Notices

Bedtime Gratitude - Part 41 - All Are Welcome

Old 10-11-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Grateful that I keep fighting against my initial lifelong impulse to isolate to reduce stress. (Working toward learning that being with others can also reduce stress. A new concept for me.)
Grateful for sobriety's growth that seems to naturally happen.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

grateful to have gone to preview an auction tonight,

and hang out for a bit with the old old timers! lol
Old 10-11-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

grateful that despite stress and upset at work I have had no desire to lose my sobriety.
grateful that my family is supportive and that I can be peaceful in my home.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful for dinner out with the family, and grateful for added doses of patience with the fussy grandchildren.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

I am very grateful to be sober tonight.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Grateful to grieve.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
I'm watching the old ones from the 1960s/70s...If you watch start with the 9th Doctor and Rose (Christopher Eccleston & Billie Piper)
Thanks so much, wiscsober!! I've liked Christopher Eccleston in movies, so I may just have to check him out as The Doctor.

Grateful for TV tips. ; )

And grateful for handling phone meeting sharing inconsistent with Anorexics & Bulimics Anonymous' Traditions by reading from our literature and sharing MY experience rather than trying to "correct" people.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-12-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

grateful to know what i have power over, and what i do not
Old 10-12-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Grateful to get out tonight and go to the mall with my son and get a coffee at Starbucks and do lots of walking and spending time together. As we were walking it dawned on me there's all these different lives walking around and how fast life has gone by.

Grateful I cut down taking Ambien by lots but I took one tonight cause I got lots of sleep in today and have to work tomorrow (Sunday) from 6 am to 12:30 pm.

Grateful to have the drive to keep all work options open by asking around once in a while if people know of any job openings in case my job didn't work out. I had a chat with a mall security officer supervisor and asked if they were hiring - just for the heck of it.

He said they were and just hired a few more and are looking for more, especially with the holidays coming up. He's making $22/hr. But he's been there 12 years. He said they provide the training and there's room to move up if I were to start there.

Grateful it did my son good to get out also.

Grateful to just keep on trying in life and not to give up.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

grateful for a walk in a beautiful forest with my dogs and a wonderful lunch date with my husband.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
Grateful to grieve.
Thank you for that. For a different way to see my own grief and grieving. That is one area of my healing I have tried to avoid all my life but I know that it is my next stage of healing and reclaiming my life. I have much to grieve and have been so afraid of it but it really is necessary and can even be a gift.

We have a thread about crying in Substance Abuse and it's so helpful and now here is your post bringing light in another direction.

So I am going to try to allow myself to be grateful for these tears that flow so readily and so easily these days.

Grateful for this little window of oppty. that suddenly appeared so I could get online and come to SR tonight.

Grateful for a good day of positive experiences, abundance of good things, the ability to afford necessities and tell myself it's okay to feel good and have good things happen too!

Grateful that my car is fixed!!!!!!! And that my mechanic caught a problem before it became a HUGE problem. Grateful I had the money to cover it, though I have to pay myself back as it was rent and wood money. Grateful to feel a tiny speck of trust that it will all work out. And today my car is fixed and that is awesome!

ETA--grateful to come home the other night, put on my Stevie Ray Vaughn CD and dance dance dance! I used to dance all the time, til I dropped. Music and dancing were always my salvation and it felt so good to feel that again. While using, music mostly slipped away out of my life. It felt/feels so good to wake back up to this most important part of myself and my life!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

So grateful it's Thanksgiving this weekend, where I live!

The family is here, the weather is beautiful, and the Turkey looks delish!!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Yay Lyoness!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Grateful for both Lyoness's and Rusty's posts tonight.

Grateful my stepdaughter just helped me gain a huge insight within minutes. She is amazing.

Grateful to remember (with help from my stepdaughter and from Rusty) that I'm not always in control, and to realize this weekend I am being forced to relive that, and it's better I acknowledge it and surrender to it. So here goes. Taking a big breath first.

Grateful I'm not always in control.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Grateful for the day off tomorrow, and that I can take my dad to his appointments.
Grateful that he wants to help me with some groceries.
Grateful that I have a family who is supportive and caring.
On that note, grateful for the new pair of converse chuck taylors that my sister bought for me; I had no shoes.

Nite all, Love V xx
Old 10-13-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful that my daughter has a polite & respectful boyfriend.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Grateful to meet my sibs and Dad for Mass this AM and then breakfast.
Grateful the sun and moon have both showed themselves after four straight days of rain and cloud cover that obscured both completely. Grateful I could garden.
Grateful I met my stepdaughter and grandson for dinner. We live so much closer now!
Grateful when I got home there was an invite for next week taped to my door for a neighborhood game of.... wait for it.... croquet!!
Grateful a picture of my grandson painting a pumpkin last week at an orchard was put in the local rag with he, his Mom, and me, all mentioned. I could've fallen over when I saw it.
Grateful to live in a small town.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
Grateful when I got home there was an invite for next week taped to my door for a neighborhood game of.... wait for it.... croquet!
That is so cool! Our neighborhood "mayor" died a few months ago and I've been talking to neighbors about how we should still have our annual block party. Croquet would be great. I haven't played in aeons...

Grateful for a beautiful service at Unity this morning with live harp music. I had never heard a "walking bass" line on a harp. It kind of rocked.

And grateful for surviving my first day in a while without caffeine. I want to live, not caffeine free, but at least caffeine optional.

--ez
Old 10-13-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I mulled this one over for the past couple weeks, but here goes:

I'm grateful a past sponsee told me that I haven't forgiven myself for many things, and that I'm an angry person.

I'm grateful I can inventory this, do some RET work.

Grateful to feel and embrace anger and regret.

Grateful for all of your posts.....and sleep tight.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

grateful to have heard the recovery story of a wise guy tonight that had two wifes

kinda puts a new spin on the chapter To Wives! lol