A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 21

Old 07-21-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
Loves, sometimes I don't understand you. Well and alot of other people either for that matter.

When it comes to being a couple everything is ours. My dime is your dime. And your dime is mine.

That does not hold true if you are in an addict or abusive relationship, but I'm not sure that qualifies as being a couple.

Noah doesn't understand me either. The only thing I can think of is I've really been so independent for so long that this whole "couple" thing is really new for me. The ONLY relationship I've been in where there was an "our" thing was when I was married..........and I literally lost everything in the divorce. I had to start completely over all alone. I never had any help. I worked 2 jobs just to make it. Every relationship after my divorce (only 2) were involved with #1 a guy who had his own place and I had mine and #2 Shank. He was an addict..........need I say more. He took more than he gave and it was me supporting everything.

This "ours" thing is really something I'm struggeling with although if I had it, I'd send Noah my last dime. I'm just not used to having someone I can count on and it's a real issue for me for some strange reason.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I'm not really here, just dusting up a little and staightening the blinds and will be gone soon, lol, but what about a flea collar? Before there ever was Advantage (which I love) flea collars did the trick. Or look on the internet and see what alternatives there might be.

I am shopping and cleaning today ladies, so keep it clean and ya won't be seeing me hanging around.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

We'll be good I promise. LOL
Old 07-21-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happysoul View Post
.i almost feel like i've failed because i can't do something and i don't want to feel like i "owe" anyone anything.
Oh my.........you hit it right on the head. I feel like i've failed if I can't manage on my own!! The thing of it is........I hate feeling that way too, I just don't know how not to!! I'll get myself all in a tizzy over it.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I was single for a long time. And intended to stay that way. next month we will celebrate our 2 year anniversary and I am still learning and have a long way to go to learn to thing in terms of our rather than you and me. My loving husband is my best teacher.

Never, do not call my friend Never a loser again. Remember, there is no name calling allowed in posting...unless it is about our tortured others who torture us. And that is called venting. eh?
Old 07-21-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Well, he vowed all his worldly goods to me and I mention it with glee sometimes.
And that just means I am comfortable enough to tease him.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
Never, do not call my friend Never a loser again. Remember, there is no name calling allowed in posting...unless it is about our tortured others who torture us. And that is called venting. eh?

Who called Never a loser?? LET ME AT EM!! I'll kick butt and take names later!! OOps...........I promised to be good. But this is different. That's my best friend!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I missed that part too, scrolled up still dont see it?
Old 07-21-2007, 07:48 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I'm not really here, just dusting up a little and staightening the blinds and will be gone soon, lol, but what about a flea collar? Before there ever was Advantage (which I love) flea collars did the trick. Or look on the internet and see what alternatives there might be.

I am shopping and cleaning today ladies, so keep it clean and ya won't be seeing me hanging around.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
you have a good wkend too ann, glad you dropped in, it would be nice if you would hang out with us sometimes, share some of all that wisdom. love ya
Old 07-21-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

This house is so drab I swear!! All my decor is in Texas lol. Maybe I'll take the money Noah sent me and "spoof" up the place. Juuuuuuuuust kidding. What kind of a jackbutt would that make me?? A big one. No worries honey!! Ahhhh......he knows that.......or at least he'd better.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Yum chinese egg rolls good left over for breakfast.

I am antsy today cant sit still or focus on anyone thing. I hate this. TOok to valerian root (relaxing herbs) Maybe they will help
Old 07-21-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I have to say I also have a hard time with the whole "ours" things. I think it also comes from being so independant for so long. I lived on my own and supported myself for years b4 I met scott. I think its hard for me still to admit that sometimes I do need some financial support from him. I mean he is the bread maker in this family right now. Then like anvil, scott likes to take the summers off and then I pick up the slack there although I dont think he notices. In fact in the 4yrs we have been together this is the first summer he has worked. This is also one of the few times that we have been together that I am not working let alone working 2jobs which drives him nuts cause the way he sees it I dont have too. The way I see is I do if I want some spending $. I mean he always says its "our" money. He has NEVER shot in my face how much he spends on me or anything like that. So I know he really does believe these things. Its just so hard I guess to admit that I do need him and yes I do need his $ too. Man, did I just type that. Hmm maybe making progress.

Never its so hard when u do help a friend and it seems they conned u. I have also been in that situation and its a hard one to be in. I just learned my lesson it was a hard lesson cause I am such a giving person and hate to see anyone struggle. But, on the other hand being the one looking in I could see if they just made a few simple life style changes that they wouldnt be hurting as bad money wise. Scott and I see this alot his family is always "borrowing" money I use that term loosly. Its more like giving them money. Then we will see them out in new sneakers or at the bar yet they dont have the 40 that they borrowed. Hmm how can u afford to go out? Frustrating as it is chalk it up in a lesson learned. Next time they ask just make a few simple suggestions as how they could budget better and they wouldnt be so broke.

Loves I agree with the good Dr. Anvil relax I mean where is that mess going? I am also a master and rearranging the dishes so they dont look as bad as they are. lol. I also am like a kid sometimes when it comes to cleaning if it can "hide" behind the couch for a bit vs lugging it upstairs and putting it away well then I hide hit. lol. Kinda like stuffing everything under my bed. My house looks lived in but not in a dirty way. Well I guess I should go find some motivation here too.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Happy, whats calms, Ive never tried that.

Valerian root can help, its supposed to promote sleepful rest, course for me if I cant sleep its not gonna help, but if I take 2 every 4 hours if extremely anxious it does help, but can make you lazy as well (course lazy is better than high strung.)
Old 07-21-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Word to the wise. DO NOT........and I repeat.......DO NOT ever buy a glass dining room table!! Grrrrrrrr.........my dog thinks she's a cat so naturally follows the cat everywhere. The cat hops up on the dining room table with in itself is discusting as hell, but then the dog follows right along!! I've had to wipe off all sorts of paw marks........discusting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
diningroomtable002.jpg (35.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-21-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I agree if you barrowed money when things are tight you dont go out and buy new dishes.
(course then again I dont buy anything new even if I have $)

but really that was very poor taste and we know where she will not get money again
Old 07-21-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Loves, I tried taht once too, its bad enough getting fur off a wood table, glass it sticks. We have squirt guns now for when they attemp to get on table or counter.

Happy, I like that you ran over the money tree in last bit of drama, me too cause mine's not lasting what it did last year, but I ahve to say Im excited AH bought me a new cell phone, cause 2 days without was driving me nuts not texting my mom.

Wow, after 11 and I have accomplished a lot. I want to declare a staying in day and soon Ill startvaccumming everything including garage and car, but not just yet
Old 07-21-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Be careful with the valerian root I dont think if your on anti depressants your supposed to take that it could cause an interaction. Just cause its an herb doesnt mean its safe to take.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Well I'm eating a bag of pretzels. YEA......I SAID PRETZELS!! LOL I've had all I can stand and I can't stand no more!!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Thanks Happy Ill try that. I was gonna try a herb (maybe amino acid) GABA for same thing, havent yet though.

My mom has something called "rescue" two drops under the tongue calms you.

The valerian took my edge off. Actually when in drug court Ah used to take Valerian root at the times when he would normally want a joint, he said it helped
Old 07-21-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Loves your place looks so cute!!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj0975 View Post
Be careful with the valerian root I dont think if your on anti depressants your supposed to take that it could cause an interaction. Just cause its an herb doesnt mean its safe to take.

Your right KJ, but Ive been off antidepressant for 3 months now. Going to drs next week to ahve my more expensive script switched out as Live suggested, then Ill stop the Valerian completely.

I always check with doctor before mixxing even vitamins with meds. When I was on Topomax, I had to be very careful or it would cause me to black out