Notices

Today I am grateful for the SR Website because....

Old 08-25-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I am grateful to SR for the kind, wise, real people here, for the moderators and administrators that work so hard to make this site as great as it is, and for being able to tell my story and have people truly understand.

SR is an oasis of reality and support in a world filled too often with denial and cruelty.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Heartfelt gratitude to SR because there is absolutely no way I would have gotten 28 days last month and 20 days this month without it.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Because the people here understand me and they genuinely care.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm grateful to the SR website for coming into my life at a time when I needed it but didn't know it (found it by accident). You people are always there for me no matter what time of day, what kind of weather, no matter what I look like or what kind of mood I'm in. The support here is totally amazing. There are times I just read & automatically feel better, without having to say a word (I have a hard time raising my hand @ F2F mtgs). I can share if I want to, yet no one judges. Sobriety has too many gifts to list right now, but SR is right up there on the top of the list. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I am very greatful for sr...cos im so lonely atm....but i can talk to my cyber friends on here..anytime of the day...ty sr xxxxx
Old 08-30-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thumbs up SR is Open 24/7

I am grateful that this site is always open because it means so much to me with my health issues. I can't get to meetings often but this site is a wonderful blessing. It can totally refocus my thinking and reinforce my Gratitute for beginning one more day sober. It's a reminder that all we have is today and to not worry so much about tomorrow, next month, or whatever. I don't know if it's appropriate on this forum but I have recently been diagnosed with Neuropathy. It's very painful and life threatening. I follow doctors orders to a T, like doing what I was told when I walked into my first meeting of AA. All the wisdom was there from those who have gone thru the steps. To the lady with one day, you are so 'in the right place' and please 'keep coming back'. Those are two very powerful statements and I can become immune to their message until something causes me to wake up and direct my thinking to those who have much to say. If I listen to me I can get my 'shorts twisted' and that's an unhappy place to be. So, having already written much more than a 'quick reply' I just want to say to the newcomer: you are not alone, we know you even before you walked In he door. and if you stick with it you will have an unimagible life ahead of you. It's worth it!! Best to you, Ipanema
Old 08-30-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I am greatful because it literally saved my life. The knowledge I have garnered here is invaluable.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Keep coming back. It reeaaallllly works and wishing you the very best. I recently heard a quote from Anthony Hopkins that goes somewhat like: "expect nothing and accept anything and you will have a more serene life" I love it because it's so much like "Let Go and Let God".
Old 09-01-2013, 02:51 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Because I love my friends here so much.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
On my path.

These people have helped me stay away from drinking with their kind and wise words.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thoughtful, concerned responses - most folks actually care and spend the time and energy to really respond, really support (in other words: it's not trite BS!).

Excellent moderation - I've belonged to other boards and never have I experienced such a spirit of unity and sincere support, even with the diversity of the folks here (from bikers to mom's, from atheists to Christians) and the diversity of issues, and the diversity of recovery approaches. Almost beyond amazing, really.

I can come here and get encouragement, often reading just what I need to 'hear', when I'm lonely and have no one to talk to F2F.

I can come here when I'm floating in my own crap and offer encouragement and support, reminding myself that I do have something to offer, I'm not useless.

I have this sort of confidence, in the back of my mind, even when I'm not online, that 'you all' are here...I'm not alone.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Because it has given me 572 days of sobriety and caused miracles in my life.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Because it grounds me when nothing else works.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
Because it grounds me when nothing else works.
Thank you EternalQ. I was having a moment of listening to my darn self and voila! you told me what I needed to hear....
Old 09-04-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DylanS View Post
Thoughtful, concerned responses - most folks actually care and spend the time and energy to really respond, really support (in other words: it's not trite BS!).

Excellent moderation - I've belonged to other boards and never have I experienced such a spirit of unity and sincere support, even with the diversity of the folks here (from bikers to mom's, from atheists to Christians) and the diversity of issues, and the diversity of recovery approaches. Almost beyond amazing, really.

I can come here and get encouragement, often reading just what I need to 'hear', when I'm lonely and have no one to talk to F2F.

I can come here when I'm floating in my own crap and offer encouragement and support, reminding myself that I do have something to offer, I'm not useless.

I have this sort of confidence, in the back of my mind, even when I'm not online, that 'you all' are here...I'm not alone.
...we need you as much as you need us! A mutual admiration society because those who come here are Winners. Those who stay here are Miracles. For me it's thanks to my Higher Power who is always there, even though I think about running the show he pulls me back by putting me in touch with those who understand. Be Blessed!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

...because sometimes SR is all I have... and yet, it is enough.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Because I am beginning to see just how much I need the others here and how interconnected we are... That being helped and helping others goes hand in hand. Our sobriety really depends on it.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 09-08-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Today, because frankly it is a nice escape/ distraction from what's annoying me today that i have no control over. Beats drinking!. LOL
Old 09-08-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

It helps me keep focused on being sober, today x
Old 09-08-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Because I get a chance to see the AV trying to rear it's ugly head every now and then. And then I see a poster coming here and asking for help when things get tough and that AV gets it's a$$ handed to it by a supportive community!