Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 86

Old 01-22-2020, 05:50 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that it 'warmed up' just enough to take Billie for a long walk. Grateful that the sun was shining too.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Grateful for Carlotta’s 7 years!
Daisy, that’s so nice to start a routine with your mum and spend time with her. By the way, anytime I buy one thing for the house, it leads to the domino effect. There’s always something else
Aly, I hope you are doing better today. I did not get to the morning thread today to see your post
least, it was such a beautiful day here too. 64 degrees and sunny!
Grateful for a pretty good day overall. I’m pretty sure Astro was the one who said this a while ago - look at this time I’m going through as a learning experience. I appreciate that. I am certainly learning a lot! Grateful that there is progress. Sometimes it’s two steps forward and one back, but it’s progress. Grateful I’m talking to my Dad everyday and learning how to keep him calm. Even when I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed, I am assuring him everything is going to be fine. He always perks up. Grateful to remember what I can control and what I can’t. This has been so important in both my job and personal life
Grateful to go for a run after work today
Grateful my big cat is content. I have to be honest, Mr F and I have a little disagreement over how often and the type of food he should be fed. So I bought some grain free healthy organic food and I am sneaking a little to him. He seems much more satisfied. He is not gaining weight back. He is sitting next to me purring with a big smile on his face.
Grateful there are no disagreements over sonny boys diet
Grateful Mr F took sonny boy to karate and I am enjoying some me time
Grateful to get back to watching This Is Us
Grateful for all of you!
Old 01-22-2020, 07:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

64 degrees and sunny!
Sure beats our 36 F and sunny here. I'm just glad it was sunny. That always lifts my spirits.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Grateful that there is progress. Sometimes it’s two steps forward and one back, but it’s progress.
More often than not that seems to be the case, right?! But I sure am grateful for the people in my life who love me and support me along the way, it smooths out some of the bumps I might trip over.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:14 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Grateful that I had a great session with my psychiatrist. Awesome. He gave me a referral to a primary care doctor whose father he worked with. I have hated every primary care doctor that I've had where I've been going. So I am praying this guy is good.
Grateful for all of you, esp my good friends, who kind of gathered around me and held me up while I needed it and for your caring. I love this group.
Have a great evening. Love and peace to anyone struggling or suffering tonight.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

We've had it warmer than you today Least, 44 but no sun, just grey and dismal.

Grateful for another sober night.
Grateful my daughter was happy with her birthday present, we bought her a 12 month family pass for the National Trust parks.
Grateful to have no after school activities going on tonight.
Grateful to make some rules with g.son re video gaming, he was getting a bit obsessed with a particular game and I've had to put my foot down with a heavy hand.
Grateful for a quiet evening.
Grateful for all the lovely friends I have here.
Grateful Fearless gets to talk to her lovely dad everyday, that is so good.
Very grateful that Aly had such a wonderful session with her psychiatrist. I have a gut feeling that your new primary care doctor will be the one for you.xx
Grateful I found this place and grateful for each and every one of you. xx
Old 01-23-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful it got up to the low 40s today, and sunny, so Billie and I got in a long walk.

Glad Aly has a good shrink, and hopefully a good doctor from the referral.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thank you, Least, my friend. You are always so sweet, I am jealous of how fit you must be getting! I need to get moving too. Another thing this gabapentin has done is make it impossible to lose weight, even when fasting for days. I sure hope the new doctor is an improvement.

Thank you, Daisy. I have a good feeling about him too. At least he's not 25 y.o. with 10 earrings in each ear and tattoos! This is CA, so I guess it goes. I've always worked at very formal law firms, no tattoos, earrings on guys, a suit every day. Lots of dry cleaning bills. So I guess in my mind, I expect professionals to look a certain way. I don't even care about that as much as how bad they are. I hope this new guy is it.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:09 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Aly, I wish I could share my PCP with you. He is so cool. He's a gerontologist and plays the violin for fun. And my shrink is great too, and looks like Paul Krugman.

Tonight I'm grateful that God let me keep Billie here with me when he took Jack to be with him. Billie loves me unreservedly and that reminds me of God's love for his creations.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Grateful my daughter was happy with her birthday present, we bought her a 12 month family pass for the National Trust parks.
Awesome gift!

Grateful we have such a busy weekend ahead, lots of visits with friends and family.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:39 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

That is an awesome gift, Daisy.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:24 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a nap with Billie on this rainy day.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:36 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Grateful to talk to two moms about parenting Tweeners and teenagers, and to learn that one of the moms has never had a drop of alcohol. The other only tried it one time in college and never again. They are both older moms like me, in their fifties.
Grateful sonny boy has been asking me to “hang out” with him. So I have been hanging out in his room while he sorts his legos and I read. Sometimes we look at Shutterfly pics together. Grateful for my hugbot
Grateful for my cogs too
Old 01-24-2020, 10:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fearless, if you've got 'cogs', then I guess Billie is a 'dat', as she sleeps as much as a cat does, and also likes to chase the red dot like a cat does.

Grateful for my constant companion Billie.

Old 01-25-2020, 05:08 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
They are both older moms like me, in their fifties.
I had to chuckle at this Fearless, I like knowing that my wife and I are older parents in our 50's We get to be young grandparents this weekend too!

Grateful that my faith is in a kind and loving God, and that He has a plan for me to fulfill. Grateful for everyone who showed up for the memorial service for a friends sister.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:48 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Grateful for a restful day. It's pretty boring, being sick. I know I have to rest or I won't get well, so I'm resting.
Grateful it turned sunny after fog this morning.
Grateful for true friends, not false ones. Grateful eventually we find people's true character. A lot of good people out here. I think I should start doing affirmations again.
Grateful to be watching the Pegasus Stakes. Gosh, it makes me miss my equine days. I'd get horses off the track to ride and I rescued 2 that were in bad shape, one especially, a royally bred mare that I actually had a very strong esp tie to. When I was breeding her (2X), I would sit up in bed in the middle of the night and tell my dog, a Doberman back then, "she's having her baby". We'd jump in the car and sure enough, she'd just had the baby. She did it again when she had the second one too. So cool. I get these images from them sometimes, but esp my mares.
Love to you all. Sorry about my digression. Love and peace to all the best people.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm definitely an older parent. I'm 68 and my youngest is 27.

Grateful that Billie ate all her supper and then did a LW in the dog yard. Grateful for Pondlady's help in house training her.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:18 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Grateful for a sober Saturday night.
Grateful to have family visit.
Grateful for no drama.
Grateful to make some firm rules with g.son about how long he can play computer games for.
Grateful Least has such a wonderful PCP and wow he plays violin, that's so good.
Grateful to read Fearless's post.
Grateful to read Aly's post about her precious horses. You're just wonderful Aly xx
Grateful to be going to bed now, I'm struggling to keep my eyes open.
Grateful to each and everyone of you. xx
Old 01-25-2020, 05:38 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Daisy! You know, raising children and raising colts aren't too different in a lot of ways. You can just see, also in dogs, horses you really have to watch due to their size and capacity to hurt someone, but you can sometimes just see by the look in their eyes, that they may or may not give you trouble when getting them ready for bed!
Be wonderful, as you are! Love you all!♥♥♥
Old 01-25-2020, 05:40 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Least, remember, Einstein played the violin too!!