Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 03-09-2021, 04:26 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a nice long walk with Billie today and a nice nap with my snuggle-buddy.

(((Aly))) Hope you can get the paperwork done and out of the way.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thank you, Least! You are so kind and thoughtful. Give Billie a big belly rub for me and the kitties a nice pet. I know some cats love their bellies rubbed and others will claw and bite. I think maybe it depends on their sensitivity and how much they trust their owner to be gentle. Love to all the critters. Luke sends a big kiss!
Old 03-09-2021, 05:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Grateful I don't drink alcohol anymore.
Grateful for all your kind words and prayers for Mandy, she is still in hospital, she hasn't had her op yet as she needed more antibiotics, maybe tomorrow. I'm in contact with her every day and she seems to be in good spirits but in saying that she is amazingly good at putting on a cheerful facade.
Grateful that g.son is back in school, so far, so good.
Grateful to take him and his friend to the skate part for an hour after school then drop his friend home.
Grateful to spend some time today with g.son no.1 (young Sheldon) who starts back to school tomorrow. I took him to McDonalds drive though and got him some fries and a drink, then he came to school with me to pick his sister up and my live in g.son.
Grateful to feel well.
Grateful for a telephone conversation with my daughter.
Grateful for a telephone conversation with my mum.
Grateful to remember to order Mr D some aftershave online for his b.day on Saturday.
Grateful that Lulu cat is in a snuggly mood and is sat close up to me.
Grateful for video clip of my new kitty Loki, he was 2 weeks old yesterday.
Grateful for all I have
Grateful for all of you. xx
Old 03-09-2021, 05:42 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Daisy, new kitty Loki is adorable! But then, all kittens are cute, just by virtue of being kittens.

I too am so grateful that I don't drink anymore. I never want to go back to that hell.

Aly, I give Billie so many tummy rubs, it's a wonder she has any fur left on her tummy. One time when we had Riley, years ago, I did the math and figured how many tummy rubs she got in the 13 yrs we had her. It was thousands.

No, my cats don't like tummy rubs, they react with annoyance.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:46 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good evening to all Gratitude Practitioners

I'm grateful
- for my Dad usually saying, "Oooh, look at that!" when I put his dinner in front of him
-that a big storm is on the way
-for the deadline of the storm that made me get up and out for a bit of a walk in the warm sun
-to finish a spread sheet of finances to help me do taxes
- for my sister calling after being off grid awhile

Peace and courage all.
-
Old 03-09-2021, 10:03 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Grateful to read all your grats
Daisy, thinking of you
Aly, hope you get through the paperwork. You will feel so much better
My cats love their tummies rubbed. Today was tummy rub Tuesday.
Grateful to not let a silly argument escalate when a friend was judgmental about my lifestyle (not drinking and limit red meat and dairy). It was a strange conversation. Why would anyone care what I chose to eat or not? Lol
Grateful to start watching WandaVision
Grateful to stop by to see an old friend who used to cut sonny boy”s hair
Grateful to think of an alternative for a work initiative that is so far going no where
Grateful sonny boy has a dentist appt in the morning and that Mr F is taking hi,
Grateful to be tired and going to bed sober as usual
Old 03-10-2021, 05:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Grateful to not let a silly argument escalate when a friend was judgmental about my lifestyle (not drinking and limit red meat and dairy). It was a strange conversation. Why would anyone care what I chose to eat or not? Lol
Grateful to start watching WandaVision
Awesome eating plan! I've been trying to focus on that for the last year and it makes a noticeable difference with the inflammation in my limbs and my ability to keep weight off. Now......I might need to find a new non-judgemental friend Sorry, j/k

Can we have a review of WandaVision please? Worth watching? I'm intrigued.

Grateful it's been a fairly calm week work-wise as next week I am working a lot of doubles.
Grateful my daughter has weekdays off and took a road trip with her dog, she thinks Keva's kidneys may be shutting down and may have to make some tough decisions soon.
I'm grateful that my 23yo daughter has a love for rescue dogs and is committed to always caring for one, even though their time together may be short.
Old 03-10-2021, 04:51 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Grateful to be here again tonight.
Grateful to be well.
Grateful that I am indoors, with all windows and doors locked, there's a heck of a storm blowing out there, it's wild.
Grateful that my car passed it's MOT test today and had a service.
Grateful to pay my house insurance for a year, I'm usually terrible for putting these things on one side.
Grateful to be able to keep in touch with Mandy by text and Wattsapp while she is in hospital.
Grateful that I am not self medicating.
Grateful that we are all animal lovers here.
Grateful for our fur babies
Old 03-10-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Astro, I will keep Keva in my prayers for relief.

Fearless, your 'friend' is quite judgemental. It's not her business what you eat or drink!

Grateful today that Billie and I got in a nice long walk on this beautiful spring like day.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:28 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

I'm grateful
- that it is March and we are moving towards Spring
-for getting in a bit of exercise most days (it may not be much but it still counts)
- for the anticipation of a big storm - fun to watch the science around developing storms
-to have an hour long zoom session with my sister about my Dad's taxes - we are making progress
- that I didn't have any depression this afternoon

Good night to you all.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:42 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

BKA I keep thinking about how you were happy that your dad didn't like his new pants. It makes me giggle every time. I love fiesty old folks the most.
Tonight I'm grateful again for the library and their free ebooks that I can borrow without even leaving my house. Amazing. Grateful to get some administrative stuff taken care of yesterday and to relax today. Grateful for feeling uncomfortable some times - it means I'm growing. Grateful to get a vaccine appt for 3/31!!! Super grateful about that! Is it ok to plan a trip to the Caribbean the second my immunity kicks in?!? Love you all!
Old 03-11-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by AutumnTree View Post
Is it ok to plan a trip to the Caribbean the second my immunity kicks in?!? Love you all!
Yassssss!!! Happy for you

Grateful that I'm having breakfast again with a friend today, and grateful for my usual "two egg special" and lots of coffee.
Grateful that my wife and I have been able to continue working from home, and that we get along so well.
Grateful that I have work tomorrow night and then I'm at a hunting camp for the weekend.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:56 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Ugh! Lost another post. My iPad is acting up. I am grateful for all of you!
Old 03-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AutumnTree View Post
BKA I keep thinking about how you were happy that your dad didn't like his new pants. It makes me giggle every time. I love fiesty old folks the most.
Me too Autumn! My Dad is so easy going that I was kind of happy he objected. Mom used to escape from her memory support facility and make a beeline back to Dad. This of course was bad for the facility but we loved it as it meant she was still fighting. She would get back to Dad and refuse to return to the facility. She would say, "NO!" and then sit on her hands so you couldn't pull her to her feet. During these incidents she would grin mischievously. She has been gone 2 years now but I still get the warm fuzzies remembering her rebellion.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:11 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Grateful I got a start on my paperwork by virtue of the woman helping telling me today was the last day to get it in! So I gave her some info over the phone. Tomorrow I'm going to run over to my bank and get copies of bank statements she needs, unless I can find them and deliver them to her. She goes on vacation on Tues so she wants to get it done by Monday. At least part of my problem was forced on me today and I have to finish it. Grateful the woman is so, so nice!!
Grateful I talked to my shrink today. I didn't want to and almost cancelled, but like usual, I am really glad I spoke to him. I feel a lot less anxious. He is so normal and sensible given what I feel like I am surrounded by right now.
Grateful I have started my paper work, thanks to the kind woman helping me and talking to my doctor helped me feel like I could handle what was on my plate. I was really feeling like I just couldn't do it. Grateful that now I feel better about the whole thing. I tried calling the IRS today and got put on hold forever. I had to hang up. I'll try again later and pull up Least's article about the IRS again, . I really do need to speak to someone and I'm thinking I'll be on hold for the rest of the month.
Grateful for all the support you all gave me and I do feel better having started it.
Grateful for such at great group here at BT Grats. Grateful for the Grat Pack!!!
Old 03-11-2021, 05:20 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Aly, I PMed you with the link. Can't post it as it's a commercial site, but the instructions given to reach an agent work.
Old 03-11-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Astro, prayers for keva, sorry I missed that last night.

Grateful it's the end of the day now and I'm going to my comfy bed sober.
Grateful for warm clothes, it's been so cold today.
Grateful that the wind has dropped, it's still quite windy but better than it was.
Grateful to feel well.
Grateful to be in contact by text messages with my friend Mandy while she is in hospital.
Grateful for all I have.
Old 03-11-2021, 05:27 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Many thanks, my friend! I have to run around to the bank and a few things tomorrow. I will try to call the IRS when I get home. Monday, if I can't get through tomorrow. I'm sure I'm not the only one who did not get their stimulus money. So weird how my mind works. I'll sit on something and be anxious about it for a while, then all of a sudden, wham! I'll get it done and fast. So, I'll be zooming around tomorrow and probably Monday.
Oh yes, love to Astro's Katie and Keva. So sweet.
Love to you, Daisy and Mandy.
Love ya! Take care all!
Old 03-11-2021, 08:59 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I hope you all had an OK Thursday. Ally it sounds like you have been doing well being an adult with all that it entails.

Tonight I'm grateful
- for the possible storm
-getting myself out of the house to get my skis at my brother's house
- for getting another little bit done towards taxes: filed papers and zoomed with my sister

I may look forward to a storm but I'm hoping you all in the UK get a break. I can understand it would get old specially with wind.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Love the stories about your dad, bekind
Yes of course, AT. Caribbean!
Astro, thinking of Keva
Aly, I’m glad you saw your therapist. I’m seeing mine on Monday
Btw, WandaVision is a Marvell series on Disney Plus. We are watching with sonny boy. Good for teenagers and family fun
Grateful for no outbursts today from anyone in the family 😊