Old 09-04-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Ipanema

Originally Posted by DylanS View Post
Thoughtful, concerned responses - most folks actually care and spend the time and energy to really respond, really support (in other words: it's not trite BS!).

Excellent moderation - I've belonged to other boards and never have I experienced such a spirit of unity and sincere support, even with the diversity of the folks here (from bikers to mom's, from atheists to Christians) and the diversity of issues, and the diversity of recovery approaches. Almost beyond amazing, really.

I can come here and get encouragement, often reading just what I need to 'hear', when I'm lonely and have no one to talk to F2F.

I can come here when I'm floating in my own crap and offer encouragement and support, reminding myself that I do have something to offer, I'm not useless.

I have this sort of confidence, in the back of my mind, even when I'm not online, that 'you all' are here...I'm not alone.
...we need you as much as you need us! A mutual admiration society because those who come here are Winners. Those who stay here are Miracles. For me it's thanks to my Higher Power who is always there, even though I think about running the show he pulls me back by putting me in touch with those who understand. Be Blessed!