Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 03-03-2021, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 91

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/451249-bedtime-gratitude-part-90-a-20.html (Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 90)

D
Old 03-03-2021, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee!
Old 03-03-2021, 06:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks for the new part Dee!

Grateful for all my blessings.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good evening all.

Grateful for: managing to do a bit of yoga while watching the news, bread pudding for desert, getting groceries today so the refrigerator is full.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!! I am very grateful for you!

Grateful for 3 days sober.
Grateful I am coming up on a year cigarette free.
Grateful my son and his team won their bball tourney game tonight.
Grateful for 3 sons who are turning into amazing young men.
Grateful for my gorgeous daughter as well.
Grateful for the little Mom and Pop shake place that we had dinner from.
Grateful to be going to bed sober and clear headed, plus in no way dreading tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee!
Astro, I cannot have any coffee after 11 am!
Grateful to finally finish watching Lincoln. So good.
Grateful to get out for a run today
Grateful to pass another hard test for work course
Grateful for each of you.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! Citrus, congrats on 3 days! Least, I'm so so glad you're getting your shot! (Ha...my autocorrect said 'getting your ****'!!!) I'm so grateful that more and more people are getting slots for the vaccine and I'm hopeful to get mine in the coming months.
Grateful to be in bed sober tonight. Grateful to have brushed my teeth and washed my face. Grateful for the little dog snoring loudly next to me. Grateful that I was about to give some furniture away on craigslist rather than sending it to the landfill. Also Aly and Fearless, I LOVE schitts creek and am so grateful for all the feels that show gave me over the years... It's a classic for sure.
EDIT: SR is censoring me with **** but the word I was referring to is very similar to shot
Old 03-04-2021, 03:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thank you for the new thread Dee-dude!

Autumn maybe you just need to tweak the spelling a bit. Schitt, Schot, Schit? Sorry, was cracking myself up, I'll probably get censored too

Least, I'm getting my first shot today too, got the email yesterday from the City which was kinda surreal but I'm grateful to be receiving it and I'm very grateful to the volunteers working the test sites.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to have gotten my first jab. Mags told me to relax my arm and it wouldn't hurt as much. She was right. I barely felt it and have had no ill effects from it so far.

Grateful to have gotten it, I feel there is hope on the horizon.

Grateful to read all your grats tonight. That always reminds me of more things to be grateful for.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Grateful for the laughs about Schitts Creek and being censored. Lol. All the characters were awesome. Twila was up there as one of my favs.
Grateful for more iPhone adventures
Grateful to find out I qualify for a survivor benefit regarding my Dad’s retirement pension. It will make up for all my expenses last year traveling back and forth to TX and paying for certain medical expenses out of pocket. He kept needing to have his dentures replaced because he was losing weight. It was not covered by hospice. Grateful for all these things I learned!
Grateful to have a talk with sonny boy that I was just joking around with him over something that he took way too seriously and out of context.
Grateful sonny boy’s eye doctor encouraged him again to wear his eye patch. Just six months could improve his eyesight to the point he may not require glasses after that. Grateful Mr F was kind of hard on him about this, and he is wearing the patch now. Hopefully it will continue.
Grateful for Rusty’s rule 62. I miss Rusty! So grateful for all his inspiration. I started thinking of Gilmer and I miss her too.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good evening all.

Grateful
for a lovely day of clouds and rain (we don't get this often)
that I finally did some sewing
for hacking away a bit at taxes
for physical affection from my Dad - he is a snuggly guy

Sleep well all.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that this week has gone so well, some work frustrations but that's part of working isn't it?
Grateful my wife received the yarn she ordered to complete some baby blankets she's knitting, her crafts make her so happy.
Grateful that I'm working a hockey game tonight but have the rest of the weekend off, we need to get away and relax a bit, lots of night work ahead for me.
Grateful for all of you, please have a great weekend and keep your families safe!
Old 03-05-2021, 01:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Grateful for the new thread, thanks Dee.
Grateful for another sober Friday night.
Grateful I could help my daughter today.
Grateful that today was the last day of home schooling, I'm soooo done with it.
Grateful to receive some photo's and a short video of the little kitten I am getting in April.
Grateful for the serenity prayer, I've said it a million times this week.
Grateful for the kindness shown by the Neuro doctor on Wednesday when she confirmed to my bestie,( who is also my daughter's m.i.l and my g.childrens other grandmorther) that she does have motor neurone disease/ALS. My heart is broken for her and the family. Then on top of everything else she was rushed into hospital this morning with a gall stone attack.
Grateful I'm not self medicating.
Grateful to stick to my boundaries re my wayward son.
Grateful to have a bath tonight, wash my hair and put fresh p.j's on.
Grateful my g.son has gone to his other granddad's for a couple of hours.
Grateful to be half listening to a Joe Walsh( the Eagles) on t.v, talking about his recovery from alcoholism. He's been sober for many years now.
Grateful that Least and Astro have had their 1st shot of the vaccine, I had mine a couple of weeks ago.
Grateful to be on this journey with the Gratters.

xxx
Old 03-05-2021, 02:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to put Billie's coat on her and go for a nice long walk on this sunny day.

Grateful that Sonny Boy is wearing his eye patch and hope it helps as it's supposed to.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Heya all. I felt a bit weird throughout the day. I listened to a podcast about a brilliant basketball player who really bonded with kids and was a believer in Christian type conspiracy theories that he passed on to his athletes. As a believer myself, these things really disturb me. Religion/faith is such a double edged sword and we humans are such a mix of good and bad and many other complicated elements. Sigh.

Grateful
- for the courage that you all display with life's ups and downs
-that my nephew called me to take him to pick up another tarantula (I still hate spiders but love being part of his life)
-my brother had no reaction to the second vaccine (maybe I won't either)
- for sober recovery and the grounding/centering it provides

Daisybelle I'm thinking of your friend/co-grandmother and the serenity prayer. Also I'm thinking of Fearless losing her Dad. We can't do anything about so much: death, illness, wacked out politics/religion. We can: stay sober, take care of our oral hygiene, do our taxes, get a bit of exercise. It might not be easy but in some ways it is simple.

Sleep well all my friends-in-the-computer. May your Saturday go well.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am so very grateful that I don't drink anymore, and, more importantly, I don't want to drink.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Fearless what is rusty's rule 62?

Grateful to have two extra little dogs for the next week. I've forged a dog sitting exchange with a woman in the neighborhood and it's great for both of us when we travel (and saves so much money). Grateful for that connection. Grateful for the backyard which makes having 4 dogs for a week much easier. Grateful for the love and needs of animals and that I'm able to meet both. Have a beautiful Saturday, all.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Astro, so glad work went well this week. Yes, there is always something. Glad your wife is enjoying her crafts
Daisy, glad you are done home schooling. What a relief. I am so very sorry what your friend is going through and that you are struggling to watch her with a terrible disease. It is so very hard. All we can do is be there for support as much as possible and be our best selves. It seems like it’s never enough. You are such a good friend to her. Be kind to yourself.
Bekind, thank you for that reminder of what we cannot and what we can control. So important to accept
AT, rule 62 is from AA. It means don’t take yourself so seriously. It also means to take ownership and admit when you are wrong about things. I think it means keeping things simple and handling matters with Grace too. Rusty used to talk about this
Grateful today was largely uneventful
Grateful an old friend called sonny boy and they are hanging out again on line. This is a good kid. Grateful I reconnected with the mom too
Grateful to talk with another friend who I admire so much. She is such a good mom and I always learn from her
Grateful to watch a movie with Mr F
Grateful to have some time to read a bit tonight
love you all!
Old 03-06-2021, 05:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
HWe can't do anything about so much: death, illness, wacked out politics/religion. We can: stay sober, take care of our oral hygiene, do our taxes, get a bit of exercise. It might not be easy but in some ways it is simple.
Amen to that, and to the peace it brings to my life when I put it into practice daily.

Grateful to be up early, ready to read the scriptures for this mornings men's Bible study.
I just felt this aaaahhhhh as my body relaxed. No work today. Just a fun road trip with my wife.
Grateful I don't have to create commotions and stir up trouble to make my life exciting like I used to.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful it was nice enough today to take Billie for two walks, a long one and a short one. Grateful to watch her eagerly following her nose. Her little tail wags when she walks and it makes me happy to know that she is happy.

AT, I googled "AA's rule 62" and here's what I found.

https://www.aacle.org/the-story-of-rule-62/