View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
kj0975

I have to say I also have a hard time with the whole "ours" things. I think it also comes from being so independant for so long. I lived on my own and supported myself for years b4 I met scott. I think its hard for me still to admit that sometimes I do need some financial support from him. I mean he is the bread maker in this family right now. Then like anvil, scott likes to take the summers off and then I pick up the slack there although I dont think he notices. In fact in the 4yrs we have been together this is the first summer he has worked. This is also one of the few times that we have been together that I am not working let alone working 2jobs which drives him nuts cause the way he sees it I dont have too. The way I see is I do if I want some spending $. I mean he always says its "our" money. He has NEVER shot in my face how much he spends on me or anything like that. So I know he really does believe these things. Its just so hard I guess to admit that I do need him and yes I do need his $ too. Man, did I just type that. Hmm maybe making progress.

Never its so hard when u do help a friend and it seems they conned u. I have also been in that situation and its a hard one to be in. I just learned my lesson it was a hard lesson cause I am such a giving person and hate to see anyone struggle. But, on the other hand being the one looking in I could see if they just made a few simple life style changes that they wouldnt be hurting as bad money wise. Scott and I see this alot his family is always "borrowing" money I use that term loosly. Its more like giving them money. Then we will see them out in new sneakers or at the bar yet they dont have the 40 that they borrowed. Hmm how can u afford to go out? Frustrating as it is chalk it up in a lesson learned. Next time they ask just make a few simple suggestions as how they could budget better and they wouldnt be so broke.

Loves I agree with the good Dr. Anvil relax I mean where is that mess going? I am also a master and rearranging the dishes so they dont look as bad as they are. lol. I also am like a kid sometimes when it comes to cleaning if it can "hide" behind the couch for a bit vs lugging it upstairs and putting it away well then I hide hit. lol. Kinda like stuffing everything under my bed. My house looks lived in but not in a dirty way. Well I guess I should go find some motivation here too.