A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 5

Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

HEY what about ME! Did we forget its all about ME? Jeesh good thing I am here to remind u all!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:47 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

We were all wondering about you Teke. I'm glad to hear you're ok. Still.......we're here if you need anything.

and kim.........geesh.........hello honey.......I said "you need to add Kim and I to your friends" or something like that. You're never forgotten.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Okay Im trying to catch up to.
KJ, Hope she canccels the date.
Dinner...Im still full from lunch.
Teke, Im sorry.
Dates? Whats a date? I had a date at 16 with the guy I mentioned above that I email pal with. Had one blind date it lasted 18 months, yes really. He picked me up we had such a great time truthfully we didnt walk out of the same room together for 8 days.
Like the say "We dont have friends we take hostages."
Old 04-25-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Anvil I thanked the picture your a beautiful woman!!! I loved the hair. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I also said your arm was stunning too. I am glad that Hank is trustable (is that a word). Its very obvious he likes where he is now too. The goulosh was yummy here. Those voices in the head can sometimes be my worst enemy too. I call them the committee. I hate it when they all get together and have a meeting!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:21 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

and I thought I was the only one with those voices...
Anvil the picture was great. I love your hair color.

Now you know how I felt last night, noone cared about the picture of my son holding the turtle we found, or last week my video....

Its supposed to be all about me, do I need to create more drama for attention?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Blues, go to your my space page. Click on home. Go to where it says friend requests and click accept on Cinderella...
Ive been waiting all day to post your very first comment.

You dont need to wait for the girl from work, I cna walk you through it
Old 04-25-2007, 04:44 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
grateful rca

whew!!! i just read through all of these pages. i am gonna have to kind of start over here,

i do remember how cute you are anvil and i think you are doing so good cinder.

jewelz, sure hope you began to feel a lot better soon, seems like you are coming around pretty good, considering all the stuff you've got going on lately.

well i guess i need to go back and read some more, but overall, looks like all is well, so thats good.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
grateful rca

oh cinder, i saw the lil man holding the turtle, i thought about you last nite, i was watching some movie and it had a turtle in a tank, on it. he's a cutie pie. you're son, i mean. still don't care too much for turtles but i guess it looks ok too.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:52 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I had my kids make themselve pb and J for dinner. Am I a bad mom? I just ahve terrible PMS cramps. They arent complaining at least and are having bananas for desert.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Glad your puppy is entertaining you. My mutt got into my bedroom, since the door frame is broken and went in my closet and chewed my favorite pair of shoes.
Time to take things into my own hands. Tomorrow Im gonna find a place that will custom cut glass, and Im going attempt to fix the patio window so she can once again stay out there, and then Im going to get a piece of trim cut for my door and install it myself. Call me window man and trim carpenter, who needs a man, not I...
(STay tuned as after I attempt it unsuccessfully my tune my change)

Id leave the darn dog in the yard but today in 10 minutes she broke a sprinkler head, one of the remaining good ones.

Pets really are alot of work, I will not get into the trouble my turtles are causing
Old 04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
grateful rca

[ oops
Old 04-25-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
I had my kids make themselve pb and J for dinner. Am I a bad mom? I just ahve terrible PMS cramps. They arent complaining at least and are having bananas for desert.

ah the joy of single parenthood, i remember those days oh so well, it feels good to have no complaining kids and knowing that you don't have to do no more than you really feel like doing, its a little different without the hubby i'm sure. so much freedom to do just what you want to do, or almost do what you feel like doing or not doing. i'm so proud of you cinder.

that was what was so much fun about living alone for me.

anvil, glad to hear that you and hank are still enjoy your new baby. i'm glad that you both have something more to occupy your minds with. want you to know that i'm proud of the both of you, too
Old 04-25-2007, 05:45 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I sat on my patootie all day and didn't make anything for dinner. No one seems to be upset though..........cuz I have a headache and I'm spoiled.
Cindi.........PB&J are kids favorite food. They're probably loving it. Penut Butter and Bananas sound good right about now...yummy....me and Elvis loooooves us some PB and Bananas!!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Alrighty the girls are taken care of went out tonight and bought the other one a gown at the last minute she decided that she did want to go to the formal dance. So dress shoes pantyhose strapless bra necklace earings and 120 later here I am. I need mom advice pronto!

Alright the girls always go to the library and use the computers after school. Well I guess on of the librarians got on one of my nieces friends and told her she dressed like a hoochy and that prostitutes arent allowed there! (I'm pretty sure there is alot left out of the story) so my niece walking out the door called the librarian a biotch! I told her I didnt care how upset she was that was an adult and there is this whole respect thing that she needs to learn. So she is grounded and we will be going to the library to apologize to the lady. I also think the lady was out of line on talking to them like that. I explained to my niece I know its upsetting when someone hurts your friends feelings and u feel the need to stick up for them BUT still have no right to disrespect an adult. So she is grounded for a week. Is that ok? I dont know. I'm in a toss up here I can understand why but then again she wasnt raised like that I plus I dont want that to be a reflection of how I am doing with the girls.

Same kid seems so hungry for attention from boys seems a little to eager to please them. All the boys she hangs out with are older and she has heard that her "current" bf is only with her cause he heard she was "loose". I explained to her that she doesnt want to become "that" girl in school. People judge and people believe what they hear if they hear she is loose well then her friends can turn on her and start calling her some pretty nasty stuff. I told her I know the positive attention from boys does make u feel good about yourself but dont let them take advantage or disrpect u in any way. I worry about her so much. I dont know what else to say or do any advice? Should I have the counselor talk to her about this? Why does she feel the need to get that attention from boys? I dont understand and I dont want her to be 14 and pregnant either. I told her if she ever felt that she wanted to go further to come to me first so we can take precautions and protection. I also said she is tooooooooo young and said sex isnt that fun. (alright I had to lie). How did u guys handle this with your kids? Alright thats about it.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:30 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry that this has happened, i don't think that its a reflection on you at all, i think that they do have problems living around addiction, but they are still old enough to know right from wrong. i think that you are handling this is a healthy way. good for you. hopefully she'll learn her lesson from being grounded for this. try to keep in mind that she is a teenager and sometimes they do act out of character, not to excuse her behavior, but just say that you had nothing to do with all of this. its good you are taking her to apologize. my daughter is 14 too, and you want to know how i handle her, I FREAK OUT, TOO. keeping all of you in my prayers
Old 04-25-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I think you're doing a great job Kim. First off, kids in general get away with a heck of a lot more than we did as kids. When I stepped out of line, my momma whipped my butt.....and I mean whipped it. Now a days, someone is calling Social Services on you and it's usually the kids.........screaming abuse. Between what the kids are exposed to on tv, video games, movies..........and the list goes on.......they know way too much......more than we ever knew.
You're niece may be starving from attention because of what's happened with her mother. She's grabbing a hold of what she feels to be positive attention from these boys.....something that makes her feel good about herself even though the end result is just the opposite.
Like any good parent.........sigh.......all you can do is exactly what you're doing honey and then pray. She'll make her way and with your help and a lot of hope, she'll come out of it alright.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:01 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

KJ,

I think all you can do is talk to her the best you can.

Teenagers go through so much even with good parents as role models and some of the searching for attention is in born, other times its made worse by a parent being absent from their lives.
My sister, now 18 had both parents and no addiction but she was always searching for approval of boys.

My mom sat down told her she didnt approve of her having sex that young and all the dangers, she then went into but if you decide to let me know so you can be on birthcontrol. She started the depo shot at 15. My mom said at least it brought her peace of mind on that issue.

Kids are gonna do what tehy want to, its best that atleast shes honest with someone.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:11 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Teke, you havent said, how is your aquarium doing?
How are the puppies?
Old 04-26-2007, 03:46 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
grateful rca

so far cinder, the tank is doing ok, i lost 3 fish, and still checking, i may do a mini water change this wkend.

just checking in, having my first cup of coffee, all is well here, so far. i have to run a few errands this morning. i hope everyone is good this morning and having an even better day than yesterday.

i think today, i may spend some time working on uploading my pics from my camcorder. gotta figure it all out though, don't know what program do what yet, but i guess i'm learning.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:40 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
grateful rca

oh yeah, the puppies are doing ok, so far, only one died. there are 7 left. they are still depending on mom and have not started walking yet, so its kind of hard to see, just how they are. precious keeps them pretty much covered, nursing them, she is coming out more, but she is still protective of them. she's a really good mom, i think.

i think bo(dad) keeps trying to take a peek at them but precious won't let him go near them. she has them hidden, and i notice that when bo goes near where they are, precious always run and stand between the puppies and him. he seems to be anxious to see them, well maybe soon, is what i tell him.