want to rewatch The Crown, I know it's fiction but the idea that she was forced into this gilded cage is kind of crazy.
Turs, that sounds like such a great trip! So happy you had a little getaway.
Free, I'm also VERY relieved you weren't one of the 5, and get to keep enjoying the trip of a lifetime!
CP, happy to hear you've adjusted back at work.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful that although I was really irritable last night for some reason, I was able to mostly isolate and keep it to myself.
Grateful to restrain myself when I kind of wanted to rush in and fix a conflict at work. I find if I can pause, my reaction is better and I'm less likely to keep falling on my sword in search of a gold star (another NL insight!)
Grateful that I can help my parents by working from their apartment this morning. The last time I was there, my mom called me by her mom's name, which was a first. Hopefully it's not her new normal.
Grateful that grati-whines are acceptable here.
Grateful for morning quiet.
Grateful for my comfortable bed.
Grateful I've managed to keep the house tidy for 3 whole days.
Grateful my older son has been calling just to chat.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 09-09-2022, 07:22 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Free, so glad you are enjoying your amazing trip and glad you don’t have to be sent home!
Numblady, I love love that quote!
Alpine, glad you got the support you needed and I hope today is a better day
Palmer, sorry your mom’s memory seems to be worsening. It is shocking the first time your parents forgets your name or forgets who you are altogether. My dad had been married four times and would often call me by one of his wives names, or he’d call me babe which is how he’d refer to them. It was sort of funny but not. I always tried to find humor at these times.
FBL, I’m glad your friend Fran is doing better
Turps, I love your adventures and your balance of solitude and connection with others. The solo journeys sound so refreshing
Grateful to read all your posts
Grateful for an amazing time at the concert. Though I have to say Motley Crue is a bit crude and it was a little awkward with sonny boy with us. But we laughed about it and all agreed that part was in poor taste. I think so,e of the band members are sober, but I don’t think Tommy the drummer is
Grateful I have today off and am going on a girls weekend get away to the foothills. These are my oldest friends. Grateful we are all accepting of each other and no judgement
Grateful to have finished a grueling spreadsheet. I’m not naturally good with math and formulas. But I think I finally got a handle on it. Now I have to present it to a large client in a couple weeks. Grateful for time to prep
Grateful my client who is leaving is not leaving because of a service issue. It’s involving a merger acquisition
Grateful for slightly cooler weather this weekend
Old 09-09-2022, 09:17 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Brit, it is shocking to think the Queen is gone, after being here longer than my parents, and through so many eras and events. RIP.
Palmer & Fearless -- so disorienting, isn't it, when a parent gets confused about our identity? One time my mom told me "Oh, you look just like (my real name)". Fortunately, it was a one time occurrence, but it rattled me all the same.
Alpine, hoping you're having a better day.
FBL, glad you called your mom & glad Fran is feeling better.
Grateful for choir practice last night. I'm so grateful to rediscover the joy of singing with others.
Grateful it is cooling off this weekend.
Grateful for a quiet day, maybe get in some painting.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:54 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Turs - Sounds like a lovely time - hope you're not sore from the fall off your board.
NL - I really liked that quote. Image management - so there is a name for what I've been doing all my life. Grateful we know it's a waste of time.
PS - Son calling just to chat - that's a big deal. I was irritable too yesterday. I even gave myself a stern tallking to. ('What's wrong with you, Hev? Knock it off! etc.)
CBS - Hope you're doing ok & on the mend.
Grateful for another sunny day.
Grateful the skunk (or perhaps a different critter) that was eating our front lawn has gone away.
Grateful for MrHev's consistency.
Grateful to know I won't let myself down again. Here it is Friday - and no longing for alcohol. Who'd a thought?
Have a drama free day, everyone.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:23 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Been super busy with work, dentist, endodontist, travel and tennis tourney. But I have caught up on the reading.

Welcome Anais.
Free thanks for the updates.
To the Brits I am sorry about the Queen. But she sure did have a long life. Not sure how I feel about King Charles. Hope he can serve well.

I ended up not having a root canal. The short story is I have to decide if I want them to drill in and look at the tooth to determine if it is broken for sure or just have the tooth extracted. I have lost 3 molars in the past 2 years already. I clench my teeth and only recently started wearing a night guard. I hate the thought of losing another tooth. I guess I am going to have to go to the expense and pain of getting some implants.

I am at the state tournament and won my first match. The antibiotics are helping and I am taking advil and tylenol.

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful I won yesterday. And so did the team.
Grateful for a hike this morning.
Grateful for so many good restaurants to choose from in Asheville.
Grateful for all my friends in the computer.
Need to go cheer on my team in this afternoons match. Tata for now.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:27 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

CBS, amazing!

Awaiting test results. Many more people with positive tests that are asymptomatic.

This sucks.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:50 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

CBS, I feel the same about King Charles, I hope he serves us well too. I speak to alot of people through work and I think most would have preferred William but it is what it is, anyone following would have a very bit boots to fill. It was just weird waking up and seeing King Charles actually being written and spoken. Congrats on the win 👏

Turs, your right, shes just always been here hasn't she, hope you managed to get in some painting.

NL, I make it my mission to throughly enjoy the food on offer and pig out, it used to be all focused around the booze and many events I never so much as saw the buffet let alone ate it!!! And thanks for the quote, very true! Something I also worry less about now.

PS, I've always had an interest in the royals, but not excessively and I've never actually watched the crown, its on my Netflix list though.

Have a nice weekend away Fearless.

Hev, must have been the day for it, it started off well but by 9am I too was irritable with Mr Brit, not sure if was me overeating or him being totally annoying. Maybe a mixture of both bit the hormones are defiantly running wild this week so that doesn't help 🙄.

Grateful I slept well
Grateful kids are fighting downstairs and not in my bedroom while I have my coffee before starting the day.
Grateful for google maps (got me out of many lost situations &#129315
Grateful for seeing so many family members this weekend.
Grateful the gas and electric has been capped! Good work Liz Truss!
Ever grateful to be sober and for stumbling across SR.

Have a great day all.

Old 09-10-2022, 03:19 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Oh Free, my heart goes out to you—how stressful regardless of whether you have it. I am hoping you stay clear.
CBS, that is awesome about the tourney and your win!
CP, hooray for payday!
Fearless, how exciting on the girls’ trip!
Hi and happy Saturday to everyone else!

Grateful my friends are coming to stay and grateful that I had time and space to focus on getting their room ready. Nearly all of my furnishings look like they belong to a college kid, and I still didn’t do anything to the floor other than cover most of it with rugs, but it’s clean and serene somehow.
Grateful (?) I woke up at 4ish.
Grateful my son was in a good mood yesterday.
Grateful my kind friend sent us dinner delivery. Thai food! It fixes everything. ok not everything but was still very nice.
Grateful the urges I feel to drink now are so much less intense and generally feel kind of silly.
Grateful for yummy coffee.
Grateful to have a nice weekend of seeing old friends ahead.
Old 09-10-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Grateful for some time to post on SR this morning before the pool opens.
CBS - How you have the stamina to hike after playing in a tennis tournament amazes me. Maybe when I was in my 20s. Congrats on the win and I hope that you and your team continue to advance.
Grateful that my grandson is coming for a sleepover today. First time with the grandson. Hoping that my daughter can pacify the granddaughter, who won't be pleased. I'm at least a year away from being able to manage both of them.
Grateful that football season is upon us. Grateful for the excitement and comradery that wells up in KC with each new season.
Grateful for all of the great insights and quotes I run across here.
Grateful to be seeing life through clearer eyes.
Old 09-10-2022, 05:19 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 09-10-2022, 05:53 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Free I am so sorry about the COVID outbreak. I hope you stay healthy!
CP I only hiked on the day I was not in the lineup for the team. Today I play again. Fingers crossed I play as well as Thursday.
NL that is so sweet that a friend sent you dinner!
Hev glad the critter that was tearing up your lawn is gone.
Turs you sing, you paint, you paddle board. You are a new age renaissance woman!

Grateful that we like our Airbnb. But we have to check out this morning. It has everything we need and it is downtown, convenient to restaurants and shops. Though we haven't shopped at all. About the same price as the hotel with a full kitchen and much more room.
Grateful for my sobriety, 632 days.
Grateful I did not go to the player party last night. It would have been lots of booze and people and my husband and I were not in the mood.
Grateful Tiafoe made it to the semi final at the US Open. Sorry he lost but wow what a match. Alcaraz, the 19 year old spanish player was invincible.
Grateful for indoor courts to play on today because it is pouring out.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:29 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

BB, I would definitely recommend The Crown, every episode feels like watching a movie - so gorgeous, and the actors are amazing! I have some (possibly misplaced) sympathy for Charles as well, I feel like it's blasphemy to suggest that both he AND Diana might have been very problematic in their marriage? Although she was basically a kid, so there's definitely that.
CBS, huge congrats on your win, that's awesome!!! I can't wait to make it to Asheville one of these days.
NL, Thai food makes everything better! And if you need any help with low or no cost decorating, you know where to find me.
Hev, here's hoping we're both less irritable today, for the sake of everyone around us.
Fearless, Motley Crue, you're brave! Now I need to google them to see if it's the original band.
CP, have fun with your grandson! My nieces get similarly irritated when their brother sleeps over here.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a great night's sleep.
Grateful there's a football game today at my son's college, it's apparently a huge deal.
Grateful my younger son went camping with his best friend - they go to different schools now, but I love that they remained close.
Grateful I was able to spend a little time with my parents yesterday, even though my mom had a rough morning of confusion and agitation. Fearless, I'm so not looking forward to the phase you described, where your dad assigned various identities to you.
Grateful for beautiful weather.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 09-10-2022, 07:28 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Passed! On to India
CBS, wonderful way to go! 🎾👟🎾🎾🎾🎾