Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 93

Old 11-03-2021, 05:44 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Bekinalways, I plan on that number getting larger every day. ;-)
Thanks Aly and Least
LOL Astro..That is funny. I wonder who I would be?? Most likely Gilligan
Grateful for my lunch date with my 97 y/o neighbor. She is a lovely woman on many levels
Grateful for a beautiful fall day and my long walks
Grateful for a relaxing day for the most part..Did some cleaning, organizing, and packing.
Grateful for another sober day. I still get those darn cravings but they do not last too long.
Grateful for my little pup asleep next to me while I sit here on the couch
Grateful to hear my husband's voice while he is talking with his Mom on the phone
Grateful that on my walk this morning off in the distance I could see the snow on the mountains.
Have a great night everyone
Old 11-03-2021, 06:14 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my brother coming over after work, getting my scrip, and taking care of Billie and the cats.

Grateful for my next door neighbor for coming over a while ago to take Billie out for me.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:19 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Grateful for another sober day.
Grateful to come and post and learn more today.
Grateful for this community.
Grateful for the laugh regarding Gilligan's Island.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:38 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I think I will be a palm tree on the Island. Toes in the sand and head watching the ocean.

I had another day of just getting through. A guy showed up to clean the gutters and someone else to fix the Garage door opener. I'm grateful for more house details to be taken care of.

Sleep well my friends.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:04 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Grateful to discover the read aloud function on Google chrome
Grateful to finish an article for work
Grateful to spend time with sonny boy
Grateful sonny boy has been helping Mr F with karate forms
Grateful for my reading glasses
Grateful for Google
Grateful for you all
Old 11-04-2021, 06:13 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful that my wife put on the Fall decorations, it's nice to just be home, not working from the office, and being together.
Grateful to have two nights off from working events.
Grateful for a vegetarian meal, too much protein in my diet lately.
Grateful to do a little grocery shopping yesterday and pick up ingredients to make granola.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:14 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Grateful for another productive day
Grateful for a beautiful day with bright sun and temps in the low 70s
Grateful for everyone here
Old 11-04-2021, 06:49 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Grateful I got most of my to do list done, except I was too late at the pharmacy to get my flu shot and tetanus shots. I wonder if I called my doctor if I could go in and get them. They've been so fussy about how and where they're going to give shots this year.
I grabbed my twin nephews at UC Santa Barbara a Visa gift card so they can stock up on incidentals or food or gas, whatever they need, books. My mom's been sending them gas and or gift cards every week. They ride their bikes a lot for school, but they still need gas money for shopping, getting home, etc. I had an awesome waitressing job in Chicago before I left for school and back then, you didn't have to prove your age. So I'm 17 is and working at a fancy restaurant/club in Chicago. I was able to save a lot of money for school because my parents took care of my auto expenses and insurance, etc. Every little bit helps.
Their dad, my BIL, has Covid. He hangs around these dumbsheets (if you get my meaning) anti vaccines and the dope ends up getting it. He is family and it is upsetting to know he could have avoided it with a vaccine and a booster. But no, he and his dopey friends have some God forsaken reason for not taking the vaccine. I wouldn't even want to hear it, surely it would be infinitely stupid. My sister isn't speaking to my mom and I still, so I don't know if he's in the hospital or what. I don't think I'd want to risk visiting, but I should pick up a card for him. I sure hope he doesn't spread it around and wears his mask responsibly. Two of his kids work full time and two are in college. Just irresponsible. It may be a long time before I hang out with him without a good 6' amount of distance between us. I don't even want to get to close to my sister either. Covid is no joke and I don't want it! I've been trying to pray for my family. They are so difficult. Now my mom is being lovely and wonderful and I think she's getting a bellyful of how mean those two can be, esp if you need something. Too bad.
Anyway, Have a lovely evening to all our Grat Packers! I'm reading a really interesting book called, Paper Son. It is about living in the MS Delta through the eyes of a Chinese American. Very interesting. Love and peace to all of you. I guess here in the States we'll be falling forward into our daylight savings. Although it's the losing sleep in Spring that takes me a long time to get used to. I don't mind an extra hour of sleep.
Pleasant Dreams, all.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:31 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Good evening,

Another day of adulting and I'm feeling satisfied with the things I accomplished

I'm grateful:
-the new garage door opener is installed
-I made a bunch of phone calls (I don't really like making phone calls)
-I got in 8K steps today
-I paid some bills

I read a funny interchange on Reddit concerning a meme that stated "Jesus take the wheel". The conversation started by suggesting that as Jesus never learned to drive this wasn't a great idea. Someone further pointed out that Jesus walked everywhere; even on water, he didn't take a boat but walked. By the end of the conversation, everyone was in agreement that Jesus was the kind of guy who "Never skiped a leg day.". (That is a common refrain amongst weight lifters).

I laughed about that conversation all day and used it to motivate me to do leg exercises and get extra steps. It made me feel I was communing with Jesus that serious walker!

Aly, I have a few family members who won't take the vaccine. I try to be compassionate and understanding but ugh, the consequences for the unvaccinated can be horrific.

Keep breathing all.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:43 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thank you, BKA. I care about my BIL a lot so it upsets me to see him sick, when he probably could have avoided it. Like I said, I don't even know how sick he is. I wish I would have gotten him a card today. Part of me wants to hit him on the head and the other part of me just feels so badly and wants him to come out unscathed and quickly. He's in his mid 50s, keeps himself in pretty good shape, but Covid is a strange one. Let go and Let God. That's all any of us can really do. Pray, send a card.... imagine better...💗☮ and like Bekindalways says, Keep Breathing. Sound advice.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:02 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tonight I'm grateful for all the support and kind thoughts and prayers during this really stressful and painful time. I'd be a lot worse off if I didn't have my 'friends in the computer' to socialize with. We may be virtual, but it's real nonetheless.

Also grateful that tonight the pain is a bit less. Yay!
Old 11-04-2021, 09:11 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Aly I hope you get an update on your BIL soon and he's okay. I sympathize entirely as my family has similar challenges.
BKA, thanks for the laugh. Never skipped a leg day, lol.
Tonight I'm grateful to be in bed alone. Grateful for sweet potato soup. Grateful to get some groceries I need. Grateful for Least's neighbors and brother looking after her and Billie. Grateful I can work from home most of tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:19 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Aly, prayers for your BIL, I've watched healthy friends pass away, most of my family and friends have had it, and as a government worker I'm sure we've still got a battle looming over the vaccine mandates. I could go on and on but at this point I'm worn out on it......

Grateful to be protecting myself with flu shots and whatever else.
Grateful for immune support products.
Grateful for exercise and healthy eating whenever possible.
Grateful to get back to my favorite little venue tonight to work an R&B fest followed by a classic rock concert tomorrow.
Grateful for a visit with an AA old-timer yesterday for coffee, his dementia is progressing a little but I'm grateful he has people checking in on him and providing care.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:19 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Aly, sorry to hear about your BIL. I have had a few friends pass away from this virus and know some people that do not want to take the vaccine. As Astro said the battle is looming. I'm pretty worn out too.
Bekindalways, I don't like making phone calls either so good for you for doing that
I am grateful for painting the cabinet my husband built. I have to do another coat tomorrow then he should be able to hang it
Grateful my older neighbor and his daughter were not injured in a car accident they were in yesterday. The car was totaled and it was not her fault
Grateful for my long walks..I ended up going for more then usual as I added a walk to and from the store to my usual walks and then when my husband came home from work he wanted me to go for a walk with him. I got in 30,000 steps. Yikes! I need to start stretching as my legs are getting pretty tight.
Grateful for the weekend so I can spend time with my husband.
Grateful my lab tests came back and they are far better since I have stopped drinking.
Grateful for everyone here.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:51 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that of all the problems I have, drinking isn't one of them.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:00 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Grateful that of all the problems I have, drinking isn't one of them.
Nice Least. I'm with everyone tired of the contention around vaccines and mandates and even more tired of the illnesses and death. Ugh. However much of this we can not change; we can stay sober and face this changing world with a clear head.

I'm grateful for seeing stars early this morning and for getting in a good amount of exercise today.

Sleep in peace all.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:23 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good week, and a snoozing cat and dog.
Grateful that I have SR because I’m pretty sure the coffee I was served after dinner was not decaf!
Grateful for all of the things I have learned from listening rather than talking this week.
Grateful I can sleep in if needed tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:11 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a small crowd and easy show to work last night, even got home early to get some rest.
Grateful I have a drive-thru Healthfest to check out this morning.
Grateful that I'm not running around like crazy today trying to get chores done, it feels good!
Old 11-06-2021, 11:10 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I saw my BIL last night and he seems to be doing quite well. He is really healthy and works out all the time, so I'm sure that helped! Thank God, so grateful.
My mom broke her hip and is in the hospitals. She has 4 fractures and they are deciding whether to do surgery. After her stroke, aneurysm, and hip replacement, I feel she is growing weary. She's 84. I'm so upset. I'm going to visit her around 1:00 pm.
Grateful my mom is being well looked after and is in a good hospital. Grateful I can be here for her, but boy am I tired.
Grateful for all of yours. If you can spare a prayer or a good vibe to my mom, I know I'd appreciate it.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:32 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Aly, sorry about your Mom. My thoughts are with you and her.
Grateful for a pretty productive day with more packing
Grateful for another day being sober
Grateful for my beautiful tree I see as I sit here and look out the window.
Grateful for SR and everyone here