Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 93

Old 11-10-2021, 06:35 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Grateful for a beautiful drive in the mountains. Grateful for everyone here.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:14 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Good evening from a dark and stormy night . . . well the storm is probably mostly passing.

I kind of wrote my gratitudes earlier on the Cafe Central Forum but will do it again here as it bears repeating

Tonight I'm grateful for:
- a warm fire on a snowy day
-using the fire to burn burrs and thistle seeds I collected this fall along with neighbors financial statements
-the prickly New York Jewish Grandmother in my Catholic family who is so devoted to us all
- the aforementioned grandmother's experience with nonprofits so she can help me with a project
- the opportunity to bring together 3 generations to get money to a worthy cause
-getting in 30 minutes of yoga

It was a bit of a long day cooped up inside but as mentioned above had some really wonderful bits in it.

Keep the faith all.
Old 11-11-2021, 04:45 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
least, I provide some care for my older brother, to me no thanks is necessary because it's an honor and a privilege to care for our loved ones, but he does thank me and that always feels good. I'm sure he knows how much you appreciate his help.

Aly, I am always praying for peace between you and your siblings, and your Mom. I know it may never happen but mostly I hope you find a place of peace for yourself. We all deserve that, right?

Grateful that we were released early from work last night. I'm up early to go play in the outdoors.
Grateful I have another event to work tonight, and an easy one tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:22 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Astro.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:16 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to my beloved brother for his invaluable help with Billie and the cats.
Old 11-11-2021, 06:24 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Grateful for a nice hike up in the park. It was a tad cold and snowy..but beautiful.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:53 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Good evening all. I'm staying up late tonight waiting for a late arriving guest. It will be nice to have someone around.

Today I had a nice walk up to our little Grocery store and was grateful to find my favorite raisin buns on sale for half price. I may not be a huge winter fan but the snow is pretty and the air crisp.

Sleep well.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:31 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Aly, you are on my mind and I'm sending you and your mom lots of love.
Least, I am so grateful that you have family and friends to help. I hope you get better soon.
I'm just grateful for you all. It's wonderful to come on here and read about your lives and get visions of what sobriety looks like. Grateful for a nice therapy session today. Grateful to the Veterans who have served. Grateful for a new rolling pin...I want to make homemade pizza this weekend. Grateful for my dogs and cat.
Old 11-12-2021, 05:04 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that I took a side trip yesterday after my unsuccessful quail hunt and tossed the kayak in the water.
Grateful for the beautiful lake, the fishing poles trolling behind me, and friendly folks on the beach.
Grateful I stuck my neck out yesterday and took a position nobody wanted, I got to interact with a lot of people and even had Enrique Iglesias walk past me as he came off stage, it was fun.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:36 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Thank you AT. So very kind of you. I am worried about her. I hope she recovers from this. It has to be hard on her. I wish I could visit her. With the Covid restrictions I have to settle on phone calls.
Grateful for all of you and your kind support. 💗
All my love to you all.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:45 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) Praying for you and your mom for peace of mind and healing.

How did your ablation go? Did it/does it help right away or does it take a while to have an effect?

Tonight I'm grateful that my loving brother comes over before and after work to take care of Billie and the cats.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:56 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Thank you, very much, Least. The ablation takes a good 4 weeks to kick in, at least. I still have a muscle relaxer and some mild pain meds I can take if I need to. I really messed up my right hip/back/leg trying to help my mom up the stairs the other day when mom fell and it is so painful. I probably pulled something and my back and hip/right leg got caught in the fray. It bothers me off and on anyway, I've just not tried the ablation on my back before. I sure hope once it takes effect, it does help, 'cause it hurts now. Hope you're feeling better, my dear friend. Glad that you have a back up plan for Billie where you two can get things done yourself if your need to. Your neighbors sound wonderful!
Grateful for all of you so very much.
Grateful my mom sounded good when I spoke to her. Getting her stubborn streak back...LOL. I guess they are going to move her to the rehab place tomorrow. I wish I knew what time. Oh well. Let Go and Let God. It's been working for me lately and it takes some pressure off the anxiety I get, which is naturally acting up these days. Fear of the unknown, I would guess, just plain fear will do it too. Grateful for my blessings and for being able to hand things over to God.
Sleep well and have a wonderful evening. 💗☮☪☸ Pleasant Dreams
Old 11-12-2021, 06:13 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'll be grateful in advance if Billie won't dawdle tonight when I take her out on the cable and will just go potty. Last night it was raining and she hates going out in the rain so didn't do anything. Tonight it's not raining but it will be cold so she might throw a fit about going out.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:02 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Least I'm giggle a bit about Billie being fussy about . . .. er . . . . taking a powder in the rain but I would probably feel the same.

Ally, healing to you and your mom.

I'm grateful tonight for getting a table up on Facebook Market Place. Also had someone say they wanted it so it sits at the end of the driveway where I hope this individual will pick it up.

Also grateful for a minor repair I did on another table. I found 4 L-braces probably from 50 years ago when my parents built the house and used them to stabilize this small end table. I am inordinately pleased with myself.

Peace to all.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:34 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Well, Billie didn't go potty tho she did drop a dog bomb. But would not pee. I don't know if she's just not used to going out in the yard without someone near her.

Grateful that it's one day closer to my procedure.
Old 11-13-2021, 06:17 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Grateful for another beautiful day here. I have so much to do before I move away next week. Yikes!! It is going to be tough as this is the last weekend with my husband for a while. I know I should not dwell on it..But it still makes me sad.
Grateful for my walks
Grateful for my husband and my pup
Grateful the hot and sour soup I made my husband turned out good
Grateful for all of you
Old 11-13-2021, 06:33 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Grateful for all the kind wishes of healing for my mom and I. So appreciative of the support!
Today she moved to the rehab facility. I got kind of mad at her on the phone. One of my sisters kept calling me and my mom got snappy with me, but grateful we figured it out. I just hate getting phone calls when I'm trying to rest and I must have had dozens today. I should have unplugged it. I will make some amends to my mom. I understand she's uncomfortable, but I just really hate rudeness. I need to have more patience with her and I think when she gets stressed, she doesn't seem to think very logically. She did have some brain damage and did lose some memory when she had her stroke. Sometimes you can tell she can't remember something, but she'll say she does because she gets embarrassed at not being able to remember. Poor thing. I just have to remember I will regret not keeping my patience. She's been through so much.
Grateful they were nice when she was in there before, I hope things are still well there. They have a good rep,
Grateful for all of you, your grats and your wonderful support.
Have a great evening.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:24 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my neighbor's teen age son doesn't mind taking Billie out for potty. I think I might try to strike a deal with him (if it's ok with his dad) to pay him $5 every second time he takes her out. He's about 14 and I'm sure it would be nice to earn a bit of cash. And he's a nice kid too, and Billie likes him.

Grateful to have someone next door I can rely on for Billie-care.

(((Aly))) I'm sorry for the upheaval in moving your mom to rehab. I hope you get it all straightened out asap. And I hope the ache in your leg eases up.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:27 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Tonight I'm grateful for getting in a bike ride even though it was cold. Also grateful for getting a few nibbles on my coffee table that I'm trying to get rid of.

Sleep well all.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:42 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I have so much to do before I move away next week. Yikes!! It is going to be tough as this is the last weekend with my husband for a while. I know I should not dwell on it..But it still makes me sad.
Alpine.... Lifting you and your husband up in prayer, for comfort resting in each other.

Grateful I remembered to post here today, for some reason I forgot yesterday. Wow, growing old, huh?
Grateful we could take the grandkids to a movie and come home to grill up burgers for dinner.
Grateful I have a long work day today for football and then I'm on break for awhile, events are slowing down.