Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 93

Old 10-31-2021, 05:45 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Grateful that going to bed sober is now the normal for me.
Grateful to be well.
Grateful for the serenity prayer.
Grateful to zip my lips today when I really wanted to angry vent.
Grateful wayward son dropped my grandson back off to me early this evening.
Grateful for a warm home
Grateful my kitties are in out of the atrocious weather.
Grateful that Least has such a good neighbour.
Grateful to see all my favourite people still posting here.
Grateful to all of you. xx
Old 10-31-2021, 06:20 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So grateful to my daughter ck for giving me over an hour of 'tech support' on migrating my emails and contacts from my old email address to my new one. Voila! Gave me a lot of useful info too. I'm so grateful for tech support in the family. Daughter, son in law, and ex bf. All experts and can get me thru the worst tech nightmares.

Daisy, when I first read it, I read you were grateful your cats were "out in the atrocious weather".
Old 10-31-2021, 07:38 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Least I'm happy to see you and I am hoping your insurance moves quickly! Glad you have folks to help with Billie!
BKA that's so cool that you see vintage dresses! Maybe you could show us a picture of the bustle dress when it's done!?!
I'm grateful for telemedicine as I have an infection and it was so easy to get antibiotics ordered after a 5 minute video visit from my phone. Such a blessing. Grateful to see some gorgeous fall colors this morning. Grateful to get a lot of work for my second job done this weekend. Grateful to connect with old friends and new boyfriend as well but also really grateful for alone time. I wish we could all spend a weekend together! Even though we're all different I have a feeling we'd have a wonderful time! Be well my friends!
Old 10-31-2021, 10:36 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my neighbor coming over (as he always does now) before he had to go to work and taking Billie out for her bedtime potty. He's an interesting and smart young man. Served at least one tour in Afghanistan. Nice wife and kids. Two dogs that never go off their property, smart doggies. And a small coop for some chickens. Really nice neighbors. He's taken to bringing my trash and recycle carts back up to my back yard after trash day is done. Nice guy. He must be from Mr Rogers' neighborhood.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:25 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
I bet your fresh smoked trout is wonderful Astro. I don't think I've ever tried any sort of game before. When we can get fresh fish, there is a difference.
Nothing better for breakfast than smoked trout on a bagel with cream cheese & coffee! I also set one trout aside and pan fried it for breakfast yesterday with some scrambled eggs, it was delicious!

Originally Posted by AutumnTree View Post
I wish we could all spend a weekend together! Even though we're all different I have a feeling we'd have a wonderful time!
Now wouldn't that be fun?!

Howdy, Daisy!

Least - Your neighbor sounds like a perfect gentleman, I'm happy to hear that you have so much help available when you need it most

Really grateful lately to be spending some time at home with my wife, we don't get to do that often as I'm usually away at work. Yesterday was fun, when I wasn't cooking we were watching movies, after a couple dramas we started watching horror and psychological thrillers for Halloween.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:53 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my first really nice session with the PT lady who came to my home. Grateful that she gave me a sheet of paper with the exercises on them and told me to do them twice a day.

Grateful that I've got something concrete to do to help myself until the date of the procedure.

Grateful for my brother coming over and taking care of Billie and the cats.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:50 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Least, happy you have such a great neighbor
Astro, that is so great that you are able to spend time with your wife. My husband finally have been able to spend time together too taking long walks, organizing our camping gear, watching a movie. Oh and we cooked a turkey on our smoker yesterday. Yum
Grateful for leftover turkey for lunch from yesterday
Grateful that my soup turned out tonight ( I am not a huge soup eater but decided to make a turkey soup)
Grateful my Pup is at the groomers..It has been over 17 weeks because he injured his back and became paralyzed. He had to have back surgery, then one week after that injured his eye and had to have it removed. He is on the mends and is walking again. Such a little trooper.
Grateful for my home made cookies that I made for my husband
Grateful for some time spent in my sewing room
Grateful for a cool, damp day here..It feels so refreshing.
Grateful for everyone here
Old 11-01-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my neighbor in the back, who comes over to let Billie out before work, called our mutual neighbor next door and asked him if he would take Billie out since neighbor in back had to go to work early. Got a text from next door neighbor and gladly said, yes, please do.

So my neighbor in back made sure Billie was taken out tonight. How very kind of him.

Old 11-01-2021, 06:23 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Grateful that you are getting good help, least.
Grateful to be understanding (finally) that it wasn't my life I hated, it was the way I saw it through alcohol that made me so unhappy.
Grateful to know that I didn't drink today.
Grateful that I didn't even want to drink today.
Grateful that I am going to bed after a really good day.
Old 11-01-2021, 09:08 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Autumn, I will try to post a picture. I'm not great at things like that here.
Viking, I love what you said about not hating life just not liking it through alcohol.

I'm grateful for the coincidence that my renter needed to drop off his car at the same time I needed to pick mine up.

Also I'm grateful for the chance to do some deck demolition with some old friends. It was in a breath taxingly beautiful area where I have some memories. The entire afternoon got me in the feels for many reasons.
Old 11-01-2021, 09:24 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Grateful to see all of you
Grateful for a a target run today. Life is exciting 😊
I’ll catch up more tomorrow. Super tired and need sleep
Night all!
Old 11-02-2021, 04:50 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
My husband finally have been able to spend time together too taking long walks, organizing our camping gear, watching a movie. Oh and we cooked a turkey on our smoker yesterday. Yum Grateful for leftover turkey for lunch from yesterday
Grateful that my soup turned out tonight ( I am not a huge soup eater but decided to make a turkey soup)
Yayyy & yummmm!!

Grateful that I cam across some YouTube videos specifically geared towards guitarists on how to treat arm & hand pain, and it really works!
Grateful to see some progress in my thumbpicking.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:11 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my brother's help. He came over after work and fed Billie and took her out. also fed my house cats and stray cats. Then he went to the store for me to get a few things. God bless him. I'd be in dire straits without his help.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:04 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Grateful for Least's wonderful brother. He's a gem! Lucky to have a loving sibling. Still sending prayers for you. I'm so glad things are starting to move for you. Even the OT and or PT that you are getting at the house is wonderful .
Autumn, I liked your idea of all of us meeting sometime. Wouldn't that just be so fun. If I ever win the Lotto big time, you may all get discreet plane tickets to an island paradise for a year one "reunion". Everyone here is great.
Sleep well and have a wonderful evening.
Hoping we get more rain tonight!
Old 11-02-2021, 05:06 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I just lost my post.
Have a lovely evening.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Astro, awesome the guitar playing. I need a lot of practice..and that is an understatement. LOl
Least, Grateful you have the help you need for your pup
Autumn, count me in on the meet up!!
Aly, Love that idea
Grateful for a nice crockpot meal tonight with plenty of leftovers for me to freeze for my husband
Grateful I am going to bring lunch over to my 97 year old neighbor and spend time visiting with her. She was born and raised in that house. She is amazing
Grateful for another sober day
Grateful for my happiness which is authentic vs the drinking "happy" Alpine who was not happy at all
Grateful for day 32. It keeps going up. Woot wooot
Grateful for everyone here
Old 11-02-2021, 07:55 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Woot! woot! Indeed Alpine. Keep racking up those days.

I'm grateful for:
- a productive day
-getting ahold of a chimney cleaner and a garage door opener tech
-phone merging my Dad's call with an old buddy of his
- over an hour of yoga
- getting up the courage to ask a friend to help some folks in need
- connecting with community - I voted today and always call around my community to discuss issues
- my neighbor who texts our aging neighbors everyday to ensure they are okay
-SR's support on long lonely days

Two days in a row of indoor productivity is usually asking too much of myself so I need to find something different to do tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:32 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Alpine, grateful for your first month sober!

Grateful for my neighbor in back who came over at the last minute and took Billie out for me. I think that might have made him late for work. Hope not.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:35 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
If I ever win the Lotto big time, you may all get discreet plane tickets to an island paradise for a year one "reunion".
I'm having this visual of Gilligan's Island

Grateful for a comfortable chair to park my sore butt on for work.
Grateful for some yummy leftovers to take to work for lunch.
Grateful to see so many people I know from another workplace who volunteered to work a concert last night.
Grateful that nobody was hurt when the fans decided to start a huge fire on the lawn.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:40 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Astro, LOL!!
Alpine, huge congrats!
Have a wonderful day/eve all. To all my favorite people!