Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 94

Old 12-03-2019, 09:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hev, I'm with you. Thankful I have 2 pairs of jeans I can "comfortably" wear now, and they're tight too! I was doing well too, this time of year is so difficult, but not impossible.
Grateful we can share our concerns and friendship here.
Grateful for courage's post.
Grateful for my dog handling class at ARF today. Training methods are changing radically. I think maybe for the better. A kinder, more rewarding way although takes longer, worth it in the long run. Exciting to learn something new.
Prayer sent up for Rusty.
So grateful for all of you, very much.
Love and peace to anyone struggling or suffering in any way.♥♥♥
Old 12-03-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sorry to be late to the party. Glad to be here now.

NL - nothing shallow about being pleased when people say nice (and truthful) things about your appearance. It is a fabulous side effect of giving up drinking that bloated, dehydrated skin really does become a thing of the past. Luckily enough I can find a dozen others things about my appearance to grouse about!

Rusty - sounds like epic was the right word for the jamming session. Obviously you can still drum up a storm. Fingers crossed that they can do the port tomorrow (or indeed that they have now done it; I can never quite work out the time difference).

ImValentine - good luck in the new job. Sounds hopeful.

Fearless - grateful to hear that there comes a time when small people agree to wear suitable coats etc. So I only have to wait about 10 years for my granddaughter to get to that stage. Daily fight here to persuade her to venture out in very cold weather wearing a jacket (which I'm often come close tolosing, even though I'm bigger than her). She's definitely not a quitter when it comes to the battle of the puffer jackets!

Fearless/Hev - "patient and proactive". Indeed. Work in progress here.

Hi MKlove - nice to meet you.

Aly/Hev - ah, the familiar once comfortable now too tight jeans situation. Why do I recognise that so well?! I'm not giving in but then again, unfortunately, neither are the jeans. Sigh.

NewChapter - gosh. Thanks for the reminder, via that 'club woman dancing on the table shirtless' tale, of the endless damage that alcohol can inflict at so many levels and in so many ways is endless. Shudder.

Daisy - well done to your lovely grandson!

Courage - grateful also for the support of other alcoholism survivors, especially the one who post on this thread.

Grateful two busy days in toddler care land are done and dusted. Next week sees the end of swimming lessons until 2020. Although I won't be celebrating with a glass of champagne - obvs- I might just treat myself to some very expensive chocolate!
Thankful the rain has ceased but less thankful that it's turned really cold, although unlike my granddaughter I can happily sport a warm puffer jacket.
Grateful to be back on here sharing news with you all. always a pleasure.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:01 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you MKLove
Zippy, all the best for today x

Grateful to be sober
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-04-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Grateful to be managing life and all its challenges with a clear head.
Grateful to have been watching my newest guilty pleasure show last night, Ex-Wives of Rock (it ended like 5 years ago but I only came across it recently!) and reminded of the devastation of alcohol abuse. One of the characters in the throes of alcohol addiction and rapid decline refused to go to rehab saying it is 'for losers' - his wife had the most wonderfully accurate commentary on this. She said that getting help and trying to get sober is the farthest thing from a loser possible; it is getting drunk all day, hurting the people you love and losing your family that is for losers. It really hit home with me around just how much alcohol really takes. The party doesn't stay a party forever and over time, it will strip away everything good in your life until it is all you have left.
Grateful for SR peeps and Gratters, always

Grateful also for the support and camaraderie of other alcohol survivors, thanks Courage.
Grateful for Hev's super cute puppy picture! Brought a smile to my face! I am also grateful for your wonderfully poetic way with words - love the description of the fresh snow.
Grateful for Least's post.
Grateful Aly got to enjoy learning some new skills. Working with dogs and animals must be so rewarding!
Grateful Rose will soon get a break from toddler swimming time! Expensive chocolates sound so good, enjoy the treat!
Grateful for Mags' post.

I hope everyone out there has a wonderful, sober day. Keep your heads up, Gratters
Old 12-04-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hoping RZ got his port and that all went smoothly!
Daisy, how exciting re: GS!
Valentine, can’t blame you for being stir crazy after that!

Grateful I am not the only person struggling with children who just. Will not. Ever. Wear an. Effing. Coat. Why???! What does today’s generation have against coats? And what did pants do to my son that he refuses to wear them? He told me he would go to the top of Mt. Everest in shorts if he had to.
Grateful for NC’s story of the woman at the club. A cringe worthy story that resonates with many of us I am guessing. If not the dancing on table part, as Hev said, the lack of being true to ourselves.
Grateful my parents are coming for a visit tomorrow.
Grateful for all the food in our kitchen.
Grateful for Christmas lights.
Grateful for this group.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Grateful I’m starting a P/T job today. Went in Monday for 45 minutes to check it out. Not much training and extremely laid back. A very old fashion sheet metal business in a shop.
Grateful I had a thought provoking day yesterday with therapist and AA friend. Recognizing all sorts of character issues. Now to work on them is the trick!
Grateful you are all here and inspiring.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Grateful to read all your posts and not be in such a hurry
Grateful for NCJ last couple of posts. The Christmas party story. Yikes. That was me. Why did I used to think that was cute and sexy? It’s so embarrassing. I can now recall, when I look back, some of the looks of pity and concern from others 😐. Sober is such a better look. NC, I will also have to check out that show. Someone told me about it a long time ago and I forgot. I better get watching soon before next seasons of Ozark, dead to me and strangers things come out. So many shows! Anyway, getting sober in any way even if it means going through detox or rehab is a sign of strength and courage. Sad that others don’t see that.
Grateful for Hev and Daisy avatars
Grateful/not Grateful that Numblady’s kids don’t like winter coats either. At least we are not alone. Grateful that I don’t live in a place with snow or extreme temperatures, so if sonny boy doesn’t comply the natural consequences aren’t so severe
Grateful for Daisy’s g.son passing test and for Daisy’s being such an awesome grand mum
Grateful for Aly’s volunteering
Grateful imvalentine is starting a new job and had a good therapy appointment too
Rose, there was something I wanted to comment on but already forgot 😊
Grateful I have different sizes jeans in my closet for those days 😊
Grateful for each of you
Old 12-04-2019, 06:06 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

wooo-hoo am i sore today!

grateful to have learned to be able to live in discomfort
Old 12-04-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the congrats re my g.son, much appreciated.

Hevyn & Aly, my jeans are the same too, I was doing well but now I have a muffin top again.

I'm running a bit late today, technically speaking it's afternoon, but hey!

Grateful to be sober again today.
Grateful to have been organised last night and have everything ready for this morning, as I overslept. Thankfully, it wasn't because I'd been drinking.
Grateful to get the precious ones to school safely and on time.
Grateful to go into town and buy some gifts ( not really grateful to go into town as I don't like shopping, but I'm grateful I got some gifts).
Grateful to buy myself a jacket with vouchers I got for my birthday back in July.
Grateful to laugh at my little cat sat in the bay window beckoning the birds outside.
Grateful that though it is very cold, it's sunny and dry.
Grateful for a phone call from my daughter.
Grateful for warm clothes.
Grateful as per Aly that dog training classes are much improving, good on you Aly for doing them.
Grateful to relate with Rose re g.children and warm jackets. My gang never want to wear a coat. x
Grateful for NewChapters post re the 'ex wives of rock.' That particular wife was spot on.
Grateful, really grateful and so very, very amused to read N.L's post re her children not wearing coats and in particular he son not wearing pants. It is a daily battle to get my live in g.son to put his coat on and when he does, he leaves it wherever he goes, which results in me visiting lost property desks on a weekly basis. Pants, O.M.G yes the pants, he also refused point blank to wear pants even though it's freezing. He is the only boy in his class that is wearing shorts and he has the skinniest little legs you've ever seen, they look like sparrows legs hanging out of a nest! Drives me nuts to say the least.
Grateful Imvalentine is starting a new job today, I hope it goes well for you Im.
Grateful for Fearless's kind comments, thank you lovely.
Grateful that Rusty has posted despite being so sore, take good care of yourself R.Z.
Grateful to have this place to post and share, it keeps me sane.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xx
Old 12-04-2019, 08:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
p***enger

Rusty, does that mean you got the port? I hope so.

Grateful for una poca de gracia
Old 12-04-2019, 08:44 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.

Grateful for all of you.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:42 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I mean...where is it written that jeans have to be denim? How about something a bit more 'giving', like flannel or fleece.
Aly - The new methods sound very hopeful.​
Numb - Even here in NY I see people out shopping in shorts, no coat - and it's 20F. I do remember taking off my coat after leaving for school though - it was way too bulky & uncool.
Zip - I hope the soreness goes away soon. Prayers continue.
NC - That show sounds brutally honest - I'll try to find it. So true - the party has to end - and then your friend alcohol is the only thing left to cling to. ​
Rose - Great idea - celebrating with chocolate.
Grateful to turn around a cranky attitude.
Grateful the 5 dogs we walked today at the shelter were all spoken for. Two brothers (Huskys) just came in yesterday due to the owner's death & they have a home already.
Grateful to have slept through the night for about a week.
Grateful for all the good stuff here today.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I loved your message Courage! ♥ Te amo!
Prayers for Rusty that his soreness goes away very soon.
Grateful it's raining, as we need it, but it sure makes walking Luke unfun. He hates it too.
Grateful for all the little things I sometimes take for granted.
Grateful for all of you so very much.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:30 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Magsie

Zippy, hope the soreness soon goes.

Daisy, doesn’t g.son feel the cold?

Grateful shelter dogs Hev walked have all got new homes to go too.
Grateful I’m sober
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-05-2019, 02:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to be able to Pay It Forward.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:15 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Fleece jeans Hevyn, bet they'd be warm and comfy, I could be tempted.

Mags, he doesn't seem to feel the cold where pants are concerned lol, wouldn't mind but his little legs are like knots in cotton. Someone told him that if he wears shorts all the time it would make his legs stronger for playing rugby. Thanks someone ( big sigh!)

Hope you're feeling better today Rusty. xx

Grateful to be sober, hangover and guilt free this morning.
Grateful to deliver the precious ones safely to school.
Grateful not to go in school this morning to help as I am full of a horrible cold, don't want to breath germs on the little ones.
Grateful to get a few bits of groceries on the way home from the school run.
Grateful to get the dishes done and be sat here posting with a coffee at my side.
Grateful my little cat is curled up in front of the fire.
Grateful for a drama free few days.
Grateful my ex husband jet washed my mums drive way for her. That was kind of him.
Grateful for small mercies.
Grateful the 5 dogs that Hevyn and Mr H walked yesterday are all spoken for, bless them.
Grateful for each and every one of you.xx
Old 12-05-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

OMG Daisy you are killing me with the sparrow’s legs hanging out of the nest and the knots in socks. Spot on! And hilarious!
RZ, hoping the pain is short lived and the pluses of the port outweigh the minuses.
Valentine, excited for you and your new job.

Grateful I spoke out loud about a possible new role for myself at work—that could become a reality...or not. But it felt good to put it out there.
Grateful my parents are coming to visit today.
Grateful I’m part of a FB group that is specific to sober lawyer moms. I haven’t ever even posted and there’s not much traffic. But it’s cool to live in a world where stuff like that is possible.
Grateful for the thought Daisy put in my mind of cats trying to convince birds to come play with them. Love the silly noises they make in an attempt to woo the birds through windows.
Grateful for humility prayer.
Grateful for all of you and your big, dog-walking, animal-rescuing hearts.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

yep port in cour

grateful to be way less sore today

grateful to be putting the iv port into action today

providing my hemoglobin count is up

as always, grateful for all your support
Old 12-05-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Grateful to come and read all of your wonderful posts even if unfortunately I don’t have enough time today to individually respond as I should like; know that I appreciate and I am grateful for you all, always!
Grateful to be sober
Grateful to continue to learn and grow each day
Grateful my sweet boy was was well behaved in our lesson last night despite being very excited about the exercise we were working on!
Old 12-05-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Grateful for a big vacation to look forward to next year.
Grateful it is grocery day.
Grateful my little one is feeling better.
Grateful a bump on my oldest head is going away on it's own.
Grateful for a sunshiney morning.
Grateful for plenty of tea and coffee to drink.