Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 90

Old 12-21-2020, 01:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 90

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-89-a-19.html (Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89)

D
Old 12-21-2020, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful for the new BG thread, thanks Dee!
Grateful to put on pajamas and put my feet up after my shift at the stadium, I was aching!
Grateful to start the holiday work week, I get excited at Christmas!
Grateful we'll spend one night camping this week ay my favorite State Park, I like the crisp cold nights and the quiet.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the new thread, Dee!
Astro, wow! I don’t know how you camp in the cold. I used to like camping when I was younger. I’m more of a glamping person now. The place must have a jacuzzi tub and fire place in the room and room service. I guess that’s not really glamping. Lol
Grateful sonny boy asked if he could buy gifts for me and Mr F. So I took him shopping today for Dad. Dad is taking him shopping tomorrow to get gifts for me 😊 Plus they will buy gifts for the cogs
Grateful to have a lot more time on my hands these days
Grateful to catch up with a long lost close friend who went through breast cancer treatment last year and is doing much better
Grateful for the short work week and slow work time in general. I may work on a painting tomorrow and start on a new art project too
Old 12-21-2020, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fearless I like your idea of glamping, lol.
I'm grateful to have been articulate in my interview today - I did a lot of prep work. Grateful that the last box of presents for my nieces and nephews arrived today. Grateful for a new maggie rogers album. Grateful that I had the awareness to tell the AV to beat it earlier today Have a sweet night, all.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks for the new part Dee!

Astro, how can you camp in the cold? I'm like Fearless, don't do the rustic camping adventure...

That's cool that you're taking turns taking Sonny Boy shopping for his progenitors.

Tonight I'm grateful for help I've gotten from family and friends. Their kindness renews my faith in mankind.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

At the campground this weekend we'll have our pop-up camper and the sites have hook-ups so we bring a small electric heater and we have plenty of running water for hot drinks! We also have heated mattresses. It still gets down below 40 with the heater running but we have flannel sleeping bags rated down to 20 degrees. Even in a tent I'm good down to 20 (wife is not) but below that I just never seem to warm up. Next month I go on an annual snowshoeing trip with my daughter and we stay in a yurt (look it up if you don't know, they're cool!) The yurt has a woodburning stove so we stay toasty warm.

Grateful for camping and other adventures, they keep me sane and peaceful

Where is Aly? I miss her and hope she's doing alright.
Old 12-22-2020, 04:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful the plumber came and fixed the stopped up sewer in the bsmt. Grateful for a nice nap with my Billie girl.

(((Aly))) sending you hugs!
Old 12-22-2020, 07:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grateful to be going back to Denver tomorrow to see my nieces and nephew. I miss them! Grateful that my friends will pet sit for my fur kids. Grateful for another day sober and hangover/guilt free.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Billie sleeping peacefully under her new blankies. I take such delight in her enjoyment of her new blankies.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Least that is too funny that she likes her own blankets. That is hilarious.

I'm grateful that my Doc called to renew my prescriptions and that I got a tough email sent out.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that my wife was able to come home and get some rest after a long night of gift wrapping at her daughters house.
Grateful for warm bicycling clothing.
Grateful for my cold morning walks, the brisk air refreshes me.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sorry I've been absent. I've had so much going on and still dealing with a lot.
My family has been much more decent this year. The boys are going snowboarding in CO so we're going to have xmas dinner tonight. I'm a little nervous, but hoping all goes well. Hopefully seeing my niece and nephews will be fun. They are a fun, smart group of kids, although I guess they're not really kids so much anymore.
I've missed you all the most. Thank you for the shout outs. I so appreciate everyone here.
Love and peace to all. Thank you Fearless for your note. Thank you for checking on me. I hope you're well these days and your shopping trip was fruitful!
Have a good one all.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lpg

Grateful for support on SR, everytime.
Grateful I managed to finish off Xmas shopping today.
Grateful my son will see santa tomorrow socially distanced of course
Grateful to be 100% sober today
Grateful to read everyone's gratitude
Grateful to practice self care this evening

​​​​​

​​​​
Old 12-23-2020, 04:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Astro, hoping your lovely daughter and her lovely dog are ok. Is she feeling alright these days from Covid? I sure hope so. I should go back to the other part and read all the posts I missed.
AT, hope your job interview at the VA, if it's happened yet, went well.
Dee, thank you for the new part!
Also, blessings to my nephews while they travel to CO. Protect them from getting hurt on the slopes and from getting Covid.
Grateful Least got everything cleared up and got a nap in too. I got a short one, but loved it!
Blessings that everyone is sensible over the Holiday and practice safe pandemic practices. Gosh I want it to end someday and I think practicing safety is the best way to do it.
Have a wonderful evening everyone. I'm about to go to my sister's for dinner soon, I guess I'm feeling a little nervous.
Pleasant Dreams all.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) We've missed you here. Hoping your early dinner is pleasant.

Tonight I'm grateful for my brother for taking me to the store. Grateful too that I had enough points on my store card to get $10 off my bill. So I got a free big bag of cat food. Thanks to my daughter and a friend for sending me cat food, I now have enough to last thru most of the winter. Grateful for the kindness of friends and family.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I've had a grouchy day as I was in the ER with my Dad last night. He was dehydrated . . . .irk . . . it happens a lot with old people . . . . . .anyhow I have been a cranky soul sulking around the house all day . . . finally I just started laughing at myself. For being able to laugh at my own bad temper, I am grateful.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grateful to be going on almost half a month sober. I’m still shocked when I think about the days.
Grateful for family and friends who’ve turned into family.
Grateful for exercise, and movement.
Grateful for the excitement of Christmas coming up.
Grateful that even during the wild year and being out of work, I’m still able to give presents to the ones I love.
Grateful for food tasting so incredibly delicious after not drinking for nearly two whole weeks.
Grateful for quality sleep, which is exactly what I’m about to do

goodnight all.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Grateful to see windpines and lpg
Aly, so glad to see you! I really missed you.
Hope Daisy is well too
Bekind, sorry you had to go through that with your dad. I remember my dad was often dehydrated. I was constantly reminding him to drink more water
AutumnTree, glad your interview went well and glad you told the AV to go to h...
Astro, heated mattress sound awesome! I’d like one for the normal bed at home. I love yurts!
Grateful I feel better today. Had some sort of stomach bug
Grateful to have a pillow fight with sonny boy
Grateful to hear from an old friend and for her kind words
Grateful that we are going to have sushi take out for Christmas! So much has been going on that we didn’t think to plan anything and pretty much forgot until tonight. So we are going to keep it simple and fun. Sonny boy will chose something different since he’s picky. We are leaving early day after Christmas for TX. Surprisingly, I’m not all that nervous about delivering the eulogy at my Dad’s funeral. Hopefully it will stay that way and I’ll keep it together.
Grateful all the in-laws were able to adjust and reschedule their trip to see and celebrate Christmas one week later
Grateful for my little cat Daisy. She is kneading on my feet at the moment 😊

Old 12-24-2020, 12:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Lpg

Grateful for an early bedtime
Grateful I made it through day 3 of cannabis quit, I'm emotional but I'm doing it
Grateful for my tools from my alcohol free years.
​​​Grateful for my family
Grateful for the sunshine today
Grateful my amaryllis that's starting to flower
Old 12-24-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my neighbors who brought me some Christmas cookies.